New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Commodore's Caravan

Bazral Strakeln

Baz finishes off his tankard with a big gasp. "Aaaah! Ye minister ta tha crew, an' Ah'll minister ta mah brew! HAHA!" the dwarf begins to laugh uproariously.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maeleg started at Bazral's unexpected laughter, then joined in weakly. Turning back to Vos, he replied hesitantly, "Not yet, actually. I'm not the most... social... elf." Gesturing to some of the rigging, he continued: "I suppose it could be useful to get one of the crew to show me some of these interesting knots they use."

Spoiler
    Show
    Darn it, I missed Bazral's response on the new page when I initially posted. It's corrected now, and since we're on a new page, here's the Handy Reference Links (Robert is at the end with a question mark because we haven't heard from him):

Maeleg: http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2030
    Thierry: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=32540
    Vos: http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2029
    Bazral: http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2135
    Hkil: http://www.roguepenguin.com/castella...iew.php?id=952
    Robert(?): http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.p..._char&cid=4951

NPC's: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...76#post3595876
    Last edited by Daryk; 2007-12-28 at 08:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

The dwarf looks to the side to see what the commotion is about, then turns to Bob again. By the way, I trust we're prepared in case of, er, hostilities? There hasn't been enough trade to warrant real piracy, but you never know what might happen. Has the boss made sure we've got something extra in case we need to crack a head or two?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Bob nods , and says
    "Yep, I believe that we have some heavy crossbows lined up on the sides at regular intervals. There is also a weapons rack in every section."
    With this he gestures to a tall cabinetlike box with no visible openings, but a thin piece of plywood covering the front with a label in common, elven, dwarven, and surprisingly enough, a kobold dialect, as follows:
    Emergency weapons
    Break to open
    Alarm will be triggered

"I am certain that these contain useful weapons such as crossbows, short spears, and short swords"
    Last edited by CommodoreFluffy; 2007-12-31 at 01:22 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGirl

"They must have a lot of problems out here then, or at least they have been expecting such." Theirry muses quietly as he shakes his head a little bit. "Never... You think these are magically warded then? I've never seen anything quite like that."

6. - Top - End - #126

Maeleg's ears pricked up at the mention of magical warding. "It's a fairly simple enchantment, and not particularly expensive to bind in a single use form," he remarked.

7. - Top - End - #127

Vos

"If you're curious, I could cast Detect Magic on one of these boxes."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

The dwarf looks at Vos with some interest. Hmm, perhaps... But what do you want to find out, whether there really is an alarm?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-01-02 at 08:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

RogueGirl

"Nah." Theirry shrugs, "I'll just be happy enough never needing to know." He grins as he leans up against the side of the weapons locker.

10. - Top - End - #130

Vos nods, then walks over to lean against the starboard gunnel, looking over the side to the water below. The piece of wood he leans on looks perilously worm-eaten and begins to bow outward under the load of the heavy half-orc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Friends, I'm afraid I will have to drop out of this game. This is my "two posts notice" to roleplay the transition of my character out of the game smoothly, rather than my sudden disappearance without explanation.

11. - Top - End - #131

As the railing began to creak under the half-orc's weight, Maeleg's eyes widened. "Vos, look out!" he cried, thrusting a hand at the big man.

12. - Top - End - #132

Vos looks up, puzzled, then the railing gives way. He struggles to regain his balance, throwing his upper body back, but his feet slip and he falls, the back of his head striking the deck of the boat with a sickening thud before he plunges into the water.

13. - Top - End - #133

Maeleg caught a corner of Vos' cloak as the massive half-orc slipped overboard, and was violently thrown to the deck for his trouble. As Vos quickly disappeared beneath the waves, Maeleg clutched the torn corner of fabric that was all that remained of the half-orc. "Man overboard! Starboard side!" he shouted, vainly. The cry was shortly taken up by other members of the crew, and the helmsman hove to while the Ship's Master strode over to the broken railing to investigate, grumbling about "landlubbers".

14. - Top - End - #134

The unconscious, bleeding Vos sinks slips beneath the waves, his heavy clothing pulling him to the bottom.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

The dwarf looks aghast. Someone get him! he shouts to no-one in particular. After a second he regainst some of his composure and rummages through his backpack for a rope.

16. - Top - End - #136

Spots still dancing before his eyes, Maeleg whispered, "He's... gone...". The slight elf barely had time to collect his wits before he had to scramble out of the way of the sailors working vainly to rescue Vos. Tucking the torn corner of the half-orc's cloak into his belt pouch, Maeleg quietly recited a prayer to the sea gods.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

Shocked by the suddenness of Vos' fall and disappearance, Baz stands dumbstricken for a long moment before finally moving to another spot along the rail and searching for the half-orc in the water. "Och! Whot shoddy workmanship. Cost a good man!" the dwarf says with a sniff as he continues to search for the lost man.

18. - Top - End - #138

RogueGirl

"What the..." Thierry snaps around, just stunned as he sees the last of the man drop off ship side, just staring off towards the water taking a few steps towards it. In a rather uncharacteristic moment, Theirry really looks utterlly lost as what to do as he jaw hangs down a bit.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Bob's eyes widen in deep surprise, and he shouts "Goddamn it! Do SOMETHING, Save him!" as time slowly passes on, he eventually realizes that the sailors' attempts are all in vain, and he quickly snatches Bazral's mug and smashes it into the weapons cache to attract attention from other workers. The alarm shrieks out and more and more men come to see what is happening, but seeing that nothing is being done, and that Hkil has just found his rope, he rushes forwards, snatches the rope, secures it onto a door frame and attempts to jump overboard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple check anyone?

I also like how the personalities of our characters are being created on the spot, by reactions to unexpected things! Good Job People! Your Commodore is pleased

I finnaly found out how to use this! And I got my Fender Stratocaster, It is a very nice guitar!

Also, If you are uncomfortable with anything brought up in this thread, please tell us in a spoiler and we will edit and refrain from repeats.
    Last edited by CommodoreFluffy; 2008-01-10 at 12:21 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

((Grapple checks for holding on to the rope and pulling them, you mean?))

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

The dwarf stares in apoplexy as Bob takes his mug and uses it to set off the alarm. He opens and closes his mouth several times, as if about to say something. Finally, his anger seems to settle and his face regains its normal color. He grabs the rope in order to help, but keeps his lips firmly pressed together.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Bazral barely manages to grab, and heave at the rope, just as Bob took is last step off the edge. the rope drew taught for a moment, and Bob coughs the air out of his compressed lungs, his heavy body lurches back onto the deck, in a breathless heap. Hkil's rope falls down in useless coils around Bazral's feet.

23. - Top - End - #143

Finishing his quiet prayers for the fallen half-orc, Maeleg picked up Bazral's dented mug. He looked it over carefully before turning to Bazral and saying, "I think I can fix it tonight, if you'd like. I've a spell that should do the trick."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

The dwarf stares at the dented mug. After a moment he nods to Maelag. "Ah'd appreciate it greatly," he says quietly as he briefly glares at Bob before returning his gaze to the elf and smiling thinly. "If ye'll have it as payment, Ah'll share me brew with ye!"

25. - Top - End - #145

"I'm not usually much of an ale drinker, but I'd be happy to take that payment," Maeleg said with as much of a smile as he could muster. He was still a bit shocked by the sudden loss of Vos, but was covering it as best he could.

26. - Top - End - #146

RogueGirl

Thierry walks on over toward the edge and just stares out towards the ocean for a moment and gives a small shakes of his head. "Perhaps we ought to all drink to the fool."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

Hkil approaches the water carefully, and looks down for a while. He gives Thierry a long, sad look. The half-blood might've been a lot of things, but a fool he wasn't. I can't help but find it a poor omen if... especially as clerics of Kord aren't supposed to be dying of drowning.

On the other hand, if I knew Vos at all, a drink to his memory would be the third best ceremony he'd like from such as us.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-01-12 at 01:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

"Third?" Maeleg thought to himself, but kept quiet on that score. "Yes, a drink to his memory would be most fitting. Perhaps at sunset?" he added.

29. - Top - End - #149

RogueGirl

"Yeah, well he fell off the ship." Theirry states as if the only intent was to dispell any notion of his actually caring as he frowns staring off where Vos fell off.

30. - Top - End - #150

"I don't think he expected the railing to give out, but wearing heavy armor aboard ship isn't exactly advisable," Maeleg offered, though he knew his compromise would please no one almost as soon as he said it. He cringed inwardly, and tried to cover his error with, "Regardless, we should still drink to fallen comrades."