Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    hexonxonx's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    The last thing any of you remember about your former lives are the hordes of the Dragon Emperor's troops filling the valley of your monastery. Confused hand-to-hand fighting in the main courtyard, clusters of dead soldiers surrounding your most skilled teachers defend their home to the death. They are bearing the brunt of the attack so that their students may flee, and so far the plan is working. The six of you descend to the deepest basements of the monastery, open the trap door that will carry you to the mountains. Your mission: to stop the Dragon Emperor before his madness destroys the entire Kingdom.

    Your fellow monks dead, you have nothing left to loose. Although normally opposed to violence in any form, your teachers had told you the Dragon Emperor had lost all sense of reason and needed to be put down as a raging elephant unfortunately needs to be killed to protect innocent villagers. So you snuck into his palace late on night, only to be caught by the strange magic writing on the walls. Chaos magic, the controlled use of chaos, the Dragon Emperor's most feared weapon, has laid you low. The desciples of the Dragon King, festooned in strange runes that blaspheme the ordered mind to look upon, overwhelmed even your stalwart mental defenses and paralysed you. Soon you lost consciousness.

    "Awaken, my new toys," said a hissing voice. You all come awake in a standing position, totally paralyzed and kept from falling to the floor by manicals suspended from the ceiling. "Monks seeking retaliation? My my, times sure have changed."

    You face a brick wall, in an area dimly lit by candles placed haphazardly on the floor. The speaker is behind you, and you cannot see him because none of you can move your heads.

    "You're teachers died to save you," says the faceless voice from behind you. "The way a father dies to save his children. How touching. Not that it mattered. They didn't really save you after all, now did they?"

    "I am the Dragon Emperor. You made it very far into my defenses. Oh, other attempts have been made on my life, and certain parasites occasionally try to steal my vast horde of wealth, but none of them have the brains to get past even my simplest defenses. They are meals to my monsters. But you…I have better plans for you."

    You hear the rustling of garments behind you. You hear him pace back and forth in the room.

    "You monks were always a thorn in my side. You took a vow of poverty, which meant I could not bribe you. You took a vow of celebacy, so I could not send my concubines to seduce you. If I captured on of you, you'd rather die than sell out any of your brothers. I can't have that kind of insolence in my own kingdom! Your monastery was chosen at random, a random act of violence to show that even you holy men are not above my law."

    You hear some commotion behind you, a group of people entering from some other unseen place. "I was impressed by your brother's refusal to sell you out. I had to do some pretty extraordinary things to get them to come around to my way of seeing things. Do you want to see how I persuaded them?" He waits for your answers, obviously taking cruel pleasure in your captivity. You feel the muscles of your necks and faces relax, not enough to turn around completely but enough to speak.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    souldoubt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    not in your backyard.

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Stonehead Lao

    Rage contorts Lao's face as he struggles vainly to move his paralyzed limbs. He seeths through teeth bared in a rictus, foam forming around his mouth.

    "Free us to fight or kill us already, y'bastard!"
    Setting: The Chimeric City

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the Calvin avatar, as well as the Pandaren:
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Urn hangs by his hands, seeking calm and ignoring the pain of his hanging position and letting the words of his enemy wash over him. When the revelation comes that some of their own brothers are responsible for their captivity and torment he opens his eyes, letting the rage wash over him, examining the emotions dispassionately. Do not be distracted he thinks to himself. Your true enemy is the Emperor. He must die first, but things must happen in their proper order. Surprise must be our weapon and their can be no surprises in this place. We must escape this place and seek a meeting to our advantage in the future.

    Urn turns his head slightly, trying to look at the manacles that bind him to the ceiling and looking for shadows in this dimly lit room. I wonder if I can shadow jump? he thinks to himself, extending his senses like he normally does in preparation to merge his body with the shadows.
    Jondar in Winding Roads

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Sukuja Bakura

    Bakura remains silent, not wanting to give the emperor the satisfaction of hearing anything he might say. If he were a more stalwart soul, he might come up with something incredibly defiant, but a stoic silence is the best he can muster against the very real fear of death that is running through his mind.

    You've always been a coward, Bakura. And you always will be. Stop it. Keep your face still. Try not to let him know that you are afraid. At least have the dignity to remain silent in the face of adversity.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I have a 24 bluff to remain stoic.
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2007-12-10 at 12:55 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Leon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    K'tesh, K'tesh, K'tesh
    Spoiler
    Show
    Draconic: Peace, Peace, Peace


    Seeking a inner clam from the outer rage that seeths, Zahar repeats the words that should help.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Spoiler
    Show



    Retired or on Hold

    Spoiler
    Show
    Razak Na'jzur - Druid/Spirit Incarnate
    Mikael of Torm - Cleric of Torm
    Kargun Imrakson - Rune Bearer (Ex Shield Breaker, Miner)
    Drake - Tech Priest
    Demetrius - ArchivistCloistered Cleric/Berzerker
    Nixios Delta-Rho (Tech Priest)
    Jo'Hanrik Stormstrider - Warblade


  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BurntOfferings's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Xerth

    Xerth also maintains his silence, and takes the time to study his surroundings carefully. Perhaps a means of escape will present itself.
    Last edited by BurntOfferings; 2007-12-10 at 10:15 AM.
    I set off explosive runes this morning.

    PbP Registration Entry

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    hexonxonx's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    You all hear from somewhere behind you a large group of people coming into the room. They don't sound right. They sound as if they have trouble walking, a shuffling and dragging sound to their feet. Some of them sound like giants, the floor shaking at their passage. If any of you have particularly amazing Listen ranks, it's DC 20 to determine the number of people entering, and DC 25 to determine the exact location and even Size of them.

    Urn: This room is very poorly lit. Wooden beams jut from the wall to your left every five feet or so, and as there only appears to be one source of illumination, it shouldn't be too hard to hide in one of these shadows.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    souldoubt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    not in your backyard.

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Stonehead Lao

    Lao quiets as his fury gives way to wariness and he listens to the shuffling footfalls behind them, ready for their captor's next move.

    (ooc: hex, I sent you a PM; check your messages)
    Last edited by souldoubt; 2007-12-15 at 11:40 PM.
    Setting: The Chimeric City

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the Calvin avatar, as well as the Pandaren:
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Urn listens but cannot make out anything specific from the noise, instead he is concentrating on his bonds and the manacles around his wrists. How are they closed? What material are they made from? He remains stoic. Not saying anything as the group files in.
    Jondar in Winding Roads

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    hexonxonx's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    The chains appear remarkable unmagical, from what little you can see of them at the extreme upper region of your line of sight. Of course you can't move your arms to investigate them more closely because you are entirely paralyzed.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Leon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Zahar concentrates to work out the sounds that issue from behind

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+10)[18]
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Spoiler
    Show



    Retired or on Hold

    Spoiler
    Show
    Razak Na'jzur - Druid/Spirit Incarnate
    Mikael of Torm - Cleric of Torm
    Kargun Imrakson - Rune Bearer (Ex Shield Breaker, Miner)
    Drake - Tech Priest
    Demetrius - ArchivistCloistered Cleric/Berzerker
    Nixios Delta-Rho (Tech Priest)
    Jo'Hanrik Stormstrider - Warblade


  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Sukuja Bakura


    Summoning up what courage he can muster, Bakura speaks, in as calm and cool and confident a voice he can muster. "If you are going to kill us, blasphemer, then kill us. Otherwise, [he gives a suggestion that is morally questionable and anatomically improbable]" He then focuses his chi and falls free of his bonds, landing smoothly on the floor. Hoping to take advantage of the Emperor's hubris, he rushes forward, and tries to strike at the emperor's mask, to reveal his face.

    OOC: Activating Freedom of Movement from Travel Domain, Slow Falling up to 20ft, and then making a Disarm attempt on the mask.

    (1d20+5)[6]

    EDIt- the dice hate me
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2007-12-18 at 09:17 AM.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Urn pauses, wondering about the paralysis that is effecting him and his brothers. If the manacles are mundane they aren't responsible for the paralysis. That means two things, either the paralysis is a spell, or an induced drug. Given the fortitude of my brothers and I, it's doubtful that a drug is responsible, so the logical conclusion is a spell affecting an area. This must be how he then ended the paralysis around our faces and allowed us to speak.. he thinks.

    Urn's concentration is disrupted as Bakura slips from his bonds and moves to attack the Emperor and face an entire roomful of combatants single handed. He's dead unless we help, but what can I do? Urn thinks quickly and reaches out to the shadows in the room, transmitting a message that he hopes will be heard. He then roars as loudly as possible to try and distract the opponents facing Bakura.

    NOW YOU DIIIIIEEEEEEE!

    [ooc] Summon Shadow[/ooc]
    Jondar in Winding Roads

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    [ooc] Is this still running? We haven't heard anything in so long now...[/ooc]
    Jondar in Winding Roads

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BurntOfferings's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Don't know. My character doesn't have any cool freedom of movement or shadow-summoning powers, so there's not much for me to post about.
    I set off explosive runes this morning.

    PbP Registration Entry

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    [ooc] man, all this time I've been playing clerics of Fharlaghn, waiting for this exact scene to happen, wanting to do this exact thing- and the game crashes. [/ooc]
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Well with no news in this thread I think it's dead...count me out

    JAGG
    Jondar in Winding Roads

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Leon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    Hmm, Oh well.
    There's not much i can do while bound - my spell selection is rather limited
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Spoiler
    Show



    Retired or on Hold

    Spoiler
    Show
    Razak Na'jzur - Druid/Spirit Incarnate
    Mikael of Torm - Cleric of Torm
    Kargun Imrakson - Rune Bearer (Ex Shield Breaker, Miner)
    Drake - Tech Priest
    Demetrius - ArchivistCloistered Cleric/Berzerker
    Nixios Delta-Rho (Tech Priest)
    Jo'Hanrik Stormstrider - Warblade


  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Appalachian Mountains

    Default Re: Brotherhood of the Fist: IC

    I'm pronouncing this game dead as well. Better luck with the next one.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

    Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •