Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 242
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    There we go. It's a touch difficult there. Nasty, that trap is. Lady Circe cast a fly spell on me. You already to continue, Zeke?

    If there is no discontent from Zeke or Circe, Byron will pick up Zeke and float across the trap, placing him on the other side. And then Byron will begin to float just off the ground, moving forwards.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((...right, I was waiting for something but yanno what let's skip it.))

    The three of you continue through the passageway. As you make a turn to the left, you spy the peasants that Zeke suggested - lying in puddles of their own blood in the hallway, having been stabbed just as Maphid was.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((*poke*))

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Circe looks nauseated at the sight of the bodies. She hitches up her skirts to avoid trailing them in any of the pooled blood. "How barbaric can they get?" she mutters.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron looks disgusted, seeing his fellows murdered so casually.

    Let us move forward quickly. We must save any that still live.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((I'm going to pretend that that was an action, not a statement, for the sake of the game advancing a touch more.))

    You continue through the passage, encountering no more traps or dead people, until you reach a huge, pillared chamber. A dozen of the missing peasants, most of whom Byron recognizes, form a line across the chamber, barring your path.

    ((Please indicate whether you are going to step into the chamber or not when you post, even if you just want to post dialogue.))

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron steps into the chamber, walking to the peasants.

    What have you been doing here? (He proceeds to name some of them) Please come home. Your families have missed you.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "If you're truly Maphid you know our home is here now!" shouts one of the peasants - Lartec, the baker's son, Byron recognizes. "Come no farther, any of you!"

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    If my home was here, then why was I killed? I have seen the error of my ways, and I have come back.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "If you're truly Maphid, you know why you had to die, as well!" shouts Lartec.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron decides to discard the charade, shifting back to his native appearance.

    I'm not Maphid, I'm Byron. I've come to find out why my brother died. You all know I've trained for battle in Kord's academy. I pray I will not have to take my answers from your corpses.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    The peasants startle when Byron shifts, but don't get out of the way.

    "You're entitled to no answers, infidel!" cries Tarsa Prain, a dairy farm girl who had been dating one of Byron's brothers.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    With the attention on Byron, Circe attempts to judge how alert and hostile the peasants are. She casts Eagle's Splendor on herself and watches the reaction of the crowd. (Takes her cha from 17 to 21)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Tarsa, you knew me. Maphid was killed. I need closure. I need answers. Kord demands I seek them, especially since there is such a struggle to find them.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as you can tell, the peasants would all like to see you dead, but for whatever reason, are not yet attacking. Some of them notice you casting a spell and start forward, looking like that might be reason to attack, but upon finding that it has no immediately threatening effect, they return to their original places in line.


    "I know you, and I know this is none of your business, closure or no. What your infidel's god demands is no fit reason for me to go against our orders," says Tarsa stonily.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    "And what are those orders?" the sorceress asks, sounding almost bored.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "We owe you no explanation!" shrieks Lartec.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Circe shakes out a handful of gold (10 gp) and displays it in one gloved hand. "Perhaps a little coin would loosen your tongue? Or at least make it more civil," she says. Her voice mixes boredom and a little irritation at the tone of the rabble.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron looks a bit put off by Circe's gesture, but waits for a reaction before he does anything else.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Lartec spits in Circe's general direction, although he's far enough away that it doesn't land particularly near her.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    You insult this good Lady, Lartec. And now, I must ask you to stand aside.

    Byron continues forward across the chamber, his weapon drawn, but not attacking. If he reaches the line of peasants, he will attempt to push through them, only attacking if he must, and making non-lethal strikes.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    As Byron approaches Lartec, he and the peasants to either side of him raise their weapons. "Come no closer. We'll kill you," says Lartec.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Circe mutters the words to a cantrip before following Byron in a more haughty manner. (Casting Detect Magic, and gazing at the people with it.)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    I very much doubt that. I've trained for battle for years. You know that, all of you do. If any of you are standing at the end of an encounter, I'd be sorely disappointed in myself. More likely you'll all be unconscious. Stand aside, don't make me hurt you.

    Intimidate: (1d20+2)[19]

    ((PS If Diplomacy would be an acceptable skill to use, even with that tactic, my modifier is +10 rather than +2)).

    Byron then continues forward, attempting to pass the line of peasants.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "Then we'll fall! There will be more of us, always more of us," laughs Lartec manically. The peasants do not move out of the way.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron decides it is time for business, and pushes through the line.

    Bull Rush.

    Strength Check: (1d20+1)[5]

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Circe uses one more spell-- Charm Person-- this time on Lartec. (Spell DC 16 to resist)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((We need initiatives now that we are doing combatty stuff.))

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe's init: 1d20+2=5
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron's Initiatitive: (1d20+1)[6]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •