New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Cougar IC

Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Umm...do we really have to inform the city guards? I mean, we can just interogate them ourselves...and if they dont want to speak, well...there are some methods of bersuasion we could try. Dont worry about the corpses, after you skin them, they usually are easy to dispense...forest animals, rivers ,an open fire and some spices...or does that apply only to wild beasts?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Umm...do we really have to inform the city guards? I mean, we can just interogate them ourselves...and if they dont want to speak, well...there are some methods of bersuasion we could try. Dont worry about the corpses, after you skin them, they usually are easy to dispense...forest animals, rivers ,an open fire and some spices...or does that apply only to wild beasts?
    Gylvin, Elven Wizard

"First, I never said that we should call the guard; I suggested that we have the guildmaster make the determination. Second, why would we want to question some local ruffians who were having what appeared to be a personal argument that was getting out of hand(we're not the law in this town). Third, while it is sometimes necessary to use force to gain information in battle, your suggestion seems like a thinly veiled excuse for amusing yourself with torture. Finally, I suggest you re-read your contract with the guild where it concerns conduct within Bridgeport and the surrounding area"

Spoiler
    Show
    Member will exercise reasonable discretion in these activities, especially when conducted within the city and surrounding area of Bridgeport. Member will endeavor at all times to prevent the Guild from dishonor or excessive financial loss

Gylvin is disgusted by Jeff's cavalier attitude towards killing the locals. Gylvin wonders, "What type of group have I signed up with?"
    I hate it when other people use my ideas and don't even bother to give me credit --Anonymous

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." —Mark Twain

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

No longer seeing a threat, Sharn returns his weapon to it's proper place. As the trio gracelessly fall on their faces, an almost hint of a smile can be caught on his face. "That worked rather out rather nicely, well done my friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    "Dont worry about the corpses, after you skin them, they usually are easy to dispense...forest animals, rivers ,an open fire and some spices...or does that apply only to wild beasts?"

"That would not be wise. Though the theory is sound, spirits have a tendency to take offense to that sort of thing being done to their bodies. Trust me, I know a thing or two..."
    He trails off mid sentence, any semblance of amusement vanished. His mouth continued to move, as if trying to speak, but there were no words. After a few moments he shakes his head and continues, "That and you'll likely be wanted for murder."
    Last edited by Jensik; 2007-12-24 at 11:51 AM.
    It is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7
    Sharn Vankessel, Cleric of Team Cougar

4. - Top - End - #64

Kobold

Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Jeez, people cant take a joke...doubt that they would even recognise one...maybe if it would run around naked and scream " I am a Joke!"...or something like that mutters Jeff for himself, while he is looking for Patches the cat.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Balthazar

Balthazar dismisses the grease spell.
    Hm. Looks like that grease spell wasn't effective. It might still have some bugs in it.

OOC: I know that grease spells can't have bugs. Also Doc, would it help out if the spell-casters provided SRD links to their spells, when cast?
    Last edited by Karaswanton; 2007-12-24 at 12:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

Shiela looked over her shoulder at her new partners.
    "Killing is my job, okay?" she said as an almost indifferent aside to Jeff, ignoring is naked-running-joke joke.
    "You guys should tie up the other 'victi' ... 'guests' until I finish interrogating this one, I'm better with knives than rope, remember?"

It is immediatly obvious to those who have both spoken to her before and retain the slightest bit of personal skills that Shiela is putting up an act for the sole reason of her interrogation.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

7. - Top - End - #67

RedWizardGuy

Gylvin

Glyvin uses Shiela's rope to bind the prisoners. the neck of one prisoner is bound to the hands of the one behind him, thus guaranteeing that attempts to escape the rope binds are evidenced by choking the person in front of him.

Once the "guests" are secured, Gylvin goes back inside and asks for a guild officer to come out.
    Last edited by strongoak; 2007-12-25 at 03:05 PM.
    I hate it when other people use my ideas and don't even bother to give me credit --Anonymous

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." —Mark Twain

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eldon comes outside, looking very serious, having been informed of the situation.

