New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Badger IC

The gnome makes some grumbling noises, and makes a half-hearted swat at his face, then goes back to snoring again, blowing small bubbles of drool in his beard. He does not seem to be taking an ordinary nap.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Victor

"That's interesting. I've never seen anyone in so deep a slumber before. I wonder if magic has something to do with it..." He pauses thoughtfully for a second, then continues. "What should we do with him? I am loath to leave him here. He may have seen the men who broke in. Maybe we should bring him back to the guild until he comes to?"

3. - Top - End - #183

Default Wait, he's...

Zan looked at the sleeping gnome, somwhat troubled.

"Wait one second... he isn't just napping. It's quite possible that he's either really, really drunk or that this is some sort of spell... we should probably try to take him somewhere safe.... who knows what info he could give us." Zan made sure the gnome was devoid of weapons, not knowing if anybody else checked...

Spoiler
    Show

Zan searches for weapons, or anything else that the gnome might have that poses a threat to the party.
    (1d20)[9]
    There should also be a +2 on that....
    Last edited by MK Kilmarnock; 2008-01-20 at 11:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184

Zan finds nothing dangerous except for a small light mace clipped to the sleeping gnome's belt.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

"I think you're right, Zan. We should wake this man up and see what he has to tell us, but where do you propose that we should take him? And how do you think we should get him there?" Then noticing Kyte coming back out of the pillar with bundles of weapons, he says "and what are we going to do with all of that? I'll be outside making sure that everything is cleaned up."

Dravick goes outside seeing the blood still on the doorstep, he casts prestidigitation to clean up the mess.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

6. - Top - End - #186

Default What do we have here?

Zan unclipped the mace from the gnome and placed it within the large interior pouch of his robe. "Taking him someplace, well... any place but here. If there's somebody strong enough to carry him, that'd be nice. He'll wake up eventually, and when he does, we need him nearby." In case nobody else takes up the offer of carrying the gnome, Zan decides that he should have enough strength in him to do it.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surian steps up and places the gnome over his shoulder with a smile.

There we go. Surian Oron at your service. Where shall I place this "slumbering" gnome?
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

8. - Top - End - #188

Victor

"Well, the only really safe place we have at our disposal is the guild, so I guess we should take him there."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte says nothing until he finishes examining the schronk. After finishing, he turns to the rest of the group.

"I can find nothing strange about this wardrobe." He announces dully. "As for these weapons, I will naturally take them back to the guild." And sell them. Lankin shouldn't mind. "It appears the weaver's guild is bringing in weapons disguised as bundles of wool. Since you suspect the weaver's guild of attacking you, these weapons make good evidence for that case, and we will hold them until the guild is proven innocent."

Spoiler
    Show
    Someone could point out that guilds have a right to defend themselves, hence the weapons - even if they were in disguise. Kyte will still decide to take them though.

Turning back to the schronk, Kyte continues.

"If you wish, I will open this wardrobe so that you may inspect its contents. However, your previous battle outside has possibly attracted attention, and we should make haste with whatever decision you make."

10. - Top - End - #190

Victor

"I don't think we have anything to fear from the church just yet, although we may if those men were honestly meeting with this gnome here. But I doubt very much we'll have any trouble, that man didn't get a chance to say much of anything before his innards were forcibly removed all over the flagstones." He briefly glances over at Dravick, and notes that the mess is finally clear. "Ah, yes, thank you Dravick."

11. - Top - End - #191

Default There? Really?

"Wha.... all the way back there? ... Uh.... We can't just bail out yet... and we'll have to carry him the entire time we're here. Maybe a shorter term place to set him and keep him safe?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Dravick smiles at Zan's idea. "I know of no such place, my friend. I fear that we shall have to bring him back to the guild house if his safety is our main concern. However, if our concern is more that we find out the information we need without him necessarily knowing our identities, then there are a number of shady bars that we could adjourn to. I'm not sure what to make of it all just yet. It's possible that there are members of the church of Garl Glittergold that are in cahoots with the weavers guild..." He trails off, and seems to be thinking for a minute. "I welcome any ideas."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte takes the flow of conversation as confirmation for his opening up of the wardrobe, and - pulling out his masterwork thief's tools - he sets to work on opening the lock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 20 on the open lock (+9) if I can, otherwise...
    Open Lock - (1d20+9)[19]

14. - Top - End - #194

Kyte takes a good while, but try as he might, he is unable to pick any of the three locks on the bronze schronk.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aulric

Aulric, after having sealed the hatch and re-set the canvas over the floor, makes his way into the Church of Garl Glittergold. Seeing that there is little he can help with, he keeps an eye on the entrance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+1)[12]
    Listen: (1d20+1)[3]
    "When two tigers fight, one will lose." -- Chinese proverb

Characters in Games:
    Gaimon Tarn, Human Dark Jedi | Second Golden Age of the Sith
    Brek Sorath, Dashade Soldier | Dawn of Defiance

16. - Top - End - #196

Victor

"I've no talent for interrogation, and I doubt it would be hard for him to connect us with the guild no matter where he wakes up, so we may as well head straight to the guild. We've got as good a chance as any to find out what he knows there, seems to me.

Kyte, if you can't get that open we'd best be going."
    On the chance that no one has any objections, Victor picks up some of the weapons and heads for the door. If there are any, I'll edit that last bit out.

17. - Top - End - #197

Spoiler
    Show
    Aulric sees/hears nothing suspicious.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    There's no other weapons besides the ones at Kyte's feet (i.e. the ones he had slewn over his back), and those are all bundled together.

Kyte narrows his eyes at the wardrobe before him as if to further discern what secrets it held just by looking at it. Despite his best efforts and skills, its doors remain locked. What hides behind these doors that I cannot open them? Kyte wonders to himself, then turns away from the schronk. Kyte pulls out his shortbow and sets it to the side. Then he picks up the host of small weapons at his feet and loads them onto his back, shouldering the slight strain of what is, for him, a medium-weight load.

Kyte picks up his bow and draws an arrow from its quiver on his back. He nocks the arrow, but does not draw the string. After finishing the careful placement and rising to his feet, Kyte looks around at the group.

"Let us be going then." He says bluntly, following Victor out the door.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-24 at 02:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Default He's a bit tart today.

Zan had to smile at Kyte's affirming, if dead tone.

"Welcome back. We've been saying that for the past few minutes. So I guess we go back." Indeed, he's ready to return to the guild, still carrying the gnome's mace.

I wish I could remember why I am doing this. Will this bring me any closer to them?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Seeing that everything seemed to be wrapped up, Dravick decides to take point again, and will lead the way back to the guildhall. "Okay guys, if we're all ready to go, I can lead us back."

Current Characters:

21. - Top - End - #201

The adventurers, having carefully removed evidence of their presence in the Docks, proceed back to the guildhall, carrying the weapons they have discovered - and a bound, sleeping gnome. Upon arrival they wake a sleepy Father Eldon, who determines that the gnome is in no danger, but believes he has consumed some sort of sleeping draught and should wake in a few hours. The adventurers take advantage of that time to catch some sleep themselves until sunrise. The next morning, they assemble in the Common Room with the three guild officers. Their captive is still asleep, though it appears to be more a natural sleep than the stupor he was in earlier, and Bil agrees to guard him upstairs until the team asks for him to be wakened.

Bruce
    "So, what did you discover last night? Any sign of the Weaver's Guild up to no good?

Lankin
    "Yes, and what were all those weapons you were carrying in last night?"

Ana places bowls of hot barley cereal and wooden spoons in front of each adventurer, along with a small jar of honey at each table.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-01-26 at 07:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Rogue-ish activities

Spoiler
    Show
    I just want to make clear that Kyte would have tried to sell off the weapons before going to bed - leave no loose ends, you know.

---The Night Before---
    Before leaving the church of Garl Glittergold, Kyte suddenly remembers the underground area. He drops the weapons and dashes down the ladder to grab the candle he had left on the floor - now substantially lower than it was when he left it - and returns it to its proper place in the church. He makes sure the door to the underground passage is also firmly shut (and looks for any telltales, and returns them to their places if there are).

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot telltales - (1d20+4)[12]

Kyte then gathers up his things and leaves with the rest of the group, following closely. If asked about his actions, he replies with something to the effect of not leaving any trace of the group's presence.

After returning to the Adventurer's Hall, Kyte meets with Lankin before taking his rest, bringing the cache of small weapons he found in the underground passage for sale to the merchant.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Small Item | Quantity | Value | Price* | Total (supposedly)
    Javelin | 48 | 1 gp | .5 gp | 24 gp
    Morningstar | 24 | 8 gp | 4 gp | 96 gp + 24 = 120 gp[/table]
    *Supposedly Adventurers can only sell goods for half the price they are worth, hence this. Maybe Lankin will buy them for full price though ^_^ (j/k - in my dreams...)
    Take 10 on the appraise (+2) check, since these are common items, that means Kyte automatically makes the DC 12.
    Diplomacy - (1d20-2)[16] - Maybe Lankin will buy them for full price?

