New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Badger IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Did you know that Sense Motive takes a full minute to do when not being bluffed? That means that, although Inagu talks a lot now, when he first came in and after being introduced to the group, he proceeded to stand still for a full minute while looking around the room, trying to get a feel for the atmosphere. In other words, it makes him a very perceptive character... And Kyte's mortal enemy
    Also, 3 different people asked Kyte what he did with the weapons, making a sort of time lapse where Kyte appears to go outside of time until after everyone else is done speaking, rather than actually exist That's what happens when you don't wait on characters to answer... So I'm going to fix that and hope that Thymin and Zurpl edit their posts.

"I left them upstairs." Kyte answers shortly when Zan asks him. He then falls silent as Inagu goes on about what he sees as trivial things.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Hmph. I asked you a question.

Zan closed his eyes, listening to Dravick. However, he turned back to Kyte.

"I asked you a second question. I asked about what you like to read."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surian comes out of a deep trance, nearly falling backwards out of his chair. The fast-paced goings on seem to have overwhelmed him slightly, but his eyes re-focus and he turns his head sharply towards the newcomer. He stands, and extends his hand warmly to the monk.

So sorry for my rudeness friend. My name is Surian Oron, the pathfinder for this group. Although I am sad to see my friend Aulric leave before we could stand together against the perpetrators of the foul crime committed against us, I am glad that such a worthy man could replace him. I shall value your life as my own.

Surian sits back down and lays his head in his hands, reviewing all of the information he had taken in the previous night. He looks back up and speaks to the group at large,"The gnome sized weapons indicate the church's involvment, but since Lankin vouches for its innocence, I choose to believe it. Nonetheless, I feel that another visit to the church of Garl Glittergold might help clear a few matters up. That is simply my opinion on the matter.
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte shrugs in answer to Zan's question, and - hands crossed on his chest and leaning back against the counter from his standing position - refocuses on the conversation now taking place between Surian and Inagu.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-02-03 at 04:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245

Victor

Victor nods to the newcomer as he finishes his breakfast. "Name's Victor. I'm something of a horseman and an archer, and... that's it, really." He spends a moment considering the others' questions. "Well, other than the weapons and those men at the church we don't have much to go on, really, so the church seems as good a place as any to continue. I'd prefer we held onto the weapons until we're absolutely sure they were to be used for illegal purposes."

6. - Top - End - #246

Default What? Why, you...

Zan glared at Kyte for his insolence, before looking at Inagu again and managing to calm himself down. "I'm sorry.... if I failed to introduce myself before, my name is Zan Morseworth. As I've mentioned, I tend to read most of the time...." or drink... "I also agree with Victor about holding onto the weapons... but I really wish we didn't have to go back to the church."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Dravick thinks about it and realizes that they would have to go back to the church, but he doesn't expect to find out much else. But where else could they go? Walk right up to the weaver's guild and start making accusations? "I think we must return to the church to try to find out more about what's going on, I just hope that the trail hasn't gone cold. Maybe we should go in daylight this time and see if the sun doesn't give us a bit of a different perspective."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

8. - Top - End - #248

Default Oh, great...

Zan put a hand over his eyes.

"I guess we have no choice, then. As long as we can get through without killing anybody this time."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bruce is still thinking with his eyebrows knit, even as the adventurers seem to be arriving at a consensus...

Bruce
    "The Weavers' Guild would not be preparing for war themselves. But it does stand to reason that, the weapons being wrapped in their wool, that at least a part of the Weavers' Guild is involved in supplying weapons to somebody and that they don't want it to be public knowledge. Begging your pardon, Father Eldon, but I think it more likely that the weapons would be going to halflings than gnomes. Gnomes are a prosperous group in Bridgeport these days; if anyone is discontent it is more likely the halflings.

Eldon
    "I agree with you that the gnomes are an unlikely rebellion, Bruce - they seem to be steadily gaining political power without any need for violence - and there is actually a small halfling movement for the independence of West Bridgeport, but everything I have ever heard of them has been nonviolent. And I can't imagine what the Weavers' Guild would stand to benefit from a split of East and West - many halfling women cross the Bridge every day to work as Weavers in East Bridgeport workshops. Perhaps the weapons are some sort of "protection" payment to bandits or pirates who threaten their supply of raw materials... but anyway, I agree that observing the church is as good a way as any to collect information. Perhaps the adventurers could go with Lankin and Elga tomorrow to the religious service, to avoid attracting attention.

Bruce
    "Hmm, good idea. If that's alright with you, Lankin."

Lankin shrugs apathetically.
    Lankin
    "Whatever they want to do." He nods toward the adventurers.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inagu:

"Well then, it looks like we will leave in the morning. What should we do in the meanwhile between now and then, besides sleeping, of course, for those of us who do."

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it may be time for a "Early the next morning..." type of thing move along time between now and when we leave for the church in the morning (like Haley did), unless that's a DM decision.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Credit to Aghdar, Wayril, and Sneak
    Renegade Paladin is my hero: Best Town Characters EVER!!! Mine coming soon...

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surian Oron

Surian seems surprised at the news of a possible halfling rebellion. He seems troubled at the thought of waiting until the morning, but he cannot hide the yawn that escapes his mouth.

Aye, sleeping sounds like a good idea to me. First thing in the morning, though, we must make haste and investigate further. Perhaps after visiting the church we could travel to West Bridgeport and see if we could get any information on this halfling independence movement?

12. - Top - End - #252

Default Why are they?

So the haflings are upset over something?

Zan walked upstairs to the second floor of the guild, where he sat in the hallway.... he found he could do some decent thinking there.

That church that we visited is that of the gnome god.... oh Boccob, I wish you would meddle in more affairs. Sure, staying out of the way of things is the best way to go, I admit, but this could aid me in my cause as well, so please, help me.... what does the church of Garl Glittergold have to do with a possible hafling uprising? Those people down there are smart.. if they say that the halflings are more likely to rebel, then I trust that notion. So... what's going on?
    Last edited by MK Kilmarnock; 2008-02-04 at 08:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

"Maybe we could go out to West Bridgeport and see what we can find out about the halfling independence movement before we head off to bed. Then tomorrow we could go down to the church and see what turns up there. We should also see what we can find out from the other teams, maybe they are finding out similar things in their adventures." He smiles at the group hoping that they will support his decision, or at least come up with something better.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:

14. - Top - End - #254

Victor

"Aye, that'd seem to be a good idea. I wouldn't know where to start looking, though. Lead on, I guess."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte nods his head in agreement.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inagu:

"Well then, I guess we should go ahead and leave now if everyone's ready. No. Wait. Where's Zan?"
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

Default What is wrong with my head?

Zan was holding his head in the upper hallway.

"Augh... none of this makes any sense! I'm supposed to be able to figure this out but I can't!!!"

Dad would probably be able to... Thaghor told me he was good at this sort of thing, being as brilliant a wizard as he was. And mother's intuition would've been able to figure it out as well. So why can't I!?

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"He went to get some rest." Kyte answers.

19. - Top - End - #259

Zan feels a hand lightly placed on his shoulder and looks up to see the kind face of Father Eldon.

Eldon
    "What's wrong, Zan? You seem distressed. I'm sorry if I have disturbed your prayers."

20. - Top - End - #260

Default Coming back to earth.

Zan jolted with the touch and let out a small gasp. His shock subsided as normal, and he looked up at Father Eldon. For whatever reason, he got a nice warm feeling from seeing the kind man's face, and he was able to smile, even if a little stressed out.

"I was just thinking... I've been praying a little and trying to search for answers, but I didn't need spells or... or anything."

He used the wall for support to stand up.

"The others are waiting for me, correct?"

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry if I left anybody waiting. 30 hours of no sleep kinda affects your mind when you're not used to it.

21. - Top - End - #261

Default field trip

Quote Originally Posted by MK Kilmarnock View Post
    "The others are waiting for me, correct?"
    Eldon
    "Yes, they thought they might spend the rest of the day getting to know halfling culture a little better, since tomorrow they're going to investigate the church of Garl Glittergold."

(Zan and Eldon walk downstairs, to where the rest of the group is waiting at the door)

"I'm afraid I can't think of anyplace where you might hear rumors of independence, but I suppose you could try a market, pub, or church of Yondalla." (Eldon gives the adventurers directions one of each destination in West Bridgeport) "I doubt you'll discover any great secrets, especially since you'll stick out as 'New People' - that is, non-halflings - but you may find the experience enlightening nonetheless."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

"I think you're probably right father, but maybe we can find out some interesting things. Especially at the pub, not much else loosens lips quite as well as ale. So, if you are all ready, I think I can find these places fairly easily."

Spoiler
    Show
    [ROLL=Knowledge(Local)]1d20+4[/ROLL]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Thymin; 2008-02-08 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Trying the roll again...

Current Characters:

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inagu:

"Well I suppose that I'll shall follow your lead, Dravick," submits Inagu with an air of laziness.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

It wouldn't let me reroll on the other post, I guess because I was editing...
    "Knowledge - Local" - (1d20+4)[18]

Current Characters:

25. - Top - End - #265

Default Alright.... time to ask.

Zan put on a cheery countenance and looked to the others, Dravick in particular.

"Are any of us going about to obtain information and whatnot? I'd love to move around and do something."

26. - Top - End - #266

Dravick leads the team into West Bridgeport. Past the Great Bridge area the population is almost entirely halfling, and the group of tall adventurers find themselves unusual enough to merit stares from small halfling children, though the adults don't give them much more than a casual glance or an occasional "good day." The homes are humble, but very clean and tidy, with the charm of country cottages. They pass through a marketplace where the last of the morning's fish and bread are being sold, the customers at this hour (almost noon) mostly shabbily-dressed elderly halflings, and they overhear some of the transactions being done in the Halfling tongue. Finally, with legs beginning to tire, they arrive at a pub with a colorfully painted sign proclaiming the name of the establishment in Common: The Empty Wheelbarrow. The adventurers step inside, and as their eyes accomodate to the dim light coming through the oilpaper windows they see that they are among the first customers in the pub today - there is only one table occupied, with four young halfling men talking quietly. One section of the bar is raised for taller folk's comfort, and nearby is one table with benches made for humans. A middle-aged halfling man wearing an apron stands behind the bar.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen - (1d20+4)[5]
    Hide - (1d20+7)[8]
    This board has it in for Kyte

Kyte immediately tries hear what the four halflings are saying, and also to blend into his surroundings, to become less noticeable by the four halflings, though he knows it is almost impossible both because of his size and the fact that the halflings have already noticed his company. He then puts his time to use looking around to see what else is in the pub (including doors he hasn't already seen).

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+4)[12]
    Search - (1d20+6)[10]
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-02-08 at 11:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surian Oron

Surian (social situations not his forte) walks uncomfortably up to the human-sized portion of the bar and sits down. He does his best not to stick out, ordering a drink quietly and sipping it slowly. He keeps his eyes and ears keen, observing every detail he can about the tavern.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide:(1d20+7)[14]
    Spot:(1d20+5)[12]
    Search:(1d20+5)[6]
    Listen:(1d20+5)[7]

29. - Top - End - #269

Kyte can't hear anything the halflings are mumbling. Surian is able to determine they are speaking in the halfling tongue, but he can't pick out the words. The pub is very clean. Behind the bar are casks and a few bottles. Above them, mounted on the wall is a battered old shield emblazoned with a horn-of-plenty. The walls are of dark wood, and the off-white plaster ceiling is stained with smoke. There is a small fire in a good-sized fireplace on the other end of the room; there are several spits above the fire but no meat on them. Thick candles are mounted on brackets around the walls of the room, but they are not lit, as there is sufficient sunlight filtering through the oilpaper windows. Other than the door through which the adventurers entered, there is one more exit to the room: a small door behind the bar. Judging by the size of the building from the outside, and must lead to another room rather than the exterior. The barkeep steps up on a footstool behind the tall section of the bar and places a crude clay bowl of peanuts in the shell in front of Surian.

Barkeep (in Common)
    "What can I get you?"

He looks to Surian and to the rest of the party.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inagu:

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive - (1d20+3)[17]
    Do I need this check?
    Sensing Surian's intentions, Inagu nudges Kyte, whom he has been following, to the left, over to a vacant table away from the proximity of anyone else in the pub, specifically Surian, hoping that the rest of the party will follow his lead.
    Spoiler
    Show