New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Serenity/Firefly: Hole in the Black IC

Annalise winces in sympathy when Trevor knocks his head against the overhead machinery. "Easy, there. Are you all right?" She starts as if to move toward him, to look for a wound, but stops the impulse before getting close enough as to invade his personal space. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." An apologetic smile.

"It looks like you really know what you're doing, there," she says, nodding at the control console. "Captain bring you aboard to help with piloting?" If she receives an affirmative response, she continues, "Well, if you've got any questions about the sensors, let me know; Boran and I have made some pretty extensive modifications to 'em. They're more sensitive now, but the readings can take a bit of getting used to, y'know?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Zöe Althira in When On Olympus
    Ratri Aeval in Double Major
    Mercedes Swift, Scion of Hermes, in ???
    Haiiro Mariko in The Scarlet Shadow
    Kris "Krash" Ashton in Colony
    Karen Mallory in Changing Breeds

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Boran walks through the crew quarters on his way to the tech lounge, but stops when he see's Annalise on the bridge.

"Hey Anna! I see you've met Trevor.. he doesn't seem to say much. But he certainly knows how to move the Hole around all shiny. And he lets me play with the sensors all I want when I'm on watch too! I'm glad the cap'n chose him. Keep it up Trevor!"

With a flippant wave, Boran walks into his sensor nest. He stops, checks all his pockets (a lengthy process. He's sewn numerous extra pockets in various places.), and satisfied he hasn't acquired anything he doesn't recognize (though Lee will probably want that bullet back. Again.) he starts to muck about with the two way communicators.

3. - Top - End - #63

Trevor Zane

Trevor pushes his hat back a little, and nods to Annalise.

"Y-yeah, I don't know sensors too well, I mean, I can see's far as what they read a little, but I'm glad we got someone to look after 'em. I'm a bit...I mean...uh, well, um..." Trevor stammers, but is interrupted by Boran. He gives him a sheepish nod and then turns back to Annalise.

"What were we talking about?" He asks in a more relaxed tone.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

Here is tentative list of the costs of the operation, figures are credits per month:

Fuel: 1100
    Food: For someone eating only protein packs supplemented by the garden, it would be 11; throw in some canned and fresh goods, and it would be closer to 20. All in all, for ten people, probably about 150.
    Medical supplies, ammo, garden supplies, docking/water fees, etc.: 400
    Ship maintenance: 700

Please continue setting up the story. It's been roughly a month or two since Alex first bought the ship, right? In any case, once you guys pick up Jin and Ryder on Persephone, before you take off, a boy runs up to anyone returning to the ship and asks to speak to the Captain.

"Me boss's got a job offer fo' ye, dependin'."
    He's a young kid, maybe 17, and waits expectantly to be led to the Captain. This is not unusual for the Eavesdown Docks, with all the bustling about.
    Last edited by ancalimohtar; 2007-12-19 at 06:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Banned

((I'm alive, I'm alive! Sorry--Finals, then packing and flying home, then being unconscious, then seeing my girlfriend for the first time in a month.))

"Hole in the Black's only been runnin' a short while now so we're still workin' through the kinks. You don't have to worry about her fallin' apart though, I'm the one puttin' her together and I'm good, graduated S.I.T. Where'd you graduate from anyway?"
    Alex's tone continued to be casual and the folksy twang she was using helped keep that air up, but someone real sensative to these things might imagine Jin unnerved her a bit, made her think he wasn't on the level.
    Jin Wei-Li

Jin tilts his head in Alex's direction and pauses, gaze going a little far away for a moment, and then falls back into step.
    "A Mil-Acad in the core. Didn't graduate, though--left, like I said. Of my own volition, wasn't thrown out, if that's what you're thinking. No need to take me at my word--set up a shootin' target, have me spar with One-Eye back there... I'm willin' to prove myself."
    Although he seems alert enough, his walk is relaxed and his tone is easy.
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2007-12-19 at 03:34 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

((I'm assuming Alex is still out.))

Ryder looks up curiously, when he hears the offer of a job. "Depending on what?" he asks nicely, standing up and leading the boy to Alex as he awaits a reply. He soon finds that the captain is out, however. "The captain seems to be out," he informs the kid, "would it be all right to talk to the crew instead?"

Assuming the boy says it is all right: "Grace, Lee, Annalise," he says through the ship's speaker, "we've got a job offer. Would one of you come down here?" With that done, he turns to the kid, paying close attention to what he has to say.

If the boy says it isn't, and is going to leave because the captain isn't in: Ryder does his best to persuade the kid to deal with the crew, or at least wait for the captain to come back.
    Influence - (1d10)[2] (Sweet and Cheerful) ((I'm guessing allure won't be of help in this situation... )) + Willpower - (1d8)[6] = 8
    If the boy is still going to leave: Ryder resorts to intimidation, trying things like, "Won't your boss be upset? You might get in some trouble," or, "I'm really not in the mood to look for new work, I suggest you do me the favour of not making me... for both our sakes."
    Discipline - (1d4)[4] + Willpower - (1d8)[5] = 9
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-12-19 at 06:52 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

7. - Top - End - #67

The boy says, simply, "Tell ya Captain to come see Charlie in three days' time." Then he scampers away.

8. - Top - End - #68

Ryder nods. He goes up to the bridge where he finds Boran, Annalise and the Teenage pilot. "We have our first job offer," he says happily, "the captain is to: 'come see Charlie in three days' time'. Anyone know where she has gone or when she's back?"
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

9. - Top - End - #69

Annalise smiles and is about to reply to Trevor, when Ryder walks in. "Should be easy enough to find out," she tells him, and pokes her head out the door, looking in the direction of the tech suite. "Hey, Boran!" she calls, raising her voice enough to carry through the corridor. "Did you give the captain one of those transmitters you were workin' on?"
    Last edited by Jannex; 2007-12-19 at 07:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

"Mil-Acad ya say? There's something you don't see every day. Hm, I went through the Mil-Acad on Shinon myself. That was back well, before your time. That's where 'bouts I came from. You ever seen the skyline by night? That's my favorite sight in the verse, well, that and the sunset on Haven. Two sights you should see before you die..."
    Alex takes the story at face value apparently and steers the conversation towards pleasantries. Still, it never hurts to know how a potential crew member weighs in on the Shinon by night and Haven at sunset divide.
    It doesn't take too long for then to arrive at Alex's destination and she doesn't need to buy anything too special. She refers to one item as a g-line aux-feed filter but it looks like a bit of old piping to Jin. The 50 cal rounds on the other hand he knows pretty well. Heading out with her box and metal piece, she offers a proposition up to the potential recruit.
    "Don't know what the standards are at the Mil-Acads these days. Truth be told, young'un, the brass never struck me as knowing what they were doing all that often. But if they taught you right, some proper military knowledge would be pretty useful. Lee's schoolin' was more in the discipline of hard knocks. So, show me you can shoot straight and I'll let you on board. You'll get your chance to see Haven at night and prove if you got what it takes, shiny?"
    After hearing him (presumably) accept, Alex speaks for the mike Boran gave her on the off chance he could hear her. "Hey, Boran, I'm on my way back, spell o' a few minutes. Got the greenhorn with me and I think we're giving him a shot. We should be ready to go when I arrive, Cap'n out."
    They arrived at the ship and Alex held out a hand as she reached into the old sweater and pulled out the six shooter. "'k, take this here, Jin. Let's see if they ever taught ya how to shoot straight. See if you can bag me them empty cans near that trash heap." She pointed to some cans on the opposite end of the ship, a hard shot but not impossible given that she wasn't rushing him or anything. Alex took a step back to watch. Her eyes weren't on the can's though, they were on Jin, appraising his form.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Shots: (1d12)[4] + (1d8)[1]
    (1d12)[9] + (1d8)[3]
    (1d12)[7] + (1d8)[6]

Jin Wei-Li

"Oh, far as military schools go, mine was one of the finest. Can't really fault my schooling. --Yeah, the skyline's great. Haven I haven't seen--beyond holos, I mean, but that's never quite the same."
    Jin flicks his short braid over his shoulder and takes the pistol with a confident grip, giving it a little spin with one finger. His movements are as quick and smooth as usual, until (almost jarringly) they stop; he settles into a position, body sideways, pistol aimed at the cans. Jin's posture is relaxed enough; he doesn't bother with a novice's weaver stance, or any other kind of formal firing position. The first shot rings out and goes wide of the mark, and he gives a wry smile.
    "I'm actually more of a rifle man, myself. Been some time since I've practiced with one of these. Still, here..."
    His eyes narrow, his body tenses for half a moment, the pistol's barrel shifts a little--and then he fires twice, the second shot coming as soon as it's humanly possible to allow a trigger to depress and then squeeze it again. The second can is in the air before the first has landed, both of them with bullet holes right in the center.
    Jin flicks the safety back on, handing the six-shooter over to Alex.
    "Good enough... Captain? You want to see more, I'll get my rifle out and move a ways back."
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2007-12-20 at 03:29 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As Ryder chats with Annalise and Trevor, Boran turns up the reciever for the Cap'n's bug.

"Hey, Boran, I'm on my way back, spell o' a few minutes. Got the greenhorn with me and I think we're giving him a shot. We should be ready to go when I arrive, Cap'n out."
    "Wheee got that nice and shiny I did... Hey Anna! Cap'n'll be back right soon! Come in here and listen!" Boran turns back to the mess in front of him; he was trying to get the finishing touches on the two way transmitters so that he could actually tell Alex what was going on. Jobs were important business and Boran knew the Cap'n would find something else to slow her down. "Anna want to give me a hand? I think I've got this set almost working" (1d6)[2] Int + Comm/Sensors (1d12)[8] + Talented (1d4)[2]

{I presume Annalise comes to help out at this point. If not, well.. not much will change I guess.. but I'm hoping Annalise can do an assist roll along the same lines as mine to get that two headset working.}

Shots
    "Whoa! Oh right, Cap'n asked Jin to shoot something. Ok maybe Ryder better go tell the Cap'n what's up before we leave; and Anna, try to slow Ryder down a bit. He seems a right gung ho type."

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Nelphine View Post
    Boran turns back to the mess in front of him; he was trying to get the finishing touches on the two way transmitters so that he could actually tell Alex what was going on. Jobs were important business and Boran knew the Cap'n would find something else to slow her down. "Anna want to give me a hand? I think I've got this set almost working" [roll0] Int + Comm/Sensors [roll1] + Talented [roll2]

{I presume Annalise comes to help out at this point. If not, well.. not much will change I guess.. but I'm hoping Annalise can do an assist roll along the same lines as mine to get that two headset working.}
    Getting the headset to work is an Average difficulty complex action, so you need to cumulatively roll a 35. So far you've spent one time interval (I'll set it at five minutes) and got a 12. If Annalise helps, she adds her rolls to yours for the next time intervals.
    Last edited by ancalimohtar; 2007-12-20 at 03:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Ryder heads over to where the captain is. If Annalise follows him: "What type did Boran say I was?" he asks amusedly.
    When he reaches Alex. "Captain, we had a job offer," he says. "The kid who came to tell us about it said you have to, 'come meet Charlie in three days' time'. Any idea who 'Charlie' is?"

15. - Top - End - #75

Abel

falls in on the other side of Cap'n Alex as she steps back to watch Jin shoot. Waiting till the crack of the gun is done, he speaks - "Did I hear you right ma'am? You lookin for crew?" He removes a somewhat battered, shapeless hat. "Abel's your man, I can turn a hand at whatever needs doin', but mostly I'm a damn good cook, beggin yer pardon. I been out in the black prospectin as of late, but now I'm lookin fer a ship that ain't as small nor plannin to spend as much time away from blue skies." He smiles, showing off perfect teeth. Something about him is damn likeable, almost as if meeting a good friend who's been away for quite a while.

Short cropped curly hair, a craggy, handsome face somewhat covered by a beard and lively green eyes. A battered flight suit peeks out from under his duster and a rolling trunk sits a couple of paces away.
    The significance of man is that he is insignificant and is aware of it.
    - Carl Becker

16. - Top - End - #76

With a grin over her shoulder at Ryder, Annalise heads down to the tech suite to help out Boran. "Sure! Lemme see what you've got happening there..."

((Intelligence (1d10)[9] + Technical Engineering:Comm/Sensors (1d8)[1]))
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by roninkelt View Post
    Abel

falls in on the other side of Cap'n Alex as she steps back to watch Jin shoot. Waiting till the crack of the gun is done, he speaks - "Did I hear you right ma'am? You lookin for crew?" He removes a somewhat battered, shapeless hat. "Abel's your man, I can turn a hand at whatever needs doin', but mostly I'm a damn good cook, beggin yer pardon. I been out in the black prospectin as of late, but now I'm lookin fer a ship that ain't as small nor plannin to spend as much time away from blue skies." He smiles, showing off perfect teeth. Something about him is damn likeable, almost as if meeting a good friend who's been away for quite a while.

Short cropped curly hair, a craggy, handsome face somewhat covered by a beard and lively green eyes. A battered flight suit peeks out from under his duster and a rolling trunk sits a couple of paces away.
    ((Ronin, I don't hate you or anything, it's only I don't like the idea of having three characters all sign up in the space of half an hour. It strikes me as implausable, especially since were spacing out the way everyone else came aboard out over a month. And the whole roleplaying them coming on board was only to take up time while the GM got ready anyway. So how about we make Abel's signing up be something that already happened, like we're doing with most characters. We'll say he signed on the planet before Trevor and Jin, 'k? If you really want to rp out the first encounter, I'd love to do it by PM but for now, I kinda want to get on with the plot.))

"Nah, no need for rifles." Alex accepts the pistol, apparently satisfied with the shooting. "General rule to live by, Jin, the bigger the guns, the more folk are getting hurt. Crazy kinda double standard, but life out on the rim can be that way. Let's head on in and see if we spooked anyone." Alex turned but only made it a couple paces before she found herself face to face with Ryder. She seemed a bit surprised by the message.
    "Charlie, don't know him, you think I 'oughta? Lay out to me exactly what went down here."
    After hearing Ryder relate the events Alex didn't look any more illuminated then before. "Well, sounds like he knows me, so I'll make a few calls. Whatever, we're leaving the world. Don't know if we'll be back in three or not. Let's get on board. Come with me, young'un, I'll show you the bunks on the way up. You seen the bunks yet Ryder?"
    Alex heads on up, very briefly pointing things out on the way, more of a one bit tour then a fifty cent one. At the crew's quarters she stops to point out the ones that are still free. "So, you want to pick between these ones. Be careful poking your nose into other people's space though. Lee get's a mite... touchy." Alex shrugged, not really sure how much of an explaination that was. She turned the shrug into a turn and headed into the bridge.
    "Hey y'all captains returned, time to get this show on the road. Give me intercom, Boran..." taking the mike she addressed the whole crew. "Hey travelers. We're all back on board now and we gots ourselves a second fine addition to the crew. So, we'll be leaving the world soon as the kid gets the all clear from traffic. Alex out."
    Setting aside the mike, she leans in on Boran, seeing how the work he's doing is going. "Hey, could ya bounce a wave down to my bunk soon as you got the time to patch it through? Trying to look into the kid from before. Not that this can't come first. What're y'all doing to the comm now?"

18. - Top - End - #78

Ryder tells Alex everything important about what took place, as well as unimportant details which might hint as to who it was--such as the boy's age and appearance. When they get to the room's, Ryder looks in both of them. He looks for two ideal things: Being close to the infirmary, and being able to get out of it fast.
    "I'm Ryder," he greeted Jin, having checked the rooms, "nice to meet you! So... are you taking Lee's job ?"
    If both are just as capable as the other: He takes the nicer one, convincing Jin to let him, if necessary.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

{OOC: Tamale drew me a rough picture of Borans room (that was the person offering to draw stuff for us, I thought it was a neat idea. Room is neat, though not as crowded as Boran's room really is (it's packed with random junk) but oh well - here is a very random rough pic for people to have an idea of: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...loaf/Boran.jpg}

"Hey Cap'n; we're just trying to get our silly two way transmitters going, it's not working so well.. but we'll get it, don't ya worry. Oh, till we leave I'm going to try to track down any notion of who this Charlie is." With that, Boran turns up the fedband scanner that's stashed in the back of the techie nook. Alertness - (1d12)[10] Sharp hearing - (1d4)[2] Tech Eng:Comm/Sensors - (1d12)[12] Talented Sensors - (1d4)[4]

{OOC I'm just hoping to hear any mention of this Charlie guy; either someone talking about him, someone reporting to him, someone reporting on him, anything at all. More than likely I won't catch anything, but I'm going to concentrate most of my time on it while waiting for us to leave.}

"I'll get back to that transmitter when we're off world. It's always good to know what kinda job we might have, shiny or no, even if we leave. And the wave should be ready whenever you get back to your cabin Cap'n!" Boran aimlessly waves a hand as Alex departs, possibly signifying some kind of 'bye', possibly just shifting hair out of his face.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

{OOC: Given my rolls in the previous post I'm adding this post)

As Boran starts listening to the fedscanner, he turns on all the frequencies he can reach on this planet. Switching back and forth he loses himself in the magic of communication: chattering farmers, local law talking to each other, ships hailing places, everyone talking and interacting in one large framework. Boran extends his ears into it, picking up pieces here and there; nothing really matters, he just listens, trying to be one with the noise and confusion of this planet. He hears everything he can reach, notes down each joyful note, and each tired voice. He meshes with this world's communication, and regardless of what he wanted to learn, he instead learns what he can of this world.

{OOC summary: If there is any interesting information, regardless of whether it relates to Charlie, that I hear on my scanners, I'd like to know. Interesting politics or fighting or financial or any other kind of news or rumours or gripes. I still doubt I'll learn much about Charlie, and if I don't learn much of anything else, oh well, I got to show what Boran loves!}

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

"Shiny, I'm gonna head down before we get any light lag with the world."
    Alex climbs down the ladder to her room. Right at her feet as she enters is a 3 dimensional model of the ship, slowly rotating on a low desk which occupies the rooms prime location, along with a couple of couches set up alongside it. Above the ship rotates the ships engine, the project currently on her mind. Alex pauses for a moment at the model and picks up one of the syluses lying alongside the projector. With a few deft movements she changes the last few engine parts colored in red to orange. She turned away satisfied, glad to see how few the red parts were becoming these days. Things were coming along great in her mind.
    Alex turned and eased into the wood and wicker chair in front of the pile of old papers that constituted her desk. She carelessly pushed these aside for now, more interested in the terminal they covered at the moment. She typed a few keystrokes and spoke.
    "Hi Rebecca, it's Alex. I'm heading out from Peresephone and wanted to ask you a quick question concerning someone named Charlie. Send me a wave whenever, I'm not going anywhere." Alex sent the wave then leaned back. She stared idly at the poster above the terminal, "Shinon at Sunrise." while considering anyone else to ask. She shrugged and decided not to, even Rebecca was too high class to know the kind of character that this Charlie probably was. Alex moved over to the bed, a thin mattress covered by layers and layers of quilts, to have a lie down and give Beck five minutes to respond in case she was near the cortex. "Hm... old g-line.. Beylix..." Alex mused to herself as she waited, staring at the bare ceiling above the bunk. "Huh, memo to self, get a third poster."

((Willing to spend a few plot points to find out who Charlie is through friends in high places if possible, though I'm only interested in basic information, i.e. how to find him.))
    Last edited by mainiac; 2007-12-21 at 02:30 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Conners View Post
    When they get to the room's, Ryder looks in both of them. He looks for two ideal things: Being close to the infirmary, and being able to get out of it fast.
    "I'm Ryder," he greeted Jin, having checked the rooms, "nice to meet you! So... are you taking Lee's job ?"
    If both are just as capable as the other: He takes the nicer one, convincing Jin to let him, if necessary.
    I don't know what this means. You and Rachel tell me what Ryder and Jin end up deciding on when they do.
    {OOC: Tamale drew me a rough picture of Borans room (that was the person offering to draw stuff for us, I thought it was a neat idea. Room is neat, though not as crowded as Boran's room really is (it's packed with random junk) but oh well - here is a very random rough pic for people to have an idea of: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...loaf/Boran.jpg}
    That's a nice pic. Now I'll have to hunt around the web for art to fit it in.

"Hey Cap'n; we're just trying to get our silly two way transmitters going, it's not working so well.. but we'll get it, don't ya worry. Oh, till we leave I'm going to try to track down any notion of who this Charlie is." With that, Boran turns up the fedband scanner that's stashed in the back of the techie nook. [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

{OOC I'm just hoping to hear any mention of this Charlie guy; either someone talking about him, someone reporting to him, someone reporting on him, anything at all. More than likely I won't catch anything, but I'm going to concentrate most of my time on it while waiting for us to leave.}

"I'll get back to that transmitter when we're off world. It's always good to know what kinda job we might have, shiny or no, even if we leave. And the wave should be ready whenever you get back to your cabin Cap'n!" Boran aimlessly waves a hand as Alex departs, possibly signifying some kind of 'bye', possibly just shifting hair out of his face.
    {OOC: Given my rolls in the previous post I'm adding this post)

As Boran starts listening to the fedscanner, he turns on all the frequencies he can reach on this planet. Switching back and forth he loses himself in the magic of communication: chattering farmers, local law talking to each other, ships hailing places, everyone talking and interacting in one large framework. Boran extends his ears into it, picking up pieces here and there; nothing really matters, he just listens, trying to be one with the noise and confusion of this planet. He hears everything he can reach, notes down each joyful note, and each tired voice. He meshes with this world's communication, and regardless of what he wanted to learn, he instead learns what he can of this world.

{OOC summary: If there is any interesting information, regardless of whether it relates to Charlie, that I hear on my scanners, I'd like to know. Interesting politics or fighting or financial or any other kind of news or rumours or gripes. I still doubt I'll learn much about Charlie, and if I don't learn much of anything else, oh well, I got to show what Boran loves!}
    Good roleplaying. +2 PP (Boran). Those were great rolls, but you can't hear an entire planet's broadcasts from one port. You hear the usual local politics chatter (a public transportation project is being voted on by the local legislature), the usual commercial gossip (some sports team is undergoing a doping scandal), some news items (a successful local businessman named Mr. Sun is trying to buy a title of nobility), and all in all, a variety of not-so-important things. The Hole's sensors are, in any case, not sophisticated enough for you to hack into private encrypted waves.
    Last edited by ancalimohtar; 2007-12-31 at 02:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by mainiac View Post
    "Shiny, I'm gonna head down before we get any light lag with the world."
    Alex climbs down the ladder to her room. Right at her feet as she enters is a 3 dimensional model of the ship, slowly rotating on a low desk which occupies the rooms prime location, along with a couple of couches set up alongside it. Above the ship rotates the ships engine, the project currently on her mind. Alex pauses for a moment at the model and picks up one of the syluses lying alongside the projector. With a few deft movements she changes the last few engine parts colored in red to orange. She turned away satisfied, glad to see how few the red parts were becoming these days. Things were coming along great in her mind.
    Alex turned and eased into the wood and wicker chair in front of the pile of old papers that constituted her desk. She carelessly pushed these aside for now, more interested in the terminal they covered at the moment. She typed a few keystrokes and spoke.
    "Hi Rebecca, it's Alex. I'm heading out from Peresephone and wanted to ask you a quick question concerning someone named Charlie. Send me a wave whenever, I'm not going anywhere." Alex sent the wave then leaned back. She stared idly at the poster above the terminal, "Shinon at Sunrise." while considering anyone else to ask. She shrugged and decided not to, even Rebecca was too high class to know the kind of character that this Charlie probably was. Alex moved over to the bed, a thin mattress covered by layers and layers of quilts, to have a lie down and give Beck five minutes to respond in case she was near the cortex. "Hm... old g-line.. Beylix..." Alex mused to herself as she waited, staring at the bare ceiling above the bunk. "Huh, memo to self, get a third poster."

((Willing to spend a few plot points to find out who Charlie is through friends in high places if possible, though I'm only interested in basic information, i.e. how to find him.))
    I'm assuming Rebecca is a Persephone local, specifically the province the Eavesdown Docks is located in? I got the impression she wasn't particularly in High Places as she "tends to do bussiness which tangles her up with shady characters"? Anyway, where Beck lives is important.

