New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Cougar IC

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher Doc View Post
    ... The sail is full with wind, causing the boat to tug at its anchor. The main halyard is visible. Wind is approximately from west to east, or from stern to bow....
    Gylvin, Elven Wizard

Gylvin continues to watch the meeting between Klep & the woman. If the woman seems to make a break for the boat, Gylvin will fire a magic missile at the halyard line. If it connects the rope should break and the mast will tumble down to the boom.

Gylvin discretly picks up his bow and arrow. He does not prepare to fire. He also silently curses the short sighted mages of old who didn't realize that sometimes you'd like to blast an inanimate object.

{OOC: Thanks Jeff, I forgot about that rule for magic missle. }

Spoiler
    Show

Doc: Go ahead and make any rolls that you want for me.
    Last edited by strongoak; 2008-01-10 at 10:54 AM.
    I hate it when other people use my ideas and don't even bother to give me credit --Anonymous

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." —Mark Twain

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

OOC: Magic Missile does not damage inanimate objects...
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Balthazar, LN Dwarven Wizard

Balthazar gets himself ready to cast grease.
    If the gnomes in the boat make motions to get the sailboat moving, he will cast grease on the oars.

DC 14 Reflex for gnomes, assuming that happens.
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gylvin's keen eyes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The woman and one of the boat crew make eye contact for a split second. The gnome then looks toward a chest at the bow of the boat, and the other gnome nods. As the woman continues to scan around, she does make any obvious sign that she recognizes any of the party as interested in her, though her eyes linger on Sheila for a second.

Jeff and Sharn's keen ears:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The woman mutters under her breath, "Damn, somebody's gotten to him!"

Tall Woman
    (to Klep, sternly): "That's all I need from you."

The woman begins to walk away quickly West, back in the direction from which she came. One of the gnomes opens the chest on the boat and reaches into it, while the other gnome seats himself in the stern, near the rudder and anchor.

5. - Top - End - #155

Just so you know, you can see oars in the floor of the boat, but they are not in the oarlocks and the gnomes did not use them as they approached the dock - just the sail.

6. - Top - End - #156

Kobold

Jeff

In the blink of an eye, Jeff shoots an arrow from his hideout.Then he begins going in the direction of the woman, having a second arrow in hand...in case he needs to shoot-to-kill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+2)[14]
    Damage:(1d8)[3]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela
    "Damn, it, Jeff!!" Shiela curses under her breath as she quickly moves straigh past walk, trot and jog into full-blown charge, a few seconds before reaching the woman, she lets her legs collapse underneath her, and swings them to the front.
    Using the majority of her body as a massive rudder to direct battering-ram feet, the Fighter attempts to slide-tackle the woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    [Charge + Unarmed Attack + Trip Attempt)
    Inititave! (1d20+4)[7]
    CHARGE! (Plus 3 STR, Plus One BAB, Minus One Trait, Plus two charge)(1d20+5)[12]
    Unarmed Attack! (Subdual Damage!) (1d3+4)[7]
    Trip! (STR Check) (1d20+3)[6]

OOC>I'm choosing very purposefully to Slide-Tackle here, common sense saying that Shiela will be too low to be shot by Jeff's Arrow unless he messes up too much (I'm not seeing it in his roll, If I remember it right). I'll quite happily take being prone at the start of next round if there is one.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

8. - Top - End - #158

Kobold

Jeff targeted the woman...

9. - Top - End - #159

Jeff's arrow strikes the woman in the shoulder. She grunts and staggers for a few feet as she starts to run. Shiela begins to charge toward the woman. A few people in the crowd start to realize what is going on and open their mouths to scream.

The gnomes on the sailboat at Dock 6, who have been discreetly keeping an eye on things, spring into action.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20)[20]

The one in the stern cuts the anchor rope free, allowing the wind to start pushing the boat southwest, out to sea. The other gnome, in the bow, loads a magazine of bolts into a crossbow and raises the stock to his cheek.

