New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Cougar IC

Iva

"Oh him...he's just a colleague of mine." Iva turned so as to put her back to the man and so Jeff would have no chance of missing her not-so-subtle wink. "Could you be a darling and go help Sheila over at the boat, I think I can handle this end of this." Iva winks at Jeff in an obvious manner so as to suggest to just play along, as well as mouthing out the words "Thank you".

Not having any inkling of a clue about how much the boat actually would be worth, she assumed Jeff might know what he was talking about. "Now then....I hope you are not trying to cheat me, very unprofessional. I wish you could help me, I need the money...and I would be extremely grateful." Iva spoke to the man using every dirty trick in the book to get the man to concentrate on her, rather than the transaction.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy check to distract the man into giving her more money: (1d20+7)[18]

Let's see if this will make us rich
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Jeff

Jeff lets Ivawork her magic on the man...and takes mental notes of something...
    Want some help Sheila?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Iva yawns, stretches her shoulders back, and tosses her hair out of her face, the potential buyer seems to reconsider his offer of fifty gold pieces for the boat.

Man at the Docks
    "Well, I wouldn't want to take advantage of someone in a tough spot, perhaps we could discuss this further over a few ales...(he lowers his voice)...perhaps without your colleague here...oh, are those two with you also?" (he indicates Gylvin and Shiela)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher Doc View Post
    ...oh, are those two with you also?" (he indicates Gylvin and Shiela)
    Gylvin

Gylvin is discretely listening to the conversation. When the man starts trying to determine if he and Shiela are also Iva's companions, he gets a little nervous. Gylvin tries to determine if the man's intentions are to separate Iva from her companions because he is in league with the woman the group just captured, or is he just looking for a quick tumble in the Inn. Gylvin doesn't want Iva to come to harm, but he also sees no issues with her using her "charms" to up the sales price of the boat.

sense motive of man: (1d20+2)[19]
    I hate it when other people use my ideas and don't even bother to give me credit --Anonymous

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." —Mark Twain

5. - Top - End - #275

Gylvin tries to get a feeling for the man's intentions from his body language so far, but can't really decide if the man is trustworthy or not. He can at least tell that the man doesn't seem to be preparing his body to attack them within the next few moments.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just checking the SRD for Sense Motive I see a hunch for trustworthiness is DC 20 (given one minute of observation) but I figure Gylvin should get something for a 19.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-02-08 at 03:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"I'm just keeping watch. Don't want someone stealing the boat 'ere we can sell it. Thats pretty much the reason I suggest we sell this thing, too. Not enough manpower to maintain a watch."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Iva

"Of course, of course." Iva smiles, just as the bell tower strikes the hour. "Oh dear, listen to that. It seems that I have lost track of the time. I do not wish to cut this meeting short, but you see I have pressing business elsewhere. If it is possible for us to hasten this transaction, I would be even more grateful to you sir. Don't you worry about those drinks I'll be returning to the docks on a regular basis. Perhaps we might be able to make it a regular thing."

The bell has tolled for the unfortunate, yet again.

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff check to feign the importance of time and the return service: (1d20+2)[3]
    Diplomacy check to hasten the transaction: (1d20+7)[13]
    Last edited by Trulhammaren; 2008-02-08 at 06:22 PM.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278

Spoiler
    Show
    SenseMotive - (1d20)[8]

The man frowns, sensing that his relationship with Iva has fizzled.

Man at the Docks
    "I suppose 70 gold is fair price, not to take advantage of your situation, but not a penny more. And I'm afraid I'll have to pay you in silver ingots that were part of my last cargo; I don't carry around that much gold."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Gylvin

Gylvin notices no threat to Iva from the man she is trying to sell the boat too. Sheila has things nicely in hand and Gylvin feels redundant at this point. He signals to Shiela that he is heading back to the guild house and decides to have a nice meal and a couple of glasses of wine before going to sleep.

Gylvin's plans are to wake up tomorrow and scribe a couple of magic missle scrolls for emergency use. He then plans to rest & socialize with his comrades

{OOC: this post is intended to pull Gylvin out of the storyline until I return from a business trip on Thursday.

@Bonecrusher, if you need Gylvin to do something, go ahead and do it. Also, let me know whether or not I am able to complete two scrolls. TKS }
    I hate it when other people use my ideas and don't even bother to give me credit --Anonymous

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." —Mark Twain

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Iva

Seeing the man frown Iva could only assume that he saw through he deception.

....I'm going to have to work on my poker face....

"Done and done. I thank you sir for your help."

Turning toward Sheila and Jeff over by the boat, Iva signals with a wave of her arm that all has been taken care of and that she requests them coming to her.

"As soon as my companions arrive here we can get this underway, I imagine we are probably long overdo for our meeting by now."
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281

Kobold

Jeff

Jeff complies. He aproaches Iva.

12. - Top - End - #282

The man at the docks whistles sharply to one of his crew, who comes over. They talk for a moment, and the crewmember leaves and comes back with the agreed-upon silver ingots, which he gives to the adventurers. The man asks the adventurers to simply leave the boat tied up to the dock, then bids them goodbye as he turns for the shipping office, followed by his crewman.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Iva

"Well lets get this stuff back to the guild house before some ruffian decides that we make an easy target." Iva grabs what she can (which isn't much) and starts her way back to the guild house as soon as her teammates grab what's let.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground

Balthazar

Balthazar has fallen asleep in the most comfortable chair that the library has to offer. He has a book in his lap, and has simply fallen back into the chair. He is snoring gently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just wanted to say I'm still here is all, plus he's needed some decent sleep anyway.
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

Sharn continues reading, not really noticing the noises from the dwarf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same here, just chiming in.
    It is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7
    Sharn Vankessel, Cleric of Team Cougar

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

With what seems like zero effort, Shiela lifts the silver ingots and proceeds on toward the guild house, humming a mindless tune.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

17. - Top - End - #287

Kobold

Jeff

Did we take the weapons ?Oh, and Sheila, dont force yourself with the heavy silver, let me !

18. - Top - End - #288

The team, now all together back at the guildhall, lays out their loot. Lankin is nearby with a bag of gold pieces to compensate them for everything they turn in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gylvin is able to scribe the scrolls. Lankin will give you 35gp and keep 35gp for the silver ingots as per your contracts. The rest of the equipment he can give a few coins for, or you can ask him to swap it for other equipment that you may want. Let's not spend too long on the treasure bit - feel free to go ahead and move on to the adventurers discussing what they should do next.

EDITED - SEE BOLD TEXT IN SPOILER
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-02-16 at 03:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289

Balthazar
    The dwarf keeps snoring in the chair until someone wakes him, or it is early morning.
    If he is woken suddenly, then he is shocked awake, and looks around confused for a wee bit.
    Currently playing as:

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

Iva

After letting Lankin handle the silver ingots and other things Iva sits down at a nearby table. Speaking softly so as not to wake the sleeping dwarf, or anyone for that matter, Iva addresses Jeff and Sheila. "Ok now that we seem to have things under control. I propose we get some sleep so we can get an early start with our interrogation of our new 'friends'. I plan on being down here at dawn, from experience people tend to let slip information they normally wouldn't if they are groggy and we could probably use the rest, I know I could."

Iva stretches and without waiting to long for a reply from either of them heads upstairs to catch some sleep.

[hr]

As the first signs of dawn are appearing in the sky, Iva stirs from her much needed slumber gets dressed, covers up in her large black cloak, makes sure to attach her whip to her waist and heads downstairs, to grab a quick bite to eat before starting the interrogation process, assuming Ana is awake.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

Ana is not around, but Elga is there, and she toasts hunks of bread over the fire for the adventurers to slather with butter and honey.

Elga (to anyone listening)
    "You know, it's probably a good thing Klep escaped you and we turned those other thugs in to the Guard. I don't like the idea of this place turning into a prison! At least that dungeon is ready if you want to move either of your two prisoners out of the stable...I can't believe Bruce, thinking he could fool me into thinking it was going to be a root cellar! Anyway, it's simple enough, just a hole in the ground, no individual cells yet but we have rope to bind the prisoners as much as you want, and a good strong door that's barred from inside the basement, so there's no lock that anyone could pick."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela
    <The Previous Night>

As the others head towards their racks, Shiela makes her way to the stables, and taps Bil on the shoulder.
    "You're relieved, I've got these guys" she says, quietly, trying to put aa nervous tremble ino her voice.
    Bil, ever the quiet one, simply nods his assent and heads to his normal posting of his rack.
    "Oh, before you go, can you convince Ana to deliver some food out here for myself and the prisoners?" she calls, and recieves no response.

All alone with the prisoners, Shiela leans her sheild aginst a wall, draws her scimitar, and whetstone, and sets to work on basic blade maintenace, keeping one eye on the prisoners and muttering about "Her" and "The Expert" coming in tomorrow.
    She lets the name "Iva" slip once or twice throughout the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    There we go, softening them up a bit, I guess.
    Bluff - (1d20)[5]
    Acting - (1d20)[10]
    Intimidate - (1d20)[17]
    Pick your poison, Doc - whichever you think this situation calls for (Intimidate, since its aiding Iva's role, there?)
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2008-02-16 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Bolding
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

Finding no answers from the books available, Sharn gently wakes Balthazar and helps him upstairs to bed. At his own place in the room, he removes his armor and places it, along with the rest of his gear, on top of the mattress. He spends an hour of the night in solemn prayer, reflecting on the lives lost that day. When he is finished he slides beneath his bed, quietly cursing his need for sleep.

The next morning, he slowly clean his equipment before donning it and follow the first comrade seen to where their new prisoners are being held.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7

24. - Top - End - #294

Balthazar

Balthazar wakes up from the chair, then goes to bed in a proper bunk.
    The next morning he prepares his spells first thing.
    After that he gets breakfast, which consists of a few types of sausage, bacon and toast Oh, and a large flagon of whatever juice they have.
    Currently playing as:

25. - Top - End - #295

Kobold

Jeff

Jeff sleeps, wakes up , eats something and joins the others into interogating the prisoners and/or torturing them (prisoners or party members...doesnt matter... )

26. - Top - End - #296

Default godmodding until Trulhammeren returns...

Iva decides to have the prisoners separated during interrogation, and so she begins by having the gnome brought to the newly constructed dungeon. The adventurers unbar one door in the basement, descend down a few steps, and unbar another door to reveal the underground chamber dug from the clay that lies underneath Bridgeport's layer of topsoil. There are no individual cells in the chamber, but there are several vertical wooden posts installed. Iva binds the gnome's arms to his sides and then ties him to one of the posts. With a flourish, she throws her cloak back and puts her hand on her hip, deliberately displaying the bullwhip secured to her belt. She then invites her colleagues to ask the gnome any questions they may have.

27. - Top - End - #297

Kobold

Jeff

Let me handle him Iva, he owe's me his life...crouching next to the gnome:Ok, I will try to keem my friends here from hurting you, but only if you cooperate...remember, if it wasnt for me you could have been eaten by a [gnomish]shark[/gnomish]...

So, can you tell me why do you work for that woman?

28. - Top - End - #298

Gnome (looking thoroughly freaked out by this underground interrogation pit)
    "J...just a job, I heard about it at church, good pay as long as I didn't ask questions...ohh, I can't believe Lovro got eaten by that shark!"

The gnome starts hyperventilating even though there is plenty of fresh air with the two doors to the basement open. The two torches mounted in brackets in the newly dug stairway behind the adventurers are burning steadily.

Spoiler
    Show
    Other players feel free to post, you don't have to wait until Jeff is all done.

29. - Top - End - #299

Balthazar

Balthazar wipes the sausage out of his beard, puts away the dishes, and thanks Ana for a good breakfast.
    After that, he goes down to the interrogation chamber to see what all the hub-bub is about. He quietly asks Shiela (if she is there) what they know about the gnome. If Sheila isn't there, then he asks whoever is closest.
    Currently playing as:

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

Having no interest in the Gnome, Sharn simply stands near the entrance playing with the knife they confiscated the day before and anticipating his interrogation of the woman.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7