New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

Carmot

The warforged exits the mist after exploring it and then asks everyone else to exit it as well.

"Okay... this is very much outside my knowledge. Its like... like a big Handy Haversack turned into a barrier." He says, probably not making sense but its the best he can do.

"I suggest we avoid making any more excursions into this mist. Let us head the other way and see about getting out of here and back to another town."

He walks around to the front of the inn, avoiding the mist, then finds the road to the inn and looks along it, seeing if it leads away from the mist. He also looks around as far as he can just to make certain that they are not all boxed in on all sides by the mist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

{OOC: Technically you WERE already at the front of the Inn. Padre circled around and was the first to attach a rope and make an excursion. Then Syd followed and I assumed that the rest of you did as well.}

As you explore the area around the Inn you see that the mist hugs it in most places within 5-15 ft of its walls... The only exception is the moderately sized garden found behind the structure.
    Last edited by Theli; 2008-01-11 at 09:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243

Gah! You've got to be kidding me! No matter what we try, we can't make any headway! This mist probably isn't even real! Maybe we're all just imagining things.......or else I've gone crazy....

He sat down angrily and began to rock back and forth on his legs.

Even if I'm NOT crazy, this is going to drive me there! There has to be some other way to get out of here! Maybe if we....dig out, or...go over the mist, maybe this is all just a magic-area and the exit was in the Inn the entire time!

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

"Perhaps this area has been ... actually I should probably stop making uninformed theories. Lets check out the garden, I believe it is the last place not walled off by the strange mist... aside from the Inns roof."

He heads toward the garden, loaded crossbow at the ready as he looks around. He also turns around to see if there is anything on the roof of the inn.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nothing special resides on the rooftop. The mist clings there almost as closely as elsewhere.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

What about the garden?
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247

WolfInSheepsClothing

Besides the circle of trees and the rock you crawled out of, there's a small field of very varied plant-life. It seems to be designed as much much for show as anything else. The mist seems to form a rough semi-circle around it.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

"Okay... what do we know:

1. We are the only living things here aside from this one weasel creature.

2. The weasel creature was one of a group that seemed to attack us when this all began.

3. The inn is surrounded on all sides by an impenetrable wall of mist that... well it seems to bend space or whatever so that we simply can't get through it.

4. This mist surrounds the building and this little section of the garden which also contains the secret passageway we just exited the building from.
    "

Thinking these things over he then says:

"Now... for my next wild theory I would say that this mist is designed to prevent us from escaping. Someone or some thing put this barrier of mist around the building and the secret passageway ... and the open sky... and possibly under the ground somehow since the weird glowing effect occurs in the passageway as well."

"If I were to venture how... well either someone created a very powerful spell effect around the building that blocks out all contact... or this whole building was ripped from the material plane and placed in some kind of extradimensional space or something... like a demiplane. I sure hope that isn't the case." Carmot gets the distinct feeling he's been reading too many pulp Magic-Fiction novels.

"As for the creators of this effect... its either these weasel things or some intelligent life that raises them. To make another wild guess I would say that these weasel things feed off of whoever is trapped inside this mist bubble thing and then somehow escape when they are done feeding. I've never heard of anything like this happening before... though."

"As for how do we escape... I suppose as a very wild guess we could try killing this weasel thing and see if that ends the effect or we could release it and see if it escapes into the mist. If it leaves it might end the effect and let us go." He seems wary to try these options since that could prevent them from using the creature for some other purpose, that and he doesn't want to risk the thing biting him or summoning more weasels to bite him.

"I don't know if this thing is intelligent... anyone have a spell that lets them comprehend languages? Maybe its squeaks and chattering is some sort of odd method of communication?"

"But... I suppose we should recheck the place before we release the creature. Since this building and garden are of finite area, I can do a complete search of it to see anything we might have missed. Might take a while.... like hours or days. Maybe someone can see what happens if they enter the mist while carrying the weasel thing in the cage? Hopefully it won't escape."

Carmot proceeds to check the whole area with a fine toothed comb (its in his artisans kit ) He takes 20 as he searches the entire garden and inn from top to bottom (with a +6 on his skill). It could take a while but he's a warforged, he continues to search the area unless something like combat happens, if he finds anything unusual he alerts the others to it and then continues searching.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249

Father Porter

The prospect of killing his new "pet" doesn't have Padre jumping for joy. He really wanted to study it. But, since it was evil and all, it is the only thing they haven't tried. Oh, well. Maybe in another life.

"Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I think the warforged is right. We have to kill it. It's not undead. My turn attempt had no effect on it. Uh...does anybody have anything long, slender, and pointy on one end? I'll stab it to death. I should be the one to do it.

Assuming that either someone gives him an object, or he can find a stick and sharpen it with a knife, he begins stabbing the thing to death between the gratings, more than a little sad. He tries to make it quick and painless as possible.

"Well, that messy buisness is done." He says wiping off his sweaty hands. He looks around waiting for something to happen.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

10. - Top - End - #250

WolfInSheepsClothing

Carmot:
    Spoiler
    Show

You begin your search of the garden and it seems that much of it is normal. You are no botanist, so you can't really tell for sure. However, you do come upon a strange flower... It is some kind of blue rose...and it has no thorns.

Certainly, there are many strange plants in the world. And you're sure that you've seen at least one blue rose in your many years of service. But a rose, of any color, with no thorns just seems like some kind of oddity. You were about to mention it to the rest before...

"Well, that messy business is done."

As soon as the little beast's screams die out, the mist rushes in to collapse upon everyone present...

For a short period, there is nothing. No sound, no light, no feeling.

Then...

Everyone, but Carmot and Padre:
    Spoiler
    Show

You come to...

A little sweaty, but refreshed. You seem to be lying in your bed. The sun glares through the very fine cracks in the wooden walls, granting some minor light to your room.

OOC:
    You regain all your CON and HP damage.

Padre:
    Spoiler
    Show

You come to...

A little sweaty, but refreshed. You seem to be lying in your bed. The sun glares through the very fine cracks in the wooden walls, granting some minor light to your room.

OOC:

You'll find that you still don't have access to the spells you've used in your apparent dream. However, it is technically morning again. So your faith pushes you to commit to your morning prayer. When you do so, you'll find your divine spells replenished.

Carmot:
    Spoiler
    Show

You come to...

You are standing back in your room, where you were working last night. Your lantern has long since expired. However, some sunlight streams through the very fine cracks in the wooden walls, granting some minor light to your room.

OOC:

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

The warforged blinks, finding himself back in his room.

"So... it was all just a dream."

The magically animated construct of wood and metal stops at this. The glowing gems that serve as his eyes flicker a little as if he was blinking.

"Wait a second... I don't dream!"

He quietly packs up his things and then does a quick diagnostics check on himself to make certain that he is in good condition.

Once he is done he opens the door of his room and walks into the hallway to see how things are in the inn.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Richard:

Richard was asleep in his bed, sweaty and shaken. What an awful, awful dream, but in truth he didn't really think much of it. Dreams were weird and there was nothing to be said about it really, and because Richard had no other explination for the experience - it must have been a dream, a weird dream, but a dream, and so life-like too. He shuddered.

Richard got down onto the floor, got onto his knees, and offered his thanks to the flame quickly but with devotion and passion. It was morning and time to do the work of helping others in their destruction of evil. Thankfully there would be no evil rodents to destroy. He chuckled to himself, albit nervously.

"Weasels"

He placed on his clothing and his armor, strapped on his belt and sheith and walked out the door with his pack on. He walks into the hallway and stops when he saw the warforged.

"Carmot?!" He says somewhat loudly. His face was quite gray, "But you were a dream!"

13. - Top - End - #253

He woke up startled. He rolled over and fell out of his bed, more then a little bit shaken, and began to cough for several minutes.

