New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Voldemort vs. Darth Vader

Epic battle of munchkins on somewhat smaller scale. The Sith against the Death Eaters! Who wins?

Yes, it looks like Voldemort has an advantage. But don`t underestimate the power of the Dark Side! Voldemort can`t strangle people with his mind alone, and I don`t doubt lightsabers can stop spells...

And if we take the armies in consideration... Well, the Empire can destroy the Earth. It probably won`t kill wizards who can teleport anywhere at will, but It will upset them royally, I`m pretty sure of it...
    Last edited by Eerie; 2007-12-04 at 05:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Voldemort vs. Darth Vader

Voldemort, one hit kill, this isn't even a challenge
    please people, vs. threads are great, but they have to be interesting, not redundent
    from,
    EE

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest View Post
    Voldemort, one hit kill, this isn't even a challenge
    please people, vs. threads are great, but they have to be interesting, not redundent
    from,
    EE
    I don't know, A: he has to hit.

B: Vaders really really good at the whole deflect thing

C: Vader is more machine than man, who's to say the kill spell would hit anything that was really alive? Even if voldy fries vaders arm, he'll know to start force-throwing things at him at that point, and sheilding.

Voldy would probably win, but I think Vader would prove at least annoying if he didn't get taken out by the first hit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

C'mon, Vader's got at least a fighting chance. It's been shown that killing curses can be dodged and/or blocked by objects in the way, and Vader has all of the precognitive powers of the Force to guide his dodges. One little Force pull to take the wand, and Voldemort now has six or seven body parts to go with his Horcruxes.
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I remember seing this Vs a while a go...
    From what I gathered, unless Voldemort is really quick off the mark with the killing curse, Vader wins.
    Vader has Force boosted reflexes to dodge with, robo-arms to absorb the spell and a lightsaber that he might be able to block with. Combine that with a Force Choke 'mute', a Force Yoink disarm and an army of Stormtroopers to take out/occupy Death Eaters or track down horcruxes, and Vader's got a clear advantage.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

This all really depends on whether lightsabers can deflect spells. If not, then Darth Vader is screwed. If they can, then Voldemort has a small chance at losing. Seriously, Voldemort just says six syllables and Darth Vader drops dead.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    This all really depends on whether lightsabers can deflect spells. If not, then Darth Vader is screwed. If they can, then Voldemort has a small chance at losing. Seriously, Voldemort just says six syllables and Darth Vader drops dead.
    force choke. He's not talking to anyone.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2007-12-04 at 08:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

8. - Top - End - #8

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    force choke. He's not talking to anyone.
    If vader realises that is the source of the problem, instead of just choking him as a reaction/opening move, I think he will go with the more permanent Force windpipe crush. Just in case.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

As some spells only need to be subvocalised, that may not stop Voldemort. Which is where Force Yoink comes in. Voldemort pulls out wand, Vader yanks it out of his hand assuming it to be a lightsaber, Voldemort's screwed. For all his power, without a magic piece of wood, he's useless.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

This was done before, Voldemort lost.

Vader has enhanced senses, and he'll go first probably.

From there, Windpipe crush, or Jedi yoink, and he wins.

11. - Top - End - #11

It depends on the distance between them.
    Too close, and Vader cuts Voldemort down, what with being substantially faster.
    Too far, and Voldemort aveda kedvras him. No reason lightsabers would stop spells. No reason being half-machine would protect Vader's organic parts.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

12. - Top - End - #12

This is like one of them Olde Wild West duels. Whoever gets his right arm out first wins. Voldemort has no defence against Force Chokes, and Vader will have difficulty dodging Avada Kedavra.

I'd toss a coin, if it were up to me.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Too far, and Voldemort aveda kedvras him. No reason lightsabers would stop spells. No reason being half-machine would protect Vader's organic parts.
    Problem, Jedi can deflect/dodge bullets using precon, and spells move much slower then bullets.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemician View Post
    This is like one of them Olde Wild West duels. Whoever gets his right arm out first wins. Voldemort has no defence against Force Chokes, and Vader will have difficulty dodging Avada Kedavra.

I'd toss a coin, if it were up to me.
    But Vader has some form of precognition, Jedi sense or whatever. Not to mention he is in very good physical condition.

This gives him an advantage in going first.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

My opinion has not changed since the last time this was brought up. Vader has the James Earl Jones voice, and has the awsome black mask. Voldemort is a sickly, pasty faced wizard. Cinematically Vader has to win.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

16. - Top - End - #16

Ok seriously... if a teenage boy and his friends can beat Voldemort multiple times, he dosn't stand even a ghost of a chance at Vader.

Spoiler
    Show

I have not read book seven so I'm making some assumptions, probably.
    Last edited by starwoof; 2007-12-05 at 02:20 AM.
    I used to do avatars on request, feel free to use them.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Actually, too far and Vader wins. Vader can choke people on the decks of other Star Destroyers. He has a range advantage if he can see Voldy.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Actually, too far and Vader wins. Vader can choke people on the decks of other Star Destroyers. He has a range advantage if he can see Voldy.
    Or even see an IMAGE of what voldy is doing.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Didn't we have one of these threads a couple of weeks ago already?

20. - Top - End - #20

Anakin was Darth Vader before he got half his body burned up, you know.

If we count young Vader, Voldemort would be sliced in half before he could utter a single word. Seriously, he could jump like 50 yards horizontally.

As for old man Vader... it'll be based on luck.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Choking people takes more time than pointing a wand.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to wave a wand around is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Choking people takes more time than pointing a wand.
    Not really

It's 'Raise hand and pinch'

Versus 'Grab wand, raise, do motions'

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Now I know I have been around in these forums for a long time. I remember, back when I joined, exactly the same topic was being currently discussed.
    *sigh*
    I'm finally a veteran!

...wait, what was the question?

Oh yeah.

Well, I'll side with Vader on this one. I am by no means one of those people who condemn Harry Potter, or think Voldemort is a lame villain, or any of that kind, but fighting with spells which can be avoided by fast movement against an opponent who basically knows what you are about to do before you know it yourself? Nah, that just won't work out.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

WEll, the death part takes longer. The trick is whether Voldemort can muster himself to move while being choked. It's.. not physically impossible, of course, but if it's his first time really being roughed up? I think he's going to have some difficulty managing to force his body to stop any instinctual grabbing of the invisible arm choking him and casting.

Now, if this is perma death? I dunno if Force Lightning or Lightsabers are enough to zap a Horcrux. Then again, a Silver Sword was, so.. hm...

Assuming that Vader can't dodge... I mean, Voldemort's a human. Force Precognition plus slow-as-putzola spells (Ordinary teenagers can physically dodge these spells, people; They're maybe Dodge-ball or baseball speed) and then Ginsu, anyway. But.. if he can't destroy the Horcruxes, Voldemort kinda wins by default, doesn't he? VAder's not immortal; Wait him out. >.>

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

If you have to wait 14 years before you can fight again, it counts as a "Win".

Besides, the Force could likely destroy the horcruxes.. or, if need be, Death Star.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Technically, any approach to the battle is legal. I think Vader would win, don't get me wrong, but Voldemort, if he flees immediately and continues doing it, if the Horcruxes can't be destroyed by Voldemort, Voldemort will win by default. Vader has to fall apart some day. And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Horcruxes need magic to be destroyed..

That said? Godric Gryffindor's sword and the Basilisk Fang both destroy Horcruxes. Now, I could buy Gryffindor's Sword being magical, given who it belong to. But the Fang? I.. don't really think that's very magical.

So to reiterate my position: If Vader can destroy a Horcrux, and he probably can, Win: Vader. If not, Voldemort. Because some villains have the foresight to create phylacterries.

28. - Top - End - #28

[looks at the title and does the Charlton Eston at the end of planet of the apes]

Spoiler
    Show
    OH NOOOOOO!!!!You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh, now, seriously, Voldemort was an enjoyable villain, but he called himself the Dark Lord (so much ego). Vader WAS the Dark Lord. he was the babau and the boogeyman for countless star systems. Voldemort didn't go through galaxy wide purges against the best warriors ever (jedis on the run) all by himself. I give Vold. a chance only because Vader is torso man, and he could try to jam his breather with an electric joilt of some kind (if he gets to know that Vader lives because of the machines).
    Never tested AK on a cyber-limb, but it may well not work. Still, a lightsaber could withstand a force lightning at point blank, other than deflecting extra extra extra extra powerful and fast blaster shots.

So, yeah, Vold. could just aim for the torso and head, with AK or electricity, provided Vader lets him do it AND does not deflect it with the lightsaber (maybe it wasn't ignited). Perhaps the choke isn't quick enough as to bar an expert necromancer from completing the spell...If that fails, it's going to end more like this.

While V's airway gets obstructed (and or his heart squeezed), a nice telekinetic pull and "presto!" the wand is in Vader's hand.

End of force choke.

Vold's face is just dibelief

"SNAP!" noise of wand cracked in Vader's hand

Vold's wrath for that outrageous gesture makes him react quickly with a spell, even without a wand, perhaps, so...obidaaayy!namooora!seesk..

Force Slamm and Vold flyes to end of the hallway and bounces back. Vader makes some small pieces of furniture (If available) rain on him, just to disorientate him and prevent him from teleporting away. Steps forward towards Vold.

[SSSSSSSNAPPHISSSSS] Ignites lightsaber

Vader cuts Voldemort in many chunks.

Now, as far as I can recall, esp. from EU, the years of Vader's purge were a constant hunt for force users. The worst to hunt down were the jedis, as they were armed with lightsabers, trained in the force like him, and knew his tricks. For them, stormtroopers proved a handy backup force. Still, there have been many other force users, trained in other traditions, especially on backwater worlds, that were meant to either be recruited by the Emperor, and become his Dark Side minions, or die (at Vader's hand). Those were considered little mora than sorceres, that equated the Force to magic, and gathered it through formulas and talismans (just like Vold). Some of them were enough of a challenge for Vader, but none made it past his visit without being subdued...or killed.

That is, assuming the usual pit-arena.

At longer range, Vader wins without breaking a sweat. Just scry on Voldemort and force choke him to death. Death Eaters....possibly a bit molre dangerous. After all..they are Dark Side spirits. But V. can still deal with them. Unless he just zeroes in on England with the batteries of the Executor. Good luck with teleporting anywhere safe outside Earth.

O.

PS
    The spell was from Never Winter Nights, by the way...
    Last edited by Ossian; 2007-12-05 at 06:21 AM.
    Enjoy my creations
    Gatsu, from Berserk (Kentaro Miura's)
    A hero: the Tekkaman space-knight.
    The villain he has to face: Dobrai, Valdaster Overlord from Tekkaman

Threadwinner of Vs Mage challenges.
    Warning: may perform below standards if target has no heat signature (eg: undead mage)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Banned

Now wait. Vader can't Scry accurately. If he could, he wouldn't need to send out probe droids across the galaxy. He gets the same disjointed, vastly unhelpful clairvoyance every other Jedi gets. Also, the EU is not very canon (Apparently Lucas was quite willing to make money off these people, but not quite up to the task of weaving them into his narrative); Granted that that doesn't really contradict the real canon, just.. not very good to bring it up.

Hadn't thought of that though; Just roast the planet and- Wait, no, that comes back tot he Horcrux problem, don't it? Though if you fry him in those blasts, then yeah, that's a win for Vader.. so yeah, Vader :P

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

If the only way you can beat an opponent is by hiding and hoping they die of old age before you do, does that count as a ring-out?