New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick: November II

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant

Considering there are no rules given that I am required to abide by, there can be no mistakes.

Not that anything I say is going to stop another 500 people from emailing me about it.
    Besides, this is a new language for Haley as well. She could be pronouncing it badly. ;)

It appears that V has, in fact, Noticed. Although I suppose there's still the question of whether said Noticing occured immediately or not.
    No. She was talking about him pretending to be a king, not a woman.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Considering there are no rules given that I am required to abide by, there can be no mistakes.

Not that anything I say is going to stop another 500 people from emailing me about it.
    What you need to do is have a fake e-mail address that you give to us slugs and a real one. Of course, the fake one given to the slugs needs to be checked by a team of poorly trained monkeys. (Stupid well trained monkeys form unions and sue because of the "cruel and unusual punishment" that you'd be subjecting them to making them read our e-mails...)

Just trying to help, Giant. ;D It always helps for a reader to call all readers slugs and say that our e-mails constitute cruel and unsual punsihment.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

I have the same problem as before. A black area is occluding the lower panels of #246, and #247 is only loading the top three panels. I can read #248 just fine, so there is little reason to believe it is a server issue. It's been like this for days. Should I be putting this up on the board forum, or what?
    I\'m the kid who has the habit of dreaming;&&Sometimes gets me in trouble too.&&But the truth is, I could no more stop dreaming&&Than I could make them all come true.&& -The Kid&& Buddy Mondlock

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Variform
    I have the same problem as before. A black area is occluding the lower panels of #246, and #247 is only loading the top three panels. I can read #248 just fine, so there is little reason to believe it is a server issue. It's been like this for days. Should I be putting this up on the board forum, or what?
    Clean your cache and try again.

Probably your browser has cached the broken image, and isn't trying to download the correct version.
    <link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/funnysig.txt" />

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Variform
    I have the same problem as before. A black area is occluding the lower panels of #246, and #247 is only loading the top three panels.
    Spoooooooky!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

Cache cleared, same problem. This is starting to get frustrating.

*Added in edit* Spoke too soon. Stupid arts files. Problem solved.
    I\'m the kid who has the habit of dreaming;&&Sometimes gets me in trouble too.&&But the truth is, I could no more stop dreaming&&Than I could make them all come true.&& -The Kid&& Buddy Mondlock

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

well now we have a weeping transsexual. Is Royanna going to have this many emotional problems from now on. anyway, hurray for to more strips is 250. I can remember the great anticipation only 50 strips ago, strange noone seemed to mention it yet :)
    \"For the humble doily is indeed the gateway ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!!\" I am 2631!!!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duraska

good point. the &quot;male&quot; ogre turned back to female after the belt was removed. Sounds like all Roy has to do is remove the belt. Wonder why he hasn't done it already?
    Isn't it pretty standard that a &quot;cursed&quot; item cannot be removed? That's part of the peril of just equipping an unidentified item. It applies the negative effects of the curse, and you cannot remove the item without a remove curse type of spell or item.

That is of course, assuming that the belt is cursed. Was that ever established? I know it's been assumed a couple of times in the past, but don't recall anything concrete.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

This one was easy. :)

I have a program that looks at the patterns of letters in a word, and it basically said that &quot;ytoseegfkoi&quot; can only be three words that are in my word list:

preassigned
    transsexual
    tyrannizers

Based on context, I chose &quot;transsexual&quot; and once it replaced those letters, the rest just kinda popped out at me. :)

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kit
    It appears that V has, in fact, Noticed. Although I suppose there's still the question of whether said Noticing occured immediately or not.
    Ah, but has V really noticed? Note that he says that Regina is &quot;pretending to be&quot;...

Meaning, as far as (s)he knows, Roy is still Roy wearing a costume. Not Regina. :-)
    T'is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth, and remove all doubt. --Abraham Lincoln

12. - Top - End - #192
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omellette

Ah, but has V really noticed? Note that he says that Regina is &quot;pretending to be&quot;...

Meaning, as far as (s)he knows, Roy is still Roy wearing a costume. Not Regina. :-)
    As has been mentioned earlier, it's likely that V is only referring to Roy pretending to be a King. The probably reason why Roy is angry about it being mentioned is that Miko is right there, and probably adverse to people pretending to be royalty so they can enjoy a bit of hedonism.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lothorus

As has been mentioned earlier, it's likely that V is only referring to Roy pretending to be a King. The probably reason why Roy is angry about it being mentioned is that Miko is right there, and probably adverse to people pretending to be royalty so they can enjoy a bit of hedonism.
    D'oh! You're absolutely right -- I didn't even think of it in that sense, and now Regina's reaction makes more sense, hehe...

:-)
    T'is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth, and remove all doubt. --Abraham Lincoln

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

This crypto thing is getting a bit itchy. My lack of initiative is starting to kick in...

Anyways, looks like 2 members of the team are going to be in a bind for the forseeable future. Unless someone starts crackin' on Roy, that is. Everyone's taking their sweet time on him.

Electroshock therapy MAY help get Haley out of her kink. Personally, I think it'd be funny just to see V conjure a low-level lightning bolt to knock her out of it.
    An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to
    Purgatory!
    Take the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, maybe since this is a mental problem: they will go searching for a Psionic manifestor to cure her?

When arcane and divine don't work; call Psionic. ;D

Kinda funny that people think they can read gibberrish...

16. - Top - End - #196

Zombie

Roy has been getting awfully moody and weepy all the sudden.
    Woo, I say woo

17. - Top - End - #197
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

After all, he may have deliberately included the &quot;errors&quot; to confuse us! Wicked, tricksy, fasle giant! ;D

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by hairball
    This one was easy. :)

I have a program that looks at the patterns of letters in a word, and it basically said that &quot;ytoseegfkoi&quot; can only be three words that are in my word list:

preassigned
    transsexual
    tyrannizers

Based on context, I chose &quot;transsexual&quot; and once it replaced those letters, the rest just kinda popped out at me. :)
    Anyone can cheat. The fun of it is figuring it out all on your own.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Actually it is bad news for the lass.

And good news for fans of cryptograms.
    Man, we found it so funny and then we looked at the forums and discovered the encryptal fever.
    Wish is a 0-level spell, which\'s material component is a 100-dollar note given to your DM under the table.

20. - Top - End - #200

Heh. And Roy, for some reason, still feels the need to wear the mop head/wig. A nice toutch.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf71
    Anyone can cheat. The fun of it is figuring it out all on your own.
    True. That's why I did Friday's on my own. But I was interested to see how much better or worse at it my program would be.

The funny thing is that I wrote my program a while ago to solve the &quot;Celebrity Cipher&quot; feature in our newspaper because I could never figure the things out. It turned out not to work that well on its own - I'd get a bunch of gibberish back most of the time.

After I did that program, I found that I was much much better at them even without my program. Now I usually figure them out on my own in a minute or two - sometimes without even having a pencil available. I find them a little too easy most of the time.

Friday's strip made me think about my program again and I decided the program would work much better if I made some tweaks and if I made it interactive by having it pick a word but also allow me to make my own try if I didn't think its idea was good. Now it works really well - especially once I pick the first substitution to get it started.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slibs
    Roy has been getting awfully moody and weepy all the sudden.
    Estrogen. Its nothing to laugh at.

(Not if you live with a woman and want to survive to see your next sunrise, anyway...)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Oh lord, Roy's getting PMS already, change him back quick! :D
    Google query for the Giant's posts, for those of us who think they're way more interesting than yet another speculation thread but don't have time to read every thread on the forum to find one he's posting in.

24. - Top - End - #204
    DeathQuaker
    Guest in the Playground

You know, for some reason, when I first read the strip, I read V's speech bubble before looking at the whole panel. And thus, before I realized V was talking about Haley, I thought she was talking about Roy.... :) &quot;What do you mean no cure?!&quot; Heh. :)

I thought Roy's feeling bad over Haley was cute. Haley's (translated) comment wasn't very nice. I realize she's under a lot of stress, but the girl's got quite a mean streak, doesn't she?

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker
    You know, for some reason, when I first read the strip, I read V's speech bubble before looking at the whole panel. And thus, before I realized V was talking about Haley, I thought she was talking about Roy.... :) &quot;What do you mean no cure?!&quot; Heh. :)

I thought Roy's feeling bad over Haley was cute. Haley's (translated) comment wasn't very nice. I realize she's under a lot of stress, but the girl's got quite a mean streak, doesn't she?
    maybe she only said because she knew noone would understand anyway ;)

26. - Top - End - #206
    Colossus in the Playground

She was equally nasty about Roy's transformation before she lost her language. Yes, she does have a mean streak--and, unlike Roy and Vaarsuvius (and hey, even Belkar!) we've never seen her feel really guilty about anything.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

Roy's sudden mood swings remind me of that episode of Futurama where Bender gets a robot sex-change in order to win a bunch of gold metals in the robot olympics.

Hail, Hail, Robonia! A land I didn't make up!

Anyway, Bender starts having mood swings and the Professor says something to the effect of &quot;You fool! You've waited too long to turn back into a manbot!&quot; Crazy stuff.

[Edit: Spelling]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tears! ;D ;D ;D OMG! Tears! Funniest one I've seen so far!
    "How do you know I'm not Sam Beckett?"

29. - Top - End - #209

As to the comments about how mean Haley's being, I would like to suggest this: what if she has totally forgotten about the belt by now? I mean, with the amount of loot she's seen in her day, I wouldn't expect her to be focusing on the loot they deemed so unimportant that they left it behind. Therefore, seeing as Bards specialize in illusions, she could be under the impression that when Elan offered to magicly disguise Roy, Roy changed genders completely on his own accord. This could explain her 'Transsexual' comment.

Jeez, I really can't spell.
    "I'll make you party at my funeral
    'Cause mourning is for suckers.
    I'll rent a ferris wheel and
    cotton candy machine and have open bar
    with all the Pabst that you can drink
    the PA blasting my Clash records.
    You'll finally know that life's okay
    Even when bad things happen"
    Stand There Until You're Sober,
    Bomb the Music Industry!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Anyone else notice that the first speech bubble in strip #249 (Elan's one and only) doesn't line up nicely like all the others? Very interesting change of style Giant (well, I thought so...).

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak