New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Day 4

Palorin inspects his surroundings carefully, and on closer inspection he points at topher

Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formerly known as Hero 1.0

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

I can assure you Zeb that I had nothing to do with Jontom’s death. I may be new, but I know better than to bring that kind of attention on myself. Seems someone thought they could kill two birds with one stone, and you a least have fallen into their trap.

Come to think of it, your swiftness in blaming me makes you my prime suspect. Points at Zeb the Troll.
    You're plot to turn Jontom's death against me will not succeed.
    You haven’t got a womb. Where’s the fetus gonna gestate; you gonna keep it in a box?
    Don’t fear the darkness, fear what it hides.

Spoiler
    Show

Avatar and sig picture by kpenguin.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

B-RGR moves away from the Rodian and walks over to Zeb. Pardon me, my good sir, he says, but I do believe that Rodian (Dr. Bath) who has been uncomfortably interested in my circuitry ever since my arrival has ties to the Hutts!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #184

AAARRGGHHHH!!! I just spent HOURS at work doing my spreadsheet, and a bit of analysis and just as I get to complete night 3 ... I find I'm dead <sobs>

The first full spreadsheet I've done since Pirates!

Mr Narrator, sir, can I at least email it to whoever wants it? It contains no information that isn't in the public domain.

And this also means that the only game I'm still in is Vampire which seems to be stagnating a bit.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Zeb I doubt they'd make it so obvious. Xire was one of the better ones. As such he's dead."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

It was a bad time to be in Mos Eisley... Hutts and Imps in what looked to be a nasty turf war. Worse, it appeared that they didn't have any qualms about hitting innocents. Being a musician and trying to avoid unwelcome attention while making a living wasn't easy: if Figrin D'an could run afoul of the Hutts, so could anyone.

However, it struck me that the barkeep, Lord Magtok, had been rather quiet through the whole time, leading me to wonder if he knew something that I didn't about this situation.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

"Unfortunate, the night was. Lose the calm, I must not ask you to. No... Without calm, everybody remain must. Not. I mean, the calm, lost, must not be. I mean... "

*Continues speaking, trying to make sense.

"Anyway, suspicious, this guy seems to be."

*At Topher, I point*
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trouble had a scent to it. The problem is, that scent could be faked. It would be all too easy to make a man, like say, this Topher fellow, look guilty by having Jontom whacked in the night. It was neat - too neat.

Helgraf points at Dr. Bath ... well sort of sticks his hand through the man's chest, then curses.

"What, I didn't survive that landspeeder crash after all? Ahh, nuts!"
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2007-12-15 at 01:20 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

9. - Top - End - #189

Silencing statement: You are dead, fleshbag Helgraf, ever since post #129.

* point at topher *
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2007-12-11 at 02:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Elel looks around the bar and notices the nice Jontom person was gone. Before his disappearance he seemed mad at topher for some reason.

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    B-RGR moves away from the Rodian and walks over to Zeb. Pardon me, my good sir, he says, but I do believe that Rodian (Dr. Bath) who has been uncomfortably interested in my circuitry ever since my arrival has ties to the Hutts!
    You're raising my suspicions. Why the point at Dr. Bath? Any proof?

*point at topher
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

12. - Top - End - #192

The little Sith lady feels a disturbance in the force about Topher.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

13. - Top - End - #193

Today I wanted to see Korias. Eldritch Knight meant he is the last person who saw the falcon. Or was. When I came there it was just a great mess. A pod-race accident they told me. Back to the start then. Maybe I'll take a look in Lucky's Cantina tomorrow. Oh my dear, I will never find this damned falcon.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Today I wanted to see Korias. Eldritch Knight meant he is the last person who saw the falcon. Or was. When I came there it was just a great mess. A pod-race accident they told me. Back to the start then. Maybe I'll take a look in Lucky's Cantina tomorrow. Oh my dear, I will never find this damned falcon.
    Why do you point at me? State your evidence, for I am not a patient man. Once you have wronged me, I do not forget.

15. - Top - End - #195

((Exclamation: You tried to start a bandwagon against Shadow at two days without giving a reason. That makes me suspicous. He may be a Huttese or an Imperialist but till now he hardly said anything.
    And lynching Shadow in the first days is too easy. If he's a villager you just say "Rule of Shadow, sorry, maybe next time" and that's it then. It's not fun.
    Let the others do the dirty work. If he's a Imperialist the Huttese will kill him and vice versa. If he's a villager maybe both partys kill him. Or both let him life as a lynch-victim.))
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

The grizzled old man hears Zar Peter's argument and agrees that something doesn't seem quite right about Eldritch Knight.
    May your last breath also be your mintiest.

17. - Top - End - #197

I've got to agree with Zar Peter here as well, if Shadow was one of the agitators, he would almost certainly have been dead by now when it's clear that there won't be a successful bandwagon against him.
    He'd almost certainly be among the first to get scried so if he was in either Mafia group, I'm sure they'd have killed him once they couldn't get a bandwagon rolling once or twice which leads me to belive that he's probably nothing more than a villager.
    Therefore, I'll point at EK before he tries to invoke the Rule of Shadow again.
    As for topher, I'd question why he's been targetted by so many so quickly, I doubt the Hutts would make it so blatantly obvious if he really was with them by killing Jontom last night.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Consider this: What is the best way to hide an alliance? Would it not be effective to hide an alliance behind a mask of hostility? Perhaps I was pointing at Shadow to appear as an enemy of his to everyone else while he and I worked together to acertain the identities of those who would threaten the villagers? Perhaps I was pointing at him only because I did not want to put too much thought into this game early on? There are many reasons why I might point at Shadow, but the real reason is simply that I see him as a threat, and have been unable to determine if I can trust him, or if he is actually a true enemy of mine. Thus far, my analysis could go either way. I am open to any suggestions and information others may have, so that we may deal with all threats in an effective manner.

Though, I must say, I agree that topher may in fact be an enemy that must be dealt with.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    *stuff*
    Helgraf, please edit your post as you were killed on Night 2.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

As the Deathstick dealer wakes up, he realises the bloody aftermath that happened in the night.

Ssssssss, whatssssss happendssss?
    Do you, Mr. Topherssss, know anything?
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    AAARRGGHHHH!!! I just spent HOURS at work doing my spreadsheet, and a bit of analysis and just as I get to complete night 3 ... I find I'm dead <sobs>

The first full spreadsheet I've done since Pirates!

Mr Narrator, sir, can I at least email it to whoever wants it? It contains no information that isn't in the public domain.

And this also means that the only game I'm still in is Vampire which seems to be stagnating a bit.
    I have no problem with this at all.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

22. - Top - End - #202

Captain Nibleswick wakes up in his ship which he managed to repair (it only took a whole day working on it), and heads out into town feeling good. All that is keeping him on this rock is the blockade, and hopefully that will be cleared up soon. Nibleswick walks into the cantina, and trips down the stairs, landing at Topher's feet.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry that I'm dead guys. I can only be on every week, so it's not like I'm much help anyways.

Resident Meatloafologist.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Banned

The Sith Assassin, finding a message in his holorecorder, sits down comfortably in his temporary quarters and watches the feed.

Shaking his head after the message is completed, Shadow ponders what to do about this Eldritch Knight character.

An alliance you say? Then tell me friend, what contract we have that escapes my memory.... Shadow thinks to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    ((We apologize for that but I don't have internet access at home at the moment so I can only get on for brief moments at work and Helgraf is having computer issues.))

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

I seriously doubt topher would be stupid enought to kill such obvious choice as Jontom. Therefore, I must conclude somebody wants him death, and that is something I won't allow. I think Zar Peter makes good point about Eldritch Knight so I also think that we should lynch him, not topher.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

The Rodian gurgles and slowly pushes himself off the table, groaning slightly.
    <Ow, my head. What are you yappin' about, droid?> he mumbles as Bushranger moves over to Zeb, as he overhears the protocol droid's words, the Rodian gets up angrily but quickly sits down again wincing. <'M no Hutt. 'S just cause you're insecure, rust bucket. You're not even supposed to be here.>

The Rodian gets up more slowly this time and wanders out of the canteena into the glare of the Tatooine's twin suns, blazing high above. He shields his eyes from the light with his hand and goes over to one of the stalls and buys some bamfa jerky, hoping it will easy the hangover.

The Rodian sits in the porch of a merchant, eating his perchase.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Great voting and participation. Love all the role playing! Two players up for autolynch if they don't vote by day's end - around 24 hours from this post.

They are:
    Cult of the Raven
    Kasz)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

28. - Top - End - #208

Ah whoops.

Kasz wakes up with a start after falling asleep due to the heat and looks around at all the commotion while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Pondering in his mind it goes around and around in circles as he listens to the converstations.
    Hmm, I would agree that if the rule of shadow was such a foolproof thing then shadow would be dead, but then again if EK was a bad guy why draw attention to himself in trying to start it if not just kill him? Though it could be that shadow is a normal guy and EK is a bad guy who just wants to use others to kill him...
    *HEAD ASPLODE*

As for topher it does seem sloppy if he kills the person who accuses him but then again it is somewhat sloppy to point at someone whose accuser is still alive ...so I'll just point say Zeb the Troll.
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

(I just got back on the boards after the boards being down for at least 12 hours. Of course we did get a new comic...

Granted we had a longer day - but if I say "vote by X time" and the players lose time to vote, I have to take that into account.

In other words, I don't know when the boards went down yesterday so I am granting another 12 hours to get votes in.

Sorry if the delay is frustrating.

Day 4 ends today - Friday Dec 14 at 7 PM EST (-6 GMT?)

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Night 4

(Thanks to Topher for the death scene.)

Topher sits patiently awaiting what he knows is coming. Already he can hear the crowd outside yelling and cursing, and what they are shouting is unambiguous.

“We’ve come for you Topher!”
    “We know you were responsible for Jontom’s death!”
    “Kill the damn gangster!”

They are ready for their daily lynching.

“Charge the hanger before he gets away!”

They needn’t worry; Topher has never considered running. At this point what difference would it make; they’d simply hunt him down. With a sigh he meets the crowd at the door just as they are preparing to knock it down. They have come armed; several of the members, who appear to be leading this charge, pull Topher from the doorway, quickly surround him and order blasters be kept on him at all times.

“My friends, you don’t need the weapons, I will go with you. If this is what is necessary to prove my innocence then so be it. But will you all please allow me a few last words.”

Knowing there is no chance for him to escape, the leaders of the mod permit him to speak his piece. They keep their weapons trained on him though, to discourage any foolish attempts at a rescue. Topher can see from the looks on faces that what he has to say will have little effect on these severely enraged people, but that’s no longer the point.

“My brothers, I want you to know that I had nothing to do with Jontom’s death. It seems are enemies have come up with a clever ruse to turn everyone against me. And it has worked. I do not blame you for this. In these times of paranoia and deception, I know you all do what you think is best. Sometimes the obvious choice is the right choice; I just wish you could all see that this is not one of those times. I will now go freely to whatever fate you have in store for me, but ask that you do something for me: find those who would prey upon you, defeat this blockade, and bring justice to a planet gone wrong. But, most importantly, to my old friend Luke, please protect Leia for I am no longer able.”

Following the speech, the members of the crowd look around at each other with unsure feelings. Is he telling the truth? Can we risk it? What are we to do now?

Seeing this reaction from the crowd a lone man raises his voice so as to be heard by all. Topher believes he recognizes the face, but can’t remember from where or when. The man speaks quickly so as not to give him the chance.

“You speak in lies Topher! Are we going to allow this degenerate to poison our minds like this? Have you forgotten so quickly what happened to Jontom? Yesterday he was alive and accusing this man; today he his dead. And I, for one, do not believe in coincidences. We must get rid of this evil before he can take any more of us! Now who’s with me?!”

It doesn’t take much to get the group back into its previous state. The same chants are resumed, now louder and more hateful. The crowd swiftly leads Topher toward the Pit of Sarlaak where he will meet his demise. Only one among them notices what Topher drops along the way. Bending down to investigate, he can’t help the sickening feeling of realization. Turning the ID over, the truth becomes all too clear, the man now being led to his death is not who they thought he was.

Throwing open his cloak he glances down at his lightsaber. “I could easily save him; who amongst them would be able to stop me?” He reaches for the weapon, but his hand stops a few inches from it. The image of Obiwon has appeared before him offering his usual advice.

“Don’t do this”, he tells Luke, “most of them are rebels just like you; they were also deceived. It is too late for Han; you must use your training, and help these rebels to root out the true evil. Make his death not be in vain.”

Obiwon disappears. Knowing Obiwon is right and there is nothing to be done for Han, Luke falls back into the shadows while speaking to a friend he knows can no longer hear him. “I promise to you Han; I will find Leia, and together we will avenge you. Go to the Force my friend.”

Topher was lynched.

Spoiler
    Show
    Topher was a Lover/Han Solo. The Hutt Gangsters have completed their side quest.

Hours later, a lone figure, now dressed in his more customary bounty hunter garb, enters a desert palace. Han almost recognized him; he knows this. Had he been discovered, the crowd could have turned on him and possibly even followed this back to his employer.

Approaching the throne, he thinks better of mentioning it and gets to the point quickly; the Hutts are notorious for being impatient and unforgiving. Also, there is a figure hanging over the rancor pit.

“It is done,” he announces to Jaba.

"MWa hhea mut? (What is done?)"

"Solo. He is dead."

Jabba jumps with joy - a truly horrifying sight - and the figure - Cult of the Raven accidently falls into the pit.

"Whoops! (Whoops!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cult of the Raven was devoured by the rancor (autolynched). Cult of the Raven was a Rebel/Villager.

Night 4 Begins Now. Night 4 Ends at 9 PM CST (-6 GMT).
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-12-14 at 08:29 PM.