Thread: Auromar, IC 2

1. - Top - End - #1501
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Auromar, IC 2

Reid

Spoiler
    Show
    Reid found this challenge easier, for he heard such fearmongering before. His response came strong and quickly in answer to the insinuating voice.

"And Lord Horza, Dawn-Father, spoke, saying "Consider Phlebas. A child of a demon and an orc, raised to be a scion of dark forces. Yet, in the crucible of life, when he had an opportunity to act, he chose a path of courage, selflessness and sacrifice." One may draw from darkness and reach unto the light.

I judge Histantos by his actions, and by his actions he is a loyal friend, and a soul seeking to do the right thing, even at great personal danger. Knowing he risks his body and soul, he stands outside this place of testing, that none may enter and disturb this sacred moment.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-03-31 at 09:58 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The voice does not answer, but the darkness seems to press in even heavier, closing off all means of escape, all means of prayer. More minutes pass, as the darkness seems almost physical in it's deepness. Time is beginning to lose it's meaning, dawn seems so far away.

If it were to be revealed to you, right now, this moment, the source of your frustrations, the source of the curse upon this whole land, not just this single city, would you strike it down without question? If you had the opportunity to end the curse now, with the power behind it not given to those who seek it, would you destroy it without hesitance?

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Spoiler
    Show
    Here, Reid falters, and the darkness seems to clutch at him, draw him downwards.

I...I...

A month ago, I might have said yes. In the arrogance of pride in my power, I smashed a symbol of Pygas, the way a child might strike out at the picture of a monster. It was short-sighted. It was vainglorious. And it helped not a single person. There are wheels and levers at play in this land, the scope of which I am barely beginning to see. Simply wiping away a part of the situation, without regard to what happens to the rest...[/colour]

He pauses. To admit that he would not act outright against evil...he couldn't find a single chapter or verse to support such a statement. Surely, this would cost him the test, and perhaps Rico's soul. But if this was a time of testing, better that he be judged for who he was, and not what he pretended to be.

[colour="purple]No. I would not strike out without questioning at the source of the curse lingering on this land. I would seek to explore it, to learn about it, and to ease the burden of those who live under it. But until I better understood it, I could not feel right to simply destroy it.

His words seemed muffled and powerless in the darkness, and there was no conviction in his words this time, only the dispair of one whose faith was tinged with hesitation.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The darkness envelopes you completely, utterly. There is nothing but the darkness. Do you even exist? You cannot feel your clothing, you cannot feel your skin. Your clasped hands are only clasped because that is the last thing you remember them feeling like.

You are the darkness, it has pervaded you, sunk into you. It has become you, you have become the darkness.

And then...

Light. A single pinpoint of light, buried deep in your soul. It screams out for you to grab it, use it.

You can only recall one word. "Dawn"

Were you supposed to end the dawn? Were you supposed to bring forth the dawn?

The last light is at your mercy. Call it, summon it, allow it to guide you where it wills you to go.

Or banish it. And the power of dark will be yours to command. Forever, your life unending, power to change the world as you see fit.

The light flickers, awaiting it's destiny.

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Spoiler
    Show
    The darkness is total, and it requires a complete force of will for Reid to even believe that the light is there, and not some cruel trick of his mind.

Reid reaches out to the light, and reaches into the last vestiges of his own strength to nurture it. Whatever warmth, whatever hope, whatever strength he finds in himself, he pushes out towards the light, that it may be shared and strengthen all. This is his final choice. Even if he himself remains in the darkness, he hopes that Rico, and the others, will bask in the strengthened light of the dawn.

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Bugbear in the Playground

(ooc- tried to post this earlier and it wouldn't for some reason.)

Dothen

Dothen's words carry to Grazys through the darkness. Sure is disturbing this darkness. I bet its a part of this thingum Reid is doing. I sure hope so. Jus' stay where ya are so ya don't go tripping over someone ans waking them in a bad time ya know?
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Still outside

Spoiler
    Show
    The spirit of Hist feels restless; he can hear nothing from the temple, no chanting, no recitation, not even movement. Nothing.

This can't all be chanting and a reading of the "Rites of the Dawn".

The warlock can't help but feel irritated at his powerlessness, at his inability to do anything to help his friend.

Come on Reid. Whatever the hells this ritual is, you can't fail it. You won't.

His eyes waver for a moment, trying to look back into the temple without turning away from the town, and his duty.

You won't. I know that. Unlike me, you're actually moral. You hold to a stricter code than I ever did.

A flawed code....

Shut up! You'll beat this, Reid. I'm sure of it. You will.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-01 at 07:27 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

"Don't worry, mate! I'm not ready ta stub my toe or get cut with that cleaver o' yers. I'll stay over here. 'Course I don't know what good I can do from here, given I can barely see my own hands," a soft chuckle comes from Grazys' position.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show

The light, which before only flickered, seems to draw power from your offering. The light flares, growing stronger, brighter, bigger. As it grows, it pushes back the darkness.

The light slowly expands and passes through you, from soul to the world. Looking at yourself, you see no shadow covering your body, yet you see no body either. The light is all encompassing, and your body was lost to shadow earlier. Without shadow, you spirit's body no longer exists.

The light continues to grow, and all around you is light. The rising sun comes through a window, striking the symbol of Pelor in front of you, only to become shadowed itself compared to the light shining from where your spirit once stood.

A final flash of light overwhelms everything, and the last vestige of self, your mind itself, vanishes from the mortal plane.

All:

As dawn breaks, all shadows in the temple vanish. There is a growing light emanating from a point in space, getting brighter and brighter, growing in size and intensity. The sun peaks over the horizon and a beam of light enters the temple, striking the symbol of Pelor, but quickly becomes lost in the light that has no origin.

After several moments where the light continues to gather strength, there is a flash of light so bright it blinds you for a moment, even if you do not look at it directly.

When your vision finally clears, the light is gone, with the exception of a slight glow that seems to emanate from Reid's still body.

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show

Your mind clears, and you find yourself in a grassy plain. The sun overhead shines brightly.

Before you even have a chance to really gain your bearings, a voice rings out. "Grandfather!"

Looking to the source of the voice, you see a boy of about fourteen running from near you to a tree, where an older man leans against it. The voice you recognize as Rico's from when he was mentally in your mind.

The boy, Rico, reaches the older man and throws his arms around him, hugging him. The man hugs back, holding onto the boy, murmuring something. After a moment, he looks up and sees you and waves you over to them.

Grazys:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the passing of dawn, all the senses of spirits in the area vanish, and the misty feeling of the curse returns. It does seem to be slightly lighter though, if only barely.

All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please start using IC3 now.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-04-01 at 08:22 AM.