Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Grinder Group 3

Mr. Stabby

Mr. Stabby swims up 15ft. still hiding and moving silently. I wonder where the others could be... he idly thinks to himself, completely oblivious to the terrible danger his allies are in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Damage (1d6)[1], Fast Healing 3
    Darkstalking
    Hide (1d20+79)[82]
    Move Silently (1d20+50)[60]
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reseve): Oathbreaker TGH
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reserve): Bloatsack the Vile
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reserve): Pin
    Character for The Grinder: Mr. Stabby

Arena Tournament Medals (courtesy of The_Chilli_God)

Arena Tournament. PvP. Forum Gaming. YES! GO!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If I'm rephrasing (I had time to think it over on the bus) then I'll take a 10 on the swim check (no one's threatening me, and I don't know it's fully combat yet) for a 12, and save the maneuver. Then I'll let out the gout CasterLevelCheck - (1d20+11)[13] and use my Darkstalker feat to be all sneaky-sneaky. Hide - (1d20+33)[43] MoveSilently - (1d20+29)[44]
    Last edited by Seffbasilisk; 2007-12-18 at 07:34 PM.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gor'thok

Great. Just great. Swimming in boiling water. Whoever thought of this should die a painfully violent death. I think as I swim upwards, noting mentally where I entered.

Spoiler
    Show

26 rounds of breath remaining.
    Damage (1d6)[2].
    Fort save (1d20+29)[31].
    Swim check: (1d20+27)[31]
    Using Natural Cunning to not get lost, basically, knowing where he started.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Three

After hearing a strange squeal, Three reaches out telepathically to all of his compatriots.

*Is everyone alright? We need to regroup, hopefully I will be able to find a way out of this mess. Try to regroup on me. Hopefully, you, Ash, should be able to find me. Bring the others.*

After that, Three casts a silent "Find the Path".

Wording:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Find a path out of what I am in now and onwards to safety"

Stat block:
    Spoiler
    Show

Three
    Race:Human (7 Bard / 1 Mindbender / 2 UR-Priest / 1 Sublime Chord / 7 Mystic Theurge)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil Type: Humanoid(Human)
    Initiative: -7
    Languages
    Common
    Abyssal
    Infernal

Immune
    Projectiles and Thrown Weapons (Storm Rage)
    Grapple, Web, Entangle etc. (Freedom of Movement via Ring)
    No need to eat or drink (Ioun stone)
    No need to breathe (Ioun Stone)
    Fire(Energy Immunity)

Saves:
    Fort +17 , Ref +16, Will +39
    (Superior Resistance +6resist, Conviction +5morale bonus)
    Space/Reach: 5'
    Base Atk: +8; Grapple: +5 (Immune due to Freedom of Movement

Special Qualities:
    Rebuke Undead: 16/day
    Bardic Music: 8/day
    Bardic Knoweledge: +8
    Healing Hymn (Alternate Class feature)
    Telepathy 100'
    Evasion (Ring)
    Freedom of Movement (ring)

Feats:
    Able Learner, Spell Focus(Evil), Iron Will, Silent Spell, Melodic Casting, Extend Spell, Persistant Spell, Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell, Reach Spell, Metamagic Song

Skills
    Intimidate +12, Diplomacy +12, Sense Motive +19, Bluff +14, Spellcraft +10, Listen +28, Perform(string instruments) +31, Knoweledge (Arcane) +8, Knoweledge (Religion) +8, Knoweledge (Planes) +7, Profession(Astrology) +16, Concentration +22, Use Magic Device +29
    Ring of Freedom of Movement
    Ring of Enduring Arcana (Active only while buffing in the morning)
    Monk's Belt
    Bracers of Armor +6
    Amulet of Health +4
    Portable Hole
    -Nice chair, desk, and small bed within, as well as extra sacks and the like
    Gray Ioun Stone with Continual Flame
    Clear Ioun Stone
    Iridescent Ioun Stone
    Rod of Chaining (Lesser)
    Masterwork Lute
    1340GP

Day Long Spells in Effect:
    Shield of Faith
    Ebon Eyes
    Conviction
    Heroe's Feast
    Divine Insight (+20 on any single skill check)
    Resistance, Superior
    Stormrage
    Energy Immunity(Fire)

Cleric Spells for the day: 21 CL
    Spoiler
    Show

0-Level
    Create Water, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor

1-Level
    Blessed Aim, Blessed Aim, Lesser Vigor, Obscuring Mist, Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Sanctuary

2-Level
    Close Wounds, Divine Insight, Conviction(Extended), Ebon Eyes(Extended), Align Weapn, Darkness, Darkness

3-Level
    Know Vulnerabilities, Magic Vestment, Mass Lesser Vigor, Mass Lesser Vigor, Deeper Darkness, Meld into Stone

4-Level
    Death Ward, Dismissal, Mass Shield of Faith, Divine Power, Spell Immunity, Inflict Critical Wounds

5-Level
    Stone Bones, Greater Command, Slay Living, True Seeing, Greater Blindsight(Extended)

6-Level
    Energy Immunity, Superior Resistance, Blade Barrier, Harm, Heroe's Feast

7-Level
    Mass Spell Resistance, Fortunate Fate, Greater Dispel Magic(Silent)

8-Level
    Storm Rage, Earthquake

9-Level
    Miracle

Bard Spells Known/Cast: 8 CL
    Spoiler
    Show

Castable/day: 3/5/5/5/3
    Cast: 0/0/0/0
    0-Level
    Detect Magic, Mage hand, Mending, Prestididation, Read Magic, Summon Instrument

1-Level
    Cure Light Wounds, Charm Person, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Identify

2-Level
    Cure Moderate Wounds, Heroism, Mirror Image, Suggestion

3-Level
    Cure Serious Wounds, Haste, Major Image

Sublime Chord Spells Known/Cast: 16 CL
    Spoiler
    Show

Castable/Day:5/5/5/4/3
    Cast: 0/0/0/1/0

4-Level
    Shadow Conjuration, Polymorph, Assay Spell Resistance, Greater Invisibility

5-Level
    Mass Cure Light Wounds, Greater Heroism, Shadow Evocation, Greater Dispel Magic

6-Level
    Otto's Irresistable Dance, Repulsion, Find the Path, Flesh to Stone

7-Level
    Spell Turning, Greater Shadow Conjuration, Limited Wish

8-Level
    Greater Shadow Evocation, Polymorph any Object

[/QUOTE]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Gor'thok swims up unmolested and unhindered until his powerful strokes bump his large form into something massive. It feels like it is made of ropey slimey cancerous wood, yet it is riddled with bizarre stony growths that seem to pierce its surface from the inside. More importantly it undulates and moves with life, and touching causes an unpleasant burning sensation in your skin.

Three's find the path indicates a path out this chamber down and to east. It does not yet indicate any traps to be bypassed physically or with command words.

Spoiler
    Show
    Merely touching it doesn't do any damage Gor'thok, but it feels awful.
    Presumably Three communicates this information to everyone, so you may act on it in character unless for some bizarre reason he deliberately specify that he isn't.

I will post the beast's turn later this evening (around noon I think for most people in North America), it is going after Three in order of action.

[OOC Addressing previous posts]
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Latham View Post
    Mr. Stabby

Mr. Stabby swims up 15ft. still hiding and moving silently. I wonder where the others could be... he idly thinks to himself, completely oblivious to the terrible danger his allies are in.
    You probably already know it but this happens next round, you've already taken your turn. You may want to change it after the beast goes (or you may not even be able to, we'll see).
    Quote Originally Posted by javcs View Post
    Gor'thok
    26 rounds of breath remaining.
    Damage [roll0].
    Fort save [roll1].
    Swim check: [roll2]
    Using Natural Cunning to not get lost, basically, knowing where he started.
    Remember taking actions burns breath away. Close one on the fort save there! Good use of natural cunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronz View Post
    Three

After hearing a strange squeal, Three reaches out telepathically to all of his compatriots.

*Is everyone alright? We need to regroup, hopefully I will be able to find a way out of this mess. Try to regroup on me. Hopefully, you, Ash, should be able to find me. Bring the others.*

After that, Three casts a silent "Find the Path".

Wording:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Find a path out of what I am in now and onwards to safety"
    Being an exceptionally clever fellow, you also know that Lesdok has blindsight.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lesdock

Thought message for Three ((so glad someone has telepathy)):
    Spoiler
    Show

The room we're in is 50 across. Some ... thing; very large thing with long appendages, maybe a squid, is above us and above him seems to be solid rock, so I don't think we can escape that way. Below us may also be a problem; the water is ... disturbed ... blades spinning is the best I can describe it; whether stationary or moving across I am not certain. But that's about 20 feet below us. I can't sense anything past that, but there's no solid rock for at least 40 feet beyond the disturbance. I will move to be 10 to 15 feet directly below you to try and learn more. As up contains a monster and a solid ceiling, down may be our only option. Please tell the others. ((To the extent possible, I'd also communicate where the others are in relation to him, assuming blindsight would let me distinguish people by size))

Briefly reeling from the attack and hearing Three's instructions, Lesdock attempts to inform Three of what he knows of the room and moves to position himself 10-15 feet below Three and begins sensing for more information, particularly to the right.

fire (1d6)[4]
    fort (1d20+21)[27]
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2007-12-19 at 08:58 AM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Three

Three indicates to everyone that down and to the right is where they must head. He himself will "begin to head that way" (on his turn). He also tells Ash and Lesdok to lead the rest.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

As Gar'Thok pokes about wall of unyielding wood/stone/cancerousness, a pair of clawed hands slash into his body. You feel the claws begin pulling you apart, rending flesh from bone. The shock to your system is tremendous, but your hardy minotaur constitution keeps you from blacking out from the massive damage. Unfortunately this is not the end of the assault as two more claws latch into your body and pull you apart.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are hit by two claw attacks for 26 and 33 damage respectively. Rending damage is 62 (save for massive damage or die). I presume you survive that (if you don't roll a one, roll though because you soak up two attacks if you don't die) and you get pegged twice more for 33 and 37. Rend for 55. Save for massive damage except the total is 246, leaving you at -20, aka dead.

Mr. Stabby feels the water churn around him as he wriggles blindly about in the dark water. He thinks something might be trying to attack him but can't quite get a bead on him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am aware of your Dark Stalker Feat. Your square has been targeted but you were missed. You don't know how your square was targeted.

Ash sees the inky water swirl at the edge of his bubble of pure air. A massive tentacle seemingly made of vile cancerous looking wood, with smaller stoney spurs jutting out of it rips through the edge of the pocket of air. He doesnít see the second tentacle swipe into him from behind and it begins to squeeze him into oblivion. A third tentacle boils out of the gloom and crushes the last vestiges of life from his tiny body.
    Spoiler
    Show
    See Mr. Stabbyís spoiler as it applies to you too.
    1 tentacle hit for 40 damage (reflex DC 15 for Ĺ; both count as a magic weapon, see below).
    1 tentacle hit for 42 damage (reflex DC 15 for Ĺ)
    Grapple Checks for each are DC 60 and 66 respectively. Failure deals 61 damage fort he first and 57 for the second (no reflex save).

Total damage with succesful reflex saves is 159 leaving you at -63.

Evasion does not apply to starmantle cloaks. Donít even try to argue this point. You may have a valid alternate interpretation but I subscribe to the interpretation that normally attacks donít get reflex saves (even if they do get a save with the cloak) and thus evasion does not apply, and since I subscribe to that, so does this gameís rule set. Arguing this is going to end badly (unless you can point out a ruling by Wizards that I am unaware of with location pg # etc. donít bother).

Lesdok senses the three tentacles whipping towards him. His stance does not seem to deter them and the simultaneous attack cracks into his form. Once again his powerful magics prevent him from being grappled, but still his body is beaten and battered to lifelessness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three tentacle strikes, 47, 44 and 47 damage each for a total of 138 (181 with the initial).This leaves you at -3, bleeding to death.

Three manages to send off his telepathic missive, but any further communication is cut short. Two tentacles flail about incompetently, unnoticed except by the currents they produce. Two others though strike true, and though powerful magic prevents them from getting a firm hold, the physical trauma they inflict is enough to break the frail man.
    Spoiler
    Show
    two tentacle hits, 44 and 49 respectively. 93 total, leaving you at -14.

Tofur lets out a fearsome roar as his body is crushed by the constricting tentacle. The roar is of course unheard because Tofur, like everyone else, is underwater.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iím presuming he didnít make the grapple check from your round in which case he takes an additional 55 damage, which kills him.

Nelisharís body is crushed by one of the constricting tentacles, but he is hardy and despite the awful blow he is still functioning. The tentacle whips him through the water, before coming to a quick halt. There is a sudden displacement of water before all goes completely black.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Presuming you failed the grapple check from your round you take and additional 60 damage. This is followed by a bite attack for 41 (Fort Save DC 37, not poison).
    Presuming you fail the grapple, with the 44 from the initial attack total damage is 155, leaving you at -45.

Final Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    the above presumes you all fail your grapple checks. Obviously if you donít that will change things.

Good try everyone! Youíre welcome to make new characters and retry or tweak the ones you have and run them through again. See you in the main forum, but please donít tell everyone what to expect. Iíd like to let them experience it for themselves.

Your turn Mr. Stabby. I presume you are acting differently than you posted.
    Last edited by Sxoa; 2007-12-19 at 01:36 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eh, well, was still a fun character to make. What was that thing's attack bonus anyway?

Guess I should've beelined for the blades; and, yeah, planning before entering the sphere might've been a good idea. Live and learn i guess. Good luck to anyone who lived
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by playswithfire View Post
    Eh, well, was still a fun character to make. What was that thing's attack bonus anyway?

Guess I should've beelined for the blades; and, yeah, planning before entering the sphere might've been a good idea. Live and learn i guess. Good luck to anyone who lived
    I was surprised you didn't. Your nobility was your downfall. I had you posited as one of the most likely to survive this encounter. Mr. Stabby is still alive so keep things in character if they're out of spoiler.

And if you liked the character you're welcome to try again with him as is or tweak him and try again.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+29)[34]
    That thing hits hard.

Wait, if I'm dead anyways ... does it matter?
    Yeah, we definitely should've planned better.

I liked this group :/
    I'm gonna tweak and re-run, if possible.
    Edit: Forgot spoilers
    Last edited by javcs; 2007-12-19 at 07:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

"Hmm... I wonder what that was." Mr. Stabby thinks to himself as he casually swims towards the bottom right, just like Mr. Three said. "When we get out of this I'll have to thank him. Theres something not right with this water. It like that time I fell into the tea pot..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Well who would've thought that Mr. Stabby would be the last one standing (aside from me that is ) Well, if it attacked me it means I'm observed somehow, I don't know how that is but there you are. Mr. Stabby doesn't know that so he will continue to swim at half speed for a double move (aka 15ft.), hiding and moving silently whilst darkstalking.

Hide (1d20+79)[95]
    Move Silently (1d20+50)[53]

How much bigger than me is this thing. It matters for the Easy Escape Trick. (Large +4, Huge +8, Gargantuan +12, Colossal +16 to escape artist, not that it will probably matter with damage and to hit like what I saw OOC. I mean DAMN!
    Last edited by Paladin Latham; 2007-12-19 at 07:46 PM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

After the first five feet diagnol down Mr. Stabby bumps into a wall. Continuing his downward movement he passes into a sea of blades, but he manages to expertly dodge them, reflexively twitching out of the way based on the slight pressure fronts preceding each blade.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The above text presumes you make the reflex save. Oh yeah, make a reflex save.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

"Blimey!" <- internal monologue

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save (1d20+22)[28] +5 if its a trap, Improved Evasion
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby manages to successfully dodge the oncoming blades despite being unable to see them. He's just that talented.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No damage because of evasion. You can't see anything else happening so its your turn again.
    Last edited by Sxoa; 2007-12-20 at 09:34 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

Continuing to follow Three's advice, Mr. Stabby will search for an exit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Damage (1d6)[3] Fast Healing 3
    Swim another 15ft. in the down/east direction, hiding and moving silently. If I run into a wall before my second move action I'll make a search check by touch.

Search (1d20+18)[22]
    Hide (1d20+79)[84]
    Move Silently (1d20+50)[57]
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Leaving the blades, Mr. Stabby pokes blindly about in the dark. He begins to feel a slight tugging sensation pulling him downwards.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You need to make a second reflex save since you stopped a turn inside the blade barrier. You need to make a swim check (which I think you autopass with your swim speed?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Latham View Post
    Mr. Stabby

Continuing to follow Three's advice, Mr. Stabby will search for an exit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Damage [roll0] Fast Healing 3
    Swim another 15ft. in the down/east direction, hiding and moving silently. If I run into a wall before my second move action I'll make a search check by touch.

Search [roll1]
    Hide [roll2]
    Move Silently [roll3]
    You don't have natural cunning or anything of that ilk so I'm presuming by "down and east" you mean "down and some direction that I have a good feeling about" (you might have some means of direction sense that I missed, so I could be wrong). You're already up against the wall so you can't go any further towards it.

How much space does a search check cover?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

Bother, bother, bother. It can never be easy... <- more internal monologue

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex (1d20+22)[41] +5 if its a trap. I think a search check covers a 5ft. area.

edit: Stabby would have at lease swam down away from the blades before checking.
    Last edited by Paladin Latham; 2007-12-20 at 10:34 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

The searching is slow going but Mr. Stabby works his way along the wall. He encounters a couple of locations where small holes (1/2 inch across) in the wall jet water out into the main chamber at an incredible velocity. They are like little underwater geysers that never stop. As he goes further down the undertow continues to get stronger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I presumed he would too, the issue was that he ended his turn in the blades so he was affected by them twice (once for each round). Not that it matters since you've got an obscene reflex with improved evasion.

You autopass all your swim checks since you can take 10 with a swim speed, and your swim check is high enough.

It takes a full round action to search a five foot cube. Can you describe the search pattern you are taking? The surface curves towards you in both directions, you appear to be in some sort cylinder or tube.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

Rubbing his chin in deep thought (as a free action) Mr. Stabby thinks;
    Well there might be an exit below me, but my ratty-sense is telling me thats actually something bad. If only I was more tiny! Those jets would have made a smashing good exit point. Dash it all! I might as well get a feel for this place before I steep too long in the teapot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Damage (1d6)[4] Fast Healing 3
    If the layout is like what I'm imagining, the room looks like this so far:
    |bad|
    \ /
    \ s/ <- wierd, I didn't know the forums did that. Make a qoute to see it.
    \ /
    ?
    If the room is roughly cone-ish Mr. stabby will search in a spiral going down 20ft. to the right always hiding and moving silently at 5ft. speed, then down 5ft. and another 20ft. until he gets the feeling that the cylinder is closing to less than 20ft. (side to side). Unless something happens to make me roll otherwise here are the rolls for the next 5 rounds:
    (when the invisibility drops he will use a standard action to put it up again with the ring)
    Hide (1d20+79)[94]
    Hide (1d20+79)[92]
    Hide (1d20+79)[89]
    Hide (1d20+79)[80]
    Hide (1d20+79)[90]
    Move Silently (1d20+50)[70]
    Move Silently (1d20+50)[64]
    Move Silently (1d20+50)[57]
    Move Silently (1d20+50)[70]
    Move Silently (1d20+50)[67]
    Search (1d20+18)[28]
    Search (1d20+18)[36]
    Search (1d20+18)[35]
    Search (1d20+18)[19]
    Search (1d20+18)[30]
    Fire Damage (1d6)[2]
    Fire Damage (1d6)[5]
    Fire Damage (1d6)[6]
    Fire Damage (1d6)[4]
    Fire Damage (1d6)[2]

Edit: Of couse if the wall doesn't feel roundish I might change my action.
    Last edited by Paladin Latham; 2007-12-20 at 08:22 PM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby begins his spiraling descent and the cylinder does not seem to be narrowing at all. The going is slow, as he thoroughly searches all the space he is crossing.

After a brief period (time is hard to keep track of in this endless gloom), he feels a massive displacement of water from above.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

Uh oh... <- inside his head

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Damage (1d6)[4] Fast Healing 3
    I knew I should have put lead lining on all my magic items. I'm willing to bet thats how it finds me. Theres nothing else for it, Mr. Stabby swims strait down 15ft.

Hide (1d20+79)[83]
    Move Silently (1d20+50)[54]
    Last edited by Paladin Latham; 2007-12-21 at 09:07 PM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

"huh, whats this then?"

Listen (1d20+14)[29]
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

You hear a loud screech of frustration above you. Immediately following this there is another surge of water, smaller than the first but still noticeable, pulling away from you towards the top of the tube. Roars and screeches of agony fill the inky gloom before it once again becomes quiet. The only sounds being the movement of the water. As you squirm downward along the wall you notice it begins to point inward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm back on Eastern Time (GMT -5) now.

The last square of your 15 foot rush down is slanted inward, you'd guess at a 60 or 70 degree angle. The current continues to get stronger the further down you go.

Make another listen check

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

"An exit?"

Listen (1d20+14)[31]
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

As you ponder these things you hear a voice distantly through the water. You're not certain whether its just extremely garbled by the water or simply in a language you cannot understand. The words are deep and carrying, reminiscent of the storm tossed sea.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

Mind whisper -> "Are you chaps still there? Still alive? No? Righto then."

Mr. Stabby's craven nature urges him to sit still and think. And since there is no better way to think than over a cup of tea, he puts away his crossbow, pulls out a teacup and his kettle, and proceeds to pour a cloud of tea that he blindly scoops with the teacup. In the middle of a firery, watery grave that will shortly boil him to death, Mr. Stabby can't help but feel that if he had more courage he would go investigate that noise...
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

You hear a loud crunching and banging noise, like a hardwood tree being run through a wood chipper with fairly frequent cracks, akin to shattering stones. For a brief moment there are more fleshy noises, as if tough hard meat was being passed through a mulcher. There is a brief pause, it doesn't seem like too long, but time seems to be a funny thing here in the darkness, and once again the noise starts up for a brief stint. The water begins to smell and taste putrid, like something rotten and vile has been poured into it. Then partially through the water and partially through the metal wall you are up against you hear the sound of something pounding on metal, possibly even shearing it away.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Stabby

"Give it hell chaps. Whatever it is."

*sips nasty water/tea*

Just waiting.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

For an instant you hear the sound of creaking metal before the roar of rushing water fills your ears. The current suddenly reverses and draws you upward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    make a swim check! You can take 10 but you don't know if that's enough to pass the DC. Maybe, maybe not...