New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Big Game Hunters (IC)

Jaegar smirked at the question and relaxed back against his chair. "Well you know. The usual. Keeping myself busy and fed. Of course what I heard about this place was too hard to resist."

"And what about you," he grinned. "Still selling trinkets inbetween slaughtering things?"
    The best way to describe being Master of the Universe is that it's like wearing underpants fresh out of the dryer. Yeah, that's the feeling...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Marin

"Sure enough," she replied. "It's something to do in my spare time, and gives a little cushion in case I can't kill my way to my dinner. Surely better than hiring myself out to some temple or other."
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Jaegar nodded in understanding. "But from the sound of things, this beast they have here would be well worth it. Quite a challenge. It's obviously strong enough to tear apart many men at a time." He then lowered his voice, to make sure what he said next was only between the two of them. "That normally wouldn't be much of a problem, but from what I've heard...you know I think it may be intelligent. If it does have brains to match, all of these fools are going to get themselves killed, unprepared for what awaits. They'll never realize that they are actually the prey."
    The best way to describe being Master of the Universe is that it's like wearing underpants fresh out of the dryer. Yeah, that's the feeling...

4. - Top - End - #64

"Aye, too right" Marin replied with a smirk. "I suppose the right thing to do would be to try and get them to realize just what they might be up against. Or..." she lowered her voice a bit more, "we could just pick up the pieces afterward. What say, old friend?"

-Walt Disney

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

"It seems that the next batch of fools are going after it in the morning. If we were to simply follow and observe, then we can get an idea of how it thinks, and how it fights, before making our own move. No predator ever became very successful by being wreckless."

6. - Top - End - #66

"Seems reasonable to me," Marin replied. "What is it they say... 'the wise learn from others mistakes'?"

-Walt Disney

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Jaegar simply smiled, with a nod, and took a drink of his tea.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The following morning, Mr. Rogan rises at the break of dawn and heads to the lodge to see who shows up for the hunt and who, cowardly, stays behind.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Assuming here that Zimmia and Jaeger simply finish up the small talk and call it a night.

So we can push things along and start this up again before it dies!

The following morning

Cleaned up and free of drunkards, most of whom are still sleeping off last night's excesses, Harrington's is a revived building, much more in line with the small town homeliness you would expect of a town like Spielburg. A plump man who was barely part of the background last night is out in full force serving breakfast to the six youths from Brille who were boasting so loudly last night. The lot of them look ready to leave within the next few minutes, "Eat up boys, Yer parents must be proud o' ye, bein' such fine young hunters."

When Rogan comes out, the man steps right up, extending a meaty palm in welcome, "Good morning stranger! Warms me heart to see ye' up an' eager hunters passin' through. Terribly sorry to not have made yer' acquaintance last night, what with how busy we were and all. Name's Harrington, proprieter of this Inn, let me know if you need anything while you're here."
    If RPG's have taught me anything, it's that all social and economic problems of the world can be solved through murder.

10. - Top - End - #70

Besil wanders into the common room, ready to begin the day's hunt.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Geoffery follows close on the heels of his cousin. Quickly scanning the bar again. He acknowledges Rogan, then sits at a table, waiting for the hunt.
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Raven from last night flies into the room and finds a solitary perch, though its owner doesn't seem to be present.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rogan

No worries, mate. Set me up with some bangers and mash and I'll be happy as a clam. I'm just waiting for my men to assemble and eat before we head out.

To the bird:

Where's the big frowny bloke?
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

"He's in the room still. should be down eventually"

15. - Top - End - #75

"So, Breakfast fer just three o' ye and a bird is it? Do ye' have any more friends coming down I should let the cooks know about? I should hope they get here soon, Morning's almost over!" Harrington asks after subtly pushing Rogan, Geoffery, and Basil off to the same table. He's at a loss over how to feed the bird, but has seen enough over the past few days to know about wizards and what the Raven is.

After a moment spent thinking about it, he just straight out asks him, "And what would you be wanting for breakfast?"
    Last edited by Mikeavelli; 2008-01-02 at 08:16 AM.
    If RPG's have taught me anything, it's that all social and economic problems of the world can be solved through murder.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

The Big Frowny Bloke

Bear finishes grinding down a decent edge on his hatchet; when he appears coming down the steps (notably, his footsteps are suspiciously quiet) he's thumbing the edge of the weapon and find it satisfactory. Rather than sleeping in he'd been up with the sun, making sure his gear was in working fashion.

"Meat." is his answer as he grimly slides the axe into place over his right shoulder, completing his preparations.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I get to choose? um.. I'd like some meat" Says the raven. "When my cheerful companion comes down he'll be hungry too, but he'll eat whatever you give him"
    Last edited by Cruxador; 2008-01-02 at 03:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

"Nothing for me thank you. Perhaps a little extra for my companions here."

Geoffery declines the offered meal as he waits for the rest of the hunters to arrive.
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

19. - Top - End - #79

"Right then, We've got some ham for you, big fellow, and I'll have the lasses' chop some of it up for the little Master." Harrington caters to the Bear and the Raven respectively, "Eggs and ham all around for the indecisive, can't say I've ever heard of Bangers though. Those some kind of biscuit?"

20. - Top - End - #80

Marin

Marin comes downstairs in the morning, and finds a table away from the larger crowd, standing her greatsword against the wall. She orders some eggs, bread and tea and then takes out a length of fine leather and braids it while she waits.

-Walt Disney

21. - Top - End - #81

"Seems some of us are a little slow to rise this morning," Besil remarks. "Perhaps some of us should head over to the temporary hospital and speak with Taen Kras while whoever stays here can gather up the late comers and meet them there."