Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 242
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((The description of the mental display says that it can affect people within a 15 foot radius of either the manifester or the subject of the power. Whether or not anyone is within that range of *you*, using the latter option would alert Atora; that's all I was saying. More surface thoughts:))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'd better finish up with this hole and get back quick before the midafternoon prayer begins. I don't want to be late again. I was so close to being late this morning and I think Brother Sederrin noticed it. I hope he doesn't let it get back to Mother Hapatha. She's so strict. I know the commands of our Lord are exacting but the Mother herself could be a little more lenient sometimes."

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Granny Godwin

    "So much fuss over a lady and her garden..." Still, seeing that the hole is too deep for ordinary seeds, Granny knows something isn't quite right.

    "Oh dear, oh dear..."

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron approaches as quietly as possible.

    Move silently (1d20)[17]
    Hide (1d20)[3]

    Since Byron knows he's not good at hiding, he's already got a backup plan if he's noticed.

    If he believes he's been noticed, he will greet her.

    Atora! It's Brother Byron of Kord! Why are you digging?

    If he believes he's not noticed, he will remain silent.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Atora doesn't seem to hear Byron, but when he gets within a short distance of her, she makes a quarter-turn to pat down the earth over her hole and spots him out of the corner of her eye. "Oh!" she exclaims. "I didn't know we were expecting anyone today. You can go on ahead, Byron. I'm nearly done."

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((Just in case))
    Zeke

    Zeke continues his thought-scan.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Nearly done? I'm sorry, I must be confused. What are you doing?

    (Will make Diplomacy check if necessary?)

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((Sorry about the late reply, this didn't pop up in my control panel for some reason.))

    Results of more mindreading:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, this could be very bad. I wonder who he's here to replace. Mother Hapatha didn't even wait for me to return for the ceremony before calling for a new follower! Oh, dear, oh dear."


    "Oh, I'm just filling in this hole. I'll be along in a minute. You can go on ahead if you like; there's no reason to wait for me," says Atora.
    Last edited by Alicorn; 2007-12-06 at 10:52 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Circe watches the situation passively, petting her owl gently while Byron talks.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    No, I like the company. Why are you filling in this hole? Can we help you?

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "I don't need any help. I'm filling it in because the Mother told me I ought to, obviously. You really ought to hurry. She won't like it if you keep her waiting - and she might be upset with me if she thinks I had something to do with it. It really doesn't matter if you like company or not. You'll have to get used to that."

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Oh, okay. I wouldn't want to make her mad. I hate to say this, but I've forgotten where she is. Slipped my mind. Which way to the Mother?

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Atora laughs. "Don't be ridiculous, Byron. You wouldn't be here at all unless she'd called you and that tells you everything you need to know. Look, it's sweet of you to try to cheer me up, but it's not going to do you any good in the long run to ingratiate yourself with me. I'm only a layfolk servant, not anyone important in the sanctum."

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    I'm not sure why, maybe because I live in the temple, but when I got the call, it was unclear. Maybe I only got half of the message. I really don't know where to go from here, I was just told to head south.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "I... guess the temple might have interfered," says Atora, furrowing her brow. "But you're out in the woods now, so that shouldn't still be happening. I expect Mother Hapatha will know. Well, just let me finish with this real quick," she says, shoveling a little more earth over the hole and stomping on it. "That should take care of it. Goodness, it's lucky you found me. If you'd been late because of having been in Kord's temple I don't think the Mother would have been pleased with you at all."

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    I agree. It's very lucky I found you. Lead the way, please.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Atora strikes off into the woods for several steps before she stops and snaps her fingers. "You know what it probably is? You've still got that silly holy symbol. Just take it off and drop it somewhere and I'm sure the call will get clearer. The Mother will make you give it up anyway. When Litin got here she made him give up that little sun necklace - he wasn't even very religious, he just got it from his cousin at the temple of Pelor, but it was still a graven image! I mean, it's not so crucial that you hear it perfectly since I can show you where the sanctum is, but if we had to move for some reason, you would need to know how to find the Mother."

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Hmmmm... Okay. But I'll just tuck it into my pack. In case you're wrong, I don't need two gods angry with me. Now, let's get moving.

    Byron will take off his holy symbol and put it into the top compartment of his handy haversack.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Atora stares at him. "What? You can't do that. It's not allowed. Why would I tell you lies about what the Mother wants from us? I don't want you to get in trouble. You have to get rid of it completely." She glances uneasily at the filled-in hole several paces back.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Why are you looking at that hole? Is something wrong, Atora?

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "You'll understand when we get there. Just take your graven image and throw it away first."

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Yes, very well...

    Byron gets his holy symbol, but then, instead of throwing it away, he touches Atora and casts Protection from Evil.

    Let the influence in your mind begone!

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Atora gives a little screech. "What are you doing?" she exclaims.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Being a priest. Now, what are you doing?

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "I! I hardly think my behavior is at issue! You were supposed to get rid of that, not..." She blinks at him. "You weren't called at all, were you! You just want me to show you where the sanctum is so you can stop our work!"

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    No, I don't want to stop your work.

    But there are women in Onitka who need you, Atora. My sister Trella is pregnant again. And we were sent to find you and the others, and bring you back to Onitka. We can make arrangements for your work here after that.


    Figure Diplomacy might be in order now.

    Diplomacy: (1d20+10)[29]

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "Mother Hapatha doesn't want us to go back to Onitka. Eventually everyone will be one of us and then perhaps I can be a midwife again but until then I have to do as I'm told. And I am not taking you to the sanctum or helping you find anyone else! Mother Hapatha told us this would happen! Oh, you wicked, evil, horrible person, trying to stymie us because you don't understand what we're working towards - it will be glorious -" Atora wrings her hands.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Well then, tell me what you're working towards. If it is so glorious, I will gratefully offer my assistance.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "No, you won't, don't you see? You're too blinded by the little things, it's only visible when they're all wiped away and there's just the glory. That's what the call does, but we haven't gathered enough strength to expand beyond those the Mother can call directly and - and - and I ought not to be telling you anything!"

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Atora, you're telling me because you trust me. Because you know so many people who have sought my advice. I will be open-minded and fair.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "No! You won't! You have an agenda and a false god and you won't give them up for our glory, they'll obstruct your vision and you will not be open-minded or fair, you'll only think you will be, and then when your unfairness makes you think we're all wrong you'll think that you were careful and thoughtful but you're just blind, we're all of us blind and only the Mother can see clearly! Go, go away, go back to Onitka, go back to your safe small little life, you'll find out what we're about soon enough!" shouts Atora.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •