New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The world's largest dungeon

Heh heh heh... sure, why not?

Always befriend the big guy. It's served well before, and at least now Garret won't be quite so unprotected if things turn ugly.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

OldWizardGuy

Deran

Walking down Deran approaches the side door, checking to see if it is locked he gives it a tug.

Well best not stand around all day, time to take the path provided for us.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Argal looks apalled at Deran, What about his pretty blade? "But Mr. Preacher, what about my pretty blade? Want it!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hey there laddie! Slow down a bit, I think some of the others still haven't made their way into the cave yet.

OOC: I think our DM wants to make sure everyone has posted recently before moving on.
    When we drink we get drunk,
    when we're drunk we pass out,
    when we're asleep we commit no sin,
    when we commit no sin we go to heaven,
    ... So lets all get drunk and go to Heaven!
    -Brian O'Rouke

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Looking confused and slightly jilted, Argal sits down on the floor again with his halberd and flint, looking at Garret he smiles a toothy grin; Come Mr. Pixie Thief sit here with Argal. Tell me about you.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Tolsimir

"Shut up will you?
    " says tolsimir to the half-orc "I am TRYING to get prepared to kill." as he swings his sword against the wall from an impressive distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

OldWizardGuy

Deran

Scowling at the Orc he speaks out of the side of his mouth to the Dwarf, Not all journies travel at the same speed or along the same trail, but they all lead to the same place. To each his own path.

As for your Blade, no one is stopping you, why do you sit here instead of going onward? And don't call me Preacher.

OOC: I am well aware.
    Last edited by Kaelik; 2007-12-06 at 01:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Argal looks at Tolsimir; You bad at killing? You must be! Only fools prepare to kill! My people kill very well, I kill when I have to. With this comment Argal laughs heartily, then turning to Deran;
    I came with everything, we do things together, there are nasty things round here. I call you Preach if I want it all you do!

OOC: Yeh I pushed myself in a corner, I know we shouldnt leave, I typed before I thought and then well I stuck to character!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

The door is not locked. As Deran gives it a tug, the door opens slightly, the edge disappearing into a blackness that lies just beyond.You allow the door to open completely and watch as more and more of it is swallowed in the barrier until only it's hinges are visible.Peering cautiously into the darkness for signs of movement, you see nothing.Even your ears can only detect the breathing of your fellow adventurers.The dark space reveals nothing of what lies beyond.

DM: Yes, I would have rather waited for all of you to get ready...meh
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

OldWizardGuy

Deran

Peering at where the door disappeared Deran smiles, Well look at that, odd how the door isn't evenly slightly visible. Almost supernatural. I wonder where that dark magic obsessed fellow is, you know the crazy one. With my luck he should be here any minute to investigate this.

OOC: We don't have to leave yet, I was just opening the door.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garret was simultaneously insulted and amused by his new title. Mr. Pixie Thief. Not a bad ring to it, excluding of course his masculinity. Still, there was no problem with sitting with the lummox to wait. There was little better to do just yet.

Well, Greenie, I'm not much for the eye. Never was much for battle either, too grim and too much risk for me. I prefer a cleverer sort of game, the kind you can't bash to death. Traps and trickery are my delight, and that's why I'm worth having around; you might be able to kill twenty goblins a minute, but you can't stop a wall from collapsing on you. I can.

Bullseye.

12. - Top - End - #42

James grumbles irritably as he follows the rest of the party into the dungeon, something about a wagon is heard as they pass the titan. He twitches and jumps at the mention of Pixies, growling to himself and muttering as his teammates throw barbed insults at one another.

Still, once in the dungeon he takes care to stuff the bells hanging from his mail with felt stoppers. It never paid to let them know you were coming.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

OldWizardGuy

Deran

Hey you. The crazy one, check this out? Supernatural?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Tolsimir

Tolsinir sighs as he turns to argel and says "Silly halfbreed. there is a deference between killing, and killing in style." and while saying that he makes a fancy spin of the sword, and clearly demonstrating his superior reach.

Then he takes out the SiMA (Shoved in My Armor) everlasting torch as gives it to james saying "Hold this you nutshell."

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

15. - Top - End - #45

Kobold

DM: you keep talking and investigating the darkness...i will go to bed in 5 minutes...will reply tomorrow...

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

No I don't like walls falling over me. You kill my walls and I kill Your Goblins.
    Turning to Tolsimir, Argal watches his sword moves then says; Killing is killing. Killing in style wont get you no further than rough killing. My blade is better than yours.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Tolsimir

"Want to put that into the test?"
    says tolsimir with a snob voice "I'll fight you anyday." and after a shot thought he adds "If you have to honor for a clean fight."

He takes a short phase and says "Let me tell you something." again with a snob voice "Bloodlust is good and all, but a true warrior turn to honor. and style is a part of honor. without honor you are not better then an animal."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Not that I mind watching combat, but we shouldn't kill each other over petty nonsense. Style and honor are all well and good, but why bother fighting about small things when there are more pressing matters to deal with? Treasure, for instance, and making sure I don't bite the dust.

19. - Top - End - #49

James gives Deram a dirty look that slides off the cleric, bounces off one of the walls and fixes on him again like pale augors.

"We're all crazy friend, some of us just don't know it yet."

And he giggles, finding this statement wildly amusing. Still, he walks over to the doorway to inspect it anyway. As Tolsimir hands him the Everlasting Torch he blinks, and nods gratefully. After a few moments of examining the doorway, waving the torch at it, and generally looking like he was doing something, James straightens.

"Definately magical. Can't see through it."

Of course, he was stating the blatantly obvious, but he'd been surprised before at how often that was exactly what people wanted from him. Still... Out of the corner of his eyes he studies the door critically, mentally running through old books and references he had seen on things of this nature.

Knowledge: The Planes roll in ooc.
    Last edited by SeekerInTheNight; 2007-12-06 at 06:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground

Todd Gansett

A man of average height and weight, wearing a tan outfit that looks suited for spelunking, minus a miner's helmet, runs up, panting with exertion. He pulls a cloth out of a curious little bag hanging from his waist ((think: fanny pack)) and wipes his forehead while catching his breath. Walking in, he turns to James.

"Sorry for my lateness," he says with a charming grin. "I returned our...purchase, and had the shopkeepers procure some items that could assist us."

Surveying the group, he smiles that boyish grin again. "Todd Gansett, noble ruler of Naragansett and renegade spellcaster, at your side."
    Last edited by hyperfreak497; 2007-12-06 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Grammatical Errors
    Tornatar by Serpentine.
    [Images removed - total image heights too high]
    Original Tornatar by Threeshades. Second Tornatar by The Chilli God. Demonized Tornatar by Threeshades.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Oops! I would of been talking alot more but I forgot to subscribe and didnt realise the game had carried on without me .

Dribble smiles at the half-orc, His simple wit and laungage reminded him of home, dispite many of his brothers being as dumb as a brick, they had the qaint simplicity that Dribble never had, his mind often buzzing with thoughts.

"Knight, Leave the Kid alone, one like you would not understand the true passion of battle, the passion that makes you loose yourself, a frenzy of blows that are perfect, everything is right, Time stands still for you. That is not somthing you can experience with the finesse and valor of a knight such as yourself."

The orc draws his weapons, a slightly notched longsword and a oddly shaped curved dagger.

"Lets see what this cave has to offer us, you will provide the finnese, and we shall provide the frenzy. Im sure there will be enough bloodshed for all of us."

Dribble gives a toothy grin and a knowledgable wink.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Argal laughs at Tolsimir; I don't kill unless I have too. So we duel! This place have beasties, whoever kills more, wins! We see youre honor then. I lose myself in my kins word but he only say good things!
    Argal grins at the orc next to him, he had a friend. That made 2!

Responding to Garret Argal clearly says within earshot of Tolsimir; No worry Mr Pixie Thief, I look after you when beasties hurts you! You friend!

Algar is confused at the brightness of the newcomer, why was he so happy? Perhaps he had a nice blade?! Perhaps he has the one from the big man outside!
    You got nice blade? Look at mine! Argal holds out his halberd to Todd for a look
    Last edited by JettWilderbeast; 2007-12-06 at 06:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

James runs a hand through the white wings on his black hair and nods in a more-or-less friendly way to Todd.

"Had to sell my wagon. It was a good wagon, four sturdy walls, crisp white canvas, long straight leads and wheels that weren't too creaky. Many a night was spent asleep in it hard wooden embrace. Its loss will be mourned."

He motions the sorcerer over to the doorway with the torch.

"Take a look at this here entrance young'un, mighty suspect if you ask me. Could be one of those sentient person eating doors, or the gullet of a great beasty disguised as a dungeon."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chuckling at Argal's unwitting double entendre, he examines the halberd, mocking great interest.

"No, my friend, I carry no blade with me. But if I did, I'm sure mine would be hard pressed to match yours in effectiveness."

With a nod to James, Todd approaches the door, a serious look spreading over his face.

"I'll do all I can," he says, his hands already working the arcane gestures to examine the door, "But perhaps our trickster friend would be better suited for this task."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting detect magic.
    Tornatar by Serpentine.
    [Images removed - total image heights too high]
    Original Tornatar by Threeshades. Second Tornatar by The Chilli God. Demonized Tornatar by Threeshades.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Argal couldn't help grinning, 3 friends! Argal to let others worry about the doorway, if it was dark then put a fire in there! It seemed simple to Argal!
    Looking at Dribble Argal was reminded of his past, his missed his orc kin but this one wasn't from his family.
    Kin friend! Where you from? I not from orc city, I from large hooman town, mother orc, father man. What orc city like?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

((should I note i'm 6 years YOUNGER then argal? only 17.

Also, we found our source of tention. its usually the LG and the CE but this time its the CG and the LE, argal being the CG me being the LE))

Tolsimir

"I am surrounded. by idiots." says tolsimir to himself as he leans on a wall. "But I will take your challange half-orc. honor forbids me not to,"

Tolsimir then turn to dribble and says "Should I note that your half-minded kin in older then me by the looks of it?" after a short phase he says "Truth remains, you have no honor, and without honor no amount of combat skills worths anything. the TRUE passion of battle is when you draw the blood of your opponent, and you know you have done it with well trained skills, and not born power or mindless rage. the one simple fact, that you are better with a sword then your opponent was, try it. the pure pleasure of killing your opponent slowly, giving him no hope to ever defeat you, delaying his death jest to enjoy his suffering, try it, you might like it."
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2007-12-06 at 08:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

AssassinGuy

Having propped himself against one of the walls Treygar stands by half listening to the talk of bravado between the young human and the two orcs, and the conversation between the two spellcasters about the door.

Upon hearing the young knight speak of honor Treygar just kind of chuckles to himself before entering into the conversation, t' each his own thar young sirs. I'm sure before the day is through that each of our blades, or respective weapons,as Treygar nods to the sneak and the spellcasterswill be coated in the blood of our enemies. And I hope that afterward each of us will be alive to enjoy our victory.
    When we drink we get drunk,
    when we're drunk we pass out,
    when we're asleep we commit no sin,
    when we commit no sin we go to heaven,
    ... So lets all get drunk and go to Heaven!
    -Brian O'Rouke

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garret turns to Treygar, regarding his comment on "team spirit."

Yes, and hopefully a little richer... I mean, wiser than when we started.

Too easy. Argal, Deran, and Treygar seem to be perfectly honest, which of course makes them predictable and easy to use. The two casters have so far kept to themselves, but I like the crazed warlock. He may be an... interesting ally. The real challenge here is Tolsimir. Probably a dependable infantryman among many here, but his bloodlust and emphasis on honor, to the point of threatening the other fighters, may be dangerous. Best to keep some distance from him, at least until the fights begin.

29. - Top - End - #59

Kobold

After pondering a little, James decides that the darkness is not coming from some kind of monster. It wiuld be prudent to probe it a little, although entering it wont be a very bad idea either...

@Todd:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can tell that the darkness has a magical aura. Make a concentration check to learn more...You can also tell it is some kind of force field...it would be prudent to probe it first...but somehow you feel that it wont hurt you if you pass through.
    Last edited by Bayar; 2007-12-07 at 02:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Tolsimir

"Richer, wiser. I'll take richer." says tolsimir with a grin.