Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 67

Thread: A Solar War

  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Alexander

    Watching everyone hurry quietly, Alexander gets his phone out again, then puts it away. About a minute later, he repeats the movement.

    It's important to keep one's self occupied...

    Visibly taking a deep breath, Alex unbuckles his seatbelt, walks over to the beverage cart, and pulls out a soda can. After returning to his seat, he doesn't open it, instead reading off the ingredients, and doing his best to figure out the structures, from what little he could recall of high school chemistry.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Jeff
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised so many people are carrying weapons. Some of them are military recruits afterall. I'll just have to remember not to get on anyone's bad side, thought Jeff.

    Something felt odd about the situation. Some seemed far too accustomed to the crisis than any fresh off the street recruit would. If they were just standard civilians or merchants they would be even less prepared. Either this room was full of ready-made heroes or some of these people new more than they ought.

    Still secretly scanning the room, his eye fell on a fellow recruit consistently pulling out some sort of mobile phone. Remembering the individual as the man who retrieved a beverage during the start of the ascent he continued his watch on his surroundings. One could never be too careful.
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Lift Cabin, 06:38
    Relentlessly, the clock on the wall ticks on, the seconds flying by, with only 280 of them left. Only another four minutes, and while some are still eating or drinking, most were returning to their seats or had already done so. Others had never left theirs, or were suspiciously or curiously eyeballing their surroundings and the other passengers.
    Suddenly, the armrests of your seats extend a small compartment, holding medical patches, pills or autoinjectors, as well as something that looks verymuch like a wristwatch. A voice comes in over the speakers:

    "This is Lift control. In approximately 4 minutes, we will begin unscheduled acceleration. To our knowledge, none of you suffer any dangerous defects of heart, circulation or respiration. Nevertheless, we strongly urge you to connect our remote lifesign monitors. We also provide patches and injecotrs with drugs which easen the stress of high-Gs on your bodies, as well as tranquilizers, should you desire them.

    Sucrose
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slightly shaking, Jermaine picks up to of the pills, hastily swallowing them with the rest of his ginger ale.....


    Moechi
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am aware of the situation, and your incessant nagging will not improve it in any way. Lichtenfels?" the Lcom calls out, with a slight tilt of his head to his aide on the left. The women momentarily looks up from her datapad, as much in reaction to your question as in response to her superior.
    She looks at you, before starting: "Your team is still in transit on the lift. Now I suggest you get on your way" she says, not quite as unfriendly, but still resolutely.
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Alexander

    After strapping on the lifesigns monitor, Alex continues to read the ingredients on the bottle.

    Grinning bemusedly, he turns to Jermaine.

    "You know, we should really remember to bring music players for next time."

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: A Solar War

    cwDeici

    "Yes Sir, yes Ma'am." Deici picks up her card and the baggage and makes her way to the lift entry soonish... after fishing up five prepared bags of snacks, water bottles and chocolate oat biscuits in a duffel bag from under her bunk. Never hurt to be friendly to your new companions on whom you would depend, especially when they would sometimes be forced to nestle in a mecha bay for hours before launch or even to reside within the vehicle itself.
    A lot of pilots got dehydrated from stressing out in the cockpit.
    She takes a seat in the waiting area by the lift entrance, imagining the looks and behavior of her new friends.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The LCom mentioned some baggage. Was he referring to free l00tz and eats or whatever she was carrying? Also, does Deici know which launch bay her team is designated to?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-12-14 at 09:28 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Jeff
    Eying the new medical supplies, Jeff cautiously removes them and adds the various meds and pills to his medical bag, after using one of the injectors to ease the trip. Could never be too careful these days. After pocketing the meds, he strapped the watch like device to his wrist.

    Looking about the room one last time, he settled in for ride.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Used an injector for the soon to come gravitational forces. Not a tranquilizer. Pocketed the rest to the med bag.
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Lift Cabin,06:43

    And suddenly, the lift acclerated, heavily. The Forces pressed you back into your seats, like a giant standing on your chest. 3G....not too terrible, but more than most of you even experienced before, and some people paled with obvious discomfort. Cans dropped from hands gone slack, and sweat ran freely over some faces.
    You did not exactly know how long this was, with the starscape outside barely betraying any motion, allthough a counter on the walls informed you that you were at more than 12 Mach. Halfway through, some of the people passed out, while one guy on the other side twitched restlessly, trying ineefectually to unlock his belt and free himself from the seat. He was muttering incoherent gibberish all the while, and was starting to weird out the people around him. But many couldn´t even muster the energy to sneer....

    Skyhook
    Even with the chaos slowly abating, the racket on the station was unbelievable. Apart from the other six team leaders waiting for their charges, the waiting area and maintenance bay of the lift were crouded with technicians busily hauling crates into safety nets. The unadorned grey metal floor is covered with scrapemarks and stains, and despite two people´s best efforts, conversation in general broke down, more often swallowed by the noise than enjoyed by the participants. You were waiting, as were the paramedics near you, expecting complications from the rapid transit....

    Cabin, 07:40
    Even worse than anything before, this time deceleration hit you, and insted of pressing you downwards, creating the illusion of gravity in orbit, it was puling you upwards into the harnesses. Blood shout to your heads, and the fields of vision narrowed. One unlucky bastard hadn´t properly locked the straps, and was now lying on the ceiling in a sprawled, whimpering heap....

    Skyhook, 08:35
    The long wait had eroded the watchfulness of more than a few people, but that was soon remedied when sirens started to blare all over the station:

    "This is Rear Admiral Beckett. We have detected numerous smaller engine flares, well ahead of the main fleet, only minutes away from the station. An attack is imminent, and station batteries will not be able to neutralize the threat in time. All hands to battlestations, prepare to repel boarders!"

    "Oh sh*t. A f**king drifter attack! one of the Corporals near you exclaimed, visibly shaken. The last of the mechanics dropped whatever they were doing at themoment, as long as it wasn´t dangerous, and ran for shelter. Two mechanics, handling a crate of explosive ordnance, paled, hurriedly trying to stow it away safely, to get out of there.....

    Cabin, 08:35
    Suddenly, a klaxon blared, and the screens to the outside went opaque. the deceleration ceased abruptly. All around you, people were thrown into confusion......

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: A Solar War

    cwDeici

    Celine drops the food, not expecting it to be wanted anymore. Relatively safe and snug in her space armor she taciturnly waits for the door to open when it should.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-12-14 at 09:40 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Alexander

    If I let everyone keep worrying, this'll just snowball. We need order.

    Unbuckling his harness as quickly as possible, Alex shouts above the din,

    "EVERYONE, STAY CALM! Remember your training; this is clearly an emergency situation, and we need every man, woman, or whatever else ready to help."

    Throwing off his seatbelt, Alex bounds out of his seat, and toward the man that had been crushed to the ceiling, to see if the man needed any aid.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Jeff
    High-G relief... right, Jeff thought unbelievingly. The trip had shaken him slightly, but he fared far better than others.

    Following the acrobat's lead, Jeff unbuckles and slings the rifle over his shoulder. Grabbing his med-bag as he went, he approached the group helping the injured recruit.

    "I have some medical experience and supplies on hand. Let me try to help him. You focus on restoring order," Jeff calmly says reassuringly.

    Removing a vial of painkillers from his kit he prepares to begin treating the injured man.

    Spoiler
    Show

    "First Aid" - (1d10+9)[11]

    Also, use one dose of painkiller on the injured recruit.
    Last edited by Fisher; 2007-12-15 at 02:01 AM.
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Lift Cabin, 08:36

    Many stared at you dumbfounded, confused by the sudden charge. Meanwhile, the recruit who had fallen to the ceiling moans weakly as you inspect his broken arm. A semblance of quiet seems to enfold the room, broken only by a single, urgent shout:

    "Watch out, we´re still going at quite some speed. And that means...."

    A meter on the wall was still showing a speed in excess of 9 Mach.....

    Skyhook

    "This is station services. Due to an emergency procedure, we will deactivate artificial gravity on the Lift deck and one deck above in 2 Minutes. All personnel are advised to move to secure stations or handholds"

    Around you, people scramble for the nearest large objects or run for the walls, cursing loudly. Two technicians break from their shelter at a mad run, frantically operationg some kind of console near the lift berth, sweat running freely down their faces while they agitatedly exchange orders and status.......

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: A Solar War

    cwDeici

    Deici takes cover and a good hold behind the chairs, waiting for the techs to finish their job and help deliver her charges. Her index finger gingerly runs across the length of the rifle, turning off the safety with an audible 'click'.

    Perhaps the simple Zero-G classes she had enrolled in over the 24/7 VR studies would pay off proportionately after all.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Prepare for Zero-G: (1d10+13)[15]

    Take Cover from incoming drifter assault (Dodge?): (1d10+15)[19]


    "Don't stray too far!" she yells to the other team leaders. "There may be incoming attacks here at the outer hull but your teams will need you."
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-12-16 at 01:37 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Jeff
    As he tended the man's arm Jeff tried his hardest to remain in a stable position, using his legs to brace himself against the ceiling. As the cabin continued to ascend he could feel the strain on his body steadily increase.

    Using the supplies from his kit, he continued to work on the man's arm, attempting to create a makeshift splint with the available materials.

    Don't worry sir, your going to be alright. If you could hold your arm like this, it'd help me get you patched up a little faster he said while demonstrating how to hold the arm.

    As he worked, he cautiously looked about the room. Things were going from bad to worse, and for some reason it felt like there wasn't much time left. While he was looking about, he paid additional attention to the man who'd been speaking gibberish. Chances were he would need to tend to him next.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure if the kit would come with bandages and the like. Here's a few rolls for while he works.

    BOD Roll - (1d10+5)[10]: Wasn't sure if it'd be needed to maintain footing.
    First Aid - (1d10+9)[15]: Create Makeshift Splint or Create Splint, depending on materials.
    Awareness - (1d10+11)[18]: General. Look about the room, try to notice anything out of place.
    Awareness - (1d10+11)[17]: Specific attention towards the man who was having a psychological breakdown. Discover his current state and whether it's real or fake.
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Alexander

    Quite some speed...Mach 9...NO!

    Turning to the helpful young medic, Alex barks off,

    "If it won't kill him, get that guy strapped in right, and get in yourself."

    We were decelerating, so we're too close to the Skyhook. If we can't fix whatever's wrong here, we'll crash!

    Flipping out his phone, Alex tries to call the Skyhook. Getting no response for his unencrypted message, he restrains himself from throwing his phone to the ground.

    "Does anyone know how this elevator works? If you do, I need your help getting this cage decelerating again."
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2007-12-16 at 07:52 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: A Solar War

    At the mans words, Carus looked up.

    "I don't know how it works, but I've got some experience with unco-operative machines", he commented, with a wry grin, remembering the time one of the drills failed to start. "Admittedly, it's not much, but as they say, better to trust an amatuer then one with no experience if an expert isn't around."

    Bracing himself, he unstraps and 'falls' to the ceiling, before scouring the area for a likely looking panel, before opening it, and looking at the wires within.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Its 1d10+skill+attribute, yes?
    if so:
    [roll0]
    ((Hope I did that right :P))

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Jeff
    "Alright, I'm almost done placing this splint. Just need a second more..."

    While Jeff was tending to the injured man he noticed another recruit begin to unstrap and vault up to the ceiling. As the technician was looking for a panel, he reached into the folds of his cloak and removed the Micro-Tool kit he had stowed in an inner pocket.

    "Here, use this," Jeff shouted as he slid the tools across the "floor". "Might come in handy."
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Cabin, 08:37

    Suddenly, you all were slammed into the ceiling with tremendous force. Breathing became laborous.....Red encroaches onto your field of vision....

    Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    They are now, in an effort to bring you in faster, decelerating at 5G. Everyone make a roll to stay conscious, based on BOD, TN 15. The TN is lowered to 10 if you took the acceleration drugs.


    Skyhook

    The entire station lurched under your feet, rattled from a hit a like a giant´s fist. The light began to flicker. "Mines. Figures." the corporal muttered.....suddenly drifting in the open because gravity had set out. The two technicians near the lift were now positively panicking, looking at some dial, and hastily finicking with some piece of machinery.

    Alarms began to blare. "Alert. we have intruders on this deck. Warning, intruders on this deck. I repeat, we have Intruders on this deck". The Floating corporal was cursing and swearing under his breath, floating in midair, and unslung his pistol, aiming at the ceiling, and firing.
    The shot rang out through the bay, but the recoil put him back in the direction of the floor. Weapons become unslung around you, but as of yet, you can detect no boarders around.....
    Last edited by Kioran; 2007-12-17 at 08:12 PM.
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Alexander

    Pinned against the ceiling, Alex managed to torque his head to see the other two, as they endured the same brutal forces.

    He barely managed to whisper "sorry" before blacking out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Consciousness Check - (1d10+6)[8]
    Really regretting not drugging up, now... though with that sort of roll, it doesn't matter too much.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2007-12-17 at 08:00 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: A Solar War

    cw

    Deici unslings her rifle (scope flipped down) and attempts to become less visible by hiding behind her chair. She readies herself to fire at anyone who might get a line of sight at the technicians, adrenaline pumping through her veins she scans the corridors lining the entrance lobby.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: 1d10+10 (ops. Roll for me please)
    Readying an action to fire if possible.
    Awareness: (1d10+19)[25]
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-12-18 at 03:31 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: A Solar War

    As his body slammed into the ceiling, Carus felt his breath and pulse quicken, as he struggled to stay conscious.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+8)[12] <-- Wrong roll, but you can use if you want
    [roll]1d10+8[/roll]
    (I am rolling right, aren't I? I couldn't see my previous roll...)
    Last edited by Carusun; 2007-12-18 at 06:32 AM. Reason: unused to a laptop keyboard made me roll a d20 :S

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Jeff
    The sudden oncoming gravitational force were nearly overwhelming. Bracing himself against the ceiling, Jeff was barely able to avoid slipping into unconsciousness.

    Crap, if this thing stops soon we'll suffer quite the fall. Gotta get these guys back to their seats.

    The man with the broken arm and the unconscious acrobat would be his first priority. Looking about the cabin, he remembered the straps affixing the cargo to the wall. If any of those straps were locked into the ceiling, there was a chance he could climb down. Inching slowly across the ceiling, he struggles to reach the nearby recruits...


    Spoiler
    Show

    Will edit depending on roll
    Rolls forthcoming in the OC thread.
    BOD Roll - (1d10+5)[13] vs 10
    Last edited by Fisher; 2007-12-19 at 01:32 AM.
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Skyhook, 08:38

    With an unveiled expression of relief, the two technicians lept free of the lift, while a red light was flashing above it´s control panel. Most of the petty officers had drawn their weapons, waiting for the shoe to drop, and thus paid little attention to the lift cabin rapidly approaching the cradle, braking all the while....

    Lift Cabin

    Fisher
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Tachometer on the wall still showed a speed in excess of 4 mach. The station was out there somewhere - and it was rapidly coming closer even while your hand reached out for the first of the cargo straps. Your body felt sluggish under all the weight, and you were having trouble doing more than taking a hold of the strap, while all the while, people in the cabin looked on with impotence, frustration or despair....
    When motion finally comes, you´re as surpirsed as the rest - it felt like solidly hitting a brick wall, and you were immediately thrown clear of the ceiling, feeling like you were falling - yet hanging in place, only lazily and slowly drifting towards the ground. The other Floater women comes up and peered into your face, asking: "Can you move?"


    Skyhook, 08:39
    With a sudden, reverberating noise, like a hammer hitting an anvil, the cabin hit the emergency cradle. A crown of shock-resorbent foam had formed around the lift`s head, deformed by the impact, with chunks flying around the bay in the weightlessness, even while the doors opened, and crewmen and NCO´s were surging forward.

    "This is lift control. We have several casualties on board. Corporal Steckler is hereby instructed to dissassemble his squad and instead organize the evacuation of wounded or psychologically unfit personel to the nearest infirmary."

    One of the Corporals cursed, immediately barking orders to those inside the lift......

    Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, you´re not out - those of you who lost consciousness will regain it - not immediately, but after my next post. Those who are still conscious may decide freely what to do or say - I will clarfiy this in the OOC-Thread
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Jeff
    "Yeah, I'm alright. Just got the wind knocked out of me is all," he lazily grinned.

    Looking up towards the ceiling and taking note of the situation he commented, "They on the other hand don't seem to be doing too well. I'm gonna try to get them down before they drift out of reach. If you want, I could use some help.

    Pausing a moment he added, "Name's Jeff by the way."

    Attempting to gain his bearings, he tried to stabilize himself in the awkward gravity. All the while thinking, Blasted gravity. I'll take a patch of land to stand on any day.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If needed, Jeff will offer support or leverage to the floater woman to help her stabilize in the gravity.

    Zero-G - (1d10+8)[9]
    Last edited by Fisher; 2007-12-20 at 04:02 PM.
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: A Solar War

    cwDeici

    Would it be useful?
    Probably, and undoubtedly necessary for morale and respect.

    Wiedhurst gives up her defensive position and bounds from the rack of chairs into the symbiotic mess at the lift, shouting out the names of her charges. "Geotan, Jeffrey, Serakin, Alexander! Hand Wiedhurst present. Incoming momentum out! Take cover by waiting area and cover lift with small arms."

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-12-21 at 11:59 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Jeffrey + Celine
    Spoiler
    Show
    A slight smile played over her face as she, clumsily, reached out for your arm, and yanked you around in the right direction with surprising strength "Call me Raine, of the Serakin family." She said, while hurling you downward, herself drifting to and colliding with the ceiling, fumbling for a handhold, but thrown off course.
    Cursing, she freewheels in the room, groping for some kind of handhold. Meanwhile, NCOs come into the room, reading of lists of names, while one of them commandeered three others and brought in two collapsible stretchers. Around you, the lift was a seething mass of bodies milling around, floating in midair. Quite a few of them drifted around helplessly, like you.

    Even while a small female NCO shouted your name, another one, a corporal by his insignia, moves past her towards you, reaching for Raine´s ankle and grabbing it "Sorry, she´s with me.", he says, smiling under his mustache, dragging her behind him and assembling a string of Infantrymen. Meanwhile, there was a short violent outbreak as two people press down the guy with the nervous breakdown before a third pressed an injector to the man´s neck. With a hiss it discharged, the panicking recruit going limp in seconds.


    Carus + Alexander
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those off you who were disabled until now come to when Corporal Steckler gave you a slap and shone a light into your eyer to test your reactions "No brain injury or concussion. Good.". A brief nod, before he hurls you towards a petite woman in an armored spacesuit in the middle of the room.
    The world was still spinning a little, and the dizziness and grogginess had not yet fully abated, and Alexander felt a dull pain in his back were a handhold had dug into his flesh under the fierce acceleration. That one was sure to leave a nasty bruise...


    Even while strings of people formed up before the lift, the Corporal who had grabbed Raine already bega to shout orders: "Team 32, you´re with me. Over there, you will receive Rifles. One Rifle and 4 cells per person. You will check these weapons, then load ´em. And don´t waste your time, we have somewhere to be.".
    At the age of the plattform, in the direction the corporal had pointed, you can see a brutishly large man in a spacesuit, lugging to large trunks behind him, drifting forward.....

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: A Solar War

    "Team 82, ready weapons and assemble! We must be present at the mecha bay!"

    Celine attempts to catch Geotan and Alexander.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+13)[18]

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Jeff
    As he watched Raine and the others depart, Jeff pondered Serakin... where have I heard that name before...

    There was no time to dwell on that. No sooner had they arrived when various officers were barking orders. That was one of the few things he missed from his nomadic days, the amount of freedom you could approach a situation. Retrieving the few belongings he possessed, he met up with the group forming around the female officer.

    Sometime during the impact of the crash his toolkit was lost in the shuffle of the evacuation, probably slid underneath a cargo crate. If time allowed, he'd have to return later and look for the blasted thing.

    "Reporting for duty. So what's the situation?" he says while dispensing a lazy salute.
    Last edited by Fisher; 2007-12-22 at 10:37 PM.
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: A Solar War

    "Jeffrey? This is red alert. We have drifters on this deck." Celine nods.
    "Ready your weapon and take cover then follow me."
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-12-23 at 04:49 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: A Solar War

    Alexander

    So, we're under this lady's command?

    Pulling his Automag from its shoulder holster, Alexander checks it to make sure nothing was damaged during his little bout with the ceiling, then flicks off the safety, and loads the gun.

    Turning to the girl that caught him, he smiles, flips down his helmet's visor, and says,

    "Roger that; ready for duty, ma'am."

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: A Solar War

    She smiles back at him, putting two fingers to her visor and drawing them down, indicating for him to lower his visor. "Name?" she shouts with her tiny voice in reply. "Help me catch our last member."

    ...

    "OK, men, follow me at about 6 meters distance with a corridor-wide spread to the flanks and rear. We are heading to Mechabay III."

    With that she kicks off with both legs towards the bay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •