New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Villains and Monsters III ((IC))

Quote Originally Posted by Jael_Darkwood View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    dm, i guess since nobody is posting, can you tell us what our looting has accumulated? specifically, what magic goodies did i pick out? also, did i find a silvered polearm? etc etc... lets get this party started!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Between the forums not working and his internet not working, dm hasn't had a chance to do stuff. Check the OOC thread for details regarding gear.

Moastuo

"Aside from the mob that overran us, they didn't seem overly bunched up. Only time they really seemed close together was when they were right next to us, and if you try using alchemist's fire then, I don't think you'll be with us long." Moastuo's words are emphasized with a _very_ toothy grin, and a hungry expression.
    ""Don't know how they were grouped up when they weren't aware of us, you'd have to ask him if you want details." Moastuo gestures to the shadow, or at least where he'd last seen it.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Silence

The shadow seems to enjoy its newfound ability to communicate without revealing its location...

The rats enjoy gambling and tending to their pets. You can find them in very small groups if you can catch them by surprise. Unfortunately, they're also very observant. I have yet to get a look inside their lairs without being seen. Unusual for me, but potentially useful if properly employed.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghaun
    "The Tower falls. Cry Discordia! O, Discordia."
    After this comment, which is from another universe entirely and makes no sense at all in this one, Ghaun crawls closer to the others, fascinated by . . . I'm not sure, actually. Ghuan is weird. But whatever it is, it's close to the Arenea. Or maybe it is the Arenea. Ghuan hasn't seen other spiderkin in some time.
    Or would that make too much sense? Whatever.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Fangzy's head jerks up and he looks around, his eyes darting left and right, searching for the source of the voice eh? whoz there? who said that? as he looks around he bears his fangs and his fists clench and unclench revealing long sharp claws.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Silence

The shadow takes a moment to realize that the troll is probably addressing it. Deciding that its perfectly comfortable in the nook it found, the shadow briefly considers if it should respond.

Perhaps later.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM STUFF

((Okay, check the OOC thread for the list of who got what. Don't be greedy, or I'll start requiring you guys to keep track of how much each of you is carrying, and how you're able to move in sewer muck with that much gear.))

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Gurnan

The Misshapen Humanoid pulls from the racks of weapons a fancy elven rapier encrusted with rubies and gold filagree. Also a pair of fencing gloves (gauntlets) that are made of dark leather, with bands of silver across the knuckles. Gurnan grabs them without thinking of the of the fact that his arms are mismatched, but to his surprise, they slide onto his different-sized hands without any problem.

There appears to be an inscription on the gloves that Gurnan can read, and you can see his lips moving as he seems to be able to read it.

Strapping the rapier on to his hip, Gurnans' morale seems to improve. He rests one hand on the pommel of the rapier, and the other on his hip, "Well, these will do nicely." He glances around the room to see how his companions are fairing in their selection. "It is a shame that there is no armor though. This chain shirt is a bit restricting."

(OOC - Most of the description came directly from PM's with the DM)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghuan 'skeee's happily and starts digging harder. She doesn't find anything, necessarily, but by the time she is done the floor is covered in grimy rags and whatnot.

"Have any of ye ever been down where I am?" she growls suddenly. "Has anyone ever been down where I am? No sin and no crime in birth, right? Lies, all lies. Damn that cowboy! Devil take the lord colored red! The train rain brained me. He ate the skate, inflated yesterdays gate toward the cheese grater."
    She giggles.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Moastuo

It takes a while, but Moastuo's rummaging finally finds a suitable weapon. Shifting back to goblin form, he picks up a glaive, testing its balance, and taking a practice swing or two as best he can in the crowded room. Finding it to his liking, he sets it aside for the moment, and fishes through the adjacent boxes for some sort of carrying harness.
    "At least these things aren't all tangled together or anything, or this would be really botherso--what have we here?"
    Moastuo reemerges from the box, holding a rather fancy-looking sheathed scimitar. The ruby on the pommel shimmers, as though there was a fire on the other side of it. Unsheathing it reveals its flamelike construction, as well as its lightness.
    Would you look at that... "It's fairly obvious what this thing does, anyone have an idea of how to activate it?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

Sku-lin

Sku-lin lifts the crossbow, getting a feel for it. Satisfied with the results, he loads it with bolts before collecting some spare ones in case these are not enough.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Chelion

Smiling with satisfaction, Chelion pulls on a pair of symbol-laden black leather gloves. Though the gloves start with three fingers, as he slides them on they blur and shift until there is five fingers. Flexing them slowly, he smiles, then turns. Grabbing a polearm by its black-haft, he pulls it out. Giving it a few practice sweeps, the silver blade glints brightly in the dim light.

"Well. I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

He looks around, visually checking to make sure everyone has selected their weapons from the bins.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Guard

Watching you putting on your new armaments, the guard gruffly snaps, "Alright, that's enough. On to your job," and motions with a polearm you didn't notice him pick up. The other guard crosses arms across a massive chest- you didn't notice how large he was before.

After shuffling you out of the room, the larger guard re-locks the door, and the guard with the polearm moves up the stairs ahead of you, leading you though twisting mazes of corridors that suddenly leave you in...
    Bettrin's office.

The white marble and cool light of the office are a shock after the rough stone and the torchlight of the prison proper, and the silk cushions only define how different this space is from the other. Bettrin sits behind her large mahogany desk, and as you wait for her to finish reading her report, you notice that scenes of intense torture are carved into the dark wood. It brings back painful memories for some of you, and the promise of pain for others.

After a few minutes, Bettrin rolls up the scroll she was reading, and gazes at you, seemingly making a mental note of the weapons you have obtained.

After she completes whatever calculation she is doing, she stands, nodding. "Good. You have been outfitted with new weapons. This is a reward for your previous efforts as much as a warning not to fail." Stepping out from behind her desk, she toys with a white ball on a light gold chain, attached to her woven leather belt. After half a moment of wondering why she's making note of it, you realize that it is two rakshasa paws, sown together to form a single object. There is little question of who supplied the paws.

Leaving the ball hanging, Bettrin approaches Sku-Lin, handing him a paper map. It is a less magical version of the previous map, with crude ink drawings marking the new location. "They have been warned of your attempts, so they will be ready for you. If you fail, do no attempt to escape. If you fail, it would be best that you die quickly, before I have a chance to get ahold of you." Bettrin cuts herself off, as is changing her mind.

"If you actually manage to succeed, I will assure that great wealth, power and prestige become yours. And freedom, if you desire it." Leaving each of you to interpret this reward however you see fit, Bettrin nods, and the guard (who no longer holds a polearm) opens the outer door, the one to the sewers.

(Revised) Sewer Map

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Silence

With the waiting over, the shadow glides toward the door. Stopping briefly on the other side, the shadow pauses to see if there are any last minute delays before getting back to business.
    Last edited by kirn; 2008-02-06 at 08:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghuan has climbed onto a wall and is peering down at the map in Sku-Lin's hands.
    "Ooh! What do all the symbols mean?" she asks.

(OOC: Have you guys ever watched Invader Zim? Because I imagine her question sounding the way GIR sounds whenever he asks a question.)
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Chelios

With an expression that could be put next to the word 'inscrutable' in the dictionary, Chelion gives a slight inclination of his head to acknowledge Bettrin's speech. Then he turns, slowly, and walks away. You get the feeling that he is deep in thought, though no outward sign confirms it.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Kierach

Kierach listens attentively to the woman's speech, her eyes flicking about the room and taking it in as Bettrin speaks. She almost touches the edge of the feather-worked silvery shield she now bears on one arm as their erzatz employer mentions new weapons, but thinks better of it—she has no desire to test its qualities as a weapon on herself.

Well, at least she makes little secret of her intentions towards. And I imagine that means she feels she doesn't need to... and I don't think I'll test her confidence on that matter. Especially not if she's Spetznatz; I'll have a hard enough time without them after me. The angel moves to Sku-lin's side as the map is given to him, peering at it. "They reconvened in the first warren, did they? Interesting," she comments. That was good; that was the area she knew best... though she had little doubt they would have changed the traps, especially since they knew of her betrayal.

As the others drift towards the door, she follows.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Fangzy just grunts, barely listening and snarls out under his breath So longz as I getz to crush me some rats he smiles grotesquely at this thought, his tongue lolling out and running over his yellowed teeth.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Gurnan

"Begging the Mistresses pardon, but the Raksasha seemed to believe that we had already recovered some of the items you were looking for. It would be a shame for us to leave with them, if you desire them. Also, if you would be so kind to tell us what exactly we are looking for, so we don't miss it it would be helpful.

Gurnan can't help but wonder if there are actually any items, or if it is just a ruse to get us to fight the wererats, and that we are just the pieces in a game she is playing.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bettrin

Bettrin looks up, annoyed at being disturbed from her paperwork. She toys with the furball while you speak, smiling in a way that makes you distinctly uncomfortable. It's as though she's visualizing what toy to make out of your hide.

"The rakshasa did well in that one task. Two of the items I sought were among her belongings. From the report I received from the Shadow, the third is lost to me. The last is a small golden pyramid, engraved with arcane runes on all four sides, with a notch at the apex to allow a small crystal egg to rest at there. If you return that, your reward will be substantially increased."

Raising an eyebrow, she looks over the rest of you, as though to question whether any of the rest of you are going to disturb her. With the uncomfortable smile returning, she looks to the mongering ill-fashioned man. "What is your name, pet? I am rather fond of servants who show boldness," she says, the smile almost slipping into one of genuine enjoyment.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Silence

With an invisible chuckle the shadow once again turns and regards the sewers. Deciding that it is time to get back to work, the shadow disappears down the passageway.

((OOC: I need to redo my bonuses, I'll use my 2nd level ones for now))

Hide (Dark Sewers) (1d20+5+4=28)
    Spot (1d20+7=19)
    Listen (1d20+7=13)
    Last edited by kirn; 2008-02-13 at 01:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Kierach

Kierach calls after the shadow, "Perhaps we should plan before you go dashing off this time? You yourself said they've spotted you every single time you tried spying on their warrens. We can use that fact, of course, but not if you don't tell us first. Are you scouting just ahead of us, or do you plan on going further?"
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silence

The shadow glides down the hallway toward the sewer without answering.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Chelion

Shouldering his weapon, Chelion smiles grimly. "Well, with or without his help, we need to get started eventually. Everyone ready?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Moastuo

Moastuo looks over his gear. For all the good they'll be, his weapons have improved from his little dagger. He still lacked armor, but he had no intention of getting into situations where he'd need it. He wasn't likely to find any that could stay on him between forms, anyway.

"I'm as ready as I'm likely to get, unless someone here knows anything useful about this scimitar and is willing to share."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

"we come with the dust and we're gone with the wind. Rat hunt!"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Sku-lin

Sku-lin hefts his sword.
    "Let's go. We've got some merciless killing that needs doing"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

To help fast forward things a little bit, I'll copy a few passages from the last time we were here... If any of its incorrect, feel free to change it.
    ----------------------

Sku-lin heads for the door and the rest of the group leaves with him. The hallway is long and dark, shifting left and right, as well as climbing a significant amount of stairs before coming out through an opening into the sewer. The entrance is high on the wall, and even though there is no illusion hiding it, but there's a trick of the light concealing it, so you're fairly sure it would be hard to spot.

A fair ways down the tunnel from you, an everbrite lantern lights what is probably a ladder descending from the world above. The shadow is standing beneath it, not bothering to hide its location for the moment. It follows in with the group as it passes.

As soon as you enter the sewers proper, you come to a junction, with half-submerged tunnels heading to the north, south, and west. To the south, it's not long before you come to another, similar junction. (The map is nowhere near to scale, but it is basically correct.)

The sewers smell of filth and rot- there are rats everywhere, and while the middle of the tunnel is submerged, the sides of it are a fungus and rat-covered walkway that allow for passage without going waistdeep in the muck. Rats and the faint sounds of splashing echo all around you.

(Anyone with the scent ability needs to make a Fort Save, DC 25 or retch.

The map would probably help out now.)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghuan:
    Ooh, rats!"
    She giggles. "Are any of them talkrats? Ratrats? Ratbats? Ratbats!" She laughs quietly. "We must be quiet as a mouse. Right, Plato? Right, Socrates?"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Moastuo

Moastuo looked around at the all too familiar sights of the sewer, trying hard not to think about the smell. Beyond any logic and reason, it seemed even worse than before.

"Quiet as the grave would work, too."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground