New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1509

Thread: Auromar, IC 2

1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Auromar, IC 2

Dothen

Dothen tumbles away and around to the other side of the huge fly. He hops on and wails at Reid GOooo!

Spoiler
    Show

Tumble (1d20+15)[16]

AC still 28
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

After a moment's hesitation at the hound's action, Grazys continues drawing the seal of Acererak. When finished, he calls out to the vestige. "Acererak! The Devourer! I need to anull our pact!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll amend if the hound interrupts...
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Once Dothen was safely mounted behind him on the massive fly, Reid allowed one of his most powerful prayers to spill from his lips, and send healing, calming energy into the panicked soldier. He tries to make his voice as low and soothing as possible.

Listen carefully, Dothen. These are Yeth hounds, which Grazys said are especially vulnerable to silver. You're inside a magic circle right now, and these creatures can't attack you, but if you strike at them, that protection may disappear. The fact that a magic circle is keeping them out suggests that they were summoned to attack us. I'm worried it's the elf. I have a prayer against invisibility active, and am going to try circling the camp to see if I can spot who might have brought these into being. But we may need you and Hist if we need to actually kill them. Meantime, watch the ground!

Reid turns the fly around and, maneuvering around to give the pursuing Yeth Hound a wide berth, flies towards the direction the hounds came from in the first place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to cast Panacea on Dothen. I believe it cures "frightened", and also a few hit points. I don't have the spell compendium with me at the moment.
    Ebony Fly, double move in the direction the hounds charged from. If the fly is staying about 10' up, Reid's invisibility purge should have a swath about 95' wide at ground level.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It actually cures all the way through panicked, so he's good to go after you cast it on him.

The hound takes a swipe at Dothen as he moves to Reid's flying mount.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AoO: (1d20+17)[18]
    CC: (1d20+17)[29]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[20]

Trip: (1d20+15)[26]

If it makes the trip attempt, you'll end up prone, but splayed out on the fly.

The hound loses it's footing and falls prone.

Dothen shivers in fear as Reid flies the two of them away, but calms completely at Reid's magics.

As Reid flies around the camp, nothing new appears to anyone's eyes. The hounds continue to attempt to chase Dothen and Reid, but are both too slow and still would not be able to keep up.

Near Grazys, the apparation of Acererak appears. "You wish to end our binding, mortal? Take heed, do so only at your own risk."

The hound there jerks back and takes a bite at the apparation, but nothing happens to it.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-02-20 at 01:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Smiling, sapphire gem glittering in place of his front tooth, the binder chuckles. "Everythin' is at my own risk. It's one of the joys of bein' mortal," he says to the vestige. "Problem is, I got issues to deal with right now, an' you don't offer a solution. Sorry, but I'll see ya again soon 'nuff, I'm sure!"

Spoiler
    Show
    This all might work out pretty well after all, I think. Reid and Dothen're on their way back, we're just down a blaster now, really.

@Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was waitin' on me to do the other, wasn't it? Lucky me!
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Dothen

Dothen calms catching his breathe and giving Reid a hug, well... a quick manly hug, as he holds onto the priest saying Wow, them things sure did a number on me down there. Thank you much fer catching me up and clearing me head. That one was gonna have me fer a midnight snack soonish.

Dothen slips his silver dagger out of the sheathe at his back and whispers to Reid. Swoop in low over the one harassing Grazys. I think I'll be able to get the jump on it.

Spoiler
    Show

**Initiative (1d20+5)[8]
    AC 23 - 24 for this hound, 28 for AoO's
    HP 44/49 - I don't remember when I got hurt and Reid spell should have cured that 5 but oh well.

Readying an action to Jump from the fly into a flanking position with the Yeth Hound messing with Grazys, and stab it a lot.

**Jump (1d20+10)[11]
    Tumble - to make sure I land upright, unhurt, and un-provoke any AoO's (1d20+15)[29]

**To Hit w/ Silver Dagger (1d20+10)[15]
    CC (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage (1d4+3)[5]
    Sneak Attack (4d6)[14]

**EDIT: Booo! Lochar slipped me his dice!
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-02-20 at 02:24 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid is relieved to have the crusty, fearless Dothen back with him, even if he was now once again proposing something suicidally dangerous.

You sure you want me to? Once I drop you, you'll be vulnerable to their attacks again.

Reid had now had some experience with his own ability to dissuade Dothen from his plans, so didn't waste too much time or energy on it. Having completed a rough circuit around the camp, and now at least reasonably sure that there was nothing invisible lurking nearby, Reid did what he could to try to draw attention away from his colleagues.

He murmured one of his favourite prayers, since it reminded him so much of Pelor as he was sometimes depicted. In a moment, the young priest's face - and then his whole body - was lit with a silvery glow that stretched out, illuminating the ground below.

Drifting up a bit further to give Dothen's leap more punch, the fly zips over the hound still on the ground, and circles up a bit further.

Good luck!

Spoiler
    Show
    Reid is casting Light of Lunia and continuing to focus on watching for any sign of suddenly-visible folk below.

Fly is completing a circuit at a distance of about 60-80 feet from the camp, rising up to a height of about 20', and slowing to allow Dothen to jump off easily.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Panting, Hist ran and ran and ran. He worked up quite a sweat as he stumbled through the undergrowth, and managed to make it quite a way before some part of his mind exerted rationality

It's not real. It's magic. Go back there and kill those things, you idiot!

With some force of will, the warlock managed to control himself enough to bring his legs to a stop. But still, he could not bring himself to return to the fight. Insted, he remained where he stood, rooted to the spot, trying to regain control of himself, and failing to the encompassing fear the howl of these things generated, but managing to remain where he was for now.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-02-20 at 04:30 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

Dothen jumps from the fly as Reid flies near Grazys, his blade swinging wide as he comes down.

Reid flies away, circling the campsite as he casts a spell, shedding light over it. He still does not see anything.

Acererak scowls at Grazys, but vanishes. I will remember this, mortal." his words fade last.

The hound that Dothen attacked spins around, biting back at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+17)[36]
    CC: (1d20+17)[19]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[10]

Trip: (1d20+15)[26]

--Edit
    Aww, too bad they only threaten a crit on 20's. :P

The other two hounds, seeing the first one actually manage to finally make contact with someone, start to fly towards Dothen as well, but they won't make it this round.

Hist, finally far out of sight of the hounds, finally manages to stop, but cannot force his body to move back.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Code:
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░t░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░t░G░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░D░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-02-20 at 03:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid gestures with his left hand, and a bolt of silver light shoots down towards the hound between Dothen and Grazys.

Now glowing a little less brightly, Reid guides the fly to ground behind Dothen. He hoped that reinstating his magical barrier between the warrior and the hound would give the man the time he needed to get focused.

Spoiler
    Show
    And Reid finally takes the offensive, if in a fairly crappy way. Bolt from Light of Lunia:
    (1d20+12)[23] Attack
    (1d20+12)[18] Crit confirmation
    (1d8)[6] Damage if the creature is NOT an evil outsider or undead
    (2d6)[3] Damage if it is.

The fly's target location, BTW, is SW of Dothen's current location on the map.

11. - Top - End - #1091

Dothen

Dothen attempts to tumble away on the ground from the creature that just knocked him so easily to the ground. After that he attempts to stand.

Spoiler
    Show

Double move! 1 to roll 15' away, 1 to stand up
    AC 28/32 for this one, 27 for any others
    HP 39/49

Full Defensive!

Tumble (1d20+15)[31]
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-02-20 at 11:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

As Dothen tumbles away from the hound, Reid sends pure light at the hound, causing it to yelp in pain as the light hits it.

The hound turns, ignoring the pact making Grazys and the now standing a bit away Dothen, and hurls itself at Reid, bypassing the protection that the magic circle once afforded Reid, as it swipes at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on Reid.
    (1d20+17)[25]
    CC: (1d20+17)[34]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[13]
    Trip: (1d20+15)[30]
    Reason Reid is being attacked:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Circle against Evil
    The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature.
    You missed your K: Arcana check by 1 to recall this factoid, sorry. I'd set it at 15+ spell level, or 18.

The other two hounds swoop in, and will be able to attack those without protection next round.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Code:
    ░░░░░t░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░t░G░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░HH░░░D░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░R░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

13. - Top - End - #1093

Dothen

Dothen draws his cleaver in his left hand, still holding the dagger in his right. He tumbles back into a flanking position with Reid this time. Attacking again with the dagger. Fooking Bad Doggy! No Holy biscuits for you!

Spoiler
    Show

AC 29/33(AoO) for this one, 28 for any others
    HP 39/49
    Dodge on the one I am attacking
    +5 AC -5 Attack for Combat Expertise

To hit w/ dagger (1d20+5)[9](14)
    CC (1d20+5)[4](9)
    damage (1d4+3)[7]
    Sneak Attack (4d6)[13] From flanking!

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid's sense of hope fades as the fiend-dog takes hold of him and yanks him down. Instinctively he tries to rise again.

Spoiler
    Show
    According to rolls in the OOC thread, I think that I was unsuccessful in resisting the initial trip - unless a natural 20 helps in that instance. I then tried to tumble (ah, clerics ) to avoid an attack of opportunity, and was unsuccessful.

If he's prone, his AC is currently 11, I think, so two scenarios: In the event that the hound either doesn't take the AoO, or doesn't pull him down, he'll take a two-handed swing with his mace, power attacking for 6:
    (1d20+9)[12] Attack
    (1d20+9)[18] Crit confirmation
    (1d8+16)[19] Damage

If he is pulled prone again, he will take another move action to stand again. And Tol will REALLY hope that Yeth hounds don't have combat reflexes.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

The hound doesn't even notice Dothen's attempt at a swing at him, while it attempts to attack Reid again as he gets up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack:(1d20+17)[37]
    CC:(1d20+17)[32]
    Damage:(2d6+8)[13]
    Trip:(1d20+15)[33]

Also, you can use a str or dex check against a trip check. Your choice there.

Reid's attack didn't hit either way.

Remember, you have a +2 deflection bonus to your AC from the circle still, Reid.

Hist finds his mind has finally cleared of it's fear, and he is able to start flying back towards the battlefield.

The other two hounds, seeing their mate fighting the priest, swoop in, only to find that they are still blocked in the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    You attacked a specific summoned creature, I'm ruling that specific summoned creature can now bypass the magic circle against evil. Others, not so much.

If you guys need a map, tell me and I'll make one.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Dothen

Dothen sees his friend Reid get dropped, he takes advantage and strikes out furiously at the hound.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 31 with +2 from Reid (I think I'm in the circle) +5 from Combat Expertise

Attack 1 (silver Dagger) To Hit (1d20+5)[14]
    CC (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage (1d4+3)[7]
    Sneak Attack (4d6)[14]

Attack 2 (silver Dagger) To Hit (1d20+0)[5]
    CC (1d20+0)[1]
    Damage (1d4+3)[5]
    Sneak Attack (4d6)[12]

Attack 3 (Cleaver) To Hit (1d20+5)[23]
    CC (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage (1d6+2)[4]
    Sneak Attack (4d6)[9]

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist blinks as he finally manages to overcome the effect. He isn't still at this point though, he immediately all but falls over, as he breaks through the barrier of fear. Cursing, he starts sprinting back towards the now distant campsite.

Spoiler
    Show
    500 ft total

120 ft traveled

380 ft to go
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-02-23 at 03:02 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The beast's mauling takes its toll on Reid, but he struggles back to his feet a second time.

Planting his feet with determination, Reid swings wildly at the hound that torments them. He risks a glance to the sky, hoping that Hist is doing all right.

Spoiler
    Show
    MW, at least there's a glowing beacon showing Hist the way home.

Lochar, no point in me trying to beat the trip attempt. He just spent the round getting up again.

Full attack action, swinging twice two-handed with the mace, five points of power attack.

(1d20+10)[26] Attack 1
    (1d20+10)[20] Attack 1 crit confirm
    (1d8+16)[20] Damage

(1d20+5)[25] Attack 2
    (1d20+5)[22] Attack 2 crit confirm
    (1d8+16)[20] Damage

AC 15 (includes reflex bonus), HP 46/85

Edit: Took a crit last round, gives one this round. Maybe there's something to this 'karma' stuff.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-02-23 at 09:30 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

Dothen's attacks with the silver dagger slide of the hound's hide, but the cleaver manages to break through, even drawing a bit of blood.

Reid, finally standing, swings his mace heavily at the hound, hitting solidly the first time, and the second blow all but trying to smash in it's skull. The hound stumbles for a moment, but does not fall.

Hist continues to fly towards the camp, intent on getting back in time to keep everyone alive.

The two hounds outside the magic circle continue to pace, while the one inside again attempts to tear a piece out of Reid.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+17)[24]
    CC: (1d20+17)[34]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[16]
    Trip: (1d20+15)[27]

You know, I think I gave this creatures power attack. Glad I'm not adding it. :P

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Again the creature's twisting attack manages to drag Reid from his feet, and he opts for the simple expedient of staying on the ground. He swings twice more at the creature, not able to put his full strength into it as much from his current position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking from prone, working in the -4 to attack. Going with three points of power attack.

(1d20+8)[28] Attack 1
    (1d20+8)[13] Crit confirm
    (1d8+12)[16] Damage

(1d20+3)[7] Attack 2
    (1d20+3)[22] Crit confirm
    (1d8+12)[19] Damage

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Feet pounding against the ground, Hist looks straight forward, towards the site of battle; as he continues at his unrelenting pace

Spoiler
    Show
    500 ft total

240 ft traveled

260 ft to go
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-02-23 at 11:50 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

22. - Top - End - #1102

Dothen

Seeing the mauling Reid is taking decides to take things up a notch.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 26 for this one, 25 for others +1 for dodge, +2 for MCvE

To Hit (silver) (1d20+8)[18](26) - forgot 2wep penalty last round
    CC (1d20+8)[4](12)
    Damage (1d4+3)[7]
    Sneak Attack (4d6)[16]

#2 To Hit (silver) (1d20+3)[17](20) - forgot 2wep penalty last round
    CC (1d20+3)[3](6)
    Damage (1d4+3)[6]
    Sneak Attack (4d6)[15]

Cleaver To Hit (silver) (1d20+9)[10](19) - forgot 2wep penalty last round
    CC (1d20+9)[9](18)
    Damage (1d6+2)[4]
    Sneak Attack (4d6)[13]

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

((I don't think your cleaver is silver as well, is it?))

Between Dothen and Reid's hard blows, the hound's body falls. As it falls, the body actually seems to slightly explode in a gorey shower of blood that vanishes.

Hist continues to run flat out towards the group.

The other two hounds circle Reid and Dothen, keeping five feet from the circle.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Panting, Reid looks over at Dothen and Grazys.

You two all right? That last chomp was a bit of a doozy. Let me just close these wounds, and I'll be able to focus better.

A quick prayer, and a brief flare of golden light, and the worst of the gouges from the hound's bites knit over. Seeing Grazys focused elsewhere, he turns to Dothen.

I have only a brief time more in which my strength will be enough to pierce their hides. However, if we're able to gather Hist into the protection of this circle, we may be able to simply wait out the spell that summoned these creatures.

Hmm. Hist. Should we go find him?

Reid clambers back onto the obedient fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Changing Create Food and Water for Cure Serious Wounds. (3d8+10)[21] hit points restored.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist doesn't let up as the camp comes into sight. He keeps pounding the ground, no matter what, his mind only focusing at his anger at the things that managed to manipulate him so easily.

Spoiler
    Show
    500 ft total

360 ft traveled

140 ft still to go.

Next round I'll be there.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

26. - Top - End - #1106

Dothen

Dothen stops panting for a moment and looks at Reid healing himself. He'll be fine for now, if he comes running we need to get him insde the circle. Dothen then touches his belt and channels healing energy from it into himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Heling belt 1 charge (2d8)[10]

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Or we could go to Hist, who could be in trouble out there. Grazys is protected on his own for now. They shouldn't be able to touch him.

He murmurs a quick prayer, and sends another trickle of healing energy coursing through himself. He shifts the fly closer to Dothen (unless doing so pushes into the range of the other two hounds), and extends a hand to help him on again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to convert to Cure Light wounds (1d8+5)[7]

If Dothen climbs on, he will ask the fly to zip up to 10' once there's a gap from the circling hounds, and head in the direction that Hist ran away.

28. - Top - End - #1108

Dothen

Dothen looks at Reid and says Wait till we can see him. I will distract them while you collect him. He'll be fine. When we can see him then go. Dothen looks around for his warlock friend.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot (1d20+10)[19]

Ready an action to cast Darkness on a copper piece and toss it out between the hounds. As well as tumbling and hiding.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground

As Reid heals himself and the two of you converse, the hounds seperate and get on opposite sides of you.

Hist continues to run towards the group.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist doesn't slow off as the campsite comes into view, thoughts of anger and vengance overwhelming his mind. Inspite of hsi exhaustion, a smile appeared across his face

Let's hunt.

Spoiler
    Show
    20ft out from the camp edge now
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-02-27 at 10:40 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden