New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Nexus of the Future I - Floating Dreams of Riches - Day 1

Night #1 Ends

Like mice looking for cheese, various figures run through the corridors, and air vents look to complete goals. Some succeed, others are jammed, and others fall asleep bored.

Yet come morning, one fact holds true. Nobody has died!

Nobody funeral shall be held at 0900 hours.

At the funeral for Nobody, as everyone stood around the coffin capsule, words were said, heads were bowed, and little flowers were drapped over it.

With bagpipes playing, the coffin is fired off. Yet oddly enough, pingcode20 was attached to it! He is sucked out into the void of space to his death before anyone could react.

Due to a shortage of coffins one will not be wasted on pingcode20. Nor did he have anything of value on him.

Summary of Events:
    • Pingcode20 was auto-lynched per player request. His role has been reassigned.
    • A secret role was activated
    • Some roles were shifted
    • Someone was jammed
    • Some people gained items

Auctions!
    • Key to the Ship – 5G Starting Bid – Found on the ground near where Pwenet took a jump outside the ship, this key will allow you to every other night wander throughout the ship, looking whereever you please.
      Effect: Every other day you get a free 100% accurate scry.
    • Cute little kitty - Like her cute little kitten who always followed her everywhere; even into death, this corpse gives you the ability to double your Day Points because you're so cute and irresistible.
      Effect: Your vote counts double!

Day 2 Begins! Get your votes on!
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

The character without an identity walks in.

"Well, at least no one died tonight. I bid 6 G for the Key to the Ship!"
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"RadikalSkippy Random point as I'm going away and don't want to be auto lynched."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

Well that was more than a little weird. What are the chances of one person jamming another on the first night!

And what is all this shifting of roles. Obviously Pingcode20's role was shifted, but it said roleS. Who else got a role shift?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

" Well, Bye-bye Pingcode, you shall not be missed"

" OOH! Shiny kittie! I bid two GP for the kittie! Also, I point at RadikalSkippy"
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

6. - Top - End - #156

BardGuy

The chess playing young man emerges from his room, set in hand...

"Anyone up for a game? Frigs, would you care to test wits with me over a chessboard?"

(I'll bid 3 gp on the cat)
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Lave Blister comes out of his quarters, yawning after just waking up. He's wearing stained underpants and an equally stained ancient Led Zepplin t-shirt. It seems to be covered in curry. He blinks in the light and does his best to take in the situation through his bleary red-rimmed eyes.

"God, what a night! I need a Bhuna and a lager, great way to start the day."

Lave Blister looks around and his gaze falls upon Frigs.

"Hey, do you's know where we keep the curry?"

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

I bid 7 GP for the key of the ship
    Frigs, do you play chess?
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2007-12-21 at 09:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

9. - Top - End - #159

Frigs
    (bids 10)

10. - Top - End - #160

OldWizardGuy

In the main room where everyone is at, you all notice the sounds of something counting down. Looking around you notice a monitor on the wall playing the following scene from a movie. Strangely enough there is a strange echo effect, as if something in the room is also counting down at that very second.

Clicky for Movie that is Playing

At the point where the ship explodes, a REAL explosion takes place in the room, sending debris flying everywhere, but miraculously, nobody is killed, for he is already dead (Groans).

Picking through the debris, several of you find tiny bits of a homemade scanner that was apparently just recently used to scan someone. The timing of the scanner self-destructing and the movie that was playing just happened to be a freak coincidence.

Note from the Narrators

Please POST WHAT YOU ARE BIDDING ON, otherwise it will not be counted and we will steal your money for annoying us!
    Last edited by Pwenet; 2007-12-21 at 01:42 PM.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

11. - Top - End - #161

Lave Blister ...
    Ok, managed to ignore it before, but add several units of alcohol, and...

Shouldn't that be Lave Dister?

Oh and what's with the home-made scanner? I thought they were only used during the day to scan someone who might be escaping lynching by using holographic thingamajigger.

I think I'm going to need a new spreadsheet format to track this game. Preferably something with a few extra dimensions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

This night was not a peaceful one for Rudy. Alcohol induced sleep didn't help his already severe nightmares, and this night they were especialy cruel. The quarrel with the french guy from previous guy didn't help, aliens speaking French and eating frogs and snails chasing him over the fields of second world war, shooting him with champagne bottle caps.

“If this doesn't improve soon I'll kill somebody. WHERE IS THAT STINKING FRENCH GUY!!! IT'S HIS FAULT, EVERYTHING IS HIS FAULT.!“

Just at that moment something beside him decided to explode and that was over the edge.

“All right, who's the wise guy? Better show himself out, that way I'll kill him soon. Otherwise, the torture is something he isn't getting away from!“

He then spots the souvenir seller.

“I smell a fox here. Not an ordinary fox even. It's a PhantomFox, one of the rarest species of foxes know to men. One of most dangreous even. I remember hunting one of them, way back when they weren't exinted. Took me five months to catch it. Bugs Bunny was nothing compared to them. Keep him away from me. KEEP HIM AWAY FROM ME!!“

Screeching, he runs away.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Ok, managed to ignore it before, but add several units of alcohol, and...

Oh and what's with the home-made scanner? I thought they were only used during the day to scan someone who might be escaping lynching by using holographic thingamajigger.

I think I'm going to need a new spreadsheet format to track this game. Preferably something with a few extra dimensions.
    ((Heh. I think it's deliberate. Although I have to say that when I saw that I was confused a little bit. But his death scene (should it ever be needed) is mine for the writing. And the narrators thank you for the compliments. Roughly nine dimensions are needed per day. ))

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vavaara is wandering aimlessly around the room, contemplating the death of Pingcode20, when the explosion tears through the room. Jumping up slightly, her curious nature takes over and shef sifts through the debris of the home-made scanner, looking for anything useful. While doing this, she overhears Mordokai talking about killing innocent foxes, and she moves towards him. "Where do you's get off killin' inn'cent aminals, mistah!" She is distracted during her tirade, however, when she spots an insanely cute item up for auction. "Oooh... 4 GC for teh cat!"
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

*Points at frigs* *considers roleplaying a bit* *decides its to late in the day*
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Dewey looks offended at Mordokai's accusation.

I may be a Vulpinian, but I assure you that I have no evil intentions. Buisness is my game, and dead customers don't give buisness. Please, stop scaring away the customers. But soon I'll have "I survived the alien attack" shirts ready for selling! Do you want one RadikalSkippy? We got lots of stuff to help you boast about your incipant survival of this hopefully short lived tragedy.

(Big 7 GP for the cat)
    Last edited by PhantomFox; 2007-12-21 at 09:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

BardGuy

8 gp for the cat!
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

18. - Top - End - #168

MK approached the vulpine souvenir seller from behind, though not with any intentional attempt to sneak up on him or anything of the sort. "You... take an odd advantage of this sort of thing, you know..." He stated, looking at PhantomFox. "Not entirely sure what to think, except... maybe, should I survive, I'll buy some of those wares. Maybe."
    (10 gp on the cat.)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Fullbladder turns his tangents upon Mordokai.

"Ye've just seen your own planet pummeled to dust and you turn to killing off what is possibly the last of one our world's beautiful creatures?! By the Crab, man! Are you daft? These genetic structures must be maintained, for future generations to enjoy--if there are any, that is. I'm still certain we're all going to die.

"Sure, lad, the Merchant Fox is undoubtably one of Nature's greatest blunders, but if Mankind is any indication, blunders are to be cherished, not slaughtered! You, sir, a cad! Have some pride for your mother planet!

"Refugees, the lot of us. No longer should we seperate ourselves between Frenchman, Englishman, American or even Fox. We are merely Earthling now."

His tangent derailed by his own shifting mind, Fullbladder turns away and places the fingertips of one hand against the window, staring into the abyss beyond.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2007-12-21 at 10:22 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I am curious indeed on your accusations, Frigs. Care yo explain why do you jump so easily over me?
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

"Outta my way, talky talky guy" *points at Fullbladder* "Man with a short bladder coming through."

(Semi-random point)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

22. - Top - End - #172

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

"Ahem. Fullbladder be a surname. Passed down through the generations father to son since Time Forgot, as it were. It has nothing to do the carrying capacity of my vitals, thank ye verra much."

Fullbladder turns from the window and lights a cigar at Aemoh, non-accusingly.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

23. - Top - End - #173

The "3rd post in a bandwagon" theory was neatly exploited in a recent game where the bad guys started lots of successful bandwagons.

So I'm pointing at Shishnarfne for starting this one against Frigs. By the same token I was considering pointing at Emporer Demonking, but the Frigs bandwagon is bigger and hence more suspicious.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

((As Curly says, it's deliberate. I looked at the name and decided Blister was a more disgusting last name that still fits ))

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

25. - Top - End - #175

The "3rd post in a bandwagon" theory was neatly exploited in a recent game where the bad guys started lots of successful bandwagons.

So I'm pointing at Shishnarfne for starting this one against Frigs. By the same token I was considering pointing at Emporer Demonking, but the Frigs bandwagon is bigger and hence more suspicious.
    That seems worth a try.
    Points at Shishnarfne
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

Confused by random bandwagons and more random bandwagons started against starters of random bandwagons , Topher points randomly at DarkCorax.
    You haven’t got a womb. Where’s the fetus gonna gestate; you gonna keep it in a box?
    Don’t fear the darkness, fear what it hides.

Spoiler
    Show

Avatar and sig picture by kpenguin.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

I pointed at RadikalSkippy because he smells like an alien should.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

28. - Top - End - #178

BardGuy

So, your logic seems to say that because people are following my completely random point, I am more likely a WW? Wouldn't this be suspiciously early for them to try to follow this point?

I'll agree with standard bandwagon logic that the assembly of this bandwagon makes it less likely that Frigs IS a WW, but I don't see how it follows that I am more likely to be one. However, some of the people following me might see this as a more convenient one... And why not Radikalskippy, who others were pointing at earlier?

Edit: Removed point, it would be too suspicious now, and I don't really think RS is more likely to be an Alien... I don't have data, so I guessed, and as this is day 2, and no night kill, that's really all that I can do.
    Last edited by Shishnarfne; 2007-12-22 at 09:53 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Monsieur Légume Pourri plays a bit with his moustache before waving his hand dismissively at Libenji25.
    "I haven't seen the guy with the baseball cap since he stepped on this ship. At least, I think he wore a baseball cap..."

"Anyway! Until we get more evidence, I'll point at that suspicious fellow. If I'm right you'll all be like 'Oh you're just like that Poirot fellow!' and then I'll be like 'no, the name is Pourri. Légume Pourri."

The strange Frenchman walks away chuckling quietly to himself before bidding 8GC on the key of the ship.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #180
    Banned

Flumph

I bid 9GC for the key and point at Freshmeat for outbidding me.