New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default SWsaga prestige, Force Shocker

The Force Shocker is a master of the art of force lightning. They can control it at will, creating magnificent and deadly displays of this terrifying power. They are both feared and respected by Jedi and Sith alike, and are a force to be reckoned with.

Requirements
    Minimum Heroic Level: 7th
    Feats: Force sensitive, Skill focus (use the force)
    Force Powers: Force lightning

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Special

1st|
    +0
    | Defense bonuses, Electrical Consumption, Talent

2nd|
    +1
    | Force of Reckoning +1

3rd|
    +2
    | Talent

4th|
    +3
    | Force of Reckoning +2

5th|
    +3
    | Talent

6th|
    +4
    | Force of Reckoning +3

7th|
    +5
    | Talent

8th|
    +6
    | Force of Reckoning +4

9th|
    +6
    | Talent

10th|
    +7
    | Force of Reckoning +5 [/table]

Class Features

Hit Points: 1D8 + Con modifier per level

Force Points: 6 + half character level.

Defense Bonuses
    At 1st level, you gain a +2 class bonus to your Reflex, Fortitude, and Will Defense.

Electrical Consumption
    You may sacrifice any force power in your force suite to recharge your force lightning, adding it back to your force suite. This is a swift action and may be used a number of times per encounter equal to 1 plus your wisdom modifier (minimum 1).

Force of Reckoning
    Starting at second level, you gain a bonus to the damage dealt by force lightning equal to one-half your class level (rounded down). This is in addition to the usual damage added by your character level.

Talents

Electric Body Talent Tree
    The Force shocker is skilled in powering their force lightning, or letting it power them.

Forceful Blast: If your force lighting excedes the targets damage threshold, you may choose to knock the target back with the extra force. The target moves back 1 square and an additional 1 square for every 5 points that you exceed their damage threshold.

Electromagnetism: When dealing damage with force lightning, you may choose to deal ion damage instead of force damage.

Static Charge: By spending a force point, you may charge you body with electricity. Anyone who makes a melee attack against must a make a dexterity check (DC 15) or takes 2d6 + your wis modifier force damage. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to 1 + your wisdom modifier (minimum one).

Shocking Soul: Whenever you are damaged by force lightning or take ion damage, you only receive one-half the damage (rounded down) and gain a temporary force point, which is lost at the end of the encounter.

Lightning Shape Talent Tree
    With more experience, the force shocker can learn how to shape and bend his power.

Charged Strike: As a swift action, you may spend a force point to add 2d6 + your wis modifier force damage to your next melee attack. This lasts till the end of your turn.

Force Storm: By spending a force point, your force lighting targets every opponent within a 6-square cone. If hit, the targets only take 50% damage.

Chain Lightning: By spending a force point, your force lighting can jump from opponent to opponent. The force lightning can hit a number of opponents equal to one-fourth your character level (rounded down). The first target takes 100% damage, the second takes 50% of that damage, the third takes 50% of that damage, etc. Each target must be within 6-squares of the last.

Lil’ Tesla: By spending a force point, you can shape your force lightning into a small construct, which is controlled by your will. Your use the force check determines its stats. No matter the check, the Lil’ Tesla deals one- half your force lightning damage with its basic attack. The Lil’ Tesla is destroyed if hit by an attack that beats its damage threshold, which is equal to its fortitude save. Lil’ Tesla is created in any adjacent square. This is a full-round action, and removes your force lighting from your force suite. Lil’ Tesla can act on the round it is created, and takes its turn on the your initiative.

Check Result.....Duration.....Ref...Fort...Will......BAB ... Abilities....................Size
    9 or lower..........1 round.........10.....10.....yours.....1........non e........................T
    10....................1 round.........15.....15.....yours.....5........non e........................T
    15....................2 rounds........20.....17.....yours.....7........non e........................S
    20....................2 rounds........22.....19.....yours.....9........stu n........................S
    25....................3 rounds........24.....21.....yours.....11......stun ........................S
    30....................3 rounds........26.....23.....yours.....13......stun , toss...................M
    40....................4 rounds........28.....25.....yours.....15......stun , toss...................M
    50....................4 rounds........30.....27.....yours.....17.......stu n, toss, detonate.........L
    60 or higher........5 rounds.......35.....30.....yours.....20.......stun , toss, detonate.........L

Stun: Attack vs. Fortitude defense. Stuns for 1 round for tiny, 1D2 for small, 1D3 for medium, and 2D2 for large.
    Toss: The Lil’ Tesla’s gains a ranged attack with a range of 6-squares.
    Detonate: Lil’ Tesla explodes in a burst of electricity. Attack vs. Reflex Defense. Deals your full force lightning damage to all within 4-squares of Lil’ Tesla, and kills Lil’ Tesla in the process.
    Last edited by darth pikachu; 2008-10-20 at 04:54 PM. Reason: balancing and main table

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: SWsaga prestige, Force Shocker

I'm not to good with balance, but one level dip for the saves would be common. Also it would help if you make tables for the level, BAB, ect.
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Reduce the BAB to 3/4. A class whose main attack isn't based on its BAB has no need for and shouldn't have full BAB.

Plus 3 to all defenses is to strong for a Prestige Class that you can enter after 7th level, Make it either +2 to all like i.e. Jedi Knight or +2 to one and +4 to another defense (imo Fortitude and Will should be the 2 if you go for my latter advice). Plus 3 too all defenses is for Prestige Classes that you can enter after 12th level.

I've never seen a Prestige Class that has less than a d8 as a hit die, so up it to d8.

----------------------------------------

Imo, It does far too much damage:

Force of Reckoning should kick in with +1 at 4th level and +2 at 8th level. You could substitute Force Techniques form a specific list that are useful for Force Lightning at 2nd, 6th and 10th level.

Lightning Savant and Storm Lord are just crazy. Upping the damage die type on a powerful Force Power like Force Lightning is unbalanced overkill. Maybe make other talents that cause additional effects (i.e. knockback, prone, flee instead of more damage).

Static Charge and Charged Strike should just do +2d6 energy damage.

Shocking Soul: Despite its name electrostaff deals just energy damage, there is no such thing as lightning damage in SWsaga. So it wouldn't work against an electrostaff, just against Force Lightning and ion damage.

Distances are written in meters, respectively squares in SWsaga, not in feet.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2008-10-12 at 02:24 PM. Reason: mispelling
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Thanks for the input. After getting some other people to look at it and looking over it again, it did seem a bit to powerful. I removed the talents that up the damaged die and I replaced them with one that has knockback and one that deals ion damage, to represent lightning messing with the electronics and such. I also changed the dice bonus from Force of Reckoning to a plain damage bonus. I also upped the hit die, and fixed the misprint in the defences.

Again, thanks for the input, and if you have anything else that can help, feel free to let me know. Especially if you can tell me how to add a chart, cause I could not figure it out.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

use the table forms found in the Homebrewing sticky. The one for 10th level prestige class can be modified easily to do what you need.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

thats a great idea, but its a tad too powerful, especially the ones where you add damage. I would suggest that you have something like a chance to paralyse the person or reduce their speed/attack or something like that. Because if someone really got electrocuted, im pretty sure it'd be harder for them to be able to carry out normal actions.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

I changed the main table, but the table for the lil' tesla stats was coming out all wonky so I'm going to leave it be for now. I will take another shot at fixing it later. Thanks for letting me know where the table stuff was.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's too specific and half its abilities should be (and can be done already) with Force Techniques.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.