New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

Father Porter

"Okay, gentlemen. We find ourselves in a bit of a problem. It almost looks as if we were transported to some kind of...wierd alternate universe where dark weasle things rule the inns of the world."

After seeing that nobody and nothing is in each room, I head downstairs, still readying an action to cast bless in case of attack, and peer around the commons, heading toward the door. As it is not doing anything to help create a light source but still producing light, I cancel the effect of my light spell, and peer out the inn's window just enough to see outside, but not far enough to be easily seen. What do I see?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd

Perplexed, Syd follows along after the priest. "Totally beyond my experience. I have no idea what to do," the dwarf offers quietly, obviously out of sorts. "By the way, I'm Sydian d'Kundarak, butcha can just call me Syd," he says to the group with a slight bow.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #123

Father Porter

"Glad to meet you Syd. As I said previoiusly, I am a priest of the sacred Silver Flame, and my name is Father Porter. Friends, which I now count you all amongst, call me 'Father' or 'Padre.' I also have absolutely no clue as to what is going on."
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

4. - Top - End - #124

WolfInSheepsClothing

As the priest steps down the stairs, he creeps towards one of the windows facing out the front of the inn. Pulling back the curtains a little bit he sees...

DungeonMaster77:
    Spoiler
    Show

You see that the outside has the same shadowy illumination as the inside, but your visibility is severely limited. After several feet, there is only a strong mist.

OOC: You generally can't ready stuff out of combat, fyi. If you want to declare that as your first action in possible case of combat, then alright...

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf nods. "A pleasure, Padre. If y'all'll excuse me a moment, I need some armor an' the rest of my gear before we run into anything worse than shadowy demon-weasels! Things seem to've settled down for now." Syd heads towards his room, then pauses a moment and turns back to Father Porter. "Whatcha seein', anyway?"

6. - Top - End - #126

Father Porter

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought you could ready an action outside of combat, so that if you were confronted with the specific action (i.e. ready for attack), you would get an action in suprise round. Or that may be a house rule in my RL game...not sure...
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

7. - Top - End - #127

WolfInSheepsClothing

DungeonMaster77:
    Spoiler
    Show

That's a definite houserule. If you get a surprise round...you just get the round for free and can determine what you do at the time. Surprise is only dependent on noticing the other party before they notice you, and not because you "expect" something that could conceivably happen at some point in the near future.

8. - Top - End - #128

Now, this just don't make no sense. Looks as though we're the first to ever be here, but I know there was people here last night....agh, my head hurts too much for this right now.. He spoke, holding his head as he slowly followed the father.

If we could.....umm, just figure out how we got here..if that is the case, then we could get back.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follow along behind Padre....that's it

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

"This...is most unusual."

The warforged heads down to the common room along with the others. He gives the room a quick look over to see if it is as 'tidy' as the guest rooms were. He looks out the windows and checks the door to see if it is open or locked.

"We should search this building and verify if we are alone in it. Then check the provisions of food and water... and allow those who require sleep to do so to heal. Given the damage done by the weasel creatures when we were separated, we should probably camp out in a single area where we can easily defend each other, perhaps this room? It would probably be best to wait until day to think about traveling away from here, without access to artificial lighting travel would be difficult."

The warforged sounds almost uneasy, his mind cycles through all the knowledge and tales he has read and tries to sift between those with merit and the 'ghost stories' he all too often ran into. For a creature only a few years old and animated with magic, its hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Curious, moves one hand to his metal face and feels it, almost testing to see if it comes off to reveal a human face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

10. - Top - End - #130

WolfInSheepsClothing

As people start collecting in the lower area, the warforged goes to take a look for himself out the window, then tries the door to see if it's locked and finds that it isn't.

Randel:
    Spoiler
    Show

The room is as tidy as you could imagine. But then, the staff probably cleaned up after most of the patrons had left.

You see that the outside has the same shadowy illumination as the inside, but your visibility is severely limited. After several feet, there is only a strong mist.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

"There seems to be a very thick mist outside and the strange illumination as well... it blocks out everything past a few feet."

Thinking about this, he remarks. "Strange, I do know that the mournland has a wall of thick mist around it... and healing is impeded within it both from natural and most magical means... I suppose our predicament could be something similar except that this area impedes light."

He shakes his head "No... no... there is nothing to suggest something like that. It is only the mist that is similar."
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

Agh! we need to get out of here! This is insanity! We can't even figure out where we are! Aelodin groans in frustration.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

He spoke as he walked around, checking doorways, entranceways and other things that could be used for defense if they were attacked by those weasel...things.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

Richard:

So we had a warforged, a housed dwarf, an elf (who was begining to freak out), Father Porter, and himself in a house which looked empty (he hoped that everyone else was ok). Well at least they were all prepared, and Father Porter was right they were adventurers (even if he had groaned at the choice of words at the time).

"The warforged is right. We should just stay put." He agreed with the warforged. Even if they were in a world run by demonic ferrets, they would be fine. Was it run by demonic ferrets or were those creatures minions to something darker? Minions or something more, well, insane, transporters? Were they transported here because of the demon's ... bite, maybe?

This really hurt his head.

"Was everyone bitten by those things?" He was calm, very calm, it was something that he picked up in his travelings. Take deep breaths and remain calm.

14. - Top - End - #134

WolfInSheepsClothing

Suzuro:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Yeah, there's probably things you can do to prevent an attack from the outside, if that's what you wanted. Tables and chairs can be moved around to block doors and windows. Or you can even just shut yourself in inside a room.

But that's assuming that an attack is coming and that if it is it's from the outside.

Considering the complete lack of knowledge regarding the nature of the enemy, no real, rational, defensive measures can be taken. However, if you want to go all paranoid about it, feel free.

In other words, whatever knowledges and/or wisdom your character might have regarding strategies and tactics in this situation, it's pretty much useless.

15. - Top - End - #135

What gave it away? Was it the blood?! Gah! I can't believe all we can do is sit around and wait... The elf spoke, as he sat down.

He began to try and wash off some of the dried blood with the materials that he had available.

I guess we'll be sticking around, are we all staying in this room, then? Regardless we need to set up a watch.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

"With no knowledge of where our 'enemy' might be, resting and recuperating from our wounds might be the wisest course of action. This room would provide a view of the outside and possible access to an exit if we were to find the inn too dangerous to remain in. Since the creatures got into our rooms, I would hazard a guess that barring the doors and windows would not serve to keep them away from us."

He turns to the mist outside.

"Though... I do recall before a human associate once told me about a story about some people who spent a night at a 'haunted house' and faced all sorts of dangerous and frightful situations. I recall him saying something along the lines of 'why didn't they just leave the dang place?' though with this odd mist outside I am unsure if the outside is safer than the inside... though we are not in immediate danger now."

"So... to err on the side of caution, I would vote for staying here and resting until we feel safe about exploring to see how far out this odd lighting goes."

"I do not require sleep so I would be glad to take first watch. Though I would require rest later to replenishing my infusions and recuperate from the ability damage the creatures inflicted."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure how to handle resting for a warforged, though I doubt I could effectively rest while standing guard.
    Last edited by Randel; 2007-12-31 at 01:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Richard

He clenched his fists imedietly upon the elf's response resisting the urge to just knock him unconcious, because his insane ranting was begining to get on his nerves (and worry him as well). "The fact that we were all bitten by a ferret he paused. The fact that the effect looked like a silver flame seemed blasthemous to him; he really didn't want to think too deeply on it, and the effects afterwards could be important to why we are here." Smart-mouthed elf ...

He turned around and went to the stairs.

"I'll get a fire going in a second."

He goes up the stairs and to his room to get his flint and steel.

Father Porter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you are from Thrane, you'd probably reconize by now, if you are still thinking of where he is from, that he only has a very light Thrane accent (and uses some Thrane expressions) as if he lived there for a good amount of time, but was not raised there, or if one of his parents were from there.

OOC: Did someone bag the rodent?

18. - Top - End - #138

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC: Don't think so. Somebody did drop a sack near it though.

Edit: Oh right, that was you who did that. :p
    Last edited by Theli; 2007-12-31 at 09:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Father Porter

"Well, I too, saw the darkness and mist. I could see nothing beyond. As for being bit, I seem to have been the only one not bitten by said rodents. Odd. As for the ghost stories, I put little stock in them. There are instances where there were myths in history that had at least some aspect of truth in them, not that I can recall them, but I'm not sure how applicable that is."

I walk away from the window.

"At this juncture, I think that we should stay together, or at least use the buddy system. You all know the saying, "The last words of a dying adventuring group is 'Let's split up to cover more ground!'" I really don't want to be an example of how true that saying is. That said, I think we should find something, like a cage, that we can see into, but is secure enough to hold the weasle thing, and put it in there. Otherwise, we are in for a long...whatevertimeitis, looking for the thing. Is anybody willing to come with me to get it? I seem to be the only one in good enough shape to attempt to fight it if needed."

I begin looking myself over, in an attempt to see if there are any marks on my body that I did not previously see. I borrow a hand mirror, or use a full length mirror to see those hard to reach areas while waiting for a response to a 'buddy request' from the group.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

20. - Top - End - #140

WolfInSheepsClothing

DungeonMaster77:
    Spoiler
    Show

There doesn't seem to be a single scratch on you that wasn't already there before you went to sleep last night.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd
    Spoiler
    Show

The dwarf had remained silent while the others dithered and debated what to do. He couldn't seem to sit still, though, constantly fidgeting with something or another. Finally, an opportunity arose for movement. "I'll go with ya, Padre. Just gimme a moment to get my armor an' gear, 'kay? Thanks ta your healin', I'm near a hunnerd percent."
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-12-31 at 10:52 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC: If it's fine by you guys, I'm gonna assume that padre has no objections.

Syd and the priest retreat back up the stairs so that the dragonmark house scion can get his gear. They have no trouble reaching his room, although as they pass the feral man's room they still see a weasel lying there on the floor with a sack beside it. The dwarf's room itself is as he left it.
    Last edited by Theli; 2007-12-31 at 11:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd
    Spoiler
    Show

Once properly accoutred, Syd nods to the priest. "I'm ready. Lesget somethin' done, eh?" Using his bow to scoot the weasel into the sack, Syd ties it shut, hangs it from his belt and then trots ahead of the priest back to rejoin the others, an arrow knocked once more on his shortbow and ready to let fly at the drop of a hat.

Spoiler
    Show
    EDITED!
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-12-31 at 11:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

Curious about the inn, Carmot tries to think of what rooms in the building they haven't checked yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Richard:

He stared at the evil crooked demon weasel as he grabbed his gear. What he really wanted to do was just slice that thing open, particularly since Father Porter had said that he had not been bitten. What use could that thing be to them now? Why hadn't Father Porter been bitten anyway? He sighed, but stopped and stared at the thing.

His studies on religion didn't seem to mention this to him. Still he stared at the thing, hoping that maybe, maybe something about it would jostle forth. Was there some twisted god that had rats for eyes or ears or whatever? He sighed.

He passed Father Porter and Syd the dwarf as he went down the stares, leaving the empty sack where it was. He nodded to him and went to the fireplace dumping his stuff well out of the way.

He mumbled "ferrets." The warforged had left when he went to get his stuff. He tostled through his bag and grabbed his flint and steel.

Knowledge religion: (1d20+2)[5](7)

26. - Top - End - #146

WolfInSheepsClothing

You will recall that you've only checked the 2nd floor wings. Both 1st floor wings, the kitchen, the underground storage area (Wherever it is. The food had to come from somewhere.), the indoor outhouse, the outdoor outhouse, and the outside area are all unexplored. Along with any other buildings that may or may not be around.

After the feral man leaves, the dwarf brings the weasel, contained by a sack, down the stairs.

Richard:
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, a weasel is nothing but an animal. So it could conceivably fall under the auspices of a god or goddess of nature, or maybe nature as a spirit itself.

That still wouldn't explain why they're shadowy or why their attacks seem to be so draining.

27. - Top - End - #147

You find that ferret?

He spoke, without looking up as he sat and began looking through his equipment, making sure he had everything and making sure it was in working order.

Hmmm....weasels...ferrets....Where are we? He thought about out loud. All of this to kill time, he needed to rest to get better from the wounds those things caused, but he was restless...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Richard:

He grabbed the flint and the steel out of his bag, and startled upon his flask of holy water. He took that out as well and set it beside his bag. He lowered his shield to the ground, and he went behind the barstool to see if he could find some dry rags to start the fire."I guess we should start a fire," Richard said to the elf in response.

As he rumaged through the area looking for stuff that he could easily burn his mind went over the various possibilities. He wasn't a briliant person, far from it, but he had common sense on his shoulders and since the book-smart-y people had failed to come up with anything concrete he might as well let his mind ramble and see if it stumbled on something.

Weasels, ferrets, small animals ... evil small animals. He knew that they were evil, though tracely so, but still evil. Evil weasels. He sighed as he rumaged on. Well it's evil and it's a rat-thing. Just because he lived with nature didn't mean he really understood it. He really wanted to think of some sort of religion that was evil that worshipped rodents, but that didn't really strike up with anything.

"Can you," he yelled to the elf over the bar,"think of a weasel cult?" He sighed, knowing that this entire thing was very stupid.

His 'mother' would know this for sure. She knew weasels. She knew all of the little foresty creatures. Why hadn't he paid attention to her? To be fair his mind wasn't really into that stuff, which he cursed now because it might be relevent. He knew he would have made a horrible druid. She said he'd have made a horrible druid. What they needed was a druid.

He sighed and then stood up very straight as if he stumbled on to something.

Druid, druid, druid, druid ... He knew that there were many different druid-based religions, well not so much religions as much as a sect. Maybe he was thinking of this the wrong way. He was thinking in terms of those weird cults, the dark six, the whispers of what was below, not of something a bit closer to home.

He stopped moving. and stood, closed his eyes and tried to think.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok I know that I already tried a religion check, but last time it was more about a general evil religion and not about a druidic tradition. I'd think he'd know the various druid traditions fairly well considering that he is from the Reaches and that is the center of druidism on the central continent. I also think, that since he was born in the Reaches, that he'd at least know that a wee bit about druids -- particularly since he was raised by them. Sooo I don't think I went out of bounds on this thought process based on the information given to him, his personal history, and keeping in mind his natural inteligence and his common sense (wisdom).

Soo knowledge (religion) -- Druidism: (1d20+2)[2](4)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    : Curses you lousy dice. I add action points. Even if I was sooo completly off based, I will not loose to you that easily. Muhahahahaha
    (1d6)[2](2)

30. - Top - End - #150

Father Porter

I look around something that looks like it can contain the thing with another ability of us being able to see it. I want to try and contain it so that it may be studied. If I cannot find anything, I'll let the group know of my intentions.

"Well, assuming that I can find something to contain this...thing, I'd like to study it once it wakes up. See hhow it reacts to undead turning attempts, healing magic, etc... The more one knows about their foes, the better, the sacred Silver Flame always says. If I cannot contain it to study it, I will try the aformentioned actions out on it while it is unconscience. Assuming those fail, we kill it. Lastly, I don't remember getting an answer to a question I asked previously: Have we actually checked these things and made sure that they are, in fact, evil?"

I continue my search for said container.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL