Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    smile Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Past, present and future
    Updates once a week...dont know exctly what day...

    This is a story of how the solar system was born, the evolution of life, prehistory and history of man, and the vision of the future.

    Part 1 - How it all began
    Spoiler
    Show

    The molecular cloud - 15.12.2007
    Spoiler
    Show


    The pre-solar nebula - 16.12.2007
    Spoiler
    Show


    The protoplanetary disk - 17.12.2007
    Spoiler
    Show


    The solar system - 18.12.2007
    Spoiler
    Show


    The Inner planets - 20.12.2007
    Spoiler
    Show

    Last edited by Bayar; 2008-01-17 at 07:49 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Page one fresh out of the oven !
    Spoiler
    Show


    Tried my best to do a realistic molecular cloud, but could not get the mist effect in photoshop, so I made it in Inkscape...

    So, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Bayar; 2007-12-16 at 07:12 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    There's two "of"s in the second paragraph, but it's looking good so far

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    I like the idea. I like the first comic, I only hope you'll be doing a good evolution page.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Ah, forgot to check the spelling...good thing I used Inkscape, it would have been a nightmare to edit it in Paint

    Was almost ready with the second one, when Inkscape crashes...and the autosave failed...all I cansay, it looks great with the black background, even I was surprised when saw it...so prepare for the Protostar phase.
    Last edited by Bayar; 2007-12-16 at 12:04 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    I managed to finish page 2, although not as good as the first time I did it, think it looks cool.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Tomorrow, I'll make the protoplanetary system

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Szilard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California (GMT -8)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - 2 pages done.

    Awesome, why didn't I think of this.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

    Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive



  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    @/\ Well, if someone was already doing this, I wouldnt have started in the first place

    Also, finished page 3.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Next time, will try to do a double panel, with forming planets and the remaining (currently existing) planets.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Like it.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    I know I wanted to do a double for tomorrow, but I will have a tight schedule, so in case I dont have time to present all the planets, I will post this today:
    Spoiler
    Show

    The biggest pain to draw was Saturn, it's rings more exactly...had to make 2 forms so it would be in front and back at the same time...

    So, next issue: the eight planets and the three dwarf planets of the solar system, hopefully with their respective satelites. - hope this will get your interest...

    Also, please leave at least 1 comment, so I will know someone actually gives a damn...will promise not to write so much in the next pages , and to try and make some little jokes too
    Last edited by Bayar; 2007-12-18 at 12:24 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Szilard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California (GMT -8)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Really cool, again.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

    Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive



  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    I have a...dilema...
    Look at Mercury and Venus:

    Do you think that they look good drawn? personally, think Venus wont look like the original, the Earth I will probably screw up, since it has a lot of clouds and **** all around...but want to hear your opinions...if it looks crappy, I will just fast forward to the evolution of life, while writing the names, short description of the planets in another post...

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mr_Saturn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Revolving around Uranus

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Refer to my sigitar for drawing saturn.

    Yay! i sneaked into bayar's comic! Thanks for the cameo.
    Your friendly neighborhood A&C hobo.

    Support local OotS webcomics! Read Tales of Revelia.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Saturn View Post
    Refer to my sigitar for drawing saturn.

    Yay! i sneaked into bayar's comic! Thanks for the cameo.
    Actually, I wanted to draw you when I came to Saturn, and you to say: "cant a planet have some privacy?" . Also, wanted to use your avatar as a guideline to draw saturn, since it was a real pain to draw it in small version...

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    They look fine to me, some in-frame text naming them should cover any issues that may or may not appear

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    This is great.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    They look fine to me, some in-frame text naming them should cover any issues that may or may not appear
    this was merely to see if I am on the right tracks...will do the rest of the inner planets and asteroid belt tomorrow....outer planets in weekend...since I have a three day religious holiday ahead of me .
    Also, will try to make a little christmas special...a little teaer of what I am planning for...the future...

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElanROCKS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pie World
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Oh wow, this is really awesome. I will be following this like OOTS. Its awesome...awesome awesome awesome. Consider this, you have a big fan out there.

    P.S. Good art. I suck monkey butt at Inkscape :) Kudos.
    Proud Super Bard of the fanclub
    Awesome Avatar by DarkCorax

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElanROCKS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pie World
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    I have a...dilema...
    Look at Mercury and Venus:

    Do you think that they look good drawn? personally, think Venus wont look like the original, the Earth I will probably screw up, since it has a lot of clouds and **** all around...but want to hear your opinions...if it looks crappy, I will just fast forward to the evolution of life, while writing the names, short description of the planets in another post...
    That's really good. I like to way (please forgive me for the following tiredness) the small planet shines.
    Proud Super Bard of the fanclub
    Awesome Avatar by DarkCorax

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Well...I have finished the inner planets. Will do a separate one for the asteroid belt, a separate one for the gas giant+ice giant planets and another one for the outer planets+stuff that are less known...

    So, here are Mecury, Venus, Earth and Mars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Man, I said I will quit explaining stuff, but think it will be better now than later, when the solar exploration missions start...

    Also, thanksfor the comments it made my day
    Last edited by Bayar; 2007-12-20 at 07:12 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nameless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Learning is fun when there's pretty pictures
    Dear Princess Celestia,


    You faithful student,
    Nameless

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Past, present and future
    Will try to update Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but could be more often...

    This is a story of how the solar system was born, the evolution of life, prehistory and history of man, and the vision of the future.

    Part 1 - How it all began
    Spoiler
    Show

    The molecular cloud - 15.12.2007
    Spoiler
    Show


    The pre-solar nebula - 16.12.2007
    Spoiler
    Show


    The protoplanetary disk - 17.12.2007
    Spoiler
    Show

    The solar system - 18.12.2007
    Spoiler
    Show


    A couple things:

    Awesome art!! Did you do it all in inkscape and if so how'd you do i?! I'd like to know for my space comic!

    Secondly I think the plural of supermova is supernovae, at least according to lary niven in ringworld.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Quote Originally Posted by ABB View Post
    A couple things:

    Awesome art!! Did you do it all in inkscape and if so how'd you do i?! I'd like to know for my space comic!

    Secondly I think the plural of supermova is supernovae, at least according to lary niven in ringworld.
    1. I usually draw the shape I want to do, in this case a circle, overlap it onto the real one and blur the circle so I can add details.

    2. dunno, I got the text from Wikipedia... the ae from supernovae is prnounced e...so it would be like saying supernove...know this from Aeon Flux (Aeon is pronounced Eon)

    and finally, will see in this weekend if I can make an asteroid belt picture, and a Christmas special comic (yes, we have that also).

    And as a side note, I personally think that it can be done even better, but if you say that it looks awesome...cant argue with you

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    1. I usually draw the shape I want to do, in this case a circle, overlap it onto the real one and blur the circle so I can add details.

    2. dunno, I got the text from Wikipedia... the ae from supernovae is prnounced e...so it would be like saying supernove...know this from Aeon Flux (Aeon is pronounced Eon)

    and finally, will see in this weekend if I can make an asteroid belt picture, and a Christmas special comic (yes, we have that also).

    And as a side note, I personally think that it can be done even better, but if you say that it looks awesome...cant argue with you
    How do you do the lighting effects? That's the awesome part. As for a suggestion, can you put a small, blurry halo effect around planets with atmospheres to represent them?

    BTW, here's a website to check out: http://www.supernovae.net/isn.htm

    Lastly, I sure hope no one does a stupid joke about drawing uranus....
    Last edited by ABB; 2007-12-21 at 05:01 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    well, i use the fill and stroke tab, and just select another fill style...I was shocked too when I found out it looks so awesome

    Will look at the site, seems interesting.

    And about the uranus joke....I wanted to do it

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Kinda late, but my Christmas special is ready!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Wow, my first female character drawn...still feel like a pervert for the chest drawing stuff...and the hair looks kinda weird, but overall think that it ilustrates what I want to do and where I am headed...

    So, Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year !

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Antamar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Kinda late, but my Christmas special is ready!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Wow, my first female character drawn...still feel like a pervert for the chest drawing stuff...and the hair looks kinda weird, but overall think that it ilustrates what I want to do and where I am headed...

    So, Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year !
    I like the Caveman Christmas scene.
    Awesome avatar by Baboon Army.

    Official Half-Elf Eldritch Knight of House Kato

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    I like it. Merry Christmas to you too.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Penguin in the Playground Moderator
     
    kpenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    Are we ever seeing more?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bayar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Past, present and future - fact+fiction webcomic

    it was new years and stuff...thx for comments...

    Also, my exams are closing, and as much as I hate to admit it, I havent studied a single thing...so will shift into high gear, and the comic...well it will be here when it will be ready...

    On another side note, the ****ing asteroid belt is hard to draw, since you dont have much reference pictures...still dunno if they are really grey...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •