New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Big Game Hunters (IC)

Marin

Marin smiles at the shopkeeper, "Only what it'd cost me for collectin' the stuff and the time I spend makin' 'em lovely. What say five gold apiece? I bet ya' can sell 'em for four times tha', once I bring back ya' Lorships beastie."
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

"This Happy little man is looking to slay the beast as well." Pipes the raven. "Money is indeed the ultimate consolation, isn't it..." mumbles Happy, taking a sip of his ale. "We'll come watch you fight," continues the raven as if he hadn't been interrupted, "but we're really here for taking care of the beast afterwards"

((That's right, you're getting trash-talked by a bird))
    Last edited by Cruxador; 2007-12-13 at 11:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

(...Me or Marcus?)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Geoffery extends his hand to Vincent, "As he said the name is, Geoffery. We are here looking for the beast and would be delighted to sit and discuss with you. I shall pass on the drink; however, I'm just not very thristy." As they sit Geoffery scans the room, and the fellow they have been talking to for any signs of mischief or mayhem.

Spoiler
    Show

Using free Detect Evil to scan the room, and their new companion.
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Marin Would find the shopkeeper amiable, though not above a little bartering, "With so many hunters in town, I'll not pay extra betting you're the one that brings it down, Miss. I'll take the whole lot for twenty pieces of gold, which is a fair price by my eyes."

In Harrington's Inn,

Most of the action is occuring between ya'll. The Barmaid (Yes, she's upgraded from "Wench") manages a quick "Thank you, M'lord" for Green Bear's generosity before she's off into the thick of the Tavern once again.

For Geoffery,

Spoiler
    Show
    None of the main characters mentioned already show up as Evil. A few of the drunkards are mildly evil individuals, though they probably register as such because they're the type of person who would take advantage of a desperate man's generosity without ever intending to contribute.
    If RPG's have taught me anything, it's that all social and economic problems of the world can be solved through murder.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

((You, Bear. Marcus can take offense to, though, if he wants))

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

His tiny hand gets a little lost in the palm of the sturdy Paladin before him, but Vincent still makes a noble effort at returning the shake. Taking a seat at the table chosen by his companions, Vincent props himself up on an elevating cushion and takes a sip of his tea before glancing around the room again. The crowd seems to be stabilizing by the look of things, and he could even see a couple other adventurers seeming to form impromptu traveling groups. Grinning a small knowing grin, he turns to the two men, "May I ask what your specialties are? And do you have any plans in the works for capturing the beast?"
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Green Bear
    Spoiler
    Show
    Civilized men birds are more discourteous than savages;they know they can be impolite without having their heads split open, as a general thing.~ Robert E. Howard

Bear peers at the raven with incredulity for a split second before he swats at it with a heavy hand, and were he a lesser barbarian he'd listen to his impulsive angry thoughts and follow this up with an attempt to brain the wizard for teaching his familiar this skill to sass. Instead...

"Damn this fool trick, magician! Learn your bird some manners or by my Blade I'll skewer the two of you!! I made a vow to slay this beast even if I have to fight every manner of man, hellspawn and God to do it, and the pair of you are a low threat on that list! he bellows with a follow up snarl.

"Now are you going to get the squab to apologize or not?!"
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rogan

Mr. Rogan enters the lodge and casts a glance around, looking for anybody who might be helpful.

His eyes are instantly drawn to the biggest man in the room- a nice piece of meat big enough to choke any beast, and by the looks of it a skilled warrior, too. Quick to anger, perhaps, but that could be an advantage, too. The guy he's with is a little weird, but pretty big, too. Probably a decent snack for the beast.

He quietly moves over to their table and pulls up a chair.

Sorry to interrupt, gents, but I believe you're hear to kill that beast, not each other. Name's Rogan. He sticks his hand out by way of greeting.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Green Bear

Bear doesn't take it.

"Mind your own business, this is between me and the bi--the magician.

11. - Top - End - #41

Besil

Quote Originally Posted by ReproMan View Post
    "May I ask what your specialties are? And do you have any plans in the works for capturing the beast?"
    "Oh, I'm just a wanderer really," Besil replies. "I just try to bring comfort and strength to those who need it and try to remove what evil I can from their lives. I have some skills, a few songs, and some magical practice to help me and my allies accomplish that. Geoffery here is much more accomplished at meeting villains head on.

"As for a plan, I can't say I have one just yet. I'd prefer to get a little information on what we are up against first."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Bear's violence:
    "That was unnecessary" says Happy, looking up from his ale. "Please refrain from doing that in the future." While his words are fairly neutral, his tone is anything but. He is quite obviously angry.

Happy turns back to his drink. Now some guy in mithril and camouflage comes and identifies himself as Rogan. "We'll kill it alright" ays the raven, now on Happy's shoulder and considerably more wary.
    Last edited by Cruxador; 2007-12-15 at 05:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mr. Rogan

Aye, we will. But it won't be easy. I've got more than a few old tricks up my sleeve, but in the wild, one mistake will get you killed. If you're by yourself. He looks meaningfully at the wizard and barbarian.

I'm putting a posse together to take her down. And we'll do it, too. I know more about the wild than anyone- practically live there. I eat monsters for breakfast lunch and dinner- but I don't do it with this, (he points to his bicep), I do it with this (he points to his head). A small group of well organized hunters can take down any prey no matter how strong, fast, or smart she is. Join up with me, and I can guarantee a kill. I'll even give up my share of the reward. I don't want it. Not interested in it. What interests me is the hunt. This is the big one, gents.

So what do you say?
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2007-12-15 at 10:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Spoiled Flush Games

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sure... why not." says happy, not even looking up from his ale. "I suppose it can't hurt" "but if you keep making speeches, we're gone!"
    Last edited by Cruxador; 2007-12-16 at 11:30 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Marin

"Less'say twenty-two and ye've got a deal" Marin replies to the shopkeeper. After the exchange is complete, she pockets her gold and looks around, finally she flips up the hood of her cloak and walks into Harringtons, trying to get to someplace she can watch the crowd.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the shopkeeper holds to twenty, or goes to 21 that's okay by me if it just happens so we don't go on forever there. My main goal in the tavern is to not attract attention, and to get somewhere I can just people watch for now.

-Walt Disney

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rogan

The hunter gives a grin and a nod.

Believe me, birdy, once we get out into the thick of it, you'll be lucky if you see or hear me. What about you? he asks the Green Bear
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Geoffery laughs as his cousin refers to his warrior talents. "While I may have skill in battle I prefer to use it to protect those who cannot protect themselves. I'm particularly fond of deposing aloof monarchs who have lost their sense of purpose." Memories of his father flood Geoffery's mind. Almost as quickly has they appear they are gone, merely appearing to pause for breath. His attention is suddenly drawn to a rather boisterous man seated with a few other fellows and a bird. "Besil, perhaps some of your calming music will change the atmosphere here a bit?" With that Geoffery gets up, walking stick in hand and slowly moves toward the boisterous fellow, hoping to prevent a brawl.
    Last edited by Kyroswolf; 2007-12-17 at 10:29 AM.
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Green Bear

The bounty hunter scowls.

"Normally I would tell you to go to hell, but since I plan on living after the death of this monster, I'll accept to join forces," he commits, though to say Rogan is leader is like getting blood from a turnip for Bear. "But that beast killed someone very important to me and I promised his daughter I'd kill the damn thing, so if you want my help, know that I'm going to finish it off. The reward for it alive could be ten times what's offered and I'd still kill it and be done with this affair."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

That's fine by me. Far as I know, this thing's wanted dead-not-alive. Hopefully, we can start out tomorow morning. I'm gonna see if I can get anybody else to join our merry group.

Rogan obtains some paper and ink from the stores and writes the following:

Notice: A hunting posse will be gathering at daybreak tomorow to kill the beast once and for all. Stout bodied hunters requested. Cowards need not apply.

Mr. Rogan, expedition leader

He makes sure that he does so very conspicuously.
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2007-12-17 at 02:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Bear finishes off his ale in response to Rogan's recruitment drive.

Not that there's enough booze for this situation...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Listening intently to his companions, Vincent considers as they both speak, attempting to form some kind of strategy to take the beast down. Hmm... A Song Mage and an unarmed brawler with what looks to be some kind of Divine connection... Not a bad start, not bad at all, but certainly lacking in several areas.

Taking another sip from his cup, Vincent addresses the two men, "Are either of you trackers at all? A Forester or Wild Shifter would be helpful in tracking this beast, and there would seem to be several options nearby," motioning towards Rogan and Green Bear, "if you agree with my assessment."
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

22. - Top - End - #52
    Halfling in the Playground

" I wish to join your party only I hope you will alow me to take a claw or two as souveneirs... well if theres anything left of it that is," Marcus says turning swiftly to a passing wench he orders a round of drinks for the others then sits eyeing up the tough looking green bear.
    Star Wars:Dawn of Defiance
    An official WoTc Camapign for my first time as a GM. Apply within!

23. - Top - End - #53

Marin

The Shopkeeper settles at 22 gold pieces, and bids her goodnight.

Inside of Harringtons, she has ample view of the goings-on in the Inn as described in...

Harringtons

Outside the Afternoon gives way to Evening, and though the Inn is still loud and boistrous, it's significantly less so than when everyone first arrived. The night is winding down with the rest of the boys from Brille having stumbling along to their room, along with a good portion of the nameless drunks that otherwise filled the Tavern.

The large man and his shifty-looking companion remain, they don't seem to be talking much anymore. Just watching the room, along the same lines as what Marin is up to.
    If RPG's have taught me anything, it's that all social and economic problems of the world can be solved through murder.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by ReproMan View Post
    Taking another sip from his cup, Vincent addresses the two men, "Are either of you trackers at all? A Forester or Wild Shifter would be helpful in tracking this beast, and there would seem to be several options nearby," motioning towards Rogan and Green Bear, "if you agree with my assessment."
    Besil nods. "It sounds like a wise course of action," he replies. "We will need those more familiar with the wilds then we are. Although they do sounds like a rowdy and violent bunch. Could be a problem if the beasts intentions are not as dark as I have heard..."

Besil stands and walks over the Geoffery, placing a hand on his shoulder. "He may be a braggart, but that group may be what we need, if their claims of knowing the wilds are true. Come let us see if they will have us."

Besil continues to Mr. Rogan, calling out to him. "Sir! If you are need of three more able bodies, my companions and I are in need of forest men and trackers to help us on our hunt. I have no doubt a trap savant, an intrepid warrior, and a succorer would help strengthen your party for the challenge ahead."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Jaegar turned around to walk back to the downtown area. It seemed from his conversation with the other man that the hunter was unwilling to provide the information he had hoped to get. He headed over to the inn that was recommended.

Fortunately, things seemed much calmer there than they had been earlier. He didn't mind the din that was left. Jaegar stepped inside to take a look around at who was left. A familiar scene. He knew his part well, and it should be much easier this time, as just about everyone here was assembled for the same purpose. Inside he saw the same thing he came to expect every time he entered such a place. A lot of people trying to look and act tough. Some in the corner, attempting to use intrigue to silently scream for attention. Then of course, you have the locals, just there to drink and have a good time.

He decided sit at the bar, among the latter, and ordered an ale for himself. Before taking a seat, he removed his enormous bow and greatsword from his back and leaned them against the counter next to him. He let out a great sigh. Relaxing was what he needed after the last few days of hard travel.
    The best way to describe being Master of the Universe is that it's like wearing underpants fresh out of the dryer. Yeah, that's the feeling...

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mantid View Post
    Besil continues to Mr. Rogan, calling out to him. "Sir! If you are need of three more able bodies, my companions and I are in need of forest men and trackers to help us on our hunt. I have no doubt a trap savant, an intrepid warrior, and a succorer would help strengthen your party for the challenge ahead."
    Bonzer. I'm a bit of a trapper myself, maybe you can help me turn the odds more to our favor. That makes 6... should be enough for what we're dealing with. We'll meet here in the morning.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

27. - Top - End - #57

Marin

Watching the door, Marin smirked as she watched one of the newcomers arrive at the bar. Pulling one of the barmaids aside, she whispered something into her ear. When the woman looked at her with a puzzled expression she spoke again and pressed a coin into her hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ordering tea to be delievered to Ryax's character at the bar, but rather than in a teapot, it should be in an alecup. And the coin is simply a tip - the Baron is paying for all these adventurers, so Marin will assume that many of those assembled will not be tipping anyone.

-Walt Disney

28. - Top - End - #58

"Right away Ma'am." The barmaid taking Marin's order says with a smile, once she gets over her curiousity at the unusual order. She hurries off to the back to brew up a fresh pot of tea.

Minutes later, she comes back out, Ale mug in hand, plopping it down in front of Jaeger. "From yer Lady friend over there," she tells him with a wink and a nod to Marin across the room.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

A bit surprised, Jaegar thanked the woman and inspected the mug. He then grinned as he took a drink. Yep. Tea. Standing up, he gathered his weapons and his drinks, and headed for the table where Marin was sitting. "Evening, Lady," he said as he sat down. "I wondered if I might run into you again around here."
    The best way to describe being Master of the Universe is that it's like wearing underpants fresh out of the dryer. Yeah, that's the feeling...

30. - Top - End - #60

Marin

Grinning, Marin raises her cup to Jaegar. "The world is not nearly as large as we like to think it is," she comments. "News as tasty as this carried quite quickly after all." She pauses to take a long sip of her wine. "Not too bad," she mumbled more to herself. "So what have you been up to?"

-Walt Disney