---The Next Morning---
    Kyte takes quickly and easily to the food awaiting him, preferring to allow Dravick or one of the others to do the talking, as they know more than he does about the situation. He listens in, though, in order to catch anything he doesn't already know.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-26 at 06:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Before the adventurers can answer, there is a knock at the door. Father Eldon answers it and speaks with the person for a moment. Eldon then carries a folded and sealed paper into the room to Aulric, who opens it and reads for a moment. Aulric then stands, and his usual formal manner of speech, announces his sad news.

Aulric
    "My friends, I'm afraid I must be leaving you rather urgently, even in this turbulent time. I have been called upon to replace another cleric of my faith who has tragically been killed, and I must lead his now-shepherdless flock. Guildmaster Bruce, I will send you my new address as soon as I can, and all of you can count on me for any help I can give you without deserting my new post. Here is my guild pin and adventuring gold." He gives them to Lankin.

Bruce (standing up, speaking solemnly)
    "We can not ask you to desert your church Aulric. But please send word when you may, and know that you are always welcome for a few free ales in this guildhall."

Aulric nods, shakes everyone's hand in turn, then hurriedly gathers all his possessions and leaves with the messenger. Everyone returns to their seats. Bruce shakes his head.

"These are dark times indeed, for a good pastor to be killed suddenly. I fear that something sinister is brewing and about to boil over on our unsuspecting land. All the more reason for us to keep our eyes and ears open. Now then, let us discuss last night."

The adventurers tell him of all that transpired, and how they found the weapons wrapped in bales of wool in the secret tunnel.

"That is strange indeed - the very church Elga attends, and you as well, Lankin! What do you think it means?"

Lankin
    "Ah... I have no idea about armed men and secret tunnels, but I believe I may be able to shed some small light here. I have not yet seen the gentleman you brought in last night, but from your description he sounds like Rufus, who guards the church at night. I believe that is his mace you have there. He likes a drink now and then, but I don't know why he was in such a deep stupor. At any rate, we'll have to explain his being brought here somehow - he'll be quite distressed when he wakes in a strange building, most likely with Bil pointing a crossbow at him, while the church goes unguarded! Though I can't imagine anyone being able to steal the sacred implements since we got that huge bronze reliquary - it's practically theft-proof - the cleric will still be distressed if he arrives at the church later this morning, as he usually does, and Rufus is not there protecting the church from vandals."
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-01-26 at 05:34 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204

Victor

"Very well, Aulric. I am saddened by this death, and understand your needs. I wish you a far better fate than your predecessor." Then Victor turns to the others, and considers their words. "Well, with armed men creeping about, it did not seem like the best idea to leave him there. Besides, he may have seen something. It does seem strange that the Weavers' Guild would be stockpiling weapons, especially of such small size. Do the have an unusual number of small people, as well?" Victor waits for the sleeping gnome to wake.

25. - Top - End - #205

Eldon
    Hm... the Weaver's Guild does have a sizable number of halflings, but they are mostly older women whom I can't picture wielding a weapon. Most of the younger members are humans. The followers of Garl Glittergold, on the other hand, are mostly gnomes, so the weapons would be the right size for them."

26. - Top - End - #206

Victor

"well then, we are most likely either mistaken in suspecting the weaver's guild, or mistaken in trusting the Garl's congregation, and neither one's a good thing. Hopefully this gnome will be able to put our fears to rest, though."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Upon hearing the news of Aulric's departure, Dravick is saddened. "Godspeed, my friend, and good luck to you in your new post. Keep a wayward eye over your shoulder so that you do not meet a similar fate, and please remember that we are here for you should you need anything at all."

Current Characters:

28. - Top - End - #208

Default He's... going?

Zan had woken up with the rest of them, and was sipping from a freshly filled flask to help buzz him a little to wake him up. It was only until the news of Aulric's departure that he tilted his head up to look at the dwarf.

"I had always wanted to get to know him... maybe he had known Thaghor.. I guess I'll never find out, now." Zan looked out to the rest of the hall.

"When are we waking the gnome up?"

29. - Top - End - #209

Eldon
    We should wake him up soon, but whoever wakes him better have a plan for what to tell him when he opens his eyes in the Adventurer's Guild. Any volunteers?

30. - Top - End - #210

Default What to tell him?

The quiet human cleric was a bit of a thinker, whether he was right or wrong was an accepted consequence, but it was nice to throw things out regardless.

"We can't or should not delude the gnome into thinking that he's here for some sort of party... perhaps its best to be straightforwards and say 'You are here at this guild.' We wouldn't mean harm to him or anything, but we'll make it clear we want information."