Also, minor quibble, the planet is Sihnon, as in Sina, as in Chinese.

Lastly, I'm liking these room descriptions.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by ancalimohtar View Post
    I'm assuming Rebecca is a Persephone local, specifically the province the Eavesdown Docks is located in? I got the impression she wasn't particularly in High Places as she "tends to do bussiness which tangles her up with shady characters"? Anyway, where Beck lives is important.

Also, minor quibble, the planet is Sihnon, as in Sina, as in Chinese.

Lastly, I'm liking these room descriptions.
    ((Well, the idea I had for Rebecca was that she would be well connected throughout the border worlds but mostly stick to the one she calls home. Peresephone seemed like a good candidate because it's a place where the dirty and clean sides of the world live so close together, which fits Rebecca's idiom of being a slightly shady member of the upperish crust. Rebecca would only know those criminals who have a pretty big impact on commerce or industry on the rim, or who are themselves a big bussiness. Some small fry like Badger she would have never heard of while someone like Niska she might have met personally (hey, that gives Alex 3 degrees of seperation on Mal, shiny.)))
    Last edited by mainiac; 2007-12-21 at 01:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Trevor Zane

Trevor pulls his furry hat off and sets it atop one of the consoles, making sure not to cover any sensor displays with it. His black hair is cut short and messy, the sloppy style made no better by hours of being trapped under a hat. He slumps low in his chair and stares out into the black, wishing sleep would come.

26. - Top - End - #86

Rebecca does not know who Charlie could be. There are a few famous Charleses in the area and perhaps some of them go by Charlie informally, but she does not personally know any, and so she cannot say.

She suggests, when you give her the description of the boy, that you ask around the place you were approached by him. That's the most likely way of finding out who Charlie is.

Where are you guys headed now?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

{OOC: Whoot random knowledge! Incidentally, I'm planning to work with Annalise on exactly the kind of sophistication required to hack basic encryptions. That being said, what does Annalise think of that idea? I wouldn't do it without Anna's and Alex's permission.}

28. - Top - End - #88

{OOC: Whoot random knowledge! Incidentally, I'm planning to work with Annalise on exactly the kind of sophistication required to hack basic encryptions. That being said, what does Annalise think of that idea? I wouldn't do it without Anna's and Alex's permission.}
    ((OOC: Eavesdropping always sounds like a good idea to Annalise, and she would definitely be willing to help with that project, if given the go-ahead from the cap'n.))
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

((Course Anna's gonna get the captain's permission to do perfectly legitimate snoopin'. Long as it's nothing y'know, stupid. In fact, got a question I'd like answered my own self.))

((Well, I had our destination set out as one of the moons of Persophone (which don't seem to be listed in the guide.) but that was me filling in the spaces while we were killing time before the game started. No reason in my mind we can do our miscellaneous "stocking up" and then head right back to the docks, which shouldn't be too long a trip. Not sure why we'd need to head to the moon, truth be told, maybe Alex has a friend with a line on cheap medical supplies? Should we skip ahead a couple days until their back on Persephone, looking into this matter?))

"Shadow!" Alex's face lit up as she thought of the landscape that would make a good counterpoint to the images of Sihnon and Haven that adorned her walls right now. Nice and tragic like, she was thinking it through when her comm lit up from Rebecca's call. Her friend only had a few minutes to spare at the moment so they kept things short, a few pleasantries and a short discussion of the kid and his message. Right before they wrapped up, Alex decided to throw in a quick plea. "Hey, Beck, don't mean to be beggin', but looks like I'm gonna have to be flying right back soon as I wrap things up on the moon. Got any leads that could fill all this empty hull I got going on?"

((Willing to spend a couple plot points to get a cargo milk run, so they aren't wasting gas. Also, picking up passengers if there's any to be had of course.))

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

Until someone calls for him, Jin settles into his bunk (letting Ryder have his pick). He goes by the place he was staying at to get the rest of his things; when he unpacks, he produces a couple of gymnastics rings he hangs up someewhere wide-open (like the cargo bay), provided he gets permission.

Then, he heads up to the front of the ship, stepping into Trevor's room. "Jin Wei-Li. Figured I should meet everyone--I just hired on."