New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus of the Future I - Floating Dreams of Riches - Starts 12/15/2007

Fine miss, I apologise for saying you were smelly. And I doo have a cat see.

Draken reaches for the box on his back, and pulls a gray cat out of it.

Sure, it is not a common cat, but Mr. Whosdisfol is very calm and very well trained.

The cat hisses angrily at Emperor Demonking.

(>.>

No, I am not changing my point just to save myself from a first day linch )
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus of the Future I - Floating Dreams of Riches - Starts 12/15/2007

Looking himself in the mirror in the bathroom, he sees an old man with a sagging face and a long white beard
    "If only, If only i had my razor..."
    !Finds an razor!
    "if only i remembered how to shave..."
    starts to shave his beard, but immediately gets cut
    "Blasted razor, out to get me!"
    Throws the razor onto the nearby table and takes out his hammer, astounding the young fellow next to him
    "Oh, sorry did an piece of the razor hit you?"
    before the man can do anything
    "Oh, your fine, just a little scratch can't do anything to you"
    Starts to walk out and trips an slight piece of unleveled masonry

"Blasted floor!"
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Zombie Invasion
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    Nexus of the Future

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    A voice blares over the intercom system, "The Shop has now run out of Personal Clones. Other items are running out fast. These limited edition items are unique to Nexus so hurry and buy one now to commemorate you journey into the depths of the Universe."

Permission to say "I told you so". Way too much money and everything is way too cheap. This was almost the problem with YOW II except that the things cost enough that most people had to wait to get lucky in the desert before they could buy.

I'm also a bit peeved because I was last on just before the game started and was waiting to see what the real prices for the actual game would be (you said you would probably change them) before PMing a purchase. Now it's too late to buy a clone.

Even if I hadn't spent Sunday with my girlfriend and not got online all day I probably still would have been sufficiently inconvenienced by timezones as to not actually get to buy anything. What's the betting that those who live in a suitable timezone all have bought clones and those who live in the next best timezone all have heads in a jar, and so on.

And yes, I am a bit bitter. Anyone want my ten galactic credits that I never got a chance to spend?

Which does kinda beg the question, why in gaming balance's name have more money in the game than there is stuff to buy? There becomes no strategy in choosing what to buy - most people end up buying whatever's left. And money becomes useless as soon as the shop is empty. No room for dealing and bartering.
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2007-12-17 at 05:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

An unkempt man with dreadlocks runs into the Nexus, late as ever. He looks around at all the conversation and desperately tries to catch up with things. He starts looking more and more confused until he almost goes cross-eyed.

"Hi guys, I'm Lave Blister, just along for the ride I guess. This place sure is great isn't it? Hey you, why are all the items out of stock already? I wanted to get myself a curry."

Lave Blister points at MK Kilmarnock.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Korias, who had been listening to some music while sleeping, suddenly hears the stock of the store is low. Realizing that he didnt buy anything, he curses. Despite this, he seems unfazed- But he does notice a strange Robot (Salmon) walking around.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Do not disturb my baking!

I scold at Emperor demonking for doing that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Even if I hadn't spent Sunday with my girlfriend and not got online all day I probably still would have been sufficiently inconvenienced by timezones as to not actually get to buy anything. What's the betting that those who live in a suitable timezone all have bought clones and those who live in the next best timezone all have heads in a jar, and so on.
    ((Sharing the feeling, JX. Let's see what happens now...

By now, I make a totally OOC point at Keris Rain
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

8. - Top - End - #128

Point at PirateMonk because ninjas beat pirates and monks put together!!

@V: You hate what now?
    Last edited by topher; 2007-12-17 at 11:08 AM.
    You haven’t got a womb. Where’s the fetus gonna gestate; you gonna keep it in a box?
    Don’t fear the darkness, fear what it hides.

Spoiler
    Show

Avatar and sig picture by kpenguin.

9. - Top - End - #129

topher cause i hate liars pirate rule

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

(( Unfortuneatly, I will not be able to post for the next 2 weeks, maybe shorter, due to my wireless adapter frying and finals. I am on Hiatus. Thank you!))
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

(I get the feeling that there will be things to spend money on later in the game. Though it will be interesting having so many powerful items floating around)

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

((OOC: ahh nuts, I forgot about this game, but I should be more active now))

Corax wakes up and groans, "Owww my head". he looks around and points at radikalskippy, "You. What been happening, and the shop has run out already? Ahh well..." Corax wanders off and watches the preacher for a while.
    Takes avatar Requests Portfolio
    Spoiler
    Show

Trophies By LiB, Oblivion and Me

13. - Top - End - #133

OldWizardGuy

24 Hours Notice until end of day.

Get your votes in!

The following people have NOT voted:
    • Jontom Xire
    • pingcode20
    • lilbenji25
    • Doseki
    • PirateMonk
    • Freshmeat_
    • detrevnisisiht
    • Ranna
    • onasuma
    • huyneo

RE: Items

New items will appear. Items will be costy, but if you pinch your pennies, good things may happen. Also when people are lynched, their items magically get teleported BACK to the store, where due to the large demand, they will be placed up for AUCTION!

Items that are held by people will be announced, and a public bidding war starts. Pooling of resources is allowed.

Special Abilities and using items
    Please send BOTH Pwenet and CurlyKitGirl a PM when you want to use items.

Auctions! - These are two items that will be available for bidding at the start of Day #2
    • From Pwenet Corpse - Key to the Ship - Found on the ground near where he took a jump outside the ship, this key will allow you to every other night wander throughout the ship, looking whereever you please.
      Effect: Every other day you get a scry.
    • From CurlyKitGirl Corpse - Cute little kitty - Like her cute little kitten who always followed her everywhere; even into death, this corpse gives you the ability to double your Day Points because you're so cute and irresistible.
      Effect: Double Day Votes.
    Last edited by Pwenet; 2007-12-17 at 06:24 PM.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Fin decides to explore the rest of the ship, hoping he can find some means to make Lord Fullbladder stop saying Crabs!

Seeing the PGCoD he offers him one of his chocolate covered brazil nuts before wandering off.
    Last edited by Fin; 2007-12-17 at 05:19 PM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus of the Future I - Floating Dreams of Riches - Day 1

"Hmm, maybe soup would be nice.. no maybe a sandwich..."
    As he is heading over to the kitchen, he trips over Jontom Xire's shoe
    "Watch it pal, don't go strutting everywhere just because you have more money"
    Shakes his fist angrily at Jontom Xire
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Zombie Invasion
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    Nexus of the Future

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

(( w00taga! Internet is fixed! Who knew it was just a little borken as opposed to completely fried. Anywho.......))

*Points at Salmon*
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

*refuses to make a point without any kind of evidence at all*
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

18. - Top - End - #138

Still not happy with items. Those fortunate enough to get in there early get them cheaper then the rest of us poor saps. If you add new items back to the shop, why not leave them at the same price as before so us poor saps who never got a look in can make as much use of our cash as the lucky ones.

Also are the auctions public? Whoever gets the ship's key, if not an alien, will be recruited or killed by them. Ergo if whoever wins the key doesn't get killed the night after they win it they will get lynched the following day for being an alien.

Huyneo, I'd rather have a clone or juicy cheap item than money. You can have my money if you like...if you give me equivalent value of items. Then you can strut around if that's your bag. And it ain't my fault if you're clumsy enough to trip over my shoe. Maybe you should watch where you're going.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

19. - Top - End - #139

Ok, all clean! Hmm i want jello.

*Looks at PGCoD*

((Retaliatory of course ))
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

Ahhhh I feel much better now, where did I put my stuff.

Knocking in Draken

sorry bout that, have you seen where I may have left my things. It's a large whiskey bottle and and an axe.

21. - Top - End - #141

OldWizardGuy

No more points will be accepted from this point on!!!

Also I wish to apologize for issues and me not being quick to reply. Going through a divorce is..... taxing mentally. It is taking a bit of time to get used to, but I'm getting through it. I have my good days and my bad days.

Apologizes once again.

And everyone thank CurlyKitGirl for being a EXCELLENT Co-DM and stepping up to the plate.

In terms of the auctions and the shop, that is being worked out. But everything EXCEPT the special items will be one-time use items.
    Last edited by Pwenet; 2007-12-18 at 04:53 PM.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Firbolg in the Playground

Day 1 ends.

The Shop Voice calmly speaks, "The Day has ended. Due to the suspected Alien problem we request that all passengers make their way to their cabins. I repeat: All passengers please return to their cabins for safety." Still shocked over the events that occured mere hours ago many of the passengers walk, like automatons, towards their allocated cabins.
    Yet, in a small percentage of the refugees the shock and fear transmuted into
    a vicious anger; anxious to take it out on anyone. Accusations fly back on forth.
    "Draken!"
    "Emperor Demonking!"
    And unseen visitors twisted fate. A young man from the crowd shouted, "I'm, from the year 3 000! And I brought with me a Gamma-Ray Scope. It's 100% proof of Alien infestation identification." Seizing Emperor Demonking he says, "If it ain't him who's infected it's Draken." And Fry turned on the Gamma-Ray Scope. At first Demonking felt fine, but then he started sweating profusely and wriggling. "That'll be the Alien then." says fry confidently, but his smile fades as he catches the unmistakable whiff of searing flesh.
    Swining his Gamma-Ray Scope around off turning it off Fry stared at Demonking's disfigured features. Warped and twisted like a Picasso painting. But it didn't stop.
    His body sloped and twisted into a vile mess and his crumbling bones flred into view as the flesh dripped off Emperor Demonking's body.
    Aghast the onlookers could only stare at the poor creature, for though he suffered no pain he could see each and every contortion that happened to him. His eyes, the sole truly human thing aboutthe wreck of a man were wide in horror.
    Finally, a compassionate heart amongst the crowd took pity upon the Emperor and shot him in between the eyes. Afterwards, they agreed that the look of thanks and sheer happiness in Demonking's eyes was what would haunt them.
    Emperor Demonking had died. So everyone thought. a slightly robotic version of Emperor Demonking walks out of the cabin alloted to the supposedly deceased passenger. "Hello, I was the Personal Clone of Emperor Demonking, but his death has activated me. I am now Emperor Demonking. Activating memories now." A small whistle emantes from the Clone and it takes on the exact identity, shape and character of Emperor Demonking.

Emperor Demonking was lynched, but was saved by his Personal Clone.
    Sadly, Ominous and Dean Fellithor were both caught in the Gamma-Ray Scope and died unnoticed by anyone until the next day. Both were Refugees (Villagers)

Night One starts now and ends in 48 hours.

Please PM all Night Actions to both narrators as well as any Item usage.

Now for some housekeeping. PLEASE READ:
    It is permissable to sell items between players PROVIDING you PM us the final agreement, preferably one copy from each person so we know noone's been fiddling with the books.

All items except the corpses (mine and Pwenets') are ONE USE ITEMS.

And concerning any special roles: Should you have a special ability it will activate by night attack, lynch or scry.

And for auctions and shops: GMT to GMT+5 (or those in very awkward time zones) may reserve items or gain a small discount/allowance when it comes to auctions. More deatials will be certain by the beggining of Day 2 so calm down JX () and everyone else.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Firbolg in the Playground

Once more we have had queries about items.

All items are ONE USE ONLY.
    To use an enquiry I received: Demonking's Personal Clone will be making its way back to the shop because Demonking's orginal body is a pile of post-modern art currently being ejected from the ship. The Clone IS Demonking and should he have any other items or actions he can use them because he is still alive.

Every item that is one use can only be used once in the entire game. Not once per person.
    Once again: use the item and it dies; implodes; is rendered unuasable again by any other person; it crumbles into rust molecules, it goes to Machine Heaven (where else would all the little calculators go?), it goes to meet its Maker (TM), it runs down the artificial coil and joins the choir invisible. It is no more.

Guess where the quotes/adapations are from if you dare run the risk...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"You killed me, how dare you."

25. - Top - End - #145

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    "You killed me, how dare you."
    But you got better...
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"I'm pretty sure we want to kill someone who pointed for me. Someone contain the area."

27. - Top - End - #147

OldWizardGuy

24 Hours remaining in the night!

Get your night actions in!
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well this is gonna suck for people who can't do anything..
    otherwise... someone is gonna get an hurt tonight.
    Last edited by huyneo; 2007-12-19 at 07:10 PM.
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Zombie Invasion
    Nexus of the Future

29. - Top - End - #149

"Huh..... what curious circumstances...." MK thought about a lot of things, having several internal conversations running almost at the same time as he tried to get a good night's sleep. He thought about what happened to DemonKing, and how it could have been him.. one person even pointed at him. "What a curious series of predicaments...."

30. - Top - End - #150

OldWizardGuy

No more night actions will be accepted from this point on.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show