New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Frozen Crystal

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Frozen Crystal

The adventurer arrive in a small city. Anybody go outside today, because a little blizzard play outside, just stupid adventurer want to play with that weather. They arrive in a little inn and they some people who drink beer and icicle drink, speciality of this country. The snow dance around the window. The adventurer will wait to their rendez-vous who want to see them from their help.
    Last edited by Klern; 2007-12-20 at 11:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Frozen Crystal

Xandar

I'm late. Late, late, late.

The idea of being late would've been a troubling one to most, but as Xandar danced in the blizzard, it was naught be a nagging feeling. Late? What was it compared to the beautiful, captivating snow blowing around him, moving left and right and left and right and left and right? For each bouncing step Xandar took toward the tavern, he'd stop for a few seconds, watching the snow dance around and melt at his feet. Sooner or later, he'd reach the tavern.

Hopefully later... Just as the thought crossed his mind, Xandar felt the door at his back, and heaved a heavy sigh. Sooner, apparently. He turned around, a regretful expression etched on his face as he pushed the door open.

There was no doubt his appearance had gathered the stares and attention of the few men courageous - or stupid - enough to go out in this storm. For one who'd just ventured out in a deathly weather, Xandar was surprisingly sparingly clad - the minimum to survive. His tan skin had barely whitened under the cold's assault, contrasting heavily with the snow clutching at his clothes. His ear-lenght hair was a fiery red, and seemed to absorb the tavern's fire's light somewhat. But perhaps more strange of all was the huge grin glued on his face. People coming back from such a blizzard were normally not so happy-looking.

Xandar had never been 'people', though, and he wasn't about to start. And so he looked around the tavern, searching for his rendez-vous, and called out loudly. "Someone needed help?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mwahaha, Xandar in all his beauty! That's a bit long, huh? By the way, 'personne = nobody'. Your current sentence means everyone can go out.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2007-11-26 at 11:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

The door opens again after Xandar and a little blue man, around 3 feet high, enters. His long sky blue hair is covered in snow and his golden eyes shine with the purety of all winter and happinest. His ice blue armor reflects the fire's light and his fur cap dances in the wind. His brown boots were adapted for his height. After chasing all snow on his cloack, he looks around and smiles.

He walk to the fire genasis and say, with a peaceful voice. "Your probably Xandar. I'm Frosty, nice to meet you. I think we have to talk." He presentes his hand, cover in snow, to him, with his friendly smile.
    Last edited by Klern; 2007-11-27 at 02:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Xandar

Unsure what to do when presented an extended hand, Xandar falls back to his natural reaction - he extends a hand to grab the snow. "How come it isn't melting? When I touch snow it just goes away..." There's a deep sadness in Xandar's voice, and he decides he should show the strange little man what exactly happens. He grabs the tiny hand, and at the contact of his warm skin, the snow on it melts.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

''What did you say?''Ask the little blue man. He look the snow and answer''Oh this! My body his more cold than other creature, so the snow resist more than other body. My body his like ice, so a like cold temperature, not you?'' He smile again to the mage and created a little cold ray for repared the snow who melting on the bottom of the door.
    Last edited by Klern; 2007-11-27 at 08:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Xandar

Xandar smiles longingly as the small creature produces a ray of ice. "I'm not... I'm..." He lowers his voice, as if he was about to admit the most heinous crime ever. "I'm warm."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Borak arrived recover of snow. he has a sad look on his face and seem to be pissed off by something when you see it arrive you can see his lips moving put you can hear what is saying and each meter he move forward you can hear more precisely what is sayingI HATE SNOW, I hate the eternal winter he arrive in the inn Hello I'm Borak I'm Neanderthal . he sit next to XandarOh by Thrym you are really hot.

Spoiler
    Show
    The double sense is there just for fun, Oh and yes my Barbarian can make long phrase and correct because he has a +1 on Int

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Frosty turn his head to the neandertal and said. ''Oh! Hi Borak! It's not a nice day today with this beautiful snow?'' He smile again and the little uldras takes a chair and sits on the last place around the circle table.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hahaha! I going to make some joke with snow on your barbarian. BTW, Calijames I like you write the name of your character please, because I'm sure I going to lost your name in a hole of my memory.

9. - Top - End - #9

Xandar

"Yes, yes, beautiful day." Xandar repeats, looking back at the window. He could still see the blizzard outside. "Why are we talking inside? We could go out!"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

''I agree with you Xandar, but I think it best to talk inside. I'm sure outside it more difficult to understand one another.'' He look Xandar and laugh. ''I'm sure you going to love this country.'' He smack the mage's arm and laugh again.

11. - Top - End - #11

Xandar

"Going to? I already am! It's so wonderful and intriguing and fun. So much more real than what I can do. And it's everywhere!" Xandar grins and lets out a happy sigh. "You said you needed help! What can I do? Is it outside? Anything cold? Entertaining?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

BORAK

*please not in the cold not in the cold*

talking to Xandar
    How can you be so warm, everybody is so cold here, how can you be you are so incredible
    Last edited by calijames; 2007-11-28 at 06:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Xandar

A weird, confused frown reaches Xandar's face as Borak starts questionning him, and he moves his chair slightly back, trying to keep out of the large man's reach. "I'm not... wonderful. I make snow melt." he replies, irritated. "I've always been warm. It's like that. I destroy beautiful things with my warmth."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BORAK

No your warm is wonderful, you are a wonderful person, you can melt snow with your warm,I was born in a land of eternal winter and snow, I hate it, i love the fire, I love everything that is warm.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Frosty laugh again and say ''Right Xandar! So I demand you to come because our little village was be attack by some monsters. But normally... we live in peace, but now... He eyes tears a little, but his hand cross on him. I'm sorry... What I'm saying? He's scratch his head and look around.

16. - Top - End - #16

"Go south. There's plenty of deserts and endless sand and burning sun there." Xandar replies to Borak, his distaste for the place obvious. He turns to Frosty, and smiles "You were saying you were attacked."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Borak

I will go thank you, but first I have to fulfill my mission. turning to Frosty So what do we have to do?

18. - Top - End - #18

Xandar

"No! You can't go! It's dangerous down there! Endless ocean of burning sand. No water, no shadow! It's hot, hot, hot, and you humans just die from it all the time! That's without mentionning the giant scorpions, desert drakes or poisonous snakes." Each of Xandar's word is filled with disdain, and his voice turns wishful as he moves on. "Nothing like the soft, flurry snow."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

BORAK

First I'm not human,
    second the place you describe seems delightful
    Third try to spend 3 hours in a Snow storm and not being pissed off by the snow

20. - Top - End - #20

Xandar

"With pleasure!" Xandar stands up, thoughts of Frosty's problems completely gone from his mind, and he walks towards the door.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

BORAK
    HEH hoty, we have a mission to do here, we finished the mission and then I'll bury you in the snow, and you show me the way to those desert you talking ok?

22. - Top - End - #22

Xandar

"Show you the way? But... but..." Xandar sighs, and walks back to the table. "I don't want to go back."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Frosty laughs. "I agree with Xandar, the snow is the best place where we live and three hours outside is funny! He turns his face to serious and continues to talk. By the way, I want you to come because I want to kill some dangerous monster and take the Frozen Crystal, a ice blue sphere with a cold aura which protects people from evil creatures." He moves his hand quickly to form a sort of invisible ball. "So, are you accepting to help me and find that fantastic frost object?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Borak

Of course that's why we are here

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

''Your sure? We walk outside you know? He said and laughed inside him.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Borak
    Let's finished this quickly

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

He hit the table and smile. ''That what I want to heard! So, your ready? We go now.'' He stay up of his chair and go across the door. ''Let's go outside and play with the snow and the wind.'' He laugh and open the door. He look his two companion and smile.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Borak

Ok so let's go

Spoiler
    Show
    here is my character sheets:Borak the blacksmith

29. - Top - End - #29

Xandar

"Great! It's getting stuffy and hot in here. They should turn the fire down a bit..." As he grabs his little sack, Xandar turns to the tavern's fire. He stares at it for a moment before shaking his head. "I guess that's how they like it... Let's just go!" He follows Frosty through the door, his sad smile turning into a grin as he goes back into the snowstorm.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

When they go outside, the snowstorm was more calm than before. Frosty jumps outside and creates a snowball with the snow and throw it on Xandar. '' Do you like snowball fight?'' He small and laugh. ''hihi! So, we have to go to the north for find the tower where the crystal sleep.'' He turn his self and start to go to the north.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok I knoe it was a cliche, but he always funny.
    Last edited by Klern; 2007-11-30 at 09:20 AM.
    The life is eternal if you remenber your friends inside your heart. (It's really cliché, right?)

DMming: Frozen Crystal, Wind Crystal, Blazing Crystal, Save a pinky princess