New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Auromar, IC 2

1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Auromar, IC 2

Dothen

Well What do ya need?

I think that if you just go at top speed with the ring, if Reid will give it up, and avoid trouble you will be fine.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

Actually Dothen is not successful in catching any. He actually doesn't even find tracks of any small animals in the whole nearby area.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

With a shrug, Grazys nods. "Yeah. I s'pose yer right. I need about five minutes an' I'll be ready," he says ebulliently as he rushes to a spot open enough to draw the seals.

Spoiler
    Show
    Binding Buer and Malphas. Both DCs under 25.
    Oh, boy! This is BRILLIANT!
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

In the morning, Reid is a bit, well, more radiant than usual, and a bit distracted, but also seems eager to press forward.

I would like to be with you if we travel today, Dothen. Sarai and I spoke last night. I feel like there is a good chance of a life together for us, but that life can't start until we deal with this. So...anything I can do to advance that, would be a blessing.

I would like to come back to Yggsdrasil to say hello to Freeman, in whatever his new form is. And also perhaps to ensure that there is no change at the Elven city. With the ring, both shouldn't take us more than an hour.

Oh, and I, uh. In the excitement last night, I forgot to send to Anura to ask about the siblings. And, um, I also kind of missed prayers this morning. I'd like to catch Anura up as well this morning. Anything in particular you'd like to say?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Well, if you're prepared to go on Reid; I can't see any real objection. But we'd need to lead the horses, not ride them. They're too exhausted.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Actually, I thought we could leave the horses here, if we're staying within the forest. I'm sure that the ladies will take admirable care of them. And if we'd only be leading the horses anyway, leaving them behind doesn't slow us down.

Once he is once again talking about matters of logistics and a campaign against evil, Reid's face settles into a mask of determination again - miles apart from the gawpy youth of a few minutes ago.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Grazys walks over after finishing his bindings. "Whaddya mean? I'm not gonna go traipsin' through the woods alone?" he inquires. "An' after I bound the scoutin' vestiges, too," he adds in mock disappointment.

8. - Top - End - #968

Dothen

An even better idea. We can even move back to here for sleeping if we want to. Dothe packs his traveling gear quickly then stands waiting for the others. Shall we go?

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Smiling faintly at Grazys "complaints", Reid draws out the holy symbol around his neck.

As Hist is fond of saying, with Anura not here, someone has to be the voice of caution. Speaking of which.

He withdraws briefly, closing his eyes and chanting a prayer to Pelor, asking that his words be carried to their friend Anura.

"Freeman killed in ambush. Krista returning him as guardian. Need info on Selene and brother. Oh, am promised to Sarai. Weather fine. You? Reid."

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congratulations! Selene and brother came back to town. Broke up, went seperate ways. Bad arguement. Selene denounced him in square. Brother vanished, circle appeared used.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Standing with his head tilted to one side, focusing on Anura's words in response, he grimaces and speaks to the others, men and dryads alike:

Well, Anura had good news and bad news. The good news seems to be that we weren't followed here by the brother and sister. They were seen in Eras. They had some sort of squabble in the town square, and went their separate ways. The brother apparently "vanished", suggesting that he does indeed like to bounce around a lot that way. She ended by saying "circle appeared used", which I take to mean the circle in the old temple.

His eyes flicker to, and then away from, Grazys.

Whatever that signifies...I suspect it's not good.

He looks over to Sarai, a bit embarrassed that he's left this to the end.

Oh, and, uh, she offers her congratulations.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Well, that is still vague, but it's good information, and suggests that the situation is better than it could have been. I'd give good money to be able to ask some questions, but we can make do with what we've got.

Let's go! On into the... well, the slightly less known.

Hist winks at the last words.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-02-08 at 05:08 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

13. - Top - End - #973

Dothen

Dothen turns to Kisha and says Do ye mind if we leave the animals and stuff with you ladies? After that he is ready to move.

As he waits for the others he says We need to divvy up the remains of Freeman's gear before we move on. Some of what he carried may be useful in the coming days.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Troll in the Playground

Kisha nods. "It is fine. They are pretty beasts, and we can care for them for a while."

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid smiles at Kisha, who, he supposed, would becomes something like a sister-in-law to him. Truly, he had a very great deal to learn about the etiquette and family relations of this people.

Right, then. Back to Krista and Freeman.

Stepping up to the nearest tree that WASN'T one of the sisters' trees, Reid reached out with the power of the ring to open a portal, then stepped back to let the others pass.

16. - Top - End - #976

Dothen

Dothen leads the way through the portal. Being careful for any surprises. Even if they are going to the big tree he was still cautious aboit that mage they left and any other possible dangers.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist follows through the portal, relaxed, but using his staff as a traveler's stick.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

Stepping through the portal, you all reappear at Yggdrasil. It is quiet for a few minutes, before you all hear a soft thumping, coming your way. Breaking free of the forest is a very tall creature, quite similar to the one you fought here before, the treant. The thumping gets louder as it walks towards you all. It will stop about thirty feet away from you all and wave.

19. - Top - End - #979

Dothen

Dothen waves back at the thing Freeman? Izzat you?

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

The treant comes closer at Dothen's yell. "Yes, it's me. Lady Krista gave me the job of protecting Yggdrasil."

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Heh. Good to see you, friend. Sorry about... what happened.

Hist is a bit nervous, but seems passably relaxed as he rests on his staff.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't blame any of you for what happened. So long as you did end up repaying them for my death."

23. - Top - End - #983

Dothen

Dothen says Aye, we got the knife thrower. The summoner got away but we'll track him down and finish this business. That I promise you.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The priest steps forward to Freeman, and hugs him, rather awkwardly, around the trunk.

It's...this is beautiful for you, and I'm sure that you'll be very happy with Krista.

He steps back, so as to be able to look the giant tree-man in something approximating the eye.

I suppose that, in a larger and spiritual context, we may become, ah, related, Freeman. Or, at least, neighbours. I have told Sarai that, if I am still alive when all of this trouble is over, I will ask for her hand in marriage.

He smiles.

I'm...proud of your willingness to return to service in this way. No one had more deserved rest.

A new thought crosses his mind.

Oh, and are there relatives, or friends back home that we should be trying to alert? Anyone that you would like to receive any of your treasured equipment?

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

Freeman seems to reach inside him, and then pulls out a small metallic item. "This and my sword need to be given back to the priests of the Godforged in Pyros. The rest of my belongings you may do with as you need to. Tell the priests that I have taken the final true step in the reforging process."

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Taking the sword and small item, Reid glances back at his companions, and then turns back to Freeman.

I will be proud to tell them of your loyalty, your courage and your devotion, Freeman.

He slips his pack off and slides the sword all the way in, setting the metal object after it. He slings the pack back up over a shoulder.

Well, I think we're off to the elven city next, to see if anything's changed there, but we'll see you again soon, I hope. I'd like to hear more about how you feel in this new form - and perhaps what you experienced in the...in the time between these lives.

Turning to his three companions, he nods again. Barring further conversation, he walks back to Yggsdrasil and thinks of a tree by the library in the elven city. And reaches out to request passage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does Reid have any idea what the small metallic object is? I'll assume that we can pick up the rest of his gear on the way back, if desired.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's an Essence of the Guard warforged component.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

The binder, raven perched on his shoulder, grins up at Freeman. "Good on ya, mate!" he says. "We'll hafta chat once we get a little more time, hm?" he says with an exaggerated wink. "As Dothen, said, don't worry 'bout the elf wizard. We'll deal with him soon 'nuff," Grazys's grin fades as he turns and hurriedly enters the portal Reid opened for the group.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist, with a final smile at the rejuvenated Freeman, passes through the portal.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

30. - Top - End - #990

Dothen

Dothen snaps off a salute and follows his friend through the portal to the elven city. Once there he asks Why do we care about this place again?