New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Pirates of the Dragon Isles(IC)

"If there was danger to be had I was going into it with my blade drawn...I want to know what happened just as much as the rest," Karos sheaths his weapon but stays on guard. He has seen one too many crew become unruly with their captain still alive to not keep his wits about him.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Ar! The spirits be gettin to me. I just got a little jumpy is all. No harm. So what be happenin here?" Ulfgar puts down his fists and walks back to his pint of dwarven ale and takes a big swig. (Again my own personal stash that i've been drinking all night)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Claw glares at the three and after a moment decides they do not seem to be mutineers. His face smooths out and he says, "Ar, This whiskey be poisoned. You there...orc... take these mugs up and wash them out with seawater." He is obviously addressing Grish.

He rights the captains chair, leaving her on the deck and says, "Ar. I be captain now. 'Tails' be my first mate." A dark skinned man steps forward from the shadows, a man of unusual features. Based on his appearance and attitude perhaps a tiefling or maybe half demon or something similar. The man seemed to cherish suffering and smiled whenever someone was assigned a hard task. He had seemed afraid of the previous captain or something for he always stepped back and didn't assert himself when she was around.

Several of the crew members are tense as they are unsure if someone intends to step up and assert that they should be captain instead. After a few tense moments, everyone calms down, though they don't seem nearly as happy as they did before the feast started.

The new first mate gets a wicked grin and glances around at each recruit, knowing that he was in charge of them. Tails says, with quite a strange accent, "Tulek, take this dead dwarf to the upper deck. Add his gear to the loot. Be sure to empty his locker too. You may do what you wish with the corpse." With a gleam in his eye he smiles slightly at Tulek.

Leaving the corpse of the captain on the deck beside him, Claw says, "Ar, Cookie, make with the feast.. and bring us some wine. I'm sure our hobgoblin friend will be happy to try it for us to make sure its not poisoned. Won't you Thunk Chunk?"

Soon enough the cook and his slight helper arrive and start distributing plates of lamb, potato, and greens.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #154

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos stays tense for a while until things calm down a bit. He is uncomfortable with the captains body staying where it is but too long in the pirating profession gets you used to dead bodies.

At the new captains request for the large hobgoblin to test the new wine Karos flinches waiting to see the unpredictable warrior's response.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #155
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Grish

"Yes... uh... cap'n." Grish grabs the mugs and heads up to the deck. The bastard probably poisoned the cap'n himself. No matter... as long as there's fighting to be done and booty to be split, one boss is as good as another, though this one is less pleasing on the eyes.

Of course, from now on, don't be the first to eat or drink anything.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

6. - Top - End - #156

Tulek didn't take part in the claiming of gear. He would wait and bide his time, picking whatever seemed valuable for sale from among the loot when he got his chance. His most useful powers were those granted by his god, not by arms or vestements or the tanned hide of creatures that obvious did not have the power of his master. The magic armour struck his interest a little, but he couldn't tell if it surpassed the strength of his own leather protection. Perhaps it would prove useful.

When dinner arrives, Tulek waits to drink, though his glass is usually among the first lifted, especially onso fine a day for Nerull. Well, all days were fine to Nerull in a chaotic world, but he had witnessed and aided in this day's glorious ruination, and that was cause to celebrate. Hardly out of respect, he felt it would simply be unwise to drink so early. Perhaps he was new enough to not know whether the captain would punish him, or perhaps, the conclusion he elected, his god warned him subconsciously of his poison to keep him from his halls a while longer. There was no evidence of any reason, and, as men of faith are often want to do, he placed his god as that reason, rightly or wrongly.

"Mate," Tulek says with a bow of his head. The order pleased him, though he did his best not to show it. The death of a victor in her moment of triumph was the sweet wine on his god's lips, but his peculiar sort of devotions might be seen as evidence for the mutiny his ilk had just been accused of. Stripping the dwarf uncerimoniously right next to the pile of loot, to save time, he carries the body and anything on it that didn't have value to the deck, where he leaves it to perform his ritual one final time for the night after emptying the locker. Sliding down the stairs with a bounce in his step one would never predict to come from a necromancer, he moves to Dorian's quarters to see if the locker is, as its name would indicate, locked.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Marcus

Somewhat surprised and rather frightened by Claw's climb to power, Marcus tries to control himself until he is at least out of earshot of the new captain and first mate. However, eventually he asks somebody "Prob'bly just cuz I'm new to the ship, but I never seen "Tails" before. Why exactly did he get chosen as first mate?"
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

8. - Top - End - #158

Thunk Chunk

"Aye?" Thunk Chunk turns away from Claw and faces the crew, "Well boys, looks like her highness over there wants me to be the royal food taster. After what happened to those two he don't give two sh*ts if there's anythin' else poisoned an' be too afraid to find out himself. I may be new here but I know a streak o' piss when I be seein' one, and this elf pansy ain't a captain."

Thunk Chunk turns back to the Claw and his new first mate. Inhaling deeply he spits a gob of disgusting material towards them.

"How'd ya know the whisky be poisoned, huh? By lookin' at it? I say that it be ya an that devilspawn behind ya that killed the captain, an' could've killed a lot more o' us with that grog. I don't be carin' who else steps up to take the Stingray, I just ain't servin' a poisonin' bastard with no honor."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tennin

"Poison or not, thar be somethin' mighty fishy in the sea..." He wearily backs away from the two, not sure who to support. He wishes he had magics to determine who added the poison... Maybe he'll have to develop that later...

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ulfgar
    hp 36
    AC 16

Ulfgar finishes off his mug of dwarven ale and slams it down on the table. He moves his neck and all of the bones in his spine seem to pop in unison. He starts to hop up and down, getting the blood flowing and begins to lazily punch towards the ground. He moves back towards Thunk Chunk. "Ye ready Chunk?" he says with a silly grin on his face. "Well, at least this'll be fun." He leans in and whispers to the hobgoblin."If ye can grab your new big sword from the pile." He then looks at Claw and begins to chuckle.

11. - Top - End - #161

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos

Karos tentatively steps forward with his hand on his bow. While he doesn't fully trust this new leadership that was thrust upon him he also doesn't want to be left as one of only a handful of survivors of this impending clash. Karos starts by looking at his own group of fresh recruits, "I understand things were fishy about the way the captain died, but it wouldn't be the first time someone was poisoned at sea. Probably some of ya'll have been part of mutinies in the past. And what would we do afterwards but fight again about who would be the new captain" After this Karos turns to speak to Claw's crew, "I don't care if you killed the captain or not, but you have to see that this fight would not benefit this new ship you have acquired. Even if you were to survive it, which I would highly doubt after seeing how our lot fared in the excursion earlier, you wouldn't have a crew left on your ship. And not one of us," looking around at his fellow recruits, "will stand for being ordered into tasting your food or anything else or you will have a fight on your hands and I make this promise, however that fight would end I will spend the entirity of it cutting up your carcass with as my blade" Karos draws his scimitar and shield to emphasize his point and waits to see how his message will be taken.
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-01-13 at 12:34 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Claw is happy to see Tulek fall in line and accept the new captain and first mate. Him smile and that of the first mate turn to scowls of displeasure when Thunk Chunk starts mouthing off. After Karos' speech, Claw steps to the captain, puts his boot upon her back and says, "Ar, poisoned she was, but not by me. The whole crew saw me watching over the loot, helping make sure y'all get your fair share." Twisting his Claw to point over to the galley and the cook, Claw says "Thar galley's been locked up, weren't no one but Cookie allowed access."

Claw hooks a flagon of poisoned whiskey and dumps it on the back of the captain's head. He looks to Karos saying, "She be dead. Thats how it be. I be as concerned 'bout the crew as yeh be. I suggest you help me with these two mutineers." He is referring to Ulfgar and Thunk Chunk. "Aiy, in fact, the one to kill them can have their share'a the loot. Ar, thats how it be."

{{ The group is not arranged such that all of the 'good guys' are on one side and the 'bad guys' on the other. Everyone is mixed together and the space is quite small for all 20 of yeh. Not to mention the low ceiling. }}

Leroy whispers back to Marcus, "Ar, Tails there, be Claws old shipmate from way back. The captain never trusted Tails and wouldn't ever leave him in command or let him into combat, 'cept when it was suicidal. I think he only stays on cause he gets to be the whip master."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-10 at 08:19 PM.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

13. - Top - End - #163

Marcus

Marcus looked from Thunk Chunk and Ulfgar to Claw and Tails, unsure of which side, if either, to help. He didn't exactly like Claw and Tails, but he probably wouldn't have much trouble getting the boots he wanted with an extra share or two of loot. So Tails be cruel, untrustworthy, and didn't like the cap'n? he thinks, Dono what he can do, but he mighta been- Marcus's thought was interrupted as Philippe, who had gotten the conclusion through their empathic link. "Tails be the poisoner!" shouts the bird as Marcus cusses and repeats his mage armor spell. Like it or not, he was pretty much stuck on Thunk Chunk's side after that remark, damn sky porpoise.

14. - Top - End - #164

Grish

Spoiler
    Show

Listen - (1d20+1)[3]

After rinsing the flagons, Grish re-enters the room, completely unaware of the goings on.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-01-11 at 09:44 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

When Marcus' bird chimes in Claw says, "Aiy, I wouldn't put it past ole Tails to finally give that hag what was coming to her. I think he would have mentioned to me if he'd planned our accession for tonight though." Claw turns to Tails and says, "Ar, mate, did yeh do it?"

Tails smiles and says, "I wish. Sadly, this was just bad luck on her part. Killin' be a perfectly acceptable way to seize a ship."

Claw turns to Marcus and says, "Ar, there, yeh see, he didn't do it." After a pause he says, "All the same, the woman wronged him and so I give her body to him. Her gear I donate to the ship to add to the loot, which should increase everyone's share a fair bit, for if I know the captain, she had a locker of gold in her room."

Most everyone cheers and Willis goes to take a swig of whiskey. Lucky for him Terrance's quick reaction saves him, when he knocks the flagon out of the daft man's grasp. Willis just looks at him and pouts. Terrance simply shakes his head in disgust.

Location Map
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-11 at 07:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Tulek hears raised voices, and thinks little of it, but then considers; depending on whether they're raised in anger or revelry, or even what that revelry is about, it might not be wise to interrupt the new captain when he was giving orders or making a toast. He hangs back to see if he can isolate any of the voices, or what they say. If not, he hopes for the best and starts down the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen:(1d20+3)[13]
    Initiative if needed: (1d20+2)[5]
    Last edited by VeisuItaTyhjyys; 2008-01-13 at 12:29 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

When Tulek enters again, Tails smiles at him and says, "Have any trouble with his locker? You need the key?" Claw tosses Tails the a keyring. Tails flips through and then detaches a single key and tosses it to Tulek.

18. - Top - End - #168

Tulek catches it, more through luck and Tails' skill at throwing than his own abilities. "Aye," Tulek says, then turns on his heel to go, seeing the rather awkward atmosphere of the room around him, with "awkward atmosphere" being a polite euphemism for "some of the people here are pointing weapons at one another". Those who believe themselves under the blessings of a god, and those who do not fear death, are often known to make unwise decisions for lack of rational men's fears. Tulek was both a man who believed himself blessed, and a man who did not fear death. The rational impulse to leave, for fear of the fight about to erupt, was thus summarily ignored. "Everything alright, Cap'n?" he asks, one hand on the ladder and one eye combing the room as he stashes the key in a pocket.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Claw smiles at Tulek and says, "Ar, except for a little mutany, everything be fine." Claw remains steady and patient as he waits for Ulfgar and Thunk Chunk to seal their fate. Then he says, "If only these cowards would hurry their insurrection, we could get back to our feast."

At this point, Leroy, Puzzle, and Tails all laugh and call out, "Here here."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ulfgar
    HP 36/36
    AC 16

"Ye want it then boys? Ar, then here be comin me fists." With this, Ulfgar makes a quickcut to the back right and goes straight for Tails. He swings a backhand at Tails with his right hand and finishes it with a straight punch with his left.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+3)[5]
    Attack 1:(1d20+4)[20]
    Attack 2:(1d20+4)[24]

Damage 1:(1d6+4)[7]
    Damage 2:(1d6+4)[9]

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Critical chance: (1d20+4)[19]
    damage: (1d6+4)[10]

22. - Top - End - #172

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos
    HP 22/22
    Ac 19 (22 for fighting defensively)

Karos will move to engage Claw looking over at his companions to say, "Put the cleric down....I don't want this bastard healed." Karos attacks claw tentatively this first round to see what he can do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Karos will move to C8 and tumble to avoid an attack of opportunity
    Tumble:(1d20+9)[28]

Fighting defensively
    Attack:(1d20+2)[5]
    Damage:(1d8+5)[6]
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-01-15 at 09:11 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry forgot Init:(1d20+4)[21]

24. - Top - End - #174

Grish
    HP: 28/28
    AC: 18

"Oh, hells!" He draws his scimitars and attacks Riddle, the nearest "loyalist".

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+3)[22]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[6] + SneakAttack - (1d6)[6] if catching flanked or flat-footed

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tennin

Thinks to himself Well, I believe that the chances of survivin' with this Claw feller be a might bit worse than this Ulfgar feller, an' less crew means a bigger share of th' booty... With that, he's cast his lot in with Ulfgar, and begins casting.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if you've already rolled initiative, so sorry if this doesn't mean anything:
    Initiative: (1d20)[10]
    Tennin backs to where he isn't threatened, then casts Bless, considering the PC side his allies.

26. - Top - End - #176

Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk was about to offer apologies, for whatever they may be worth, but then Claw went ahead and insulted his honor. For the last time.

"That be it, I be done talkin' elfy! Pray to yer gods!"

Spoiler
    Show
    YARRRRRRRRR LET'S DO THIS!!! Actually, I'm on break at work right now and I can't seem to access the map so Thunk Chunk will attack the closest foe. Preferably one of the ones who laughed at him. Allright, Pulley has earned the right to witness this amazing whiff of an attack. Thunk Chunk'll be attacking him

Initiative - (1d20+3)[21]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage - (2d6+4)[12]
    Confirm Crit - (1d20+7)[16]
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-01-16 at 01:59 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #177

Marcus

Still unsure of who, if anybody, he should help; Marcus attempts to move away from the croud. If either of the doors Grish is standing next to is open, he will dart into one of those rooms, otherwise he will climb down the stairs to the main hold.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Don't be runnin away lad. Help yer mates." Ulfgar yells towards Marcus.
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2008-01-16 at 04:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

"I'll tend to the locker, aye?" Tulek nods, shooting a wink to the crowd in general as he salutes. One hand is behind his back, and his mouth keeps moving after his sentence is completed. Then, suddently, Tulek vanishes entirely. He quickly moves from the area he occupied a moment ago, seeking to avoid any attacks aimed at where he was when last seen, he looks ahead to the door of the first mate's cabin, moving through the doorway if it is open.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Invisibility, then taking a move action to go to E9, or F9 if the cabin's door is open.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 1

Grish slashes the young cleric, dropping him in a single blow while Marcus slips by and into the galley. Karos tumbles past the mostly stunned opponents, and Mr. Davies, to take up position in front of claw. Swinging his weapon, Karos does little but provide Claw a cool breeze.

Following Karos' lead, Thunk Chunk swings wildly above the head of the halfling known as Pulley. Tails attempts to cast a spell in a fairly defensive manner, but is too distracted by the combat and loses the spell.

Tulek disappears and then moves over to Claw's (old) cabin and finds the door locked. Pulley decides to shake things up a bit and tumbles through Terrance and to behind Thunk Chunk and into a flanking position with Errow. However, he is tripped up by Terrance, granting Thunk Chunk a chance to strike. His greatsword slices the little man open, but the tough little fella regains his footing and stabs Thunk Chunk with his tiny rapier.

Gramps, grabbing a nearby club, whacks Tennin upside his head as Terrance cowers off to the side. Errow takes advantage of Thunk Chunks divided attention and stabs him in the back with his sword, nearly piercing the hobgoblin's heart.

Leroy grabs a club, moves up behind Davies, and tries to smack him with it, but his horrible aim causes him to miss. Manny, using his club, swats Claw with it, striking, but hardly dealing any damage. Claw shrugs off the blow and using his rapier and claw executes a double slash on Karos. His claw nearly connects, but doesn't and the rapier is not even close.

Tennin, backed into a corner and already hit, decides to simply cast his bless defensively, hopeful someone will come to his aid. He manages to get the spell off. Blue players get +1 to hit, +1 to saves vs fear Willis just stands there and watches the brawl, a slight smile on his face.

Mr. Davies turns and sees Leroy behind him attempting to smash him with a club. Using his own club, he pounds Leroy in the side. Ulfgar turns his wrath on Tails, pounding the dark skinned man bloody. Green Bloody.

Spoiler
    Show

TC AOO = 26(using damage from your missed attack)

Tally :
    Spoiler
    Show

22 - G - Grish
    22 - M - Marcus
    21 - K - Karos
    21 - C - Thunk Chunk (28 / 48 HP)
    21 - L - Tails (19 / 35 HP)
    20 - T - Tulek
    20 - P - Pulley (38 / 50 HP)
    20 - A - Gramps
    20 - I - Terrance
    15 - E - Errow
    14 - O - Leroy (4 / 7 HP)
    12 - Y - Manny
    12 - W - Claw (38 / 40 HP)
    11 - R - Riddle (-2/10 HP)
    10 - N - Tennin (21/ 24 HP)
    10 - S - Willis
    9 - D - Davies
    5 - U - Ulfgar

{{ I color coded the people based on side. Red vs Blue }}
    Updated Map