Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 242
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Zeke

    Zeke stares into the eyes of (for lack of a better term) Uncompelled Peasant 1. The man's mind is filled with a rending screech that batters at his consciousness.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Manifesting Mind Thrust for 3 power points, expending psionic focus
    Manifesting Defensively: (1d20+19)[28]
    Damage: (3d10)[15]
    Withholding Display from all but target (who has to hear it regardless): (1d20+19)[25]
    Uncompelled Peasant 1 must succeed on a DC 17 Will save or take the damage
    Psionic Focus: (1d20+19)[35]


    Regarding with a drawn countenance the pain he wreaked upon the peasant, Zeke again fights down the mental clutter of violence building around him, focusing his power.

    AC: 22, HP: 17, Effects: Shield 2/60 rnds (6 mins), Inertial Armor 3/5 hrs.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Uncompelled Peasant 1 falls to the ground with a scream and dies.

    Uncompelled Peasant 2 misses Byron again.

    Byron misses Leddan.

    Leddan misses him, too.

    Uncompelled Peasant 1 remains dead.

    Zeke's turn.


    New initiative order for a reference on this page:

    Leddan
    Zeke
    Uncompelled Peasant 2
    Byron

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron continues his subdual attacks

    Attack (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage (1d8+2)[4]

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Zeke

    Zeke makes another mental assualt, this one on the other uncompelled peasant.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Manifesting Mind Thrust for 3 power points, expending psionic focus
    Damage: (3d10)[13]
    Withholding display: (1d20+19)[23]
    Will save is DC 17
    Regaining psionic focus: (1d20+19)[25]


    He pauses and again brings his consciousness into focus.

    AC: 22, HP: 17, Effects: Shield 3/60 rnds (6 mins), Inertial Armor 3/5 hrs.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Uncompelled Peasant 2 falls unconscious.

    Byron thwacks Leddan into unconsciousness as well.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Circe replies into the ring. "It would look suspicious if I simply came in and started fighting with you. Unless the situation is dire, I would prefer to remain here for the time being. Can you give me more information?"
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron checks the bodies to make sure they are all unconscious. When he finds the dead one, he glares at Zeke but says nothing.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Zeke

    Zeke says into the ring, "We've subdued the closest peasants, and we'll try to go to the aid of the two that will help us. There's a room down here with weapons in it, and the people here seem to be unfriendly to outsiders. We're following a man who will hopefully lead us to someone in charge. He's leading the two peasants that I suggested help us." His inflection on the word 'suggested' leads Circe to know that he's talking about something beyond mere speech.

    Looking up at Byron, he says, "I am sorry about that man. There is little I can do yet to incapacitate an enemy for a long period of time. I will do my best to negate that shortcoming." He looks around the room for a mace, and holds onto it as they advance into the next room, following the last man to enter and his two "suggestioned" companions.

    AC: 22, HP: 17, Effects: Shield 4/60 rnds (6 mins), Inertial Armor 3/5 hrs.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Very well, let us go forth.

    Byron follows Zeke, mace drawn.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    "Ruining a good plan, no doubt," the sorceress mutters before leaving Whisper on watch outside and descending into the hidden fortress.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    The exit from the first room leads not into another room, but rather into a narrow hallway which turns ninety degrees to the right and then takes another left.

    Zeke, in the lead, please roll a Reflex save.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Barely spotting the incoming threat, Zeke's power flashes into a barrier that shunts him aside, adding extra momentum to his reflexive dodge. (Activating Resistance racial ability, 1PP)
    (1d20+6)[15]

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((You cannot use immediate actions while flat-footed.))

    Zeke falls through a self-reclosing trapdoor in the floor and takes 15 falling damage. Spot checks from Byron and Circe, please.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe's spot check: 8
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Fine then, as you like.

    Falling down the shaft, Zeke builds an inertial barrier, dispersing some of the force of his landing. (Activate Resilience, expending 4 PP, reduce falling damage by 8 points.)

    HP: 10/21
    Last edited by Kai-Palin; 2008-02-20 at 05:59 PM.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Spot (1d20+5)[8]

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron and Circe see only Zeke falling into the pit and the trapdoor shutting seamlessly behind him.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Before moving any further, Circe calls upon her magic, casting a spell on herself. (Fly)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron stops.

    Zeke's gone. That's trouble.

    Lady Circe, do you know any magic that would aid me in crossing?

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Pleased at the appellation of 'Lady', Circe casts fly on Byron. "Fly spell," she says quietly.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron nods approvingly, and accepts the spell. Then he reaches into his bag and removes a 50 foot length of silk rope, and begins untying the knotted end, motioning towards Circe, pantomiming feeding the rope down the trap door.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Zeke looks around him, trying to discern his surroundings. He listens hard if he cannot see anything, one arm up in a warding gesture, bringing his wardshield up protect himself.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Zeke's surroundings are too dark for him to see anything, and he hears only Zeke and Circe's faint voices from above.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Circe steps onto the stop where Zeke fell, expecting the trap to trigger with her weight. Using the fly spell, she sinks just enough to lean against the door, hoping to keep it open (assuming the trap does, in fact, open).
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Assuming that all goes to plan and the trap door is opened, Byron drops one end of the rope down into the opening, keeping hold of the other end, levitating over the hole.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe's weight pushes the trap door open - slowly, as she's opposing the spring-loaded mechanism that caused it to reclose itself and because she isn't trusting her full weight to it - and light seeps into the hole, enough for everyone to see each other and Zeke to see the dangling end of the rope.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Zeke, grab on or stay down there, but be quick about it. We've still got work to do.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Zeke grasps the rope and attempts to clamor up it.

    (1d20-1)[5] (I think that's the right modifier, I'll check later.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    If Zeke cannot climb the rope, Byron will tell him to hold on, and then will levitate backwards, dragging him up.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Zeke just barely manages to cling to the rope as Byron hauls him up and out of the trap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •