New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Auromar, IC 2

1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Auromar, IC 2

Dothen

Dothen flips the sword around and grips the hilt. He swings it around experimentally. With the other hand he reaches down into his boot an pulls out a foot long tube of leather, you can see that it is filled with something heavy, it is a professional's sap. He winks at Hist, I'll try not ta hurt ya too much. With that he rolls away and takes up an offensive stance, feet moving constantly he seems to be dancing. He lunges in quickly attacking with the flat of the short sword and the sap in tandem. He is somewhat clumsy with the shortsword trying not to hurt Hist as he swings.

Spoiler
    Show

To Hit Main 1 Short Sword (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage (1d6+3)[7]

To Hit Main 2 Short Sword (1d20)[6]
    Damage (1d6+3)[8]

To Hit Sap (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage (1d20+1)[9]

--------------
    To Hit Main 1 Short Sword (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage (1d6+3)[7]

To Hit Main 2 Short Sword (1d20)[6]
    Damage (1d6+3)[4]

To Hit Sap (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage (1d20+1)[12]

--------------
    To Hit Main 1 Short Sword (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage (1d6+3)[8]

To Hit Main 2 Short Sword (1d20)[14]
    Damage (1d6+3)[6]

To Hit Sap (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage (1d20+1)[15]

--------------
    To Hit Main 1 Short Sword (1d20+5)[6]
    Damage (1d6+3)[6]

To Hit Main 2 Short Sword (1d20)[4]
    Damage (1d6+3)[6]

To Hit Sap (1d20+9)[19]
    Damage (1d20+1)[10]

--------------
    To Hit Main 1 Short Sword (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage (1d6+3)[4]

To Hit Main 2 Short Sword (1d20)[3]
    Damage (1d6+3)[5]

To Hit Sap (1d20+9)[22]
    Damage (1d20+1)[13]

--------------
    To Hit Main 1 Short Sword (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage (1d6+3)[9]

To Hit Main 2 Short Sword (1d20)[3]
    Damage (1d6+3)[4]

To Hit Sap (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage (1d20+1)[4]

--------------
    To Hit Main 1 Short Sword (1d20+5)[14]
    Damage (1d6+3)[4]

To Hit Main 2 Short Sword (1d20)[15]
    Damage (1d6+3)[8]

To Hit Sap (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage (1d20+1)[4]

--------------
    To Hit Main 1 Short Sword (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage (1d6+3)[9]

To Hit Main 2 Short Sword (1d20)[17]
    Damage (1d6+3)[9]

To Hit Sap (1d20+9)[15]
    Damage (1d20+1)[15]

--------------
    To Hit Main 1 Short Sword (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage (1d6+3)[5]

To Hit Main 2 Short Sword (1d20)[1]
    Damage (1d6+3)[8]

To Hit Sap (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage (1d20+1)[12]

--------------
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

As duels go, it wasn't that good. Hist was generally unable to strike the all too fast Dothen; however, Dothen's sap tended to find it's mark rather more often.Between that and the sword, it wasn't long till the victor was obvious

Hist

Hist panted as his final atempt at dodging failed to save him from Dothen's sap.

No more. Please!

He stops for a moment, catching his breath. Then he looks up, smiling.

I... think I can handle that blade passably now. Thank you Dothen. I'll have to ask for a rematch one of these days.

He stands still for a moment, and then a though comes to him.

If you guys don't mind, I think I'll take a look arround from the air. I never did get to see the forest from that high up, and I can't help confess I'd like to; for the view if nothing else.

Assuming no objections, Hist winks

Be back shortly.

With that, his wings appear behind him, and the Aasimar's comparitivly slim form goes straight up.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[25] Spot check, from very high indeed. Probably above the forest canopy if Hist can fly that far. Hist just wants to take in the view, but on the off chance that anything's happening... :shrugs:
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

As the pair finish their duel, the binder remains seated, eyes vacantly staring at nothing, with a mischevious grin still present.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

4. - Top - End - #874

Dothen

Dothen dances around Hist, trying not to hurt his friend but still serious about the spar. When Hist calls it quits Dothen stands down and hands the shortsword to Hist. If ya want we can work some more later. I was thinking of making some practice swords anyway, just more reason ta make 'em now.

He watches as Hist flies up and then turns his attention to Grazys How you doing?

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Shaking with a start, Grazys' eyes flutter open and closed for a moment and he looks at Dothen as if he were a complete stranger for less than a heartbeat. "Huh? Wha-?" he stutters, then regains control of himself. Grinning at his friend, he chuckles, "Sorry, Doth. Lost in thought. What'd ya say?"

6. - Top - End - #876

Dothen

I asked how you were doing. You seemed lost in the sauce there. You okay? Dothen asks as he tends to the horses keeping an eye to his friends reaction.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Grazys groans slightly as he stands, eliciting several pops from his joints. "Fine. Fine. Just simmerin', to continue your sauce reference. The thing that really bugs me is there was no sign of the other elf," he says as he shakes his head.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Spoiler
    Show
    Trembling slightly, Reid takes the two acorns carefully from Krista, clutching each in a hand to his chest.

I...with all my heart...I...this...thank you!

Ducking his head in a hasty bow, Reid pauses to open his hands and peer at the acorns again. The faint flicker of a smile crosses his face...

And then vanishes again.

Krista, forgive me for yet another selfishness, for speaking of this first. Hist mentioned that we were attacked by a man and an elf. They killed Freeman in that attack. We have preserved him, and bring him in hopes of finding a new life for him. I'd hoped that you, with the power of this great wood flowing through you, might be able to help give a man who took the name "Forest" a new life.

His last sentence was clearly a statement, but quavered upward, the request left implicit.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-02-02 at 01:26 AM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Hist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the only tree here is Yggdrasil and then there is a clearing before you get to the rest of the forest, it's not hard to get into the air. You actually are able to spot Reid and Krista conversing about thirty feet in the treeline. Nothing else catches your eye.

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krista smiles at you. "You have magics that allow you to speak with the departed, yes? If you will ask him if he wishes to join this forest and he agrees, I will accept him into the forest's fold."

She smiles at you. "Let us return to your friends." She will open a portal on a tree again and beckon you through.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid is wrapping something small into a bandage from his pack, and tucking it under his armour.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you, Krista! An admirable solution. I suspect that Freeman would be honoured to give service to you, and to this forest, but we will learn more in the morning. We will attempt to make contact with him in the morning, then. Shall we rejoin the others?

Reid gestures towards his companions.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist flies down just before Dothen can reply

Breathtaking view, as I thought.

He turns to the newly arrived Reid and Krista, smilling brightly.

Nothing too serious, I hope?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-02-03 at 09:36 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #882

Dothen

Seeing everyone back in the vicinity Dothen says to Krista Good lady of the forest. I need ta tell ya something. There may be more folks traveling through your wood to the other side. I'd appreciate it if they did not interfere that you would not interfere with them. I have told some people I know that the way is open if they do not harm the forest. If they do cause harm, they are yours. I only ask that if they are carrying a coin like this that you save that coin for me to take back as a warning to these people. Dothen shows her the black coin.

After Krista answers, Dothen will say to the group What is the plan from here?

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

Krista looks at Dothen. "Travelers will have the same as they used to. They may move through the forest unimpeded until they attempt to attack someone. If animals ever return, they can hunt them. That is the only promise I can give you or them, Dothen."

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

The warlock blinks at Dothen's revelation, but doesn't react any further.

Milady Krista. I don't suppose you know of any place in Auromar as it was that Pygas held sacred? We... do not exactly have an excess of information right now. Unless you can direct us, we're going to more or less have to search the continent from top to bottom.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

Krista thinks for a moment at Hist's question. "The capital city used to hold one of the main chapels of Pygas." She says slowly, thinking it over. "As for other locations, Pygas was an important enough god that he had at least a minor following in most towns. I'm not sure of anywhere that might have actually been a sacred location to him."

She pauses, considering quietly. "There might be one location, that not sacred to him, might be something. If you recall, I told you that Yggdrasil felt the curse first, through his roots. Deep underground, there is a location that holds what you might consider to be the spine of this continent. Pygas likely enacted the start of the curse there."

Krista looks at Hist. "There is much power in that location. If you go, do not go looking for power. It can corrupt, and quite easily."

16. - Top - End - #886

Dothen

I'm not asking for any special treatment for them, just that if they do die here in the forest can you check them for coins like this one?

Dothen watches the interplay with Hist That sounds like fun. Sarcasm drips from his voice.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-02-03 at 10:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

"If it comes to that, I may." Krista says to Dothen, shortly.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Ab-so-lutely.

Hist sounds no more fond of the idea than Dothen. He considers for a moment.

How could this "Spine" be accessed? If it truly has such power as you describe... well, it'll be drawing our new found friends from below like moths to a flame. I don't like the idea of tampering with such a location if we can hold it till later. Has it any kind of defense against interlopers entering it?

And would you have called Eras a particularly important city?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

"The location is guarded by means of not allowing anyone to know of where it is. It must be found before it can be used. I know of where it was, but if it moved, I do not know now. I do know that mortal men found it and Pygas was lead to it that way though."

She smiles fondly and pats Yggdrasil's bark. "Before the curse struck, I could hear anywhere Yggdrasil's roots stretched to. I heard the voices of men there, and then Pygas' voice later on. Then Yggdrasil withdrew because of the curse."

"As to Eras, it was the largest port city on Auromar. It was an important city then, yes."

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Well, where was it before then? I ask only to ensure we do not find it by accident, and lead the fiends straight to the feast.

And, well, I think we'd better take a look into that cross-roads settlement. It's as good a place as any to start right now.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

"Half a mile underground, underneath the mountains that surrounded the capital city of Auros. I do not know how they managed to get that far under the mountains, for I am certain there were no natural pathways there."

22. - Top - End - #892

Dothen

Well, first things first. Lets deal with Freeman and that problem before we get too much further along. Dothen looks to the others What is the plan for Freeman at this point.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The young man seems a bit dazed by his brief convesation with Krista, but is also smiling for the first time since the attack.

Krista has suggested that we ask Freeman his own wishes in this matter. I'm not sure if Grazys...can do that right now. If not, then come morning, I can make the attempt. If he wishes, Krista can bring him back, perhaps as a servant of the forest.

I can still reach out to Anura this evening, and see if she's learned anything about the brother and sister. If Freeman doesn't wish to return with Krista's help, but does wish to return, perhaps Anura can take us to Eras tomorrow.

24. - Top - End - #894

Dothen

Dothen fidgets for a minute before saysing We camping here? Or we moving to the dryad grove? I want to download the horses and get them taken care of. And something about that big ol' tree still weirds me out a little.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

The binder nods at Reid's suggestion. "Sure thing, mate. I can ask him. Hopefully I'll have better luck with a friend than I did with the other," Grazys says, though his expression darkens a little at the mention of his previous failure.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

When Grazys uses his ability on the corpse of Freeman, the body seems to take a breath and a single word is heard. "Yessss?"

((Go ahead with questions.))

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Dothen's mention of visiting the dryads' grove causes a storm of smiling and brow-furrowing on Reid's face. He looks as though he is about to speak, but says nothing.

When "Freeman" speaks, Reid murmurs to Grazys.

I suppose we need to first establish whether he'd prefer to remain here in the forest, or return to Eras.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Grazys smiles despite himself. "My friend! Do you wish ta return ta life in this world, either as aid ta Krista in the forest or back ta us on our mission?" he asks.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

"Life." Freeman's body replies.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

The binder's smile grows to a full-sized grin. "Best thing I've heard in a while!" Grazys chuckles. "As you were or reborn to serve the forest, my friend?" he asks.