Eldon
    "It's probably best that we keep this low-key without a lot of other people being involved. I also think I would prefer if this lot did not see the interior of the guildhall. Take them into the stables, and perhaps there we can learn their reasons for being here and trying to steal a guild insignia." Bruce is currently indisposed, but I shall come with you. I am curious myself as to what is behind this."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Aw, You mean I can't even ribbonize this one?" Shiela says in what (seems like) a taunting tone, before turning back to her prisoner.
    [battlecant]"Now, I'm going to let you go for just a few seconds, and we're going to take a walk. You hear that? A walk. Running would be a very bad thing for you at this point."[/battlecant]

The Fighter then releases the man's hand and slips to the other side of the gate with everyone else, keeping her weapons at the ready, and stepping directly behind the prisoner.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2007-12-26 at 01:17 PM. Reason: AQdding charecter name - I'm not used to that part, yet.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

Looking toward the dwarf, he puts his hand on his chin in a contemplative manner. "It helps to think dirty thoughts when casting Grease. Gets you in the right state of mind... or at least that's what Melvin The Unclean always said, 'Correct state of mind will further your magical prowess.' Of course he was notoriously perverted so he may have been talking about something completely different. In either case, it's worth a try."

Turning his attention back to the task in front of him, Sharn walks toward Shiela. "Do you need assistance?"

Ribbonize? I don't believe I'm familiar with that terminology. Sounds messy. I'll have to look into it later.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Only if your services aren't taken up elsewhere, this guy looks fragile enough" Shiela informs the cleric, before leaning in and whispering "Although, if you're better at interrogation than I, I really COULD use quite a bit of it once we actually get everyone to the stables"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

12. - Top - End - #72

The ruffians wake and find themselves bound by the hands and neck, and surrounded by sharp steel. Meekly, they allow Eldon to direct them into the largest stall in the stable, designed to accomodate a mighty warhorse. Eldon leaves the adventurers at the gate of the stall.

Eldon
    "See what information you can get out of them. Bruce asked not to be disturbed after a restless night, but I'm sure he'll want to see these ruffians before you let them g... before you dispose of them." He grins slightly and winks at Shiela, then heads for the guildhall.

13. - Top - End - #73

Kobold

Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Here kittykittykitty, where are you Patches? I got some trail rations, if you are hungry...Well, it seems that Jeff does not care alot about the ruffians, seeing as he cant maim them or anything, so he focuses on...more important tasks, like getting aquainted to the "local wildlife".

14. - Top - End - #74

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensik View Post
    Sharn

Looking toward the dwarf, he puts his hand on his chin in a contemplative manner. "It helps to think dirty thoughts when casting Grease. Gets you in the right state of mind... or at least that's what Melvin The Unclean always said, 'Correct state of mind will further your magical prowess.' Of course he was notoriously perverted so he may have been talking about something completely different. In either case, it's worth a try."

Turning his attention back to the task in front of him, Sharn walks toward Shiela. "Do you need assistance?"

Ribbonize? I don't believe I'm familiar with that terminology. Sounds messy. I'll have to look into it later.

Balthazar, Dwarf wizard

I always think of my mother-in-laws cooking personally.

15. - Top - End - #75

RedWizardGuy

Gylvin, Elven Wizard

Gylvin is speaking to Shiela and Sharn. He is facing so that the prisoner's cannot see his face. Gylvin winks slowly before speaking loudly . "It's kind of a shame that we're inside for the questioning. My people have some effective means of getting people to talk. The easiest one is to hang them by their wrists from a tree branch and keep adding rocks to a bag tied to their ankles. It's not very productive early on, but as the spine stretches and tendons tear, it becomes quite effective.

Another way that's faster (yet messier) is to tie the prisoner spread eagle and tie an inverted Iron kettle over his belly. You then take a rat & slip it between his skin & the kettle. That's pretty unsettling for the prisoner, but it becomes downright terrifying once you start putting hot coals on top of the kettle. It seems rats don't like to be baked alive so they generally try to dig their way out....

I'm sure human methods are just as good, just sharing a little culture."

Having amused himself by trying to scare the prisoners, Gylvin steps aside & is willing to assist whoever takes the lead in questioning the "guests"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

Sharn responds quietly, so the prisoners cannot hear. "I'm not fond of torture. I'll stand guard out here to discourage any interruptions."

GM of Narutod20's Team 7

17. - Top - End - #77

Patches appears out of the underbrush and starts brushing against Jeff and purring, but he will still squirm and run away if Jeff tries to pick him up.

18. - Top - End - #78

Kobold

Jeff, CN Human Ranger
    Nice kitty...good kitty...want some food?And with that, he takes one trail ration from his sack, and starts eating from it, occasionally giving some pieces to Patches.

19. - Top - End - #79

Balthazar

Well, I suppose we should wait for Bruce, and then turn them over to the authorities.

20. - Top - End - #80

The four prisoners wait, with varying signs of anxiety, to see what their captors will do with them.

21. - Top - End - #81

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Karaswanton View Post
    Balthazar

Well, I suppose we should wait for Bruce, and then turn them over to the authorities.
    Gylvin, Elven Wizard

Gylvin is still standing so that the prisoners can't see his face. "Eldon's delegated the task to us. There's no need to bother Bruce with something as trivial as this." Gylvin looks over towards Shiela and asks in a bored tone "Would you like to start or should I?" Gylvin looks at Shiela and is willing to defer to her if she takes the lead.

22. - Top - End - #82

Balthazar

He also indicated Bruce would like to see them. I suppose there isn't any harm in starting without them however.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Please, friend, I believe I've had plenty of face time with one, already - your culture's methods intrigue me, and I would personally, LOVE to see them first hand." Shiela suggests to the elf, and heads toward a convient corner of the room to lean against the wall.
    Spoiler
    Show

[roll=Shiela's Intimidate Check v. Prisoners] 1d20 [/roll]
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2007-12-29 at 03:59 AM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

24. - Top - End - #84

"What do you want from us?!" shouts the prisoner who had tried to snatch Shiela's insignia. "Just tell us what you want!"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Oh, look! They speak Common!" Shiela rejoices towards noone in particular.
    She then leans in, trying her best to look threatening, considering how she had earlier bashed his hand into a metal gate with a rather heavy chunk of wood laden with rather spikey protrusions, she reasons that this shouldn't be too dificult.
    "Let start at why you're after this." she follows up, presenting her Guild Sign.

Spoiler
    Show
    In case you want a roll, Doc.
    (1d20)[17]
    I really should have put ranks in Intimidate.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2007-12-29 at 08:45 AM. Reason: I really need to get used to adding that name up top.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

26. - Top - End - #86

The young man who spoke up now lowers his gaze, not making eye contact with the frightening girl standing over him.

Hooligan Spokesman

"Jus' another job. Those kinda things fetch good prices."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"You see, not only are you conflictig yourself in that statement there, I noticed you spoke in TradeCant at the gate.
    Then you used the word "Job" in direct conjucntion with the phrase "Just Another". You then made a statement indicating a random pick-pocketing type crime, as if you intended to sell this in the Underground.

I want every last juicy detail - and until I get it, I'll let my friend here - who you HEARD describe Elven Interrogation Practices to you - spread his culture a bit until you DO give me everything.

Have fun."

The red-head makes sure to put a really, really hard tone in her voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC> I'll stop here until other people start posting, so it seems less of an exchange between the DM and myself. Yay for quirky military schedules.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2007-12-29 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Spelling & Grammer - Short description of Vocal tonality
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

28. - Top - End - #88

Balthazar

If you think the elven practices sound bad, well, I won't even bother to describe the dwarven ones to you. They'll just make you faint, and then you won't be of any use to us.

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate check: (1d20-1)[4]

29. - Top - End - #89

Kobold

Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Now be a good kitty, daddy is going to check up on the others....

Arriving at the stables, Jeff asks Sheila in a whisper:So, have they said something useful?

30. - Top - End - #90

Hooligan Spokesman

"Look 'ere, we're not spies or anything. Jus' blokes who make a livin' takin' things from folks sometimes, no reason to gut us like we was a stack o' codfish! Everyone knows there's places in town to buy and sell things that you can't buy and sell out in the open. Somebody gives us this address, says she'll give good coin for anythin' interesting, we didn't 'urt nobody!"
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2007-12-29 at 11:12 AM.