New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Post Avatar Project Forms Compendium

EDIT: I'm back. Let's create as many forms as we can think of, since Eight Seraph needs them. Now!

This thread's purpose is to reunite every single Form you can create from this new system. For the only purpose of clarity, we will use a special format to write the Forms:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Witty Name in the corresponding color, in Bold.
    Seed 1+ Seed 2...etc=Corresponding Bending skill name and DC

Fluffy text in Italic to describe the awesomeness of your Form.

I'll start!

Steam Snare
    Mist/Feel the Flow/Freeze(Change Phase)= Waterbending DC: 47

She was close, but no one in our troop was able to pinpoint her. The only thing that proved us he was there, taunting us was the time of the day. No mist at all could rise under the midday sun.
    It was thick, and the silence was unbearable. Sometimes, one of my soldiers would hit the furnitures, piled behind the houses, making us jump in an attempt to surprise the thief.
    Then we heard her crystal-clear chuckling.
    That angered me so much, but for ten minutes, nothing happened. Now it's freezing.
    «All that for a sword she stole, I said to my partner. Why, nobody know.Until now, nobody knew a waterbender was in the village.»
    I had been only answered by the cold biting my skin.
    «Kodan?, I yelled. Where are you?»
    Then I slipped on the icy floor, smashing my head on a frozen rock. The mist had cleared around me. Kodan was covered in a thin layer of ice, sitting on the floor, the white encompassing his being contrasting with my blood. I reched my brow with my hand. I was bleeding snow like hell.
    Snow?
    I couldn't move my eyes from Kodan, neither I could move my arms.
    Then I heard her crystal-clear chuckling.
    That angered me so much.

Forms created
    Spoiler
    Show
    Airbending
    Spoiler
    Show

Ride the Cyclone
    Air Scooter / Air Blast / Air Burst (+5) / Air Thrust: DC 49+

Scrambling on the fast moving air scooter, the airbender shot around his opponents swiftly trying to find escape from the firebenders who sought him. Ducking down alleys and over buildings, the airbender eventually found himself riding quickly into a large group of foes in the town's square. He grinned mischievously as he simply tumbled off of the air scooter and landed nimbly on his feet. The air scooter, however, did not dissipate, it continued to travel into the group of foes and explode outwards in a blast of gale force winds, scattering firebenders like dust in the wind.

This form turns the air scooter into a self-propelled air burst. The scooter can travel up to an additional 60 feet from the airbender and then it explodes with the Air Blast (Push) in a radius of 10ft and deals 1d4 points of damage (plus 1d4 for every 5 the DC is beaten) from the force, plus any additional damage from stuff they fall into.

Smoke Bomb Escape
    Dust Cloud/Run as the Wind or Airbenders Leap: DC 24 or 29

Cornered, the Airbender sucked in a great breath as if to strike his pursuers with one final attack. He twirled his staff over his head, wind whipping through the alley, and struck with all his force... at the ground. The alley exploded into an opaque cloud of dust and debris. The pursuing Firebenders promptly engulfed the cloud in gouts of flame, incinerating the bits of trash and dissipating the cloud in a matter of seconds. But when the dust cleared, the Airbender was gone.

The airbender uses a blast of air to simultaneously launch himself in a particular direction and create a dust cloud, effectively disappearing like a ninja with a smoke bomb.

Rising Storm
    Stormwinds/Particles(Dust Cloud)

In the hands of the airbender lies the power to defend oneself by unleashing omens of doom upon the mens. Separated by walls of dust, many despair for that loneliness is the worst omen of defeat.

Scream Hole
    Sound Waves(Resonating Sound)/Air Shield= Airbending DC: 44

"Get off me!", yelled the arrow-tatooed women.
    "I said get OFF!" As she screamed, her voice lost itself in an unearthly wail, strong enough to make her abductors ears bleed. They got rolling on the ground, repelled by the gust the airbender summoned. By the time they could get up, she fled.
    -Man, you said Air Nomad girls were easy!
    -'Thought they couldn't fight. Well, look like they can defend, though.

Swift Scooter
    Run as the Wind / Air Scooter: DC 29+

His foes laid low, the airbender spun his arms quickly to form another air scooter, one that seemed to roil with incredible force. Perching upon it, the airbender then shot like an arrow from the town, and the assembled firebenders would swear they heard the sound of the air cracking in anguish from the speed of the airbender.

This form increases the already potent speed of the Air Scooter to 65ft + 5ft for every 4 that the DC is beaten by.

Earthbending
    Spoiler
    Show
    Badgermole Jaw
    Rift/Column= Earthbending DC: 49

Despite being the most rigid and ordered of all the realms, the Earth Kingdom has known many masters of torture and other "dishonorable arts". While being quite a dark heritage to bear, this "quest for information" developped creativity among the people of the land. To force any Fire Nation officer to deliver his secrets, burrow his legs, right below the crotch and tighten the soil. Maybe his nut will crack and open to it's treasure!

Death From Above
    Golem/Catapult: Earthbending DC 39

A growing shadow appeared around the witless firebender. "Huh? What?" *THUMP*

Note: Reflex for half. If you fail, Fort to avoid being knocked prone. The golem gets a standard action. Range 10 ft. Full round action to use.

Rolling Mound
    Earthen Stride/Create Rubble= Earthbending DC: 39

"CHIEF! Chief! The forest is crashing! Animals are panicked! Dust clouds have rised to the north! It must be an Earth Kingdom strike!"
    It was too late. Trees started falling on the camp, the soil rippling under as a green-clothed kid was riding a mound of earth.
    "I'm the greatest earthbender in the world!", yelled the girl.

Tiger Trap
    Column/Immobilize/Exacavate(+4 for 5-ft more) = DC:59

"You think you can stop me, old man? I've brought in bigger game than you before," menaced the bounty hunter from West. "And with all the trouble you've given me, . The old man gave a laugh and began a series of quick, complex gestures. Before the Fire Nation warrior knew what was going on, he was 10 feet below the earth, encased in solid rock and trapped in a dark cave. The Earthbender gave a smug grin and walked towards town, content in the knowledge his hunter would spend the last of his days trapped in a straight jacket in his own personal cave.

Whack-a-mole's Revenge
    Waterbending Study Feat/Tremor Sense/Catapult: DC 55

Surrounded by angry loan sharks, a ton of hired muscle, and several accomplished earth benders, The Great Mole Man dropped into a wide stance, bracing himself for the oncoming attack. But just before that moment when the mob would strike (their shifting weight gave them away), The Mole Man made an abrupt circular, twisting motion with his arms and the earth beneath his feet opened up and swallowed him whole.

Gou Hung Fat, one of the aforementioned angry loan sharks, turned approvingly towards the hired earth benders. But the congratulations he had in mind died on his lips when he saw the horrified expressions on their faces. Gou was not a very fast man, hell, his last name was Fat, but as if to deny destiny he attempted to waddle to the side when he heard the rumble beneath his feet. The short grinding noise was all the warning he had before the ground itself hurled him twenty feet into the air.The other members of the mob stared, transfixed as the man who had hired most of their group arced over the local tea shop and crashed into it's garbage filled alley.

Swimming through the earth, the Mole Man focused his remarkable Tremorsense on the remaining tough guys and soon the town square was filled with their flying bodies, flung into the air like rag dolls. One of the miscreants plummeted into a passing cart full of cabbages that exploded upon impact, leaving it's already depressed owner in a state of shock.

His purse protected, the Mole Man breached, popping out of the earth, he closed the hole behind him, and landed on solid ground. After surveying the damage and giving a hearty laugh, the Great Mole Man strolled off into the sunset.

As you can see, practical application of Earth Swimming and Tremorsense can stealthily and quickly dispose of multiple targets with the greatest of ease. Also works well with: Column, Excavate, or Earth Blast.

Firebending
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ash Wyrm
    Fire Sweep/Smoke(Choke)= Firebending DC: 39

Nobody listen to a deserter in the Earth Kingdom. Especially if you're a Fire Kingdom deserter. In fact, even more if you've been caught by the autorities stealing some food.
    "Surrender, thief!", said the guards officer's.
    Always the same phrase. Is it a convention?
    I was surrounded in a dusty alley, which reminded me of the old teacher I had; he said: "Earthbenders know how to use their environment. Do the same." So I did. Spinning like a top, I landed a kick on the floor, letting a torrent of fire engulf them. Such wide moves, while inneficient, gattered the dirt and burnt it to ashes, colouring the flames in an unhealthy black. Coughing can't help following a foe, so I managed to flee.
    Good thing, after all.

Back-off!

Fire Sweep + Explosion(Repel) + Play With Fire: DC 30

Roiling flames push the firebender's enemies away, then they seem to take a life of their own and continue knocking weak humans away.

Breath of the Blue Dragon
    Breath of the Dragon/Lightning Base DC:69

The door creaked open slowly, the figure blocking the light purposly moved towards the shackled figure on the wall. "It's been three days without food or water. How about you tell me where the Fire Nation is going to move next?" "How about not?" The crumbld figure took a deep breath and exhaled. A bolt of lightning shot from his mouth and hit the man dead center and was thrown across the room. The air settled with the destinct smell of Ozone. And the prisnor smiled.

Dragon Kick
    Explosive Burning Rush with guest appearance by the Flying Kick feat= Firebending DC 20

He's a strong opponent. He doesn't even bother to block my strikes anymore, and whatever that sticky stuff on his armor is keeps putting my fire out. Heh. Guess I can't hold back any longer, then. I dodge under his warhammer one last time and jump out of his reach. He can't keep up with me, and he doesn't bother to try. He just thinks that I'll tire out so he can crush me. Fool.
    I turn tail and sprint the fifty feet to the other side. That deluded little man chuckles, thinking that I've given up. He'll find out all too soon that you should never fight a Fire Nation agent anywhere near a cliffside. Too bad he'll never have a chance to apply his knowledge. He takes up a defense position, expecting the attack. Fine by me.
    I close my eyes and focus, feeling the familiar sensation of superheated air beneath my feet and the roar of the flames fills the cave, making the walls tremble in anticipation. I let the pressure build then explode out, the flames propelling my left leg straight outward, covering the distance to my opponent in a fraction of a second, immediately shoving his helmet several inches into his head. As I made combat, I released the rest of my pressure, a river of fire consuming my opponent's face and propelling smoldering form several hundred feet to the cliff's base.

Damage as Fire Blast, plus damage as a charge with Flying Kick, plus about 3d6 extra damage for the combination strike, then the falling damage. Overpowered? Probably. But let nobody say any longer that firebenders only have Fire Blast going for them.

Explosive Discharge
    Lightning/Fire Burst: DC 74

With a horde of Earthbending soldiers trampling his way, the highly advanced Firebender focused on the intrinsic energies of ying and yang within himself, pulling them apart by sheer force of will. This particular Firebender took a gamble, pulling the energies apart farther than his old master had ever advised. He pulled until his will was spent and his body was nearly shaking with electrical charge. And in that fatal moment, just before the nearest Earthbender wound up for an Earth Blast, the Firebender let go and his body erupted in a terrifying explosion of pent up electrical charge as the twin opposite energies crashed back together. Myriad bolts of cobalt lightning tore through the Earthbenders' ranks, decimating the entire battalion. The Firebender sat down abruptly amid the charred, smoking corpses, completely exhausted by the tremendous energies he had played host to.

I feel like the Firebender should be Fatigued or maybe Exhausted after this form seeing as he's playing with the very forces that define the universe (according to Avatar).

Flying Ashes
    Burning Rush/Explosion= Firebending DC: 20

Students sometimes come up with crazy ideas. This guy had to reach the top of the academy to get his ball back. When halfway in the air, he saw he wouldn't make it, so he blew up the air down his feet. He got some bruises and scars, but everyone had a good laugh! Well, till the teacher catched him...

Inferno Blast
    Fire Blast / Fire in the Stomach / Intensity: DC 34+

The firebender Agni Kai was progressing with deadly slowness as the two firebenders circled each other warily. They each had dozens of stinging sears and scorches over their well muscled bodies. They were wounded and tired, and both were fighting for their honor. The younger man, a new officer, had stood up against an elder and for his insubordination, was challenged to an Agni Kai. The elder grinned slyly at the slowing young one as he fell to his knee, thinking the game won. Musting all of his strength, the younger took in a deep breath to stoke the fading coals of his strength, seeking one last burst of flame. The elder formed a knife of fire and walked towards his prey, thinking victory was at hand as the younger brought forth a wave of heat from within, igniting the very air around him as he poured all of his strength into this one last, fiery conflagration. He stood and shaped the fiery mass into a swirling vortex of doom and fired as a heavy blast at his foe who stood dumbfounded at his own demise. When the glare of the blast and the smoke cleared, the young officer was on his hands and knees on the hot stone and his opponent was nowhere to be found.

By bringing in the strength of firebending, one's breath, and use it to stoke the flame within, a firebender can greatly intensify the strength of his fireblast. By turning the fire blast into a full round action, he can increase the blast's damage. The blast does the firebender's base fire blast damage +1d6, plus an additional 1d6 points of damage for every 4 that the firebender beats the target DC on his firebending check.

Living Dragon Incarnation
    Lava Flows(30) + Fire Blast(5) + Play With Fire(5): DC 40

"Earthbenders are far too defensive for their own good.."
    A trio of earthbenders, part of their nation's military, trapped the young firebender in a small alleyway. Sure, all he had was fire, but those poor Earthbenders had forgotten one key part of Firebender military training.

The Unapproachable Spear
    Blade of Fire(Create a Glaive) + Explosion(Repel): DC 20

In a split second, the trapped firebender armed himself with the only weapon he had on hand. A long glaive of pure flame lept into his hands. His enemies rushed onward, but each blow of the glaive sent them flying!

Thousand Birds
    Blades of Fire/Lightning(Cold Fire): Firebending DC:59

The two warriors were standing still, watching each others moves. Their students were fighting a little farther on this new, half-built bridge. The mist was everywhere, starting to thin as the fugitive waterbender assassin couldn't concentrate or move to keep it strong. He was pinned by the fierce hounds of his firebender opponent, a rival from an allied country, known to be able to reproduce his foes bending arts, a feat beyond logic, Hamake Kadashi was a great ennemy.
    ''Zabura. You think I got there only thanks to my feat? I will now show you no copy, but my own technique'', Kadashi said calmly.
    He joined his hands.
    ''Behold!''
    Hamake Kadashi performed the moves needed to invoke his secret weapon, mostly hand signs. Between his thumbs began crackling in the chirping of a flock of small birds a raging thunder. The strength of this energy made the air grow heavy.
    ''You went too far. Tazura, your mark, represents the courage in this land. The bridge he is building, hope. You sacrificed too many to fulfill your ambitions. This is shameful to your clan.
    -So what? I lived for my own ideals, not matter who or what gets in my way. It aint gonna change!, Zabura said in a smirk, behind the tight piece of cloth hiding the lower part of his face.
    The scream of the lightning was deafening. In the blink of an eye, Kadashi deftly struck the heart of the runaway, arcs of power breaking through his body, roasting his red flesh. The hounds were scared, but this show wasn't new to their eyes, and the Master would surely let them have the corpse as a meal.

You make a lightning blade, which deal a huge amount of damage.
    Last edited by Guyr Adamantine; 2008-06-20 at 12:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strongarm Warrior: An actually worthwhile Monkey Grip-focused PrC!
    Guyr Adamantine Avatar by Tomb Raven.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Project Forms Compendium

Wow. I like your seed, it sounds like something Hama would do. If I had to DM it, though, I'd say that you could just do the Mist DC to start off, then increase it when the freezing kicked in, so if you failed a Waterbending check, it would only shut off the cold for that turn. Anywho, here's something a bit different.

Dragon Kick
    Explosive Burning Rush
    with guest appearance by the Flying Kick feat= Firebending DC 20

He's a strong opponent. He doesn't even bother to block my strikes anymore, and whatever that sticky stuff on his armor is keeps putting my fire out. Heh. Guess I can't hold back any longer, then. I dodge under his warhammer one last time and jump out of his reach. He can't keep up with me, and he doesn't bother to try. He just thinks that I'll tire out so he can crush me. Fool.
    I turn tail and sprint the fifty feet to the other side. That deluded little man chuckles, thinking that I've given up. He'll find out all too soon that you should never fight a Fire Nation agent anywhere near a cliffside. Too bad he'll never have a chance to apply his knowledge. He takes up a defense position, expecting the attack. Fine by me.
    I close my eyes and focus, feeling the familiar sensation of superheated air beneath my feet and the roar of the flames fills the cave, making the walls tremble in anticipation. I let the pressure build then explode out, the flames propelling my left leg straight outward, covering the distance to my opponent in a fraction of a second, immediately shoving his helmet several inches into his head. As I made combat, I released the rest of my pressure, a river of fire consuming my opponent's face and propelling smoldering form several hundred feet to the cliff's base.

Damage as Fire Blast, plus damage as a charge with Flying Kick, plus about 3d6 extra damage for the combination strike, then the falling damage. Overpowered? Probably. But let nobody say any longer that firebenders only have Fire Blast going for them.
    Last edited by Eighth_Seraph; 2007-11-23 at 04:12 PM.
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

3. - Top - End - #3

Tower of Power

Water Spout/Change Phase: Waterbending DC 19

The waterbender threw himself to one side, barely dodging the slabs of earth that crashed together a fraction of a second too late. His opponent, a clever earthbender, sniggered. "I'll get you eventually, you know." The waterbender climbed to his feet. "That's what you think!" he snarled. As he moved his arms in a complex pattern, starting at his feet and moving upwards, water from a nearby puddle flowed toward him, joining with the water from other puddles and pooling and rising underneath his feet. Suddenly, the waterbender took off straight up, rising rapidly atop a column of water. High above the ground, the waterbender clenched his fists and the whole column froze solid in an instant. "No dirt to trap me in up here!" he shouted.

Edit: Oh yeah, technical description. You're standing on top of a big tower thingie. The view is better and earthbenders can't trap you. Also, melee characters need a ladder.
    Last edited by FlyMolo; 2007-11-23 at 10:33 PM.
    Proud initiate ref for the Arena!
    Spoiler
    Show

Llince 2-1
    Akhond 1-0
    Wolatifex 0-0

Crimson Mageatar!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ex-avatar/ists:
    The Chilli God
    Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. You can only do it if you can do it backwards....

Reverse Icicle
    Change Phase/Water Spout/ Steady Stance
    Waterbending DC:24

The Dai lee agent was surrounded, the fight gone from his body. Yet he still managed to laugh...."You can't keep me from bending. Once my Chi is balanced again I shall rise!" "Oh yeah?"

Waterbender version of the earthbender seed that traps people. I forget what it's called.

Edit: grammar and spelling corrected by elder brother.
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2007-11-24 at 04:39 PM.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Tiger Trap

Column/Immobilize/Exacavate(+4 for 5-ft more) = DC:59

"You think you can stop me, old man? I've brought in bigger game than you before," menaced the bounty hunter from West. "And with all the trouble you've given me, I'll be sure to take my time 'subduing' you..." The old man gave a laugh and began a series of quick, complex gestures. Before the Fire Nation warrior knew what was going on, he was 10 feet below the earth, encased in solid rock and trapped in a dark cave. The Earthbender gave a smug grin and walked towards town, content in the knowledge his hunter would spend the last of his days trapped in a straight jacket in his own personal cave.

The target is dropped 10 feet below the ground, and the newly created hole is covered by 5 feet of earth. The target must make a Reflex save or be immobilized. The target is considered helpless, but can still take actions that require only mental or verbal activity. Those who fail the Reflex save can make a Strength check equal to the Earthbending check to break free as a full-round action. They can also be freed by the use of any appropriate Earthbending form or by dealing 100 points of damage to the stone. Increasing the Earthbending DC by +5 for each size category above medium allows an Earthbender can capture larger creatures. A Tiger Trap can hold up to 1 Large creature, 2 Medium, or 4 Small creatures without needing to be increased in size. Adding an additional space in the trap increases the DC by 13. Every creature beyond the first increases the DC by an additional 10. Performing the Tiger Trap form in solid stone increases the bending DC by 20.
    Last edited by Vadin; 2007-11-26 at 06:25 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: Avatar Project Forms Compendium

Wow. I like your seed, it sounds like something Hama would do. If I had to DM it, though, I'd say that you could just do the Mist DC to start off, then increase it when the freezing kicked in, so if you failed a Waterbending check, it would only shut off the cold for that turn. Anywho, here's something a bit different.
    Thanks, but I felt like I got a kick in the nuts when I watched The Drill yesterday(On the Quebec equivalent of YTV and Nick, called Vrak TV). Katara does the same damn technique . Anyway, here's another form one Hama would like. I'd allow a fortitude save to resist, as a disintegrate ripoff.

White Preservation

Puppet/Freeze(Change Phase)= Waterbending DC: 59

Fright began lurking on my spine as my bulking muscles were moving against my will, under the control of that hag. Her fiendish smile madened me, I couldn't understand how such torture inspired such pleasure.
    She was toying with me, but her fun seemed to last quite for a short time. She wasn't concentrating on any humiliation to deal, she tried to do more.
    Her unability to further increase my pain filled me with joy.
    Then I saw excitement in her old eyes.
    My skin started stretching, my flesh pushing it to the limit as it grew in mass.
    I was freezing to the core.
    Everything became black.
    "Well, I guess storage won't be trouble anymore. What a great way to keep them fresh!", said Hama when she climbed back to her house.

---------------------------------------
    Just Freeze your Puppets!

Another one, for firebenders! This suppose you can bull rush yourself with an explosion, so broaden your horizons!
    ---------------------------------------

Flying Ashes

Burning Rush/Explosion= Firebending DC: 20

Students sometimes come up with crazy ideas. This guy had to reach the top of the academy to get his ball back. When halfway in the air, he saw he wouldn't make it, so he blew up the air down his feet. He got some bruises and scars, but everyone had a good laugh! Well, till the teacher catched him...
    Last edited by Guyr Adamantine; 2007-11-24 at 11:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Living Armor

Golem/Armor: Waterbending DC 39

Note: would be DC 34, but a ruling that the amor has to be one size category larger than you would be wise, I think.

The old waterbender surveyed the troop of young firebenders sent to arrest him. "I don't have much chance of fighting, do I? Not as old and frail as I am. Just let me get my coat." The old man hobbled off before the young hotshots had a chance to react. This wasn't how it was supposed to go, but what the heck. The guy had to be 85, at least. "Hey, did you hear something?" "No, what kind of something?" "Sort of a low rumbling..." "Suddenly, the wall smashed in, covering the squad with dust and showering them with bits of masonry. A huge Golem stood over them, built of blocky lumps of snow and ice. "I'm not so old now, am I?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Llince 2-1
    Akhond 1-0
    Wolatifex 0-0

Crimson Mageatar!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ex-avatar/ists:
    The Chilli God
    Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Ash Wyrm

Fire Sweep/Smoke(Choke)= Firebending DC: 39

Nobody listen to a deserter in the Earth Kingdom. Especially if you're a Fire Kingdom deserter. In fact, even more if you've been caught by the autorities stealing some food.
    "Surrender, thief!", said the guards officer's.
    Always the same phrase. Is it a convention?
    I was surrounded in a dusty alley, which reminded me of the old teacher I had; he said: "Earthbenders know how to use their environment. Do the same." So I did. Spinning like a top, I landed a kick on the floor, letting a torrent of fire engulf them. Such wide moves, while inneficient, gattered the dirt and burnt it to ashes, colouring the flames in an unhealthy black. Coughing can't help following a foe, so I managed to flee.
    Good thing, after all.

Scream Hole

Sound Waves(Resonating Sound)/Air Shield= Airbending DC: 44

"Get off me!", yelled the arrow-tatooed women.
    "I said get OFF!" As she screamed, her voice lost itself in an unearthly wail, strong enough to make her abductors ears bleed. They got rolling on the ground, repelled by the gust the airbender summoned. By the time they could get up, she fled.
    -Man, you said Air Nomad girls were easy!
    -'Thought they couldn't fight. Well, look like they can defend, though.
    Last edited by Guyr Adamantine; 2007-11-24 at 05:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm, looks like fun...

Giant Flaming Lava Dragon of DOOM!!!
    Lava Flows(Play with Fire) + Lava Flows(Fire Burst) = Firebending DC: 112 (Or 82, if Lava Flows is only applied once)

Note: Play with Fire doesn't seem to limit the amount of fire you can control, so I'm going to assume that controlling a Gargantuan flaming lava dragon is DC 35.

The earthbender platoon was mystified. They had fought their way through the town militia, braved the firebending master's guards, and smashed down the door to his simple house, only to find that he wasn't there. Backing out of the house, one of them chanced to look up.

It was the last thing he ever did. Far above, the firebender stood on the lava that composed the head of a giant, flaming dragon. He swung the great mass of lava around and accelerated towards the hapless earthbenders. The 'dragon' smashed into the ground and exploded, flinging great globs of molten rock everywhere. After the smoke cleared, the master stood in the middle of a smoldering crater, unscathed except for slightly singed hair.

Damage = Fire Blast damage + lava! (I'd say that the amount of lava in a Gargantuan dragon would count as complete immersion, so let's call the total 29d6 damage.)

'Course, that's if you want to fly at 60 feet per round. Here's a table of some less dramatic alternatives:
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Feet per round|Firebending DC|DC without Fire Burst (just for transport)
    5|90|35
    10|92|37
    15|94|39
    20|96|41
    25|98|43
    30|100|45
    35|102|47
    40|104|49
    45|106|51
    50|108|53
    55|110|55
    60|112|57
    65|114|59
    70|116|61
    75|118|63
    80|120|65
    85|122|67
    90|124|69
    95|126|71
    100|128|73
    [/table]

(If you're wondering why they didn't notice a giant flaming lava dragon in the sky, shhhhhhh.)
    Last edited by Xiagu; 2007-11-25 at 11:27 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Hail of Ice
    Ice Shards/Chill: Base Waterbending DC 19

The waterbender took a deep breath and exhaled sharply, throwing his arms out in front of him as he did so. A nearby river grew goosebumps of ice, which took off in a deadly hail toward a hapless opponent.

Note: A very basic form, posted in the interest of completeness. Damage 2d4 piercing and 2d4 cold, in two knives. Add +2 to the DC to add another knife, doing 1d4 piercing and 1d4 cold. A level 15 waterbender can do 22d4 damage, reflex 22 for half.

Gotcha Coming and Going
    Ice Shards/Pressure/Water Blast: Waterbending DC 33

The Waterbender clenched his fist, icicle spikes rising from the ground behind his circling opponent. "Whoops, I think you missed me!" he taunted. "No, I didn't", the Waterbender muttered, letting a blast fly towards the unwitting opponent, lifting him from his feet and throwing him through a thicket of ice shards.

Note: Like the one above, easy to scale up. add more squares for +4 to the DC, which ups the damage. This really comes into its own when you knock them back 15 feet, dealing 3d4 +1d6 piercing and 3d4 cold. If the DC is too much, split it up as a spike action and a pressure action. Both standard actions, sadly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Llince 2-1
    Akhond 1-0
    Wolatifex 0-0

Crimson Mageatar!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ex-avatar/ists:
    The Chilli God
    Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

BTW Xiagu: Apply Lava Flows once

Badgermole Jaw

Rift/Column= Earthbending DC: 49

Despite being the most rigid and ordered of all the realms, the Earth Kingdom has known many masters of torture and other "dishonorable arts". While being quite a dark heritage to bear, this "quest for information" developped creativity among the people of the land. To force any Fire Nation officer to deliver his secrets, burrow his legs, right below the crotch and tighten the soil. Maybe his nut will crack and open to it's treasure!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Lava Flows(30) + Fire Blast(5) + Play With Fire(5): DC 40.

A trio of earthbenders, part of their nation's military, trapped the young firebender in a small alleyway. Sure, all he had was fire, but those poor Earthbenders had forgotten one key part of Firebender military training.

Fire Is Everywhere.

A single ball of flame burst forth and slammed into the ground. Each earthbender gave a quiet chuckle, but they were quickly silenced as the earth began to rumble. The ground beneath their feet split apart as molten rock and magma poured to the surface. The firebender quickly found himself engulfed in the lava as it formed around his body. The lava changed it's shape into that of the dragon, with it's mouth agape and dripping lava like saliva. The dragon's eyes were made of the same flame as the bender's fire. Death had come, and it had come with molten teeth and claws!

The Unapproachable Spear
    Blade of Fire(Create a Glaive) + Explosion(Repel): DC 20

In a split second, the trapped firebender armed himself with the only weapon he had on hand. A long glaive of pure flame lept into his hands. His enemies rushed onward, but each blow of the glaive sent them flying!

Back-off!
    Fire Sweep + Explosion(Repel) + Play With Fire: DC 30

Roiling flames push the firebender's enemies away, then they seem to take a life of their own and continue knocking weak humans away.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Lava Flows(30) + Fire Blast(5) + Play With Fire(5): DC 40.

Fire Is Everywhere.

A single ball of flame burst forth and slammed into the ground. Each earthbender gave a quiet chuckle, but they were quickly silenced as the earth began to rumble. The ground beneath their feet split apart as molten rock and magma poured to the surface. The firebender quickly found himself engulfed in the lava as it formed around his body. The lava changed it's shape into that of the dragon, with it's mouth agape and dripping lava like saliva. The dragon's eyes were made of the same flame as the bender's fire. Death had come, and it had come with molten teeth and claws!
    For my giant lava dragon thingy, I thought that you had to apply the Lava Flows template to Play with Fire in order to move lava...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Rolling Mound

Earthen Stride/Create Rubble= Earthbending DC: 39

"CHIEF! Chief! The forest is crashing! Animals are panicked! Dust clouds have rised to the north! It must be an Earth Kingdom strike!"
    It was too late. Trees started falling on the camp, the soil rippling under as a green-clothed kid was riding a mound of earth.
    "I'm the greatest earthbender in the world!", yelled the girl.

Rising Storm

Stormwinds/Particles(Dust Cloud)

In the hands of the aiarbender lies the power to defend oneself by unleashing omens of doom upon the mens. Separated by walls of dust, many despair for that loneliness is the worst omen of defeat.
    Last edited by Guyr Adamantine; 2007-11-25 at 03:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

T'was waiting to happen eventually.......

Breath of the Blue Dragon
    Breath of the Dragon/Lightning Base DC:69

The door creaked open slowly, the figure blocking the light purposly moved towards the shackled figure on the wall. "It's been three days without food or water. How about you tell me where the Fire Nation is going to move next?" "How about not?" The crumbld figure took a deep breath and exhaled. A bolt of lightning shot from his mouth and hit the man dead center and was thrown across the room. The air settled with the destinct smell of Ozone. And the prisnor smiled.

Other possible non-sensical combos to follow.EDIT like this one!

Internal Combustion
    Breath of the Dragon/Explosion

"You will pay more dearly for this for what you have done". The firebender was was gasping from the most recent round of torture. "Your insolence will not go unpunished". And the firebender smiled, for he knew this was wrong. After regaining his breath the firebender intook his last and deepest breath and let the pressure build inside him. Just before He thought he would let it out his used his last act of firebendng and exploded in a ball of flame, killing both him and the torturer.
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2007-11-25 at 04:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

I can't see why breath of the blue dragon would be nonsensical... but I love Internal Combustion. Probably the best way to die.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Avatar Project Forms Compendium

I can't see why breath of the blue dragon would be nonsensical... but I love Internal Combustion. Probably the best way to die.
    Separate the energies of fire to unleash thunder... With your teeth!

Now that I did two of each elements, I'll expand! It could be fun if some of these end up in the PDF, but we need much more. Come to me, my benders! Create crazy forms of dealing death!

P.S.: I will classify the forms in spoiler blocks in the OP.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiling009 View Post
    Wait.... ...I remember a thread about that in SMBG! It was entitled something like that...

One of them was "Swallow a delayed blast fireball."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiling009 View Post
    Because spitting lightning just doesn't make sense. Think about it. In the first episode envovling lightning, Azula has to do her whole arm waving thng. And your telling me it makes perfect sense to skip all of that, and give you the handy part of not tipping off your opponents......by shooting it out your nose? But thank you for the complement

More Water!!!!!

Cleansing Steam

Healing Waters/Mist Base DC:34
    "Juse let that soak into your skin. Feel the steam surrond your body and give you an essence of calm. And have all your anxieties float away.
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2007-11-26 at 05:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Death From Above
    Golem/Catapult: Earthbending DC 39

A growing shadow appeared around the witless firebender. "Huh? What?" *THUMP*

Note: Reflex for half. If you fail, Fort to avoid being knocked prone. The golem gets a standard action. Range 10 ft. Full round action to use.

Edit: Upon a re-read, you may be able to use this seed anywhere within your bending range.

The Fort save and reflex save increase by 5 for every size larger than medium the Golem is.

Size
    Medium: 2d6
    Large golem(+5 DC): 8d6
    Huge:66d6
    Gargantuan(+10 DC): 500d6
    Colossal(+15 DC): more than 500d6.

Damage increment per +4 DC (+5 ft range)
    Medium: 2d6
    Large: 8d6
    Huge: 66d6
    Gargantuan: 500d6
    Colossal: more than 500d6.

These are according to critter weights in the SRD, assuming you launch the golem 10 ft in any direction. I'm going to assume for brevity that you don't want the golem to land on you. Edit: Also, that means that you have to add +4 for a Gargantuan critter, and +12 for a colossal golem, just so it doesn't land on you too. Sorry about lack of tables. I don't know quite how they work.
    Last edited by FlyMolo; 2007-11-26 at 10:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Llince 2-1
    Akhond 1-0
    Wolatifex 0-0

Crimson Mageatar!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ex-avatar/ists:
    The Chilli God
    Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Thats........ dumb. Really dumb. 500d6!? That's so broken! I mean, WTF?!
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2007-11-25 at 10:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Here's a new one inspired by Katara's move in The Siege of the North Part II (IIRC).

Waterbending Column of Chilly Death!

Water Spout (DC 20 – Base DC 10 + 10 for a 30 ft column)/Freeze (DC 20 as a move action) – Final DC 44
    Kuzon grinned as he watched his young opponent pick himself up off the ice, his breath heavy and his clothes singed. Kuzon’s last fire blasting barrage had come too quickly for the young Waterbender to deflect, and the fight looked to be over. Kuzon stepped forward onto the surface of the frozen lake, ready to end the duel. As soon as his feet left the land, however, he felt the ice shake and his body was suddenly thrust upwards. He tried to move or dodge, but the water that bore him upward was frozen solid. The column reached a dizzying height before rocketing straight down to the surface of the lake, and Kuzon’s breath was smashed from his lungs by the violence with which he hit the surface and his body was crushed under the weight of the ice.

This form creates a column of ice that brings the target 30 ft into the air and sends him crashing to the earth as it dissolves. The target can make a Reflex Save to avoid being caught in the column. Once the column reaches a height of 30 ft, the bender dissolves the column and the target crashes to the ground, taking 2d6 falling damage which can be reduced with a successful DC 15 Tumble check as normal. The target also takes an additional 4d6 bludgeoning damage from the chunks of ice that fall on top of her as the column collapses. Finally, the target must make an additional Reflex save or be considered Entangled and unable to move (though the target is not helpless) until she extricates herself from the pile of snow and ice (a full round action).

What do you think?

Mephibosheth
    The Scroungers Campaign Setting
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew
    A Zombiemageddon Campaign Journal!

23. - Top - End - #23

Here's a new form, inspired by Katara's move in The Day of Black Sun.

Chilling Water Lash

Water Whip (DC 10)/Water Blast (DC 5)/Heat Chill (Change Phase) (DC 20 as a Swift Action) - Final DC 39

The Fire Nation soldiers gritted their teeth as they loaded the ballista yet again, preparing to fire upon the Earthbenders and Water Tribe soldiers advancing at the base of the cliff. As they cranked the winch to draw back the ballista bolt, the door of their turret crashed open, and they jerked their heads around to see two individuals standing amid the fragments of the door. In the front they saw a young man wearing a wolf-like helmet and armed with a black sword. Behind him was a young woman, clad in blue, with whips of water covering her arms and extending past her hands. She brought these whips to bear and water surged forward to over both soldiers. As they were pushed back against the walls by the onrushing water, the heard a cracking sound and the water froze around them, holding them in place while the sword-wielding warrior cut their ballista in half with a single powerful swing.

This form creates a pair of water whips that cover the arms of the Waterbender. The bender then sends the water in these whips pouring forth over her targets, using the Change Phase seed at the last moment to encase the targets in ice. Successfully hitting the targets requires a ranged touch attack. If the targets make a successful Reflex save, they maintain the use of their upper body (including the ability to attack as normal) but cannot move out of their current location. If they fail, they are encased in ice up to their necks and cannot move or attack (though they are not considered helpless).
    Last edited by Mephibosheth; 2007-12-01 at 12:28 PM.
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #24

There's actually a DC 45 version of Water whip that does just that.

Minus the freezing and the ranged, though.

Although, reading the original Thread, I think combining Tentacle and Water whip should give you huge arms.
    Spoiler
    Show

Llince 2-1
    Akhond 1-0
    Wolatifex 0-0

Crimson Mageatar!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ex-avatar/ists:
    The Chilli God
    Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #25

Either way, the point was to demonstrate that the maneuver from The Day of Black Sun is possible using existing seeds. Were I DM, I'd allow either method of recreating the seed. But thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice that form when I was writing up the combo form.
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26

Greatsword of Death
    Water Whip/Ice Shards(melee)+4: Waterbending DC: 28

The Waterbender awoke suddenly, jolted into wakefulness by a boot to the kidney. A rogue taunted him from 10 to 15 feet above the ground, sitting in a tree. " Ha. Can't reach me now." "Oh really?" The waterbendre focused for a few seconds, crafting a frozen greatsword. "Too short!" the rogue taunted, beside himself with laughter. Suddenly the greatsword shot forward, supported on a tendril of water. The watebender hacked the tree to pieces, leaving the rogue at his mercy.

That's right. It's a sword. on the end of a whip. Treat as a spiked chain which does greatsword damage, with a reach of 10 feet. The damage increase and range increase options for water whip apply. Feel free to pick a different weapon to attach, but keep in mind the DC goes down by two if you pick a one-hander, and by four(total) if you pick a light weapon. A waterbender is proficient with all hybrid weapons he/she creates.
    Spoiler
    Show

Llince 2-1
    Akhond 1-0
    Wolatifex 0-0

Crimson Mageatar!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ex-avatar/ists:
    The Chilli God
    Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was working on a long range flame thrower form, and I think the fire kick seed needs some work to be a useful seed to take. say a 1st level firebender takes it. normally, his fireblast is a 5 dc to use in his 40 ft range. to go 30 feet beyond that range (10 feet out of shortbow range) the DC becomes 11. with the fire kick, the DC is 17(5 for fireblast, + 5 for firekick, +3 for the advantage that firekick grants, + 4 to combine them) Something is either wrong with the range rules, the combination rules, or the firekick rules, and I'm thinking it's the last one, unless I'm reading the rules wrong.

.EDIT

also, I think play with fire could afford to be a bit more defined, as evinced by all the lava dragons of doom wandering around at only 40 DC. perhaps the 5 DC could manipulate fire in such a way to imitate the produce flame and burning hands spells, and the DC would increase based on intensity, source, or size of the flame.
    Last edited by Pirate_King; 2007-12-26 at 11:40 PM.
    --------------------------
    Marten, make a wiggle check
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

Gold contributer to the Avatar Project
    Firebender avatar by Shades of Gray

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Whack-a-mole's Revenge
    Waterbending Study Feat/Tremor Sense/Catapult: DC 55

Surrounded by angry loan sharks, a ton of hired muscle, and several accomplished earth benders, The Great Mole Man dropped into a wide stance, bracing himself for the oncoming attack. But just before that moment when the mob would strike (their shifting weight gave them away), The Mole Man made an abrupt circular, twisting motion with his arms and the earth beneath his feet opened up and swallowed him whole.

Gou Hung Fat, one of the aforementioned angry loan sharks, turned approvingly towards the hired earth benders. But the congratulations he had in mind died on his lips when he saw the horrified expressions on their faces. Gou was not a very fast man, hell, his last name was Fat, but as if to deny destiny he attempted to waddle to the side when he heard the rumble beneath his feet. The short grinding noise was all the warning he had before the ground itself hurled him twenty feet into the air.The other members of the mob stared, transfixed as the man who had hired most of their group arced over the local tea shop and crashed into it's garbage filled alley.

Swimming through the earth, the Mole Man focused his remarkable Tremorsense on the remaining tough guys and soon the town square was filled with their flying bodies, flung into the air like rag dolls. One of the miscreants plummeted into a passing cart full of cabbages that exploded upon impact, leaving it's already depressed owner in a state of shock.

His purse protected, the Mole Man breached, popping out of the earth, he closed the hole behind him, and landed on solid ground. After surveying the damage and giving a hearty laugh, the Great Mole Man strolled off into the sunset.

As you can see, practical application of Earth Swimming and Tremorsense can stealthily and quickly dispose of multiple targets with the greatest of ease. Also works well with: Column, Excavate, or Earth Blast.
    Last edited by Dolphin Safe; 2007-12-27 at 01:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Thanks a lot for your input! Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_King View Post
    I was working on a long range flame thrower form, and I think the fire kick seed needs some work to be a useful seed to take. say a 1st level firebender takes it. normally, his fireblast is a 5 dc to use in his 40 ft range. to go 30 feet beyond that range (10 feet out of shortbow range) the DC becomes 11. with the fire kick, the DC is 17(5 for fireblast, + 5 for firekick, +3 for the advantage that firekick grants, + 4 to combine them) Something is either wrong with the range rules, the combination rules, or the firekick rules, and I'm thinking it's the last one, unless I'm reading the rules wrong.
    Yeah, Fire Kick, while useful, is a bit anticlimactic, and have suggested adding the ability to firebend while the bender's hands are immobilized to Fire Kick. Also, we should probably add something to the bending overview about template seeds, just to be absolutely clear on how templates work. Any suggestions about how to improve the seed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_King View Post
    also, I think play with fire could afford to be a bit more defined, as evinced by all the lava dragons of doom wandering around at only 40 DC. perhaps the 5 DC could manipulate fire in such a way to imitate the produce flame and burning hands spells, and the DC would increase based on intensity, source, or size of the flame.
    Play with Fire (as well as the corresponding abilities in the other bending classes) was created to be Prestidigitation for benders. Basically, we see benders all the time using their abilities for minor things that don't really have any combat utility, but add a lot to the world of the show. Firebenders create balls of fire in their hands to act as torches. They make already-existing fires spark and sputter or they breath smoke and small tongues of flame when they're angry. They breathe fire into their hands to warm them. They heat cups of tea and light incense. Play with Fire was created to allow benders to do these sorts of things. It was left vague intentionally so that, within the bounds of the ability, benders could use it for pretty much anything. It didn't really make sense to stat out specific forms for these minor (mostly flavorful) abilities, so we left Play with Fire vague enough to accommodate some creativity.

I agree that lava dragons of doom at DC 40 are pretty ridiculous. I think the problem with this, however, lies in the poor definition of the Lava Flows seed. We've only seen lava being bent a few times in the show, so the seed is largely extrapolation and could probably use some editing. I suggest that you (or I, whichever) make a post to this effect in the "Bending and Base Classes" thread.

I hope this answers your questions

Thanks again for the input.

Mephibosheth
    Last edited by Mephibosheth; 2007-12-27 at 01:20 PM.
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Explosive Discharge
    Lightning/Fire Burst: DC 74

With a horde of Earthbending soldiers trampling his way, the highly advanced Firebender focused on the intrinsic energies of ying and yang within himself, pulling them apart by sheer force of will. This particular Firebender took a gamble, pulling the energies apart farther than his old master had ever advised. He pulled until his will was spent and his body was nearly shaking with electrical charge. And in that fatal moment, just before the nearest Earthbender wound up for an Earth Blast, the Firebender let go and his body erupted in a terrifying explosion of pent up electrical charge as the twin opposite energies crashed back together. Myriad bolts of cobalt lightning tore through the Earthbenders' ranks, decimating the entire battalion. The Firebender sat down abruptly amid the charred, smoking corpses, completely exhausted by the tremendous energies he had played host to.

I feel like the Firebender should be Fatigued or maybe Exhausted after this form seeing as he's playing with the very forces that define the universe (according to Avatar).

Lodestone
    Cold Fire/Fire in the Stomach/Redirect Lightning: DC 99

The Firebender begins by separating the Ying and Yang just as he would when creating Lightning. However, instead of letting the two energies crash back together, the Firebender takes a deep breath as per Fire in the Stomach and holds them apart. This creates an attractive charge within the Firebender that disrupts all lightning, Firebending or natural, and other electrical charges. Throughout the duration of Fire in the Stomach, all lightning and electrical charge that passes within 10 feet of the Firebender is absorbed directly into the Firebender's body and may be redirected as per Redirect Lightning. All lightning and electrical charge that passes within 25 feet of the Firebender is pulled towards the Firebender but not into him, instead striking a random square within 10 feet of the Firebender as though it were a bolt of Cold Fire.

Lightning Trap
    Lightning/Incandescence: DC 64

Instead of releasing the Lightning's charge in a directional bolt, the Firebender transfers it to a suitable metal conduit as per Heat Metal. The next creature to come into contact with this charged object unleashes the pent up charge and suffers damage equal to that of a Coldfire created by the Firebender who made the Lightning Trap except that damage is NOT empowered as stated in Coldfire. I think this would also be a cool way to create a Lightning Grenade that could be charged then hurled at opponents with a ranged touch attack.

Fire Octopus
    Wall of Fire/Fire Whip: DC 39

Basically, the Firebender creates either the Plane or Ring forms of Wall of Fire then causes a Fire Whip to extrude from the wall, effectively gaining the ability to attack/trip creatures on the other side of the wall. The Firebender may add extra whips with the addition of +3 to the DC per whip.

So, what do you think of my Firebender Form Suite? Comments? Questions? Silly mistakes I made?

Also, I've just learned that the concussive force of some explosions can literally suck the air right out of someone's lungs. I'd really like to duplicate this as a Bending maneuver, either Airbender or Firebender, but I'm not really sure what forms to use to do it. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
    Last edited by Dolphin Safe; 2007-12-29 at 10:38 AM.