New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eternity Smells of Oil (IC)

"Wilbuh, you say? Interesting. Well, Bill's me name." he said as Wilbur started his trace. His eyes looked up also to the horizon.

Bill looked around a bit at the rocky grove as the spell grew in power. "Not be here? Where else could it be?" he asked quizzingly. He looked down at the glowing circle and said, "Whar will we be goin' anyway?" as his tongue flicked out instictively.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wilbur Whately

Wilbur finishes the spell, picks up his suitcase, and watches as the landscape in the distance vanishes off into nothingness.

"Well, to answer yer first question, it ain't goin' t'be anywhere. It'll jist be... gawn. As fer where we're goin'... 'fraid I don't know that one either. Somewhere more... extant."

The white light completely fills the circle, there's a bright flash, and suddenly Wilbur, Bill, and Bob are gone, nowhere to be seen.

[OOC: Woohoo, page 2! I wonder where we'll go...]
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

Proud owner of a Gorbatar

Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."

Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wilbur Whately, Bill, Bob

In a flash of white light, they were gone, leaving only an expanding circle of fine mist.

For them, however, the flash did not end. Light enveloped them, intensified, and turned into a briliant blue color. And suddenly cut off, and they were falling through darkness and empty void. But not so empty, as other things were falling there too, falling in different directions, as if gravity had gone mad. Vague shapes flew past them, some debris, some bodies, few things that were cleary alive and almost too horrible to comprehend - hideous tentacled monsters. One of them was half-human and half-spider...

Deafening screech filled the air, bringing to mind an image of giant cracked crystals rubbing against each other with terrible force, as if something stubborn was trying to stick them back together, trying to repair the unrepairable...

And then, out in the darkness, an eye opened, one blue shining eye, whose gaze brought immense cold. It focused on the falling survivors and fell upon them, like blue shining mouth. But before it could get them, they were gone again....

Wilbur and Bill crashed onto a floor in a dimly lighted room, which, judging by the walls, could belong to a castle. It was filled with rows of shelfs. On the shelfs, strange glassy objects lie. Light was getting into the room from somewhere behind the rows.

4. - Top - End - #34

Mordred, LRRH

Todash descended, with triumphant accord of chimes. Mordred fell into darkness, filled with wind and flying objects. He heard voice of his White Father, mad laughter of his Red Father, and a sound of horn... but all those voices were soon overwhelmed by a tremendous din of what could only be the Dark Tower itself, falling down. It became stronger and stronger, making the Fall of Hounds sound like splatter. And then it stopped.

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force.
    As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
    I fear something terrible has happened."

Mordred was falling through silence now. Nothing around him but air. But, then where this voice came from?

"All alone, or in two's,
    The ones who really love you
    Walk up and down outside the wall..."

And who sung this?

"Some hand in hand
    And some gathered together in bands.
    The bleeding hearts and artists
    Make their stand."

Why was he falling through void and hearing such a strange music? Prime isn`t supposed to look like that.

"But this is no Prime."

Mordred realised he said the last sentence aloud.

"Who is here?" - he called.

And suddenly his fall halted. He floated gently on a spot. Then, with last outburst of chimes, darkness around him blinked, and was gone.

Mordred was standing on a round stone platform, probably hundred feet wide. He could not see what was beyond it, as everything, including the sky, was covered by grey fog. And he was not going to explore it right now, because right in front of him a giant black wolf was standing, looking at him with eyes far too intelligent for an mere animal.

"Hello, Dan-tete." - said the Wolf. - "I was not counting on you to survive."

From somewhere in the fog, a female voice cried:

"MY BEAUTIFUL FOREST!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE OUT IN THE DAYLIGHT!!!"

The Wolf sighed.

"Another unexpected guest. Don`t pay attention, she will find the way here by herself. But you have some questions to ask me, don`t you?"
    Last edited by Eerie; 2007-12-28 at 05:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

"Who are ye? How do ye know me?" Mordred grins. "More importantly, do you have food? Modred bes a-hongy!"
    He taps his fingers, thinking. "If ye have food, I will be pleased. If ye have medicine, as well, I will name you my dinh until ka parts us."
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2007-12-27 at 06:42 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

6. - Top - End - #36

Napoleon will look up at the aardvark before saying,'Hello my fellow animal friend.'
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordred grins wider. "If ye don't have food, I'll take my meal anyway, mayhaps. I hunger!"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

8. - Top - End - #38

Bill

Incredibly Bill had the strangest look of apathy as he plumeted through the anomalous gravity. He stared on at the things that floated by in silence, just letting his eyes drift to each 'falling' object. Finally when the eye opened he reacted a bit and squirmed to the noise. The chill brought down his blood temperature a bit, making him feel suddenly lazed, yet panicky by its suddeness.

Upon landing on the stone floor, he did his best to move up slowly through the cold. He again let his eyes wonder at each oddity around the room. Finally he turned to Wilbur and said, "Oy. Where have ya brung us?"
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wilbur Whately
    "We're here. We're alive. Beyond that, ah don't know."

Looking around, Wilbur picks up one of the glass objects, and examines it.

Spoiler
    Show

Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

VLRRH, Mordred
    With a disgusted grimace, the stunning, fair-skinned, raven-haired teenage girl pulls her red-hooded velvet cloak over her face. Reaching into the picnic basket she clutches tightly in her right hand, she withdraws two elbow-length silken gloves, which she then dons hastily, wisps of what looks like steam (or maybe smoke?) rising off of the exposed skin, accompanied by a faint hissing sound. She smells something familiar..."Is that you, dear Big Bad Wolf? Perhaps we should pay you a visit to thank you for your past kindnesses."
    Glancing down into the basket, she mutters, "Shall we, Grandma?"
    Little Red Riding hood strikes out in the direction from which the scent is strongest, towards a flat, round stone in the distance, perhaps a hundred or so feet wide. Upon it, she can just make out the heads of a couple of figures whose bodies are obscured by the stone's upper edge.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2007-12-28 at 09:57 PM.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

11. - Top - End - #41

Wilbur Whately, Bill

OOC: BOB`s player is busy at the moment, so he wont be here for a while...

The object, which looked like a made of glass model of some unknown organ, was cold to the touch. In Wilbur`s hand, it slightly twitched, and dozens of small spots of multicolored light appeared inside it.
    Then some invisible force, like an assault of extra-strong goosebumps, surged from the object, through Wilbur`s arm, into his body and then into his head.
    And Wilbur saw a vision. Through the room, that wavered before his eyes, he saw a surface of a frozen sea. It was as if frozen instantly in the middle a storm. There were ships on it, stuck into the ice. But what caught his attention was a stone pyramid protruding from the ice. It was really huge, dwarfing the ships around it, and black. On it`s flat top was a colonnade, inside which something stood that looked like... oh yes, it was a stone sacrificial table. And the vision felt strangely familiar to Wilbur. It had to do with something that slept inside the innards of the pyramid, there under the ice, waiting to be awaken.

"Who is there?"

There was a creak of an opening door, a ray of cold light penetrated the gloom and the vision imploded, leaving Wilbur with the now lifeless object in his hand.

"Oh, visitors. How unexpected. No one visit me usually. Especially here, at my brothers place."

The owner of the voice came towards Wilbur and Bill from behind the shelfs. It was a tall male of indefinite age. He was wearing a riding costume, with silver-embroidered coat and a mantle of black velvet. There was a sabre hanging from his belt, along with two folded umbrellas, one rainbow-colored and one black.

"You like this?" - he asked Wilbur. - "It`s a dream. My brother kept his collection here. Oh, I apologize, I forgot to introduce myself. I`m Ole Lukoie. The younger one."

"And who are you, my guests?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Mal'Ganis

As Mal'Ganis flew high above, his great leathery wings beating against the sky, still he could see nothing but dead wastelands stretching about him, and he grew weary of this constant search, where are my comrades, my brothers, my fellow Nathrezim? he thought to himself. Though he was loath to admit it, he did not like the thought of life without his fellows, not only were the political machinations of his brethren amusing, but, though he did not doubt his own considerable abilities, they were a great asset to him. Bah, but such thoughts were for another time, or never. As his wings began to tire he decided to take a look around from a lower level, and so he glided down to the ground, finally landing on his great hoofed feet. He straightened his back, flexing his great bat-like wings behind him, and flexed his claws. He looked around and spotted a figure on the horizon, and began walking towards it. He heard the figure scream at the sky, though the words were lost to distance and the wind. And so Mal'Ganis slowly stalked toward the figure in the distance.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2007-12-28 at 05:06 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

13. - Top - End - #43

Mordred, LRRH

The Wolf grinned, showing a row of huge teeth and a scarlet tongue.

"I am Mokgr. I`m neither from here, nor from the real world, but one of those who wander in between. Manipulators, who I work for, judged both worlds to end. The real one did, but here in Fantasia the work is not finished yet. I am now in charge of the Reconstruction. Work for me, and we can build a new world, one that suits us better. Isn`t that what you were meant to do?"

"As for food and medicine - the only medicine I know of is death. You could visit Ole Lukoie for it, but he is rarely accepting personal orders. And I`m sure you will find plenty of food here. There, she can help you."

Mokgr lifted his huge paw and pointed towards the Red Hood, who just climbed the stone platform.

"Hello, my dear." - the Wolf said as she approached. - "What big fangs you have!"
    Last edited by Eerie; 2007-12-28 at 05:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Deadpool, Mal'Ganis

"Not "air", you moron" - voice of Cable said. - "Aircraft carrier. It`s near the beach. I`m kinda tied here at the moment, so try to locate it. It has a big fugure EIGHT written on. Deadpool? Do you hear me? Deadp..."

But at this point Deadpool wad distracted from the radio by a huge winged demon that appeared from behind a tree.
    Last edited by Eerie; 2007-12-28 at 05:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordred sighs. "Ah, well-there will be water if God wills it. At least it isn't so cold here. The cold was more than half the problem."
    He turns to Red. "Yon wolf says ye have food, sai."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

16. - Top - End - #46

OOC: GuesssWho, will you freaking title the freaking posts?
    Last edited by Eerie; 2007-12-28 at 05:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Sorry!
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC: Glass object of plot hook +5! Also: My god, Eerie, you dig deep for characters. It's amazing.))

Wilbur Whately

"A dream. Is thet so. Th'reel question, though, is... was thet a dream of th'future, or just a dream..." mutters Wilbur to himself, at a volume just loud enough to be heard.

Focusing his attention on Ole, Wilbur speaks: "Mah name is Wilbur. Wilbur Whately, last of the Whatelys. And... wait a minute. Yer brother 'kept' dreams? That'd mean he's stopped. Any reason fer that, exactly? And, if yeh don't mind my askin'... where are we?"
    Last edited by bingo_bob; 2007-12-28 at 08:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikit, Deadpool, Mal'Ganis With a sudden burst of green flame a creatue thst can only be described as giant bipedal rat with a mechanicle arm and a facemask, weaaring fullplate emerged. Turning to a the leatherfaced demon he imidiatly pull ed out a strange pistol with a chunk of dark-green rock in the middle and pointed it at him. "Demon-thing. What-what have you-you done with my army? who-who are you? where are we? Who-who is the man-thing? WHERE US MY CLAN!?!
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2007-12-29 at 10:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis looked down at the rat thing with some amusement, and more then a little contempt, the only creature he knew of that looked even remotely like the hideous creature was a Kobold, and those weaklings were not worth his time, however he sensed that this creature was... different, if not more dangerous. Oh please, aim that pathetic little pistol somewhere else you disgusting rat. As for your "army" I have no idea where it went, nor do I care, for why would I need an army of such loathsome creatures as you? I am a powerful Lieutenant of the Burning Legion, A servant of the mighty Archimonde himself. As to where we are, I have no more idea than you most likely. And I was just about to inquire as to the origins of the mortal myself

21. - Top - End - #51

Bill the Lizard

Bill stared around the room as Wilbur immediately picked up one of the objects. Bill eyed him curiously for a second saying, "What are ya doin' with that anyway?" Not getting a response by the now distracted Wilbur, he turned to try and find a door, but was quickly interrupted when Ole entered. After the short monologue and Wilbur's response he said, "Bill, by tha way. And I think I'm goin' ta ask the same questions as 'e did. And on a side note, ya don't 'appen to have any tea and perhaps warmth, do ya? I'm parched and freezin'."
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2007-12-29 at 02:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

VLRRH

Ignoring Mordred for now, Hood opens her mouth slightly, and with a slick, wet sound her fangs protrude from her gums an inch or two more, stating with irony, "The better to kiss you with, my dear." Turning to the arachnid to her left, her gorgeous green eyes begin to well up. Aside from her undeniable and unearthly beauty, there is a sad innocence to her eyes which begins to cloud Mordred's mind. He begins to feel as if the Wolf is bullying her, intends to kill her perhaps, and Mordred intends to stop him if he can. "Such a sweet and beautiful spider," she whispers, kissing him lightly on the cheek, and as she does, a single teardrop falls on his face.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2007-12-31 at 08:00 AM.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikit, Deadpool, Mal'Ganis "Archimonde? Who is he? some Demon-thing Bloodthirster? Lifting up his claw and pointing a strange device that looked like a hosenozel, he pointed it at Mal-gaines and shifted the pistol to Deadpool. "who-what are you man-thing? Where are we? Did you summon the demon?What isa that machine? he said showing sudden intrest in the radio.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Deadpool

"Let's get two things straight. Number one. The last thing to point a gun at me was a talking pig, who I quickly turned into morning bacon. Two. It's mine and that's all you need to know." Deadpool said, his voice commanding and stern. Then, without a moment of hesitation, it turned jolly as he proclaimed, "But it is wonderful to see survivors. First things first, we need to find the aircraft carrier. It'll bring everything back to normal."

He seemed completely oblivious to the fact that his companions were freaks. Then again, so was he.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis sneers in contempt at the attempted show of strength on the part of the mortals. Oh, so you killed a talking pig did you? congratulations, perhaps next you can strangle a chicken for us Mal'Ganis gives a cruel little chuckle at Deadpools expense who do you think you are to give orders to me, hmmm mortal? and what is an "aircraft carrier" some sort of zeppelin or something?
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2007-12-29 at 01:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikit
    Turning to Deadpool he said "An aircraft Carrier? What-what is that? Some type of Steam-work? I will come. This thing intrests me. Where-where is it? Through the Forest?
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2007-12-29 at 05:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordred
    Mordred shakes his head and laughs. "You really think you can control me, sai? I am no mere mortal, my dear girl. Try to control me again, and I'll make ye walk down my throat. I'm hungry!"
    His mind brushes hers, and she unthinkingly bares her throat to him.
    "I may do so anyway. I ate my mother when I was minutes old. I have killed stronger folk than you will ever be. Ask the wolf-he knows. I am Dan-Dinh and Dan-Tete, little vampire!"
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2007-12-29 at 07:55 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

28. - Top - End - #58

Wilbur Whately, Bill the Lizard

"Whately...", repeated Ole Lukoie, "The name sounds familiar. But, well, most names sound familiar to me..."

"My older brother, as I`m sure you know, brought people dreams. All kinds of them. And I just specialized in one particular kind of dreams. You know, those which never end".

"And yesterday I had to bring my dream to my brother. Tragic as it is, duty is duty. But, before we bid our farewell, he gave me his umbrellas and the key to the castle Oneiroi. So now I fully inherited the "family business" and must bring all dreams there is. Not that there are much to do, both endless and finite. Too many things are happening by themselves of lately."

Ole turned to the shelfs.

"Here my brother collected the most peculiar dreams. Some of them were not intended to ever have a receiver. Others still wait for one..."

"Strange thing is", he muttered, "Before going to sleep, Ole said to me he was afraid to go, because he won`t be there when someone will come and bring a dream to me. Which is rather impossible, of course, but I do feel a bit anxious..."

"You want to go to the hall?", he asked Wilbur and Bill. "I had the fireplace lit. Don`t really like this place, it is too gloomy. I mostly work outdoor..."

"You can take this dream if you want", Ole told Wilbur, "I don`t mind. Follow me."

Ole Lukoie started to walk towards the door.
    Last edited by Eerie; 2007-12-30 at 03:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Deadpool, Mal'Ganis, Ikit

As the trio started to talk, suddenly a small figure burst out of the dead undergrowth, tripped on some hidden root and fell into dirt right under their feet. It then scrambled to his feet, smearing dirt all over himself in the process. It looked like some kind a gnome.

The gnome looked up on the trio with eyes full of fear (the trio appearance probably added some more fear).

"There-there-its a... There`s aa..." it stuttered.

"There`s a dragon coming!!!", the gnome screamed at last, "He is maaaad!!! He want to eat me!!!"

Indeed, sounds of falling trees could now be heard, coming from the direction the gnome came from.

30. - Top - End - #60

Mordred, VLRRH

"Yes, my dear, you listen to what Dan-tete says, he means business" - said the Wolf with a big smile.

"But I`m sure you are too smart to eat a vampire, Mordred. Besides, she means well."

Suddenly, Mokgr`s grin was gone as if it never happened.

"Enough with this drivel!", he boomed.

"There is much to do. Join me and I shall send you out with a task and watch your step as we Reconstruct. Reject me and I shall blow you away and care not where you land, for my time is precious."

"That means that you will accept me as your dinh, Mordred Deschain - albeit temporarily, because that is your nature. And none of us can deny our nature"

"And you too will accept me as your dinh, my dear", he said to Hood, "Even if you don`t know what the word mean. Dan-tete can explain you."

"If you accept me, come forward and receive my blessing!"
    Last edited by Eerie; 2007-12-30 at 04:47 PM.