Shiela's compact body hurtles into the fleeing woman. The woman gasps at the force of the blow and staggers again, but manages to keep her feet and continues to run.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-01-10 at 06:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

Kobold

Everybody, get out of the way! We are just capturing a extremely dangerous person! It is for your own good!screams Jeff, trying to control the crowds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:(1d20+1)[7]
    Bluff check:(1d20)[19]

Also, he will try to get on that boat, one way or another.
    Last edited by Bayar; 2008-01-10 at 05:58 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Keeping an eye on both the gnomes in the boat and the woman was beginning to vex Iva just a tad bit.

Can we please get this mummer's farce over with...

No sooner than the thought occurred the world surrounding the docks seemed to freeze as everyone sprung into action.

About time.

Knowing that she had no chance of making her way to the lady Iva grabs one of the torches out of the air letting the other two drop to the ground. She then makes a running leap towards the boat.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Iva shouts as she is leaping through the air hoping to knock the gnome with the crossbow down as she lands.

Spoiler
    Show

Again not sure how this will work with the leap attack bit, so I'm just gonna roll it as if it were a charging overrun, if the whole leaping thing is against the charge rules (although I could find nothing that said so) just subtract the bonuses and whatnot.

Jump - [roll]1d20+2[/roll] (-1 for str, -1 for armor, +4 for 40 ft base speed)
    Overrun attempt [roll]1d20+1[/roll] (-1 for str, +2 for charge)

Rolls in OOC....

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Trulhammaren; 2008-01-10 at 06:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

Balthazar

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d10+6)[12]
    Balthazar casts Grease targeting the woman, Ref save DC 14.
    Currently playing as:

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

Hearing the rucus and not having much time to see what's going on, Sharn does the first thing that comes to mind. He stands as quickly as possible and starts to run toward the boat, not realizing until half way there that there happens to be a gnome with a weapon aimed in his direction.

The situation could be more favorable, but if all I had were favorable conditions then I wouldn't be who I am today.

Sharn continues to move forward, forcing a manic grin to hopefully make the sailor think twice before shooting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Had to stand from prone, so only moving 20 sadly. But I'm on my way!

Intimidate - (1d20+1)[13] If I can get away with it
    It is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7
    Sharn Vankessel, Cleric of Team Cougar

14. - Top - End - #164

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher Doc View Post
    Jeff's arrow strikes the woman in the shoulder. She grunts and staggers for a few feet as she starts to run. Shiela begins to charge toward the woman. ...
    Shiela's compact body hurtles into the fleeing woman. The woman gasps at the force of the blow and staggers again, but manages to keep her feet and continues to run.
    Gylvin, Elven Wizard
    Gylvin notices the woman attempting to escape and fires a magic missle at her. Once the missle is released, he then grabs an arrow and prepares to fire at the first opportunity.

Spoiler
    Show

Magic Missle Damage: (1d4+1)[5]
    I don't know if you want a d20 roll to see if the spell comes off, so here's a roll just in case. Add +/- as appropriate: (1d20)[19]
    I hate it when other people use my ideas and don't even bother to give me credit --Anonymous

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." —Mark Twain

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

With a fierce Warcry, Shiela lets out a short spurt of unitnelligable BattleCant, reaching he had out to grab the womn by the shoulder, and throw her to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiating a grapple.
    Touch attack: (1d20+3)[7]
    STR Check: (1d20+3)[5]
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

16. - Top - End - #166

Gylvin's Magic Missile slams into the woman. She cries out and struggles to maintain her feet, her legs barely supporting her. In the next moment, Balthazar's magic creates a slick surface, causing both Shiela and the tall woman to fall. While Shiela merely slips back to the ground she was rising from after her attempted slide tackle, the tall woman's fall in her staggered state is spectacular. The loss in traction causes her feet to go completely out from under her, and she does not put out her hands to catch herself in time. A gasp goes out from the spectators as her head slams into the cobblestones and she lies sprawled awkwardly, her eyes closed and blood starting to pool around her. Shiela crawls a few slippery feet until she is on top of the woman, and establishes that she is unconscious but breathing.

Iva leaps off the dock towards the gnome with the crossbow standing in near the bow of the small boat a few feet away. The gnome throws himself against the mast, amidships, to avoid being overrun. Iva amazingly manages to stick her landing on the deck of the small boat, and turns to face the gnome with the still-loaded crossbow. The gnome in the stern is wide-eyed at the sudden chaos around him, and catches sight of Sharn's wicked grin. His hesitation results in his only action being that he stands in the stern and draws a short sword from his belt.

At the sound of Jeff's shout, the crowd scatters away from the action. The adventurers don't know if the bystanders believed Jeff's words or not, but they seem to be avoiding involvement in the situation, as crowds are wont to do.

The gnome amidships lets fly his crossbow bolt at Iva, only an arms' reach away from him. The bolt lodges deep in her chest, and blood sprays the deck of the small boat.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-01-11 at 05:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

Good, she was still alive, they got what they needed. "Retreat! We have the package, no need to get killed." She yells to her companions before looking towards Iva. "I can't help you up there, Iva!" She warns.
    Assuming her voice lost admist the chaos, the red-head snaps her shield into postion and goes for her sling.
    Spoiler
    Show

No attack actions - ready shield + draw weapon

<<Sorry,didn 't read the OOC thread, first.>>
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2008-01-11 at 06:55 AM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

*THUD*

Sharn hesitates for a moment to look over his shoulder. Sheila was fine, but their quarry was bleeding. An opportunity to... no. There are more important things now.

Continuing his run toward the boat, he extends his hand toward the Gnome with the sword and channels his energies. <Abyssal> "Courage leaves you, swine." </Abyssal>

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving again, hopefully I can make it to the boat this turn. Casting "Cause Fear" DC 13 Will save vs. fear. (Not an Illusion, so no racial bonus to their save)

GM of Narutod20's Team 7

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

The pain from the bolt protruding from her chest was excruciating, and not something Iva would ever want to have to deal with again. With her free hand she grabbed the glass flask containing the firewater and throws it on the floor near the gnome's feet.

With the torch still in hand Iva looks directly at the gnome. "Do anything I don't like, move, breath funny, look the wrong way, and you, me, and everything else on this little boat of yours goes up in flames." She says knowing perfectly well that she might not be able to make it to shore if she really did start a fire on deck and was forced to jump into the water.

In her mind she praying that her bluff works or that Sharn can get to the boat in time to stop the other gnome
    Spoiler
    Show

Flask = ranged attack vs AC 5 = (1d20+3)[14]
    Bluff attempt - (1d20+2)[12]

Sheesh stupid gnome, doesn't he know that I only have so many hp....he could spit on me and knock me out of the race for good...

20. - Top - End - #170

RedWizardGuy

Gylvin

Gylvin is torn about what he should do next. He stars in horror as Iva is struck in the chest by a cross bow bolt. He looks over and sees their quarry laying on the street bleeding from a nasty head wound.

Gylvin thinks to himself:"Dam. Several options and none of them good" Gylvin decides that since the more "combat" oriented party members can handle the gnomes on the boat, he should try and help the strange woman on the ground. He carefully approaches and if he sees that the ground is still slick, he gets on hands & knees to crawl across the slick area that caused Shiela and the target to fall. Once there, he attempts to provide whatever first aid he can. His Intent is to stabilze here until proper medical attention can be given.

Spoiler
    Show

Healing attempt (1 rank healing): (1d20+1)[4]
    Balance Check for crossing greasy area (if needed): (1d20+3)[16]

EDIT: LOL! This is why I didn't go to medical school!
    Last edited by strongoak; 2008-01-11 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Correct action statements

21. - Top - End - #171

Kobold

Jeff

Hang in there Iva! Help is on it's way!He starts running towards the boat,putting his bow on his shouleders draws his swords and attempts to jump onto it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jump - (1d20+2)[5]-1 from armor check penalty...
    Last edited by Bayar; 2008-01-11 at 02:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Gylvin keeps his footing, but his clumsy attempts at first aid do not seem to slow the woman's bleeding.
    Jeff barely makes the five foot jump onto the boat, having to steady himself with a hand on the gunnel as he lands near the gnome amidships.
    The gnome at the mast lowers his unloaded crossbow without daring to break eye contact with Iva.
    The gnome in the stern is shaken by Shorn's spell, but holds his position at the rudder, steering the boat further away from shore while keeping his short sword en garde.

23. - Top - End - #173

Spoiler
    Show

Since it hasn't come up for my turn yet, I'm, assuming I can change actions since the woman has been dealt with.
    I'd like to instead cast Grease on the rudder. DC 14 for the gnome using it to be able to continue to use the rudder.

Last edited by Karaswanton; 2008-01-12 at 09:53 AM.
    Currently playing as:

24. - Top - End - #174

RedWizardGuy

Gylvin, Elven Wizardd

"I'm about out of useful spells" Gylvin says to Shiela. "What do you think about Balthazar and I dragging the woman back to the guild before she dies? We'd need you to cover our back though." Balthazar, can you come here?"

Gylvin hates the idea of splitting the party, but he's confident that Sharn, Jeff & Iva can handle the two gnomes. The strange woman must be saved or the whole mission was for nothing.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela
    "I don't need two people, I may barely even need one." Shiela responds quickly, her eyes darting around and assessing the field.
    "You're decent with a bow. Use it." she finally declares before calling across the field to Balthazar.
    "Balthazar, you're with me!"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

26. - Top - End - #176

Meanwhile, Balthazar's spell that he cast just before Sharn and Jeff reached the boat took effect, slickening the rudder of the small boat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex - (1d20)[10]

The gnome loses his grip on the rudder, and the boat starts to turn slowly in one spot, the small land-bound waves pushing opposite the pull of the breeze in the sail.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-01-13 at 06:28 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Noticing the gnome had fallen for her bluff and that the other gnome was having difficulties with the steering mechanism Iva decided that she might as well try to talk these two into dropping their weapons.

"Its good that you can see reason, now that we have an understanding I think it is best that you and your friend back there slowly put your weapons on the ground at your feet and gather yourself around the mast where I can keep an eye on you both." Iva says loud enough for the two gnomes to hear and understand her clearly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Good ole diplomacy - (1d20+7)[10]
    Disregard next bit if this fails

Turning her attention to her comrades, while still keeping her eyes on the two gnomes. Now then, Jeff if you wouldn't mind taking care of these gentlemen's weapons and perhaps taking a look in that box it would be mighty appreciated, and if you don't mind Sharn see if you can get this boat under control, I'll keep my eye on these two."
    Last edited by Trulhammaren; 2008-01-13 at 12:02 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos5150 View Post
    Shiela
    "I don't need two people, I may barely even need one." Shiela responds quickly, her eyes darting around and assessing the field.
    "You're decent with a bow. Use it." she finally declares before calling across the field to Balthazar.
    "Balthazar, you're with me!"
    Gylvin

Gylvin says to Shiela: "I suggested Balthazar & I carry her so that you would be free to step in if an ambush happens. You're leaving yourself open for a surprise attack w/ no way to defend yourself unless you drop her. An opponent will have advantage over you for several seconds. Of course, I'm sure you've already prepared for that contingency. After all, you've probably gained a lot of experience in your 16 years.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check against Shiela (Because there's no "Biting Sarcasm skill): (1d20-1)[14]

Gylvin then turns and heads towards the dock. He readies his bow and stands guard at the end of the dock. He will draw his bow and take aim at anyone (except a guild member or city guard) who approaches the dock.

He thinks to himself "I hope that young human pup doesn't get Balthazar killed. Typical fighter, more bicep than brains."
    Last edited by strongoak; 2008-01-13 at 10:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Balthazar

Balthazar instinctively follows after Shiela, wondering if it is the right tactical decision. Curse my dwarfish respect for authority! Oh well, I doubt I can get into any more trouble than I'm already in.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Yay, my Grease spell worked this time! In case nobody has noticed, it's my favorite spell. :)
    Last edited by Karaswanton; 2008-01-13 at 12:11 PM.
    Currently playing as:

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sharn

"Secure the boat. Right." Sharn looks around for some rope and, if found, attempts to secure the craft to the dock.

Why the blazes am I doing this? I am a divine vessel, not a bloody knot... tying... person. I should have paid attention in my Nautical Skills class.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[17]
    Use Rope check. I really hope this works.
    Last edited by Jensik; 2008-01-13 at 04:56 PM.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7