New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Cougar IC

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher Doc View Post
    Hooligan Spokesman

"Look 'ere, we're not spies or anything. Jus' blokes who make a livin' takin' things from folks sometimes, no reason to gut us like we was a stack o' codfish! Everyone knows there's places in town to buy and sell things that you can't buy and sell out in the open. Somebody gives us this address, says she'll give good coin for anythin' interesting, we didn't 'urt nobody!"

Gylvin, Elven Wizard

"Oh good idea! I hadn't thought of gutting you! Wait, I guess I did when I mentioned the rat & cauldron" Gylvin looks the spokesman in the eye and says "We're not inclined to hurt you any more than we need to in order to get the information we want."

"Give us your names, who you work for normally (thieves guild?) and exactly what woman is asking for information about our humble home. Include where & how we contact her. Details, honesty and speed are critical for you right now. In case you haven't noticed we used a great deal of patience in capturing you. Sure one of you may have a few bruises now, but the rest simply got to take a little nap."

"Here is the way the rest of the night will go:
    1. I'd like to wrap up quickly since I'm getting tired and cranky. When I'm cranky, I'm not very pleasant.
    2. You've got one opportunity to explain yourselves completely. I don't like repeating myself.
    3. If I'm not satisfied with your answer, I'll take it out on one of your comrades before asking again. Then I'll hurt another if I'm still not satisfied. I'm not going to hurt you until you're the last one alive. If you don't answer honestly, you'll have to deal with your friends if/when we let you go. I don't think they're going to like getting a beating because you're being a hero. Let's see how long you live after we give you to them at the gate."

Gylvin turns to his friends, "Can one of you start a large pot of water boiling? I'll show you a technique we use on cutpurses. Scalding hurts like hell but doesn't have to leave permanent disfigurement. "

Spoiler
    Show

If you need an intimidation check
    Intimidate: (1d20-1)[8]

Gylvin studies the prisoners in order to determine which one is likely to break first if force needs to be applied. (Spot modifier +4, not sure if the roll statment is going to work correctly). 1 spot per prisoner if needed.
    [ROLL] 1d20+4 1d20+4 1d20+4 1d20+4[/ROLL]
    I hate it when other people use my ideas and don't even bother to give me credit --Anonymous

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." —Mark Twain

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

Shiela simply grins at the proceedings before whispering back to Jeff.
    "We're just about to get there." she says quietly, before rasing her voice to a conversational, matter-of-fact tone.
    "Could you get that 'boiling water' thing done, Jeff, I always enjoy wathing people ply their trades. Did You know they say this elf is a REAL expert?"

Spoiler
    Show

Untrained Sense Motive checks! One for each Hooligan, if nessecary, otherwise, the first roll, of course. Also - lets make the Spokesman the first target, and each other Hooligan based on how close they are to Shiela - closest first.
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[2]
    (1d20)[3]
    All checks at +1 for Wisdom.
    Sense Motive Check - to see who is cracking under the pressure faster, solely so Shiela can instantly go "Bad Cop."
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2007-12-29 at 02:29 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Get boiling water?!? Am I some kind of servant? Cant it be: "Can you please send these guys to the grave, Jeff?" Oh well...I will go now...And he starts walking towards the exit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hide check, to hide somewhere, since Jeff thinks that Sheila only bluffed.(1d20+7)[22]
    Last edited by Bayar; 2007-12-29 at 02:40 PM.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

4. - Top - End - #94

RedWizardGuy

[QUOTE=bayar;3722599]Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Get boiling water?!? Am I some kind of servant? Cant it be: "Can you please send these guys to the grave, Jeff?" Oh well...I will go now...

Gylvin, Elven Wizard

Don't be to upset, there's always the chance that they may try and hold out information. Think about how much fun you'll be able to have then.

Gylvin turns & speaks softly to Blathazar. "Would you mind taking care of the water? I hope we don't need it but we need to be able to walk the walk. Also, while you're out getting the pot, could you ask a couple of other fighters to "come watch." If these guys try to put up a fight, we may have trouble helping Shiela."
    I hate it when other people use my ideas and don't even bother to give me credit --Anonymous

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." —Mark Twain

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

Sharn continues to 'stand guard' outside, nodding to Jeff as he walks in. He looks a bit troubled, but doesn't say anything.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: This is pretty much the obligatory "Yeah, I'm still here" post.
    It is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7
    Sharn Vankessel, Cleric of Team Cougar

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hooligan Spokesman
    "Easy now, easy, we're not tryin' to die for no county 'ere. This 'ere is Hawkins, Mups, Neer, and I'm Klep. Jus' four blokes tryin' to keep food on the table, and not by workin' fer those blasted gnomes, nor no guild, neither. She that hired us jus' come up to us when we was hangin' around the docks yesterday. Never seen 'er before in me life. Tall dame, all wrapped up in a great cloak and scarf, said she heard we might be lookin' fer work, to just get any papers or anything else that looks interesting and she'd pay us tomorrow for it if we met her at dusk, same place - sixth dock east o' the river. I think she might have thought we'd break in to the house at night, but I didn't want none of my boys to end up with an arrow through 'em, so I thought maybe one of you'd come to us and we could pick your pockets safe enough. My idea for the row at the gate. Now take it easy on me chums 'ere, some of 'em ain't so bright, and there weren't no boat nor warehouse who'd take 'em."

Hawkins, Mup, and Neer all nod glumly in agreement with Klep.

7. - Top - End - #97

Kobold

Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Jeff jumps out of his hiding place.So, all we have to do, is go to the docks, wait for the gnome chick to appear, put HER to sleep, and start questioning her while she is tied up...clothes optional...

8. - Top - End - #98

RedWizardGuy

Hooligan Spokesman (Klep)
    "... Tall dame, all wrapped up in a great cloak and scarf, said she heard we might be lookin' fer work, to just get any papers or anything else that looks interesting and she'd pay us tomorrow for it if we met her at dusk, same place - sixth dock east o' the river... My idea for the row at the gate. Now take it easy on me chums 'ere, some of 'em ain't so bright, and there weren't no boat nor warehouse who'd take 'em."
    Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Jeff jumps out of his hiding place.So, all we have to do, is go to the docks, wait for the gnome chick to appear, put HER to sleep, and start questioning her while she is tied up...clothes optional...
    Gylvin, Elven Wizard

Gylvin motions for the group to gather in a small circle and speaks quietly so that the prisoners cannot hear. "It sounds plausible enough to be true. Does anyone think they're lying? If we agree that it sounds like the truth, I'd suggest that we report out to Eldon and bring up Jeff's idea about capturing whoever hired these geniuses.

If he approves, we can always feed these guys & keep them here until tomorrow evening."

Gylvin chuckles to himself. "We don't even know what this woman looks like and Jeff already has her undressed mentally. She'll probably be uglier than a pig in a wallow with the personality of zombie."

9. - Top - End - #99

Kobold

Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Whispering to the others:Actually, they said they met her yesterday and agreed to see her tomorrow, which means they will see her today...

10. - Top - End - #100

RedWizardGuy

Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Whispering to the others:Actually, they said they met her yesterday and agreed to see her tomorrow, which means they will see her today...
    Gylvin

Whispers: "Oops, I missed that. Good catch!

{OOC: What time of day is it currently? }

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [QUOTE=strongoak;3722680]
    Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Get boiling water?!? Am I some kind of servant? Cant it be: "Can you please send these guys to the grave, Jeff?" Oh well...I will go now...

Gylvin, Elven Wizard

Don't be to upset, there's always the chance that they may try and hold out information. Think about how much fun you'll be able to have then.

Gylvin turns & speaks softly to Blathazar. "Would you mind taking care of the water? I hope we don't need it but we need to be able to walk the walk. Also, while you're out getting the pot, could you ask a couple of other fighters to "come watch." If these guys try to put up a fight, we may have trouble helping Shiela."

Balthazar

Hm. I don't recall any of us bringing up gnomes initially. Gnomes are usually good people, I'm surprised they'd be involved.

Balthazar walks off for a pot, and grumbles a bit about how the human was already sent for water (under his breath, after leaving the room) and goes to find anybody handy.
    Last edited by Karaswanton; 2007-12-30 at 12:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102

As the sun has passed it zenith and evening approaches, the warmth of the early spring day subsides, and a biting cold wind begins to blow.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Question: who is going to stand watch over these folks?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

14. - Top - End - #104

Kobold

Jeff, CN Human Ranger

Not me !

15. - Top - End - #105

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos5150 View Post
    Shiela

"Question: who is going to stand watch over these folks?"
    Gylvin, Elven Wizard

"Well, we're going to need approval from a guild officer before we do anything. Maybe they'll guard 3 of these guys if Klep is willing to point out his employer. By the way, I can't cast another sleep spell until I get some rest, so we might need to use force. I'll go get a guild officer."

Gylvin leaves the stable in search of a guild official. If he finds one, he explains the interrogation results and the need for both speed and someone to guard the prisoners if Team Cougar is allowed to try and capture the woman trying to buy info on the guild.

16. - Top - End - #106

Eldon returns with Gylvin and Bil.

Eldon
    I spoke with Bruce. Bil will guard the prisoners here until tomorrow morning, when we can quietly turn them over to the authorities. I believe Balthazar and Ana have already started some soup for their supper. I assume you'll want to take at least one of them with you this evening to meet with this woman they talked about. I'm sure any crime financier would know better than to show up at a rendezvous point without first seeing their contact there, and the scene looking safe.

17. - Top - End - #107

RedWizardGuy

Eldon returns with Gylvin and Bil.

Eldon
    I spoke with Bruce. Bil will guard the prisoners here until tomorrow morning, when we can quietly turn them over to the authorities. I believe Balthazar and Ana have already started some soup for their supper. I assume you'll want to take at least one of them with you this evening to meet with this woman they talked about. I'm sure any crime financier would know better than to show up at a rendezvous point without first seeing their contact there, and the scene looking safe.
    Gylvin, Elven Wizard

"Well Master Klep, we'd like you to point out your employer to us tonight. No need for you to get involved in any of the "fun". We just need you to meet with her, we'll do the rest. Upon successful completion of your portion, you friends will be released unharmed tomorrow morning. Actually, I'd suggest that you return here to our protection if we get separated tonight."

Glyvin turns to his friends and says "I'd like to recommend we get everyone together and form a plan. Shall we meet outside the stables in an hour?"

{OOC: At this point, I'd recommend a formal roll-call of who will be attending tonight's festivities. }

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Keeping herself mostly out of the way, Iva listened and watched the goings on from the group. When the interrogation issues began she decided to leave the proceedings to her comrades, still not trusting the men of the group much.

At the elf's mentioning meeting outside in an hour, Iva went upstairs to gather her cloak and some supplies for her performing arts, as she already had an idea how she might be best useful to the group, while keeping her known diplomatic experience tucked away for a rainy day as her comrades seemed to be getting the job done well enough.

Completely covered in the black cloth with the guild's insignia pinned into the folds of the cloth, Iva waited outside the stables waiting for the someone to start this meeting.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strongoak View Post
    Gylvin, Elven Wizard

"Shall we meet outside the stables in an hour?"
    Sharn

Sharn nods and, seeing as he already had everything he needed, simply sat on the ground leaning on the barn. He closed his eyes and began praying in a language that sounded too foul to be civilized.

Spoiler
    Show
    That language would be Abyssal for those who might recognize it.
    It is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7
    Sharn Vankessel, Cleric of Team Cougar

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

Shiela bows quickly. "I'll return in an hour."

As the red-head leaves, she immediately heads upstairs and meticulously dons her armor, making sure to leave her cloak, and therefore guild insignia behind for the assault.
    She spends the rest of her preparation time quietly praying to The Lady, and returns to outside the stables with five minutes to spare.

Spoiler
    Show

RTST
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

21. - Top - End - #111

Balthazar

Balthazar keeps working on the soup. Whenever someone isn't looking, he adds potatoes. When he hears of the meeting, he agrees to attend at the proper time, but he stays with the soup until then.

22. - Top - End - #112

Kobold

Jeff

Jeff gathers his gear from his chest, making sure no one has tampered with it. He is waiting outside.

((I will be away until tomorrow...about 24 hours from now))

23. - Top - End - #113

RedWizardGuy

Gylvin, Elven Wizard

In anticipation of the team meeting, Gylvin speaks with Klep and his friends about the general lay-out of the area that the party will be entering. His goal is to develop a map of the dock area and some good locations for party members to either remain out of site until the woman is met or sniper locations for archers.

24. - Top - End - #114

With the description provided by Klep, the party members sketch a crude map of the immediate area of the rendezvous.

Spoiler
    Show
    http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj157/AdvGuild/docks.jpg

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

the red-head take this oppertunity to study the map right after she arrives, picking up a twig, she scratches out an approximation in the dirt.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

26. - Top - End - #116

Balthazar

Hm. I see. And in what exact location on this mapped out area would the individual we are pursuing being meeting your representative?

27. - Top - End - #117

Kobold

Jeff

I could hide near those crates, and be ready to either snipe or ambush her, depending on the distance.

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Karaswanton View Post
    Balthazar

Hm. I see. And in what exact location on this mapped out area would the individual we are pursuing being meeting your representative?
    Klep

"Right at the corner of the dock. Where Dock 6 meets Dock street. There are enough people coming and going and making deals on the docks there that business like this is not noticed."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

The fighter sketches out a quick, potential tactic.
    "So, we put an archer here, and here. Meaning Jeff, and someone else who happens to be good with a bow." Shiela says as she points to the areas marked with an "A", and she draws short, dotted lines towards the traget (Marked by a "T" over a red Sqaure), "Make sure you guys keep and establish a line of sight, in case things go wrong.".
    "We're gunna have our little hooligan (H) here approach the target with a sigil in hand - we'll use mine if we have no spares. I'll hide out by the warehouse in plain sight (F) - Kelp said the place was busy, right? It should be easy to mill around unnoticed.
    "At these spots here (M), we'll station some magical support, again, in case things go awry. When and if that happens, I'll charge in from my location, and pin our fair Lady Target down so we can forcefully extract some intelligence on the spot.
    "Now, if by The Lady's Grace, nobody notices the jig is up, ou Archers should be close enough to eavesdrop, and/or, we can send a strong swimmer (who doesn't mind swimming through the port ) up around the back, that'll be our primary listener, after that, we shadow the woman to someplace quiet, and extract some intel there.
    "Can anybody think of any equipmet we may need like, for example, signal mirrors for our swimmer and myself - to alert for a charge or that our swimmer is in position?"

Spoiler
    Show

OOC> It seems that, in addition to intimidate, I need to put some ranks in Craft (TacMap) and Craft (Cunning Ambush).
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2008-01-04 at 08:13 AM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

30. - Top - End - #120

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos5150 View Post
    Shiela

The fighter sketches out a quick, potential tactic.
    "So, we put an archer here, and here. Meaning Jeff, and someone else who happens to be good with a bow." Shiela says as she points to the areas marked with an "A", and she draws short, dotted lines towards the traget (Marked by a "T" over a red Sqaure)
    Gylvin, Eleven Wizard

"I'll take one of the bowman positions. If we have to fire, we'll need a signal to Klep & whoever is with him to back off."

Jeff, how about you let me fire first? If you see a magic missle slamming into someone, that should be a clear enough sign to everyone that the jig is up."

{OOC: Sorry about the delay in posting, my shift scheduling has been crazy.}