New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Twinkling the Bells on Figures Art

This was my first time to post a thread, I'm just open this thread because of
    1. Trying how and learn to posting.
    2. Show to everyone about my artworks and give me some suggestions on which part I should practice and fix.

I've been practice on making clay figures around 1 years+ but I don't make drawings because I'm sucks on it

The tools and clay I used on my figures are Crayola Model Magic air-dry clay, a plastic cake knife & some toothpicks.

Here are some of my previous creations that made last year, or can say as my first figures I've made
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/shinkuhanaichigo.png/
    Shinku & Hinaichigo from Rozen Maiden series

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...rasuishou.jpg/
    Kirakishou & Barasuishou from the same anime too

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...enmaidenk.jpg/
    This is the all main dolls in the anime

They're the 1st 8 anime figures I've made because I love the anime Rozen Maiden :smallbiggrin
    :

You also can try to watch this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Vxn...f3AUAAAAAAABAA , It's a tutorial video I made on 2011 december I think, or 2012 January , Nevermind I forgot but nearly that date and another video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HvcHy95aO8 or view my blog also can http://www.google.com.my/url?sa=t&rc...FMa0uwkGqXDCTw

Hope you guys enjoy them ^^ I'll post more creations soon , sorry for broken english
    Last edited by TwinkerBell; 2012-04-07 at 04:41 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Twinkling the Bells on Figures Art

This was another non-anime creation that made on 2011 June I think
    Spoiler
    Show

I doesn't got much pictures about this creation because It was sold out last year, This was the only picture I got.

The others creations or figures will coming soon.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

This was another non-anime creation that made on 2011 June I think
    Spoiler
    Show

I doesn't got much pictures about this creation because It was sold out last year, This was the only picture I got.

The others creations or figures will coming soon.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Another figure made on 2011 december I think.

Spoiler
    Show

It's the dollcase from Rozen Maiden series, which was a place the dolls sleep inside during their bedtime in the anime, which have a 15.5cm length and 5cm height.

And open it.... Proof! A doll was sleeping inside! This character was Suiseiseki in Rozen Maiden Series, which having a 9cm height when she was standing.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Re: Twinkling the Bells on Figures Art

Welp, there goes my monopoly .

I like the composition on the sea serpent, nice use of space. Chibi-Chen also merits a Seal of Approval (as do the Cirno, Aya and Alice chibis on youtube, why leave them "hidden" like that? You should post pictures of them here too), nice work .

Now as to your point 2.), do you have a goal in mind, something you can point at and say "I want to translate that into 3D!"?
    You already have a fairly solid, consistent style going with the chibis. Only thing that stands out is that the eyes bulge out a bit. If i understood the tutorial correctly, you make the head first then make and attach the eye to it later? Making the eye first might allow you to embed it better in the head, so it bulges out less.

(Also, whilst Arts & Crafts is less strict about multiposting than the boards in general, if no-one has responded you should Edit the new content into the old post instead of multiposting, at least if the old post is relatively "fresh". If the old post was some time ago and the thread has slid off the first page, then its okay to multipost the new stuff.)
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks InchocertEssay , sorry I didn't know much rules or anything about this forum since I just joined yesterday, the eyes I had made it too big because I couldn't paint the eyes on the face because once the clay was painted (even it was fully dryed) the paint will infiltration into the clay on the second day that makes it looks ugly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If made their head too big they can't placed into my little cupboard like below, which place them inside to avoid dust.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for your advice , well if you ask me what my goal was.. I think I doesn't got any goal yet because I just made these chibi figures for sale.

Some creations in the video I'll post them soon after I've take more pictures with my camera but some of them was already sold out so I doesn't left much photos of it.

Between thanks that you love my little figures too, I've seen all of your artworks before,the previous was a little bad but I saw that you had practiced a lot and I like your yuyuko and chen too, but my clay can't be painted as well as yours, once mine are painted they will looks worser than before.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry that busy thesedays, here are some previous and current figures. Soon I'll post about Madoka Magica figures, just give me some time thanks

Monkey D.Luffy from Onepiece:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tony Tony Chopper from onepiece:
    Spoiler
    Show

Alice Margatroid from Touhou:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's kinda sucks I know

Chen from Touhou:
    Spoiler
    Show

Cirno from Touhou:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kanaria from Rozen Maiden:
    Spoiler
    Show

Suigintou from Rozen Maiden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This was my biggest figure I've made, having a height of 14cm.

Chii from Chobits:
    Spoiler
    Show

Alice In Wonderland:
    Spoiler
    Show

Actually I never played Touhou before because of PC problem so I was unable to download it,I doesn't know much about the characters,so just insipred from some fanarts and plastic figurines.

Daiyousei from Touhou:
    Spoiler
    Show

Eirin Yagokoro from Touhou:
    Spoiler
    Show

Fujiwara No Mokou from Touhou:
    Spoiler
    Show

Flandre Scarlet from Touhou:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kisume from Touhou:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hope you guys like it!
    Last edited by TwinkerBell; 2012-02-06 at 08:54 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

I've finally completed the whole set of Madoka Magica Characters,They totally taken me a week to complete,but there are some of other customs in the anime, I just choosen the custom I loved most on them,like God-mode of Madoka and Akemi Homura with Ribbon Hair.

Spoiler
    Show
    List of the Five main Mahou Shoujo in the anime.I made each of their weapon for them, like madoka's bow or Sayaka's cutlass.

If you had watched this anime, I doubt you will hate Kyubey, because most people watched this anime having a bitter hatred on Kyubey the little devil,including me. So, I made Kyubey like tis

Here's for Kaname Madoka in God-mode.
    Spoiler
    Show

Next,Mami Tomoe,my 2nd favorite Character in the anime.
    Spoiler
    Show

Then, Miki Sayaka,the pitiful girl in the anime.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now,Kyoko Sakura,I feels that I had made Sakura a little too fat , maybe because she had ate too mcuh snacks in the anime .
    Spoiler
    Show

And finally, my Favorite character in the anime, Akemi Homura!
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, a BBQ Kyubey .
    Spoiler
    Show
    Burn that little devil !!

And here still got a tutorial I made after completed Akemi Homura, enjoy it ^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhWsD...33AUAAAAAAAAAA
    Last edited by TwinkerBell; 2012-02-09 at 12:05 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

You forgot to close a image tag for Sayaka there.

(competition in the market of posting clay figures... tsk, tsk and tsk. Quite a difference between the two styles though. Interesting to observe.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

LOL sorry >< , thanks for telling me that, I didn't notice it. K changed already, the pic I forgot to close was a backside of Sayaka.

Hmm... maybe because this forum doesn't got much people post about figures, that's why I post them here , mostly here are post about pc drawings or own drawings.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Because I had just finished my secondary school study after last year final exam, so I'll need to wait for my results, it will be reveal on March 2012, so that's why I always having time to make my creations , but maybe I'll stop on making them when I had step into the college, because I won't have much time when the days of school & study.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok guys, here are some of my latest creations, why I don't post each once I had completed each of them? Because , First, I doesn't got my own camera,I'm using my mom's one, there're much photos in her camera (I think got around 400+ or 500) and she still doesn't want to delete them even they're stored in my computer or even they had been rinsed . I don't take photo with my mobile because the photo it take won't as smooth as take from the camera , and everytime I wanted to copy the photos from camera to my computer always take a long time to wait for connecting and loading the stupid useless photos. .

Kays,this time I'm gonna post some non-anime stuffs, here's the first, it was my self-design too 'Angel In Cage'.The cage was bought from the Material store, it cost me MYR 16.50, but the others was made by air dry clay. But it was unable to take out anymore because I make the girl inside was attach her body parts one by one, the door of the cage was too small .

Of course, and its size .

Just like the Madoka Magica Characters I don't post them one by one because if post each of them always need to waste around 15 minutes or longer to load the stupid photos , So, once I had done a set of the anime or non-anime figures and stuffs, I'll post them together.

Spoiler
    Show
    This little house hanger was bought from the Material store too, which cost me MYR 10.15 , but I deco it with air dry clay, which inspired from the Witch's Candy House from Hansel & Gretel.

There was a small clipper which was connected with the tiny house, so I deco it into a biscuit because it having a rectangle woodpiece behind.

This is how long it was when hanging.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you love to have some afternoon tea,maybe you will like these biscuits and cookies too, but only can be seen and touched, unable to eat, even can, it won't fullfill your hunger .

I had made 7 kind of tiny biscuits & cookies, hope you guys like them too .

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Wow, that's really quite good. You must have had a lot of practice!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks Acanous, yeah I had practiced around 1 year .
    Here's the next complated figure:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's Nanoha Takamachi from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, I just watched 3 episodes of that anime (maybe I doesn't got interest on it), so I'm not very sure did I made her custom correct or not.

The one beside it was my little music box .

If compare to my previous Nanoha creation...
    Spoiler
    Show
    This figure was made on June 2011, which I give it to my friend on her birthday, Now I really feels sorry to my friend .

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Now for Another character from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha series.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fate Testarossa from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha with an age of 9. Which was Nanoha Takamachi enemy or friend(well I'm not very sure because I just watched few episodes of this anime).

Not sure did I made this character correct or not (like clothes, hairstyle,colour,eyes,etc), but hope you guys like it .

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

After few days of resting, I had strt on my another new creation again, and they had just completed few hours ago, both of them take me around 3 days to complete, They would need to be polished by clear nail polish since there doesn't got any box to place them inside because they're quite big , but I will polish them tomorrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    They're Alice Twins from Pandora Hearts, its my 2nd favorite anime . But this anime just only have season 1 right now so the anime figure company havent start to make Pandora Hearts figures yet, so maybe they wont look very nice .

This is the main female character, Alice the B-Rabbit.

This was her twin sister,who named Alice too, but in the anime and manga mostly everyone call her Will of Abyss.

These items was their little decorating accessories.

This 2 bunnies which was stand for both Alices, Left one was the true form of Red Alice when transformed, and right one was the disguise of White Alice.

This is how both of them looks like in anime.

Here for the backside:

Of course, and the size .

Actually Pandora Hearts features heavy references to Alice in Wonderland, including a lot of characters like Mad Hatter,Doormouse,Chesire Cat and more.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry that thesedays I'm busy on learning driving so I doesn't spent much time on making clay figures. Now for the latest figures and charms . Here for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lma-K...33AUAAAAAAAAAA.

Spoiler
    Show

My friend's birthday was coming soon, she like Shinku from Rozen Maiden series (a character which I hate the most),so I try to made this figure to give her on next next week, hope she will like it .

This keychain I made was belongs to the same anime too, Souseiseki from Rozen Maiden, why? Because me and my friend love this anime very much .

Spoiler
    Show
    Between I entrying a contest on youtube,a contest of clay charms, here are some of my charms which are going to use them to enter the contest.

A neko Miku & Sakura's key necklace from Cardcaptor Sakura.

Dratini,Eevee & Azruill from Pokemon.

Some charms which inspired from Alice in Wonderland.

And others self-design charms.

And here was all of them.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hm, manufacturer claims on their site that the clay is paintable. The poor finish might have been from the type of paint used, or how thin it was. Clay does soak a lot of paint, even fairly thick paints (such as Citadel's) take multiple coats for a decent finish.

But assuming painting is not in the cards, some ideas for getting similar results.
    Revisiting the eyes issue, with a rough illustration of what i meant:
    Spoiler
    Show

1.) would be the method in the tutorial, correct? First the head, then eyes in order of whites, iris, pupil, reflection dots.
    Working in reverse order allows the bulk of the eye to be on the inside of the head, leaving a smooth surface on the outside. No size increase is necessary, the extra mass can just left out of the head.
    Similar method could be used for various decorative patterns, carving the pattern in with a knife, filling in with the desired colour and removing any overflow with the knife.
    Depending on how well the clay attaches to already dried pieces, it might be possible to make things from cheaper monocolour clay and apply a thin layer of the coloured one once dry, like gold leaf is used. Likely cuts costs for bigger projects and more importantly allows the "core" of the figurine to be in a single piece, making it much sturdier.

Of course, you do work on a lot smaller scale than i do, so these ideas might not be all that feasible in practice.

Something else to consider is that many of your works are a bit stiff, more "actiony" poses would be good. The soft, rounded style works wonderfully for the chibis, but looks a bit off on the Alice twins.

Keep up the good work.
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Essay thanks for yr advice but my hometown doesn't sell others type of air dry clay, the others clay it got sell was just playdough , between I'm not good at painting too , and I saw your latest figure, tenshi does proved that you did her much nicer a lot than your previous creations .

Ok now my turn for my latest figures:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt all of you does know who are them,right?

Yes you're right! They are Lucy Heartfillia and Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail! Actually I never watch Fairy Tail before, I made them because it's a request from my friend .

Each of them was having a height of 5.5cm.

I think everyone does got a facebook account here right? So I think you guys does know what was the most famous in Facebook nowdays?

Yes you're right again! It's the Meme Faces, but I just only made Troll Face and Happy Rage Guy, I was unable to make Fk that Bitch Face and Forever Alone because I was unable to use tiny thin clay to mold it one by one.

And this is their size:

Oh and ya Essay, I really want to make their pose more actionly too but can't since most figures I made was chibis, their hands and legs wasn't enough long so they were unable to do better pose, sorry for it .

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Now for next creation:
    They are Ciel Phantomhive & Sebastian Michealis from the anime Kuroshi'tsuji/Black Butler. (The anime is quite worth to watch I liked the story of season 1 but not for season 2.)
    Spoiler
    Show

And I borrowed one of my brother's Toy Car Collection and made the picture looks a little funny.

Ciel: Sebastian, Where is my new carriage!
    Sebastian: Here you go, My Lord.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry that I doesn't post anything thesedays because my camera was broken so I only can borrow my Big Brother's iPhone yesterday to took photos of my latest creations, here are them.

Spoiler
    Show

This Character was called Ika Musume or Squid Girl, I doesn't watch the anime before this character was request by my friend.

And I also had made my first own Self-Design Character.

Spoiler
    Show

I named this Character as Gear Melody and dressed her in a Steampunk-like with a backpack that can create a pair of mechanical wings.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry that I'll no more posting my creations on this thread anymore, the reasons I stop posting on here because this website need some time to load and I had open my own blog already.

To those who love my creations and hope to continue see my latest creations, you can try the link below http://www.google.com.my/url?sa=t&rc...Y8xBBqozJYPocw

Blog: gearmelody.blogspot.com

Thanks for your support!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there a special reason the link goes through google? Via what i presume to be lots of referal majicks?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

The figures are definitely good, but dat site design...
    (One slim row with all other space left and right wasted. Not very useful with today's widescreen monitors.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show