Well...that was odd...I...I don't usually have dreams..especially not ones that....bizarre! He said, still on the floor.

He stood up, slowly looking himself over, seeing that there was not a mark on him, he raised his head, now very confused, and walked over to his gear.

Well...I guess it really must have been a dream, no damage, nothing to say it was anything but.....

With those words still on his tongue, he grabbed his things and prepared for the day, cursing slightly under his breath, and thanking all of his ancestors that it was just a dream. All of them, not just the recent ones...

Heh....weasels, stupid...stupid weasels....

And with that he opened his door and walked into the hallway, almost expecting there to be not a soul in sight...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

"A dream? I'm afraid I don't remember being in a dream before."

"Though I do remember something about us spending last night getting attacked by small black rodent creatures in this inn while a strange impenetrable mist surrounded everything and prevented our escape. We also spent the night in the cellar where the a weird glow surrounded everything."

He thinks for a second. "Oh, and I must say I found a very interesting flower outside in the garden. Its like a rose but blue... and no thorns."

He thinks again. "Though... I wonder... does Father Porter have that cage I made up?"
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Richard:

Richard really didn't hear anything. The warforged's mouth was moving, but all he heard was some sort of mumbling. Richard's eyes went cross-eyed, he swayed from each side to side, side to side, and had a distinctly green look to his face. He collapsed to the floor, blacking out, but the shock of falling down must have awoke him.

"Gah!" He sat up imedietly and began to get himself up.

16. - Top - End - #256

WolfInSheepsClothing

The hallway seems relatively peaceful. If you exit to the central room, you'll see that it is business as usual in the First Inn. Breakfast is being served for those willing to pay for it.
    Last edited by Theli; 2008-01-13 at 04:49 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257

Father Porter

Upon waking, feeling odd at that strange, yet realistic dream, especially with having used spells in his dream, he goes about his morning prayers, and puts on his gear. Surely there was an explanation for this. Maybe he saw those folks in the common room the night before. Maybe the names his mind assigned to those folks were names he had heard. Who knows. Either way, that was odd.

I head downstairs after washing up and getting my things on and ready. Upon seeing Richard, Carmot, Syd, and Aelodin talking in the hall, I say:

"Ahh...well met, strangers. We must have met in the dining hall last evening. You wouldn't believe the odd dream I had with you all in it! The mind is an odd thing, it is. For the life of me, I'll never look at a weasle the same way again...oh, yeah, you weren't there. That was in my dream. Well, my the shadowy weasle overlords in my dream forgive me for killing one of their humble servants."

I wait to see if they give me looks of recognition or looks like they think I'm completely out of my mind.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Richard

He got himself up now. The idea that that horrible experience was not a dream began to settle in and he was returning to his usual self. He felt like he had a good sleep even if that shared nightmare-esque experience was over. Then Father Porter came down and asked them a rather weird statement and Richard didn't particularly get the meta-question attached to the statement.

"Father Porter that wasn't a dream." He said in a low voice, sincere. He had never actually freaked out in the dream experience, but the fact that it was not a dream was really bothersome to him.

19. - Top - End - #259

Father Porter

"Hmm...I was wondering that. I was just wanting to be sure that I was not crazy, and to do so, someone would have had to catch my weasle refrence."

I go downstairs with my new friends and get some breakfast.

OOC: Richard, not sure which meta-question you are referring to. If you are referring to the shadowy weasle overlord statement, I did say almost that exact thing when we were trying to 'rest/sleep' and the thing woke up:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "All right, 'Oh Shadow Weasle Overlord,' you shall be fed, for no other reason than for study, and now, I shall leave you in silence."

I put some leftover trail rations inside the 'cage' (meaning, I drop it through the top grate), and use the extra blankets and pillows to muffle his shrill cries.
    I summarily go back to bed.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-14 at 08:27 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Sydian d'Kundarak

With an irritated scowl on his face, the dwarf speaks for the first time since rejoining the others. "Bah! I've no experience with such things! Was it a warning from some power to be wary of blood-sucking mustelidae? There must've been some purpose behind it! I really am goin' to have to get in touch with Da for some trainin' on tha magical side o' things," Syd adds in a manner that's difficult to read.

Fully armed and armored, he seems ready -- and possibly eager -- to face something tangible. "Let's get some grub. I'm starvin'!"
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-01-15 at 12:45 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

21. - Top - End - #261

As he walked out into the hall, he was in an odd mood already, this was in no way aided when he saw his dreams standing in the hallway...

N..No! You're not real! None of you are real! Lalaa! This is all fake, you're all just part of my imagination! I know you're not real, so it doesn't matter what I do! And with that, he walked into the common area to fetch some food. He was absolutely starving..

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

Hearing the reactions of the others, and seeing them all head out to eat, the warforged thinks and then walks out to the garden.

His knowledge of dreams was very limited, having never done so himself. But he remembered his mentor once telling him about it.

"People dream when they sleep, many consider it a way in which the mind deals with things in the subconsious or it relives things seen during the day. But when a person dreams they usually can't dream about things they haven't seen before. If they do then its usually some kind of divination... or just imagination."

Carmot heads toward the spot where he saw the blue rose, figuring that since he hadn't seen it before he entered the tavern, that if he saw it in his 'dream' and it exists out here then it would help see how real the dream was.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263

WolfInSheepsClothing

Carmot:
    Spoiler
    Show

There are plenty of roses, but none of them blue. None of the flora immediately stands out.

OOC: You can attempt a search check, if you wish.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

Carmot searches the garden for any blue flowers and checks the roses to see if they have thorns.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just going to take 20 on my check again. Starting in the same spot in the garden that he did in the 'dream' for a 26.

Oh, and he's careful not to damage anything while he is searching.
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-01-14 at 11:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265

WolfInSheepsClothing

Carmot:
    Spoiler
    Show

After a little over 20 minutes, you finally come across something that looks like a white rose with no thorns. It's form and orientation seem familiar now that you're looking right at it.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Richard

Richard sighed. He too was hungry and he wanted to keep an eye out on the elf and dwarf. He mumbled the word "mustelidae?" over and over again as if to try and figureout what it was by dissecting each sylable.

OOC: Richard is a simpleton really. His language may be sometimes normal-esque, but that is from being around so many learned men. Richard wasn't really getting the fact that you were making a statement as if to test them, he just thought that you thought it was a dream.

27. - Top - End - #267

Father Porter

After watching most of his new friends start to act a little crazy, he shrugs, and walks down to the barkeep, after suddenly remembering something.

"Barkeep! Yes, I'd like eggs, toast, some mutton, fried tubers, and a tall jug of milk."

I eat my meal in haste, wondering what the group thinks about this 'dream' we all had.

"So, now I am fed, and can think more clearly. What in the Silver Flame's greatness happened last night? How can we share a dream? I don't know about you all, but I'd like to consult a sage or something about all of this."
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-15 at 11:33 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

28. - Top - End - #268

WolfInSheepsClothing

Padre:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC:
    You may want to retcon that. If you remember the elf, then you would probably recognize that he was in the "dream" with you last night. He said his name was Aelodin. (Suzoro's character)

29. - Top - End - #269

OOC: Post fixed. Didn't know that was Aelodin.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Sydian d'Kundarak
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 8/8; AC: 14 (ff 12, t 12)

Syd follows the priest to the bar. "I'll have what he's havin', plus an ale," he adds. The dwarf marvels at the priest's inhaling of his meal. "Might wanna slow down there, Padre," he offers with a smile and a chuckle.

"As far as sages go, how many d'ya think're sittin' 'round here waitin' on us to inquire about demon-weasels and existential mists? I'd like to get to the bottom of it as well, though. I agree there must have been a reason we were chosen and no others, though the reasoning escapes me at the moment." The dwarf seems more relaxed and thoughtful, though he attacks his breakfast with relish. Cucumber relish.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.