New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Second Golden Age of the Sith [Pregame Roleplay]

"No more loose wire jokes...he's trying." -Anakin Skywalker

Vykan Zendra

As intended and implied, Zendra stood in the turbolift, waiting for it to begin it's motion downwards. He continued to wait, pushing the appropriate buttons, a progressively irritated grimace drawing itself upon his face.
    I am a Jedi!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Salina Jax

Salina walked slowly into the commons area, taking in her surroundings without ever once shifting her eyes. There was Renato, of whom she knew a little, given his attraction to the archives -- although given his choice of reading, she was uncertain whether his desire for knowledge had more to do with the Force or simply knowledge for its own sake.

With him, too, was that muscular, aggressive woman who was said to be of Mandalorian origin. Of that one, she knew very little, but she could guess the type easily enough.

Without looking their way, she retrieved for herself a small meal, only finally turning her eyes toward them as she approached the table.

"May I sit here?" she asked in a soft, almost toneless voice, eyes locked firmly on Renato.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Made you look.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Drupada Taipo

Drupada nodded some. It seemed he'd find no conversation with the other man, but he put it out of his mind and waited some more. The bacta was working fast; whether he knew it or not, the Force was healing him as well. Shortly after the little exchange, the droids dinged and he popped out of the tank.

Cleaned, pressed, and feeling back up to snuff, he followed his ears toward the common room, a stack of sandwiches and a high energy beverage in his hands. Noticing the others, he picked a comfortable seat and ate slowly. "And I am Drupada Taipo, for those of you who don't know me. I spent most of my life flying freighters, though my real passion are starfighters." He looked around the room carefully. Beskreiga he already knew was an excellent ally to have, but the others were new to him. Hopefully, he could find out their strengths...and weaknesses before too long. On land, he wasn't much of a field commander yet, but get him in space and he is in his element.

Drupada shivered some. He hated the cold more than anything in the galaxy. Rising, he moved closer to a heater and reveled in it's warmth.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Beskreiga Ordo

Beskreiga, still dressed in her hybrid sith robes and durasteel armor, sat down at the table and nodded to Renato. His politeness, was useless, but at least he was to the point and kept it brief. She had barely finished her first sip of her mug of Caf, when she heard the voices of the other two. She raised a red rusty eyebrow at Taipo's introduction replying first to him. "You're blunt, rather open, and you give away too much information early on..." Then she offered a wicked grin. "Just like your fighting style. Come on, sit down. I won't deny someone who at least tried today. You too, Miss Sith."

She was getting in a better mood...perhaps her second cup of Caf was already working in it's caffinated magics...or Taipo's return from the med lab, reminded her of her victory earlier that day.

Taking a moment to readjust her headband which kept back her thick rust-red bangs,the Mandalorian turned to the other apprentices and introduced herself. "I'm Beskreiga Ordo. We all know Taipo now...what about you two?"

As she asks, she takes out her carbine and kit again, and removes the power cell. Her base electrical needed maitence was done, but there where parts like the extendable stock that needed to be clean and repaired.
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a full 10 Kilonazis!? I only burned down...30 orphanages..."

Current Inspirational Music: "Sleeping Beauty" by A Perfect Circle

Rest in peace, E. Gary Gygax. May you be buried under a +5 Vorpral Tombstone.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gaimon

The pale, lean man, after his exercises in the Force Training Chamber, takes the turbolift down. He exits the lift, his gait sure and measured, and strides towards the central common room. There he sees four others, faces familiar but not well-known to the pallid man. There are times I wish I had spent more time getting to know my fellow students, he thinks.

He sees three gathering around another already sitting, datapad in hand. Gaimon eyed the three, considering moving through the room into another. His earlier experience with Brel T'hann and his solitude in the Force Training Chamber, however, left him with a desire for camaraderie and kinship. One hand moving unconsciously to his cybernetic implant, he strode towards them.

He approaches. His voice sounds distant, filtered through a plasteel subvocalizer: "May I join you? I've seen you -kssk- about, but I don't know your names. I'm Gaimon."

(description)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gaimon is a tall man unconcerned with his overall appearance: his long hair is uncombed, the colour of dark dish water, and his black and umber robes are worn. Dead brown eyes peer from a pale face and scars cover most of his wiry, wan body. He is an unforgettable figure due to his cybernetic subvocalizer mask. He requires the device to speak, and it gives his voice a harsh, metallic quality.
    "When two tigers fight, one will lose." -- Chinese proverb

Characters in Games:
    Gaimon Tarn, Human Dark Jedi | Second Golden Age of the Sith
    Brek Sorath, Dashade Soldier | Dawn of Defiance

6. - Top - End - #66

Salina Jax

Jade eyes shift to the one who calls himself Drupada, then slowly back to the Mandalorian woman, whose name turns out to be Beskreiga. After a long pause, she sits quietly, speaking just one word: "Salina."

No sooner does that word pass her lips than yet another person approaches the increasingly popular table, revealing himself to be Gaimon. The sight of the bizarre, disheveled man causes Salina's eyes to widen slightly, only for the briefest of moments before her expression returns to its usual impassive mask.

"I'm Salina," she says again for his benefit, then takes a sip from her glass of water.
    Last edited by Nowhere Girl; 2007-12-21 at 10:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Made you look.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Renato Benso

"Greetings. I am Renato Benso" he nods his head politely to each newcomer sizing them up and trying to discern their particular aptitudes and focuses. The warriors were easy to pick out, you always knew what they wanted to do, it was the thinkers one had to worry about, their plans and plots are legion.

Tapping a few keys on the datapad he closes the document before placing the pad back in it's belt pouch. Taking a sip from his drink his gaze drifts to everyone at the table. Waiting for someone else to strike up a conversation, taking the lead could make a person very dead very fast, best to let things run their course and give subtle nudges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

8. - Top - End - #68

Csaba Obscura

Csaba Obscura slowly strides out of her room, heavy boots clicking on the floor with every step. She pauses at every intersection, turning her head back and forth.

The entire Sith academy disorients her - it is like nowhere she has ever been. It wasn't the architechture or the air. It was something else entirely. As a Miraluka she could see through the force, and what she sees unsettles her. The very walls give off an aura of malice and darkness. She was no stranger to war and suffering. She was attuned to it and had gotten used to death. But the Sith Academy somehow seems more menacing than any battlefield she has ever been on. With rigid discipline she continues walking, ignoring her growing discomfort. She would have to get used to it, that was all.

She continues walking and sees something shining brightly ahead. She follows the light, heading toward the common area. As she nears it, she can make out individuals, glowing in the force. She snorts quietly. They are obviously taking no care to conceal themselves, and she wonders why. She reaches out to them through the force, then stops herself. Instead she confidently strides into the room, stopping short of the table.

"Ah. Is there a party I wasn't invited to? I wouldn't want to intrude..."

She pauses for a second, then she lifts her hood, revealing her white eyes. She looks around the table.

"And you are presumably my fellow students. We haven't been formally introduced yet, but you may call me Csaba."

She watches the others for their reactions, attempting to size them up. She wonders which ones will make suitable servants once she eventually takes the title of Dark Lady.
    Last edited by Caewil; 2007-12-22 at 03:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Salina Jax

The corners of Salina's mouth tug upward into a small, wry smile. She acknowledges the newcomer with a glance, then shifts her eyes away again, offering no reply as none was expressly solicited.

"What everyone is wondering, but no one wants to openly address," she instead remarks evenly, without preamble, "is what the future of our academy's leadership will be."

She then takes another sip from her glass of water, as though she'd said nothing of note.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Made you look.

10. - Top - End - #70

Csaba Obscura

Csaba stands silently for a moment, listening as the slender human nonchalantly baits the others with her statement. She smiles at apprentice's audacity, recognizing her as Salina Jax. Remmon Kaid had said she was a force prodigy, potentially one of the most powerful Sith around. So, she was trying to elicit a reaction? Well, two could play at that game.

"I do not know." She lowers her hood over her head as she speaks. "Come, let us hear your view."

11. - Top - End - #71

Salina Jax

"My view?" she echoes, staring thoughtfully into her half-full glass. "It's impossible to know," she says after a long moment, then almost immediately amends, "or, at least, beyond my skill."

She puts the glass down and looks up at the miraluka. "Too much is unknown. Who bears the greatest ambition?" Again that small smile. "Whom does most of the academy support?"

Almost as an afterthought, she adds, "And where did Lord Tavorrik go ... and why?"
    Last edited by Nowhere Girl; 2007-12-22 at 05:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Made you look.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gaimon

Gaimon nods to Salina, Csaba and Renato, his flat brown eyes taking them in, his mask obscuring any expression he might have, though there is a brightening in his eyes when he observes Salina's reaction. Yes, he thinks. Thanks to that Jedi trainee wench I will always create such a look wherever I go. In time, these shall know not to feel pity or sympathy...

The lean man shrugs noncommittally at Salina's comments, and says, his voice at times sounding like a droid's, "It makes little difference. -kssk- Survival is paramount. The Sith are and have always been strong because they move with the changes in the wind, not against them. We must do likewise." His eyes harden, his veiny hands becoming fists. A softer, metallic humming follows: "Unlike the blinded and arrogant -kssk- Jedi pawns."

Gaimon reaches up to his neck, arching his neck slightly to the side. Prodding carefully with his fingers, he readjusts the vocalizer. For a few moments the veins in his neck and temples strain against his pallid skin. The man looks at Renato. His voice now is less droid-like but holds that metallic edge. "Have you read Darth Krayt's treatment on subterfuge, Renato?"
    Last edited by Rafe; 2007-12-22 at 09:46 AM.

Characters in Games:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Drupada Taipo

Drupada smirks some at Beskreiga's comment about his openness. Yes, he had mentioned that he had been a freighter pilot, but that was it. It is also true that he leaves almost everything at the door when he fights. There's subterfuge...and then there's just toying with your enemy for no good reason. One thing that Sith practices had taught him was that people deserve a quick, honorable death with minimal suffering. Another curious view for a Sith, but dead is dead.

"I never said I was the best fighter in the academy." He smiles again in a friendly manner. "And letting you know I'm a pilot is giving away too much information? There is no strength in ignorance." His tone was good natured, showing that he lets her comments slide off his back. Finishing one of the sandwiches and taking another drink, he listens to the others.

"The future of the academy? There are two variables involved in that question. First, the question of how painless the transition of power will be. Unfortunately, Sith infighting gets out of control without a powerful leader and that could lead to the destruction of the academy and the loss of a great deal of knowledge that has been recompiled. Secondly, we must consider the direction a new Sith Lord would take us in. Our survival depends on that direction; a fool will send us to death on futile missions to destroy the rebuilding Jedi or secure some world without sufficient backup.

"My personal opinion I will keep to myself. In the end, we are still just Apprentices and speculation amongst ourselves serves only to draw battle lines between people who could gain more by standing together than standing divided."

Drupada began eating another sandwich slowly. There was a time for talking and a time for listening. This was the latter.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

S-o-d-a, Soda

14. - Top - End - #74

Antos Mereck

*Tink. Tink. Tink.* Antos ignored the sound of the toes of his boots tapping against the hard floor beneath him. Caring about it won't make it go away, he thought to himself. There aren't exactly an abundance of places a human of his height can do chin-ups without his feet touching the floor, anyway. He continued to haul his broad, muscular frame up and down for an eternity of 45 seconds. As his arms began to tire, the sound began slower and slower. The sweat seemed to be trickling all the way down the olive-tone skin of his body. As his grip on the bar began to weaken and he began to gradually slip, he lashed out angrily at himself.

You're pathetic. Can't hang on to the bar. Just like you couldn't hang on to your family. The thought sent a cold jolt of adrenaline through his veins. Just like you couldn't hang on Ceilia. His teeth clamped together like a vice as he felt his blood pressure rise. You are not letting go, weakling. Not again. With nothing left but raw emotion, the sergeant drags himself up into the air one last time. Once he lifted his square jaw over the bar, his hands gave out and he crashed onto the floor, knees-first.

He kneeled there for only a few moments to breath before he stood up and grabbed his towel. He dabbed the perspiration off of his face and completely ignored the pathetic trickle of blood coming from his right knee. Need to shower, then report in. It's about time to get to work. As he peels off his wet tanktop and lobs it into its bin, he speaks his daily mantra to the bar as he walks out of his room towards the showers. "One day I'll tear you off that damned wall."

After a frigid shower, a change of clothes, and a few moments to re-equip his gear, Sergeant Antos Mereck steadily marched into the common area wearing his midnight blue protective suit, his black bandolier draped from right shoulder to his left waist, a blaster pistol dangling from his side, and a rifle hanging from his back by a strap. He couldn't help but spot the collection of humanoids growing in the room. Robes. Sith apprentices. From his past experience serving in the Sith military, he couldn't help but to sardonically add: Can't wait to see which one will 'play commander' towards me first. Antos had fought for the Sith long enough to know that he's considered 2nd-class to these Dark Jedi. He grabbed a heaping tray of food and sat down at a table a respectable distance away from them. His "status" to them didn't matter to him much - it wasn't his job to be popular. If they were competent leaders, he had no problem serving them with his life. If they were fools, he'd just have to count the days until their poor choices cost them their lives. He'd gotten his troopers through their share of poor officers already. Survival was the closest thing he had to a talent.

However, it seemed that someone had new plans for the lowly sergeant. He was transferred from his combat unit to this Dark Jedi academy for some reason or another. It wasn't his place to ask. All that mattered is that he was here, and soon there would be work to do. He gave a short nod towards the assembled Sith, and left it at that. He began to neatly and quietly eat his dinner.
    Last edited by TheGreatJabu; 2007-12-22 at 02:59 PM.
    "This man wishes to be accorded the same privilege as a sponge!" - Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind

15. - Top - End - #75

Renato Benso

"I have not had the pleasure of reading that particular article. There is too much to read and too little time between training sessions.", came the reply Gaimon's question.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raiko

Seeing the talkative Zabrak leave he resumed his trance. His wounds healed fast and in no time he was out of the tank. He had learned more today, strengths of a student and some Sith history.

He quickly dressed and made sure all his weapons where hidden and walked to the turbo-lift. The Academy was both dulling and awakening. His understanding of the "Force" as they call it, has grown as his master predicted. Master had said it would help in survival and staying on a higher food-chain. Having witnessed his master in action, he had no doubt how powerfull the force could be. On the other hand, the safe enviroment and basic needs satisfied dulled him. He found a cure, Hoth's surface. It was a comfortable enviroment to test himself.

The four armed humanoid stepped out of the turbolift and walked into the common-room. He grabbed some food and sat down close to the students discussing some matter.
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

17. - Top - End - #77

Salina Jax

"Then," Salina puts in softly, looking up from her as-yet-untouched meal to fix Drupada with an eerily unwavering stare, "you believe there is power in solidarity."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Made you look.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Drupada Taipo

"I believe that the strength of one is eclipsed by the strength of many. Any group stands to gain more by working together than by working separately. A lone being could take over the galaxy, but without supporters, he will find his empire crumbles long before he realizes what is going on." Drupada had always been pragmatic in his approach to life. This was no different.

S-o-d-a, Soda

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gaimon

Gaimon eyes Raiko entering and sitting near, but nods in agreement with Drupada. "The Sith nearly allowed themselves to be destroyed in the Last Battle of Ruusan because they fought both -ksst- an enemy within and the Jedi. The Sith survived the millennia following only through pragmatic subtlety."

Gaimon again tilts his head and adjusts something at this neck, the tiny blinking tell-tales on the subvocalizer shifting hue. "Arrogance and over-confidence are not virtues in the Sith. -ksssst- Pragmatism and the power to self-determine are... as is the ability to recognize allies when they present themselves."

Characters in Games:

20. - Top - End - #80

Antos Mereck

Apart from the occasional sound of his fork lightly scraping against the tray, Antos continues to feed in silence. He soon found himself listening in on the conversation of the acolytes. He focused on looking down at his tray as he ate, but he couldn't resist the desire to occasionally glance over at the group. If I've been transferred here, I bet I'll eventually have to work with some of this lot. Won't hurt to hear what I'm in for.

Each time one of the Sith finished speaking, he'd give a casual glance up to learn a face for each voice. The humanoid with four arms certainly caught his attention. The woman with what looked like solid white eyes held his attention for more than her share of time, as well. She looked human, but those eyes... Hmm. Only this 'Force' of theirs could make a blind person a competent fighter. The other alien was one of those spiky-headed types, probably one of those Iridonians. Then there seemed to be a human woman with a surprisingly strong build, and another woman who seemed to be a complete contrast with her delicate frame and icy-cool bearing. Add in the three human males, the one with long hair, another looking somewhat waifish, and the last looking pretty poorly between his unkempt appearance, scars, and what looked to be a mechanical breather on his face. That was the bunch. His examinations led him to a surprised thought. Some of these acolytes look so...young. Trained killers at that age. No one should have to live such a dark life so early on. For a moment, he had a twinge of emotion in the pit of his stomach; in years past it would have sprouted into feelings of sympathy, but that was a long time ago. It only took one more bite to dismiss the sensation entirely.

Antos finished his own little internal monologue just in time to catch the last few exchanges between Four-Arms and Respirator. Thus far he's content with what he hears. Good. Those two are realistic, at least. The Force may let them do incredible things, but the Sith sure as hell aren't gods. A few I've met didn't realize that until it was too late. He felt a small grin creep across his face. I warned you, 'commander'.
    Last edited by TheGreatJabu; 2007-12-23 at 11:38 AM.
    "This man wishes to be accorded the same privilege as a sponge!" - Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind

21. - Top - End - #81

Renato Benso

"But, arrogance and overconfidence are often the trappings of the Sith and our Jedi enemy. The mysteries of the force grants us abilities beyond those of anyone normal, and it becomes all too easy to feel as like a god. Normally, this is not a bad thing, as eventually the overconfidence will lead to their demise and the truly strong will prosper. But, one's overconfidence can lead to the destruction of the order and we must make sure that no one's foolishness can lead to our collective end."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gaimon

The lank man nods once again in agreement, then shrugs and gazes off, peering between strings of unkempt dark hair. "That is the razor's edge that all must walk. For those attuned to the Force, this edge is but sharper. As you say -kssk- Renato, the strong will out; overconfidence breeds its own weaknesses."

Looking back to the group, his eyes sharpen with amusement. "Also, we must contend with the constant trickery of our masters and instructors. No doubt these tests are meant to focus us, forcing us to be mindful. While it is tempting, we must not allow our -ksssssk- superiors to force wedges between us when we must be of a single mind to accomplish our tasks."

Characters in Games:

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Drupada Taipo

There's more to this razor than you realize. There's also the edge between the dogmatic, faux pacifism of the Jedi and the ultimately destructive practices of the Sith. "Renato, your words are more true than you realize. Our instructors, be they Jedi or Sith, teach us that we are special because we can feel the Force far more than the average Joe walking down the streets of Corellia. From our indoctrination, we are led to believe...no, to RELY on the Force for our survival. By relying on it, we become too self-reliant and more likely to become overly arrogant. We also forget that there are trillions of beings in the galaxy who make their way through the day without using it, breeding even more contempt. In the end, nothing is achieved and the galaxy as a whole is weakened through foolish machinations.

"But it is one thing to talk about these things. It is a wholly other thing to put it into practice. Only time will tell if we can, and will, take these lessons to heart."

S-o-d-a, Soda

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raiko

The four armed tan skinned humanoid rose up and came closer to those debating

"The zabrak has some truth in his words. The Force is an edge we have in survival. To over rely on something makes you dull and weak. Say if you rely on getting a warm meal served to you every day and then someday there is no food delivered. What to do?"

"There are things you take for granted. What happens if something is taken away?"
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gaimon

The man fixes the two with his amber-brown gaze. His chuckle sounds like scraping metal: "Adapt."

Characters in Games:

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Drupada Taipo

Drupada nodded to Gaimon. "Just so. It is the rule of the galaxy: adapt or die. I think that is what is happening to the Sith now. The old ways are failing. It is not enough for one person to want the destruction of the Jedi and control of the galaxy. It is not enough for two, three, four, five, or even a hundred people to say that. No, it will take millions, if not, billions of people working together without worrying about personal ambition or about the others plotting against them. Such things make us weaker.

"And, quite frankly, isn't it better to control a smaller portion of the galaxy than none at all?"
    He leaned back some and tore into another sandwich, half expecting the Mandalorian to make another comment about his openness. Subterfuge has it's place, but not when rallying others or fostering trust.

S-o-d-a, Soda

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Raven T. View Post
    Drupada Taipo

"Our instructors, be they Jedi or Sith, teach us that we are special because we can feel the Force far more than the average Joe walking down the streets of Corellia."
    At the table across the room, the sounds of eating stop and Antos's head quickly jerks up to look up at the Iridonian speaker. He stares at the man for a moment, his eyes flashing with alarm. How the hell does he... After a second he calms himself with light clearing of the throat. It was just a random example. He doesn't know you. Finish your dinner, and leave this lot to their musings.

The slow but rhythmic sound of his fork continues as Mereck begins to clean the last scraps off of his tray.
    Last edited by TheGreatJabu; 2007-12-23 at 06:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

Renato Benso

Reaching his glasss he bumps it nearly tipping it over. Grabbing it and steadying it in the nick of time before any of its contents can spill, he takes a sip. "Establishing control over a small portion of the Galaxy is a start and through proper expansion can lead to control of the entire galaxy. But it also makes our presence known and presents our enemy with a target to focus their forces against."

29. - Top - End - #89

Salina Jax

"Then you would certainly contend," Salina concludes, addressing no one in particular, instead studying her glass of water, as though the liquid hides some important secret, "that Darth Bane was a fool."

She lets her words hang heavily in the air without further exposition, content to allow the others to do the majority of the talking. For the first time since sitting at the table, she takes a bite from her salad.
    Last edited by Nowhere Girl; 2007-12-23 at 06:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Made you look.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Drupada Taipo

Drupada made no physical sign that he was going to respond to Salina's comment about Bane. In the end, Bane did what he felt was right and that preserved the core of Sith teachings for a thousand years without interference from Jedi meddling.

"I did not mean controlling a portion of the galaxy as a short term goal. I mentioned it in reference to the end product; if we were, as a group, to bring about a new Sith Empire, I would be more than content with retaining control of only a sector of the galaxy. As I said, for me, ruling a fistful of planets is preferable to ruling nothing at all." Of course, the planets that he wanted...Onderon, Yavin, Dantooine, and Korriban, to name a few...were all sacred sites and repositories of Sith knowledge. What he could uncover there would strengthen the Sith...and, most importantly, himself...far more than a galactic throne ever could.

S-o-d-a, Soda