New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Dragon Ball Movie

Apparently there is going to be a live action DB movie, here are some links: http://www.dragonballmovieblog.com/ and http://imdb.com/title/tt1098327/

Discuss.
    We thinkers may appear distant. Though, if you look closely, then you will find we are thoughtful.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball Movie

Probably fake

Edit: To be clear I have seen several things like this, and many of them looked ten times more official, always fake. Nothing as of yet makes me believe this is real.
    Last edited by Setra; 2007-12-18 at 01:11 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

It couldn't be fake, the IMDB has a lot of creibility...
    Neutral Evil Sorcerer 2nd level

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 15
    Dexterity- 17
    Constitution- 16
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 13

What character of D&D are you?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by mause View Post
    It couldn't be fake, the IMDB has a lot of creibility...
    FAQ for Dragonball...
    The content of this page was created directly by users and has not been screened or verified by IMDb staff.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on this earlier - it had been confirmed that Spike was playing Piccolo, and the teen from War of the Worlds was playing Goku.

EDIT: Here we are:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-2008-release
    http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/11/...-spike-st.html
    http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/835/835143p1.html
    Last edited by Revlid; 2007-12-18 at 05:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Setra View Post
    Probably fake

Edit: To be clear I have seen several things like this, and many of them looked ten times more official, always fake. Nothing as of yet makes me believe this is real.
    On this subject or just fake movies in general?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...8afe2ed1581d89

If it's fake, then it must be a rather far-reaching conspiracy.

7. - Top - End - #7

Devil

Oh cool...if it is real, looks they did get the action guy from the Matrix...If the DBZ fight scenes are as impressive as the last battle between Smith and Neo it should be really cool...their technology should have improved even more so hopefully it will look even more real when they go nuts.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's not fake. James Marsters (AKA Spike from Buffy, as previously stated) is in fact playing Piccolo, and The one & only Stephen Chow is producing it. For those of you who don't know who Mr. Chow is, check out Kung Fu Hustle & Shaolin Soccer. Two of the best, and funniest, martial arts movies ever. Chow has the perfect sense of humour, and love of martial arts, to really make this movie something great. And the reason they got Yuen Wo Ping (the choreographer of the Matrix movies & Kill Bill) is because he's a close friend with Stephen Chow, and did the choreography for both the above-mentioned Stephen Chow movies, if memory serves.

So, yes, it's real & it is looking to shape into something good, because let's face it, with the wrong people, this movie could go horribly, horribly wrong. But, as long as it remains in Chow's extremely apt hands, I can say with a great deal of confidence, this movie will rock.

All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, put the pieces back together my way - Aesop Rock "Daylight"

My PAD Herder (it's mostly up-to-date... mostly)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as it's DragonBall, and not DragonBall Z, I think this stands a chance of actually being pretty good. The last two tournaments that ended the "DragonBall" segment of the Manga were actually really interesting stories. Then the fast forward followed by the Saiya-jins showing up just started the ridiculous power spike.

It was so much better when flying was considered incredible, and Goku had to bounce himself off the ground with his Kamehameha so Tien would touch down first and be disqualified.

10. - Top - End - #10

Stephen Chow = Win

Yeah, I agree with NerfTW. A DragonBall movie has more chances of being good than a DragonBall Z movie. The only thing that could be annoying for more "hardcore" fans is that it seems Goku is some sort of highschool student, at least I think I've read that somwhere

Anyho, DragonBall kicked ass, I hope they make a good movie. And by the way, DAMN that dude that is going to play Piccolo is weird, I mean, look at his jaw.
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, for a second lets imagine its not fake. Would anyone actually watch a live action DB movie? Could they re-create the Goku that we know and love? Would he be able to explode planets with a flick of the wrist, like he could in the manga?

-- This may be because I've had badddd expriences with Live-action Anime Movies .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    Could they re-create the Goku that we know and love? Would he be able to explode planets with a flick of the wrist, like he could in the manga?
    I know you know, but on DragonBall Goku is not able to explode planets .

I'm not a hardcore DragonBall fan, but I would like to watch this movie as much as I liked to watch LOTR, and I am a hardcore Tolkien fan (yes, the bearded fatso director screwd up many times, but the movies were nice)
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Haven't had any Coffee yet, and thought it was DBZ. And the "blow up planet i.e. Namek thing was a metaphor .

Stop me if I Don't make any sense .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"