New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Eternity Smells of Oil (IC)

IKIT

Ikit`s device showed no signs of magic.

Cinderella`s eyes lingered on the skaven for a few moment, then she turned to My.

"You explain him", she said. "You have a nice way of putting it."

"All right", said My. She jumped up and climbed into the vage, so she could face Ikit, and not watch him from the ground.

"You see, she is some kind of power concentrate. Power of legends, you know. Because she is a legend. Don`t know why it must be her, but after the Flash she just kept shining."
    "So some people think they can use it. It was the dwarfs who started it. They are a nasty bunch. The made this cage. And they think they hold her captive, but in truth she could kill them all easily if she wanted to. Or juts stop feeding them. They all depend on her".

Little My pulled a small round mirror from her pocket.

"They use mirrors to collect her power, every evening. They take their mirrors everywhere with them. And when they look inside, they see what they could be if the Flash didn`t happen. It`s like another world. And they can`t stop looking anymore. Don`t even need to really eat and drink while they do it. Parasites."

"It is not their fault", sighed Cinderella. "And there is a whole city here. Not just the dwarfs. I can`t leave them".

"Well, I still think you should", said My.

"Anyway", she pointed a finger at Ikit. "What is your business here? Another parasite?"

2. - Top - End - #152

Mal'Ganis

The dreadlord darted towards the tower, but as he passed some invisible barrier, his wings suddenly felt much heavier, as if the magic was being sucked out of them.
    He still could reach the tower. But the guard there (he took the guard duty because there was some altruism left in him, despite whatever little My thought), just saw his worst nightmare come true. He thrust his mirror before him and used it to expel all the remaining force in a form of single ray.

And any force have two sides. Even Hope.

Second to last thing that Mal`ganis saw, was warm flash of yellow light coming towards him, becoming as big as the sun.

The mirror could show you what you could be in a perfect world. It could also show the opposite.

The last thing Mal`ganis saw was the Frostmourn coming at him, point first.

Then the ray of light burnt his head off.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

[OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, how anti-climactic... can I make another character?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Richard Pickman

Though not thoroughly affected by the slap, Richard snarled a string of obscenities in the name of Nug and Yeb, and uttered in a guttural accent, "And what would a servant of Glaaki be doing this far from his lake, scaring off any worthwhile meals?" He then abruptly turned and collected his belongings, and set off down a further path through the tunnels in search of food.
    Last edited by Nonanonymous; 2008-02-29 at 10:36 PM.

My campaign setting to be; Tei Tenga.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

IKIT
    No-no, not a parisite. Just-just a traveler. what-what is this flash?he said, womdering if these mirrors could srve as a substitute for warpsone.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordred
    "Great, a thunderstorm."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm game for a bit of playing house if you are, spider-man," says Hood with a playful wink. "Now what about my question? The Path of the Beam?"
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-02-29 at 03:54 PM.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

8. - Top - End - #158

IKIT

Both My and Ikit saw the demise of Mal`ganis.
    "That`s why you don`t swing weapons round here", said My smugly as the headless body smacked into the ground somewhere beyond the gate with a thud.
    "The Flash? Were you hit by a falling tree or something? How could you miss the end of the world?"
    Last edited by Eerie; 2008-02-29 at 01:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

GLaDOS

After a while, the voice, doubled by the radio waves, came again:

"You are not like anything I expected. And yet, in some way, you are exactly the person I need."

Pause.

"I have an item of incredible power with me. It will be yours if you do me one favor - kill me with it. That`s all."
    "Will you come? I`m in the middle of the garden."

10. - Top - End - #160

Mordred, VLRRH

Another blue lighting struck the ground not a ten meters away, throwing chunks of stone into the air.
    This time, both of them were knocked off their feet.
    Last edited by Eerie; 2008-02-29 at 03:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

Richard Pickman

"Hey, hey!"
    Richard heard the "dead" woman scramble to her feet.
    "You are not going anywhere without me!"
    Suddenly, the tunnel he was in became illuminated by strong light, emanating from woman`s right hand.
    "Wait a minute, or I`ll melt your face. I`m serious!"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

IKIt
    wondering exactly what she ment by "end of the world" but refusing to expose his continued ignorence, Ikit says "What? he had no weopons.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Richard Pickman

Blinded by the sudden flash of light, he quickly swung the tombstone he had been carrying in between them, hoping to shield his eyes from the light, and whatever else she might use against him. After a long pause, a rather frustrated voice emerged from behind the stone slab.
    "... What do you want?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

GLaDOS

After a moment of thinking over the possible options, the voice responds, "We are always happy to be of service." The rotating device reverses direction, and a blue orb streaks out from it to open into a bluish oval on the inside edge of the golden gates. An orange blot streaks straight downwards, opening an orange-rimmed gateway into nothingness—and the blue oval abruptly shows the sky, complete with a variety of metal and plastic components as the Device and a pair of the attached orbs fall through it, landing on their sides between the gates. The pole that supported the Device is now lying sideways, and it ceases revolving.

"Probable damage if this means of travel is used repeatedly. Switching to universally vertical portal openings." That has the sound of talking to oneself, but the feminine voice's next words are directed at the unknown speaker. "Would you like to tell us why you believe you need to die?"
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #165

GlaDOS

"I... don`t think you`ll understand", answered the voice. "But I don`t intend to die completely. Let`s say it`s the only thing left to do to achieve my goal."

16. - Top - End - #166

IKIT

My shrugged:
    "He did attack the tower. Bad intentions are weapons."
    "So, where do you travel from? You didn`t notice all the death and destruction on the way?"

17. - Top - End - #167

Richard Pickman

"To get out of here, for a start. What is this place? Oh..."
    The woman clutched her head suddenly, then sat on a rock. Light from her hand dimmed.
    "Damn... I remember now. The city collapsed, and this terrible shining came through the roof. Was it real?"
    "Wait, now that I see you better, you are not a ghoul. You aren`t anything I saw before. How did you get here?"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

IKIy
    "Death and estruction can-can be good. At least they-they don't try and hide. And why notice the facts of life?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #169

Spoiler
    Show
    I love this conversation...

IKIt

"OK-kay", said little My quietly to herself. "We have seen such cases before. They usually end in madness. But I don`t really care anyway."

"Tell me, Ikit of Skryre" she addressed the Skaven. "You didn`t notice something strange happening to you lately? Some change in your life? Change of the environment, maybe?"
    Last edited by Eerie; 2008-03-04 at 03:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

IKIT
    "REality is the most mutable thing of all. Fire-flame changes a forest to ash-ash, Man-things turn ash to cities. Orc-things turn cities to ruins. We turn Ruins to nothing. Nature turns nothing to a forest. THe cycle continues, even without the Great Winds and divineities power.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

GLaDOS

"Fascinating," the artificial voice says, as an orange-rimmed hole in space opens on the ground several feet away. The matching other side of the hole appears directly under the metal-and-plastic contraption, which promptly falls through and emerges a few feet in the air above the other portal. Before it can fall back through, the blue door is relocated to several feet closer to the garden's center, and the process is repeated as the device emerges from that door, producing a strange, bouncing movement that would doubtless be absurdly dizzying to anybody who had an inner ear.

"Who are you?" the voice asks from its perpetual free-fall. "What is it that you're trying to do?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Richard Pickman

"I thought this was just one of many tunnels through the Abyss, but the only cities in the Abyss are the cities of the gugs, and you are much too small to be one of their tenants. As for how I got here, I have no wings, so I must have walked, yes?"
    He said this last bit with a slight chuckle, an unnerving noise that sounded closer to a death rattle than a laugh, most of the humor that he found stemming from the perceived ignorance of the woman for apparently having some misconceptions on what exactly a ghoul was.
    Last edited by Nonanonymous; 2008-03-05 at 09:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

IKIT

"Look, pal", said little My, "It`s really not my job to persuade you about anything. But there are no more cycles. Everything is simply turning into ruin. I mean REALLY everything, the world, the universe, the multiverse, whatever you call it. That`s the truth, and you better accept it now, and not when it will be too late."

24. - Top - End - #174

GLaDOS

"My name is Jadis", answered the voice. "And I`m going to finish my work. The creation of Aslan is undone. Now I just need to become equal to him, and my victory will be complete. But for that I need you."

25. - Top - End - #175

Richard Pickman

"What are you talking about? We are under Undercity..."

The woman chuckled herself. "What a pun. If there is still Undercity..."

"Look, Strange Living Ghoul-Thing. Let`s get to the surface, and then talk."

"What is your name, by the way? I am Ayomide, of the Forsaken."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

GLaDOS

With an audible click, the speakers begin transmitting again. "Thank you, "_JADIS_"." The last word is quite clearly a recording of Jadis's voice, speaking her own name. "To allow us to better assist you, please fill out the following questionnaire." Pause.

"Due to supply deficiencies, the written questionnaire is not available at this time. Please envision writing down your answers on a sheet of paper as you answer the questionnaire verbally."

"The following questionnaire has been brought to you by the Aperture Science Enrichment Center (Customer Service Department). We Are Here to Help You Help Us Help You. Please take the time to read all the way to the bottom of the questionnaire before filling in your answers."

"One: Please record your full name in the space below."

"Two: Please record the date of your birth and the date you died, in the following format: BIRTH MONTH-BIRTH DATE-BIRTH YEAR—DEATH MONTH-DEATH DATE-DEATH YEAR. If you are not currently deceased, write in the following format: BIRTH MONTH-BIRTH DATE-BIRTH YEAR—N/A (CURRENT MONTH-CURRENT DATE-CURRENT YEAR).

"Three: Please give your last place of employment and indicate the level of education you posssess. If more than one applies, check only the highest. Elementary, High School, High School Graduate, College, College Graduate, Postgraduate. In the case of the latter two, please select one of the following: Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Doctorate.

"Four: Please list any major contributions you may have made to the field of science.

"Five: Thank you. Please provide us with a short paragraph detailing the history of the 19th and 20th centuries, as they pertain to your chosen field of employment.

"Six: Please detail your reasons for selecting Aperture Science and the nature of the assistance you would like. Aperture Science is here to help, and we will do our best to ensure that the assistance you receive is close to what you asked for.

"Six: In order to better evaluate you so that we can tailor our services to your personality, please tell us (in 500 words or less) whether you believe in bad people, and why or why not.

"Thank you for accepting this questionnaire. Please ignore question number 5. Begin."

The feminine voice clicks off again.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

IKIT
    "We-we are in the chaos wates,Of course everything is dead! everything is the-the size of a pebble in a river-bed surronded by other pebbles!" he went on like this for some time before suddenly stopping and saying "bah you are obviosly delusional. So you say you hate the -dwarf-things?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

28. - Top - End - #178

GLaDOS

Dense garden opened before the moving GlaDOS, and she entered a small clearing. In the middle of the clearing, a massive apple tree stood. It was full of apples, and each on of them was dry.

Under the tree stood a woman in a silver dress. She was holding a knife in her hand. Knife made of stone.

"I would like to talk to you", she said, "But there is no time".

She showed GlaDOS her knife.

"Can you quess what is it?"
    Last edited by Eerie; 2008-03-18 at 05:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

GLaDOS

"I am equipped with advanced speculative software," the voice answers, sounding as if all this is suddenly dreadfully boring. "It's a knife. A cutting implement, crafted from apparently inferior materials. If you want to know more than that, you'll have to get me better scanning equipment and a sample. Was that all you wanted?"