Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 155
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Summoning of lost wizards

    World politics

    Most of the Orcs, goblins, Kobold Tribes are aligned under the Tribal Council.

    Human, Xeph, Wood elves are aligned as the Union.

    The tribal Council and The Union have agreed to live in peace.

    College of Arcanum does not publicly take sides between the Tribal Council or the Union.

    Wild Elves and dark dwarves are dark outsider against both groups.




    The Game Start


    Lady Sarah Windrage has sent each of you an invitation to meet with her over an offer she has for you. Lady Sarah is one of three highest nobles of the Human land. She resides in a small tower just North of Graydin, a small smithing villiage in the Northern part of the human plains.

    The guards in front of the tower are quick to let you in at the mention of your names. After you are escorted to a dining hall by different guards. Once there you are greeted by a man who introduces himself as William. William apologizes on behalf of Lady Sarah and says she should be here soon, but insists that you have a seat and enjoy one another's company until then. A number of servants bring food and drink but avoid eye contact.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vivi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm right behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    I take a sip of wine and start talking to the person to the right of me "Who are you? Have we met?"
    Last edited by vivi; 2007-12-19 at 11:52 AM.
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

    this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

    thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

    Spoiler
    Show

    Best:

    Runner up:

    3rd:


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Rexob Qoten


    Qoten was... curious.

    He'd been brought to this location by invitation. And that was where his testing had begun - the courier didn't mention what was in the letter, exactly. It was a test if he could read.

    Curious, and a bit bothersome; the standard procedure from a human noble was to vocalize the request with respect. Still, Qoten could handle a mild test or two. He wasn't particularly bothered by what the human nobility did; he wasn't one.

    At the entrance to the tower, he noted one of the guards staring at him during his entry. It took a moment to read him - that wasn't the 'skeptical' look, nor was it a hostile look. It was more of an astonished look than anything else... the human likely had never seen an orc before.

    Qoten stood at a massive 6'4, and had deep emerald skin. He's extremely muscular - arms rippling with strength, legs similarly thick from walking. He was wearing a vest, and it was open, showing that he had a lifter's build from a strongarms - he didn't lift weights, so his stomach was firm but smooth, whereas his upper body, arms, and legs were muscular. He was barefoot, and wore shorts that were the deep blue-and-white colors of his tribe. Beyond his vest, baggy shorts, and backpack, he wasn't wearing anything else.

    Now, to an orc, he'd be likely more compared to a human than to an orc. He was short for his tribe, after all, and his tusks were painfully small, not to mention his hands weren't nearly large enough, his ears were far too human-shaped as opposed to large and batlike, and his legs were overly long. The only thing which seemed particularly orcish about him to an orc was his skin color, which was a very deep green.

    But that was his lot in life.. he was an orc to humans, a human to orcs.

    All of this brisked through his head in the flash of a moment. His statement of 'Rexob Qoten' let him in (After a moment of the designated guard looking... he'd forgotten that humans name their personal names first, then their family names. Which was absolutely backwards in his mind, but hey).

    People who knew tailoring would know that his clothing was of astonishingly good quality despite being very thin - comfortable, but firm. He'd spent a lot of time working on it.

    Inside, he glanced around at the food. Very much human-based - some meat, but not a ton of it, and everything was there to be split into smaller portions. Fortunately, he'd inherited his incredible stomach from his orcish side, and thus could handle about anything. Opening his mouth, he placed an apple into it and swallowed it whole, relishing in the small bump it made on his slightly elastic throat on the way down. He sat down into a chair, fairly hard, and sat there, his ears shifting towards sounds.

    His eyes shifted over the empty seat next to him, to the man who had spoken, and responded. "I do not think we have met. I am Rexob Qoten. 'Course, humans find it appropriate t'explain their own names first, eh?"

    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    (OOC: Hope I got the right flavor and feeling down - I'm unsure how this particular RP will work, heh, so hopefully this helps)
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2007-12-18 at 08:49 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ...Go on! hit "back"!

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Next to Quoten sits Mordak, mumbling and trying to transform his food. He
    looks disgruntled, and observes the conversation to the right of him without contributing to their thoughts.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Sitting at the table, Omara fills her plate with food making sure to get some of the more unfamiliar dishes in addition to the familiar ones.

    "Well, I suppose we might as well introduce ourselves. My name is Omara Bast, an alchemist and minor study of the arts of Evocation. I'm not sure what this offer that Lady Windrage has for us is, but I suspect she has more in mind than a large shipment of Thunder stones."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    A half-elf sits across the table from Mordak, pointing at her food for a few moments (with a fork, thank you very much) before having a tentative sip from her glass - and then another, much more certain (and larger) one. She is somewhat on the tall side, although not stunningly so, with a slightly ragged look that indicates she didn't spend a lot of time preparing. In fact, this time was likely none at all, given how her straw-blond hair looks - and that she received her invitation quite recently, and in a middle of a research experiment, was only half of it. From what's visible from the table, she wears simple dark grey robes of good make and maintenance, a decorative shawl, and no jewelry apart from a single earring.

    She doesn't seem particularly interested in her environs at first, although eventually she picks up the theme of the convesation. Not unless she is under the impression that we are teamsters, and I doubt that's the case. Well, I can't help but wonder about him. I am Khemalee, by the way. Nice to meet you.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-19 at 09:47 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vivi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm right behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    The red robed man who first spoke said "My name Dave"
    He then took another sip of wine, raising his voice this time, he spoke again, "Wheres the Windrage lady!"
    Last edited by vivi; 2007-12-19 at 11:52 AM.
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

    this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

    thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

    Spoiler
    Show

    Best:

    Runner up:

    3rd:


  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    The servants jump at Dave's raised voice, one of them even drops a tray. William comes over to the table.

    "Let me apologize again on the Lady Sarah tardiness. I am certain she will be here shortly.", he says return to the servant who drop the dish, and striking him with the back of his hand. At the same time while William's back is turned one of the servants drop a piece of paper on the table quickly before running back to the kitchen.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Help us. William and his men have taken Lady Sarah and is stalling till it's too late.



    (OOC Note: Love the characters so far.)

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vivi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm right behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Dave whispers to Omara, "Ready a magic missile to capture William" Dave then finished off his glass of wine.

    I ready a ray of frost under the table
    Last edited by vivi; 2007-12-19 at 08:44 PM.
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

    this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

    thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

    Spoiler
    Show

    Best:

    Runner up:

    3rd:


  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Rexob Qoten

    Qoten... raised an eyebrow, at Omara.

    Interesting. She very vocally stated that she utilized evocation. Of course, odds were that anyone who knew what specifically 'evocation' was wouldn't cause problems, but that was still a surprising statement to hear, as he was used to people keeping silent about their professions.

    Introductions went around, and he factored them all away in his head, just for now, noting the reaction of the servants. He placed one hand to his chin as the note fell, glancing at the others - it was fairly clear the note had been read.

    He stood, then, covering the paper with one hand as part of the pseudo-casual standing motion. If there was anything an 'orc' could do well, it was to be a distraction - he was good at gathering attention.

    Thus, he shifted a little closer to William, keeping his tone pleasant. "Sorry... I don't mind to be impatient. I can see that your servants are also nervous. Is it possible we can help her finish what she is doing? Most problems can be solved by multiple people with keen minds all working on it, after all."

    He'd been raised for some time among orcs, and thus kept his hands away from the orcish double axe on his back - he didn't want to seem hostile with the question, just curious.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Fonkin

    A small thin gnome enters the room, flanked by a large man.

    The two appear polar opposites. The gnome is small, thin, richly dressed with an arrogant condescending frown for everything he sees. The man appears tall, bulky, in bland robes, and a blank smile on his face. The gnome carries a small pack and wisps as he moves. His companion carries nothing but a comically large axe, far out of proportion to his body, and he moves with an almost supernatural silence.

    Upon entrance to the room, they head for a place at the table. The man stands behind the gnome while he climbs up onto the chair. Standing there, he frowns at the food, his natural paranoia kicks in and he pulls out a hip flask for a drink.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The tall man is a silent image spell that Fonkin concentrates on when traveling. He uses the man as a distraction if combat comes up, and as a deterrent against those that may attack a lone gnome.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Hmm?" she looks at Dave quizzically. "Why do we need to..."

    She turns to look at William, pondering the situation. She could use a magic missile or two to attack... but that could kill him. She thinks for a moment and looks at the ceiling, checking to see how much clearance William has over his head. If its at least fifteen feet, she could probably create a Fiery Burst right over his head to light his hair on fire... that ought to intimidate him enough to surrender. She also looks to see how many lit candles or other sources of fire there are, or if she would have to make some.

    Of course, she would probably need to know why they had to capture him, yeah. That would be something to find out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vivi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm right behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Dave, seeing Omara's confusion, explained "we need to capture him to interrogate him"

    Dave checks to see how many guards are in the room
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

    this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

    thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

    Spoiler
    Show

    Best:

    Runner up:

    3rd:


  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    the ceiling is about 20 feet high. There are only 2 guards in the room. William replies, "Lady Sarah is simply preparing her offer. I imagine she will not be much longer."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vivi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm right behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Dave whispered to Omara again, "Omara, you take the guards down, I'll hit William with a ray of frost, Not enough to kill 'em, but hopefully enough to get him to surrender"

    Now Dave spoke to everyone, quiet enough so William and the guards didn't hear him, "Eveyone, prepare to cast spells to capture/kill the guards"
    Last edited by vivi; 2007-12-20 at 11:11 PM.
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

    this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

    thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

    Spoiler
    Show

    Best:

    Runner up:

    3rd:


  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Okay." She replies and prepares to strike with a burst of fire as soon as someone else starts casting. If both guards are close enough, she tries to hit both of them. Otherwise she goes for the one closest to her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fiery Burst reserve feat. creates a 10-foot radius burst of fire

    Damage: (2d6)[3] Reflex save DC 16 halves damage.
    Last edited by Randel; 2007-12-20 at 10:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vivi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm right behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Dave leans his head into the middle of the table, and speaks softly, "Everyone, ready to use your skills to save lady windrage?" Dave looks around to see if his fellow casters agree with him.
    Last edited by vivi; 2007-12-21 at 07:13 PM.
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

    this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

    thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

    Spoiler
    Show

    Best:

    Runner up:

    3rd:


  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    <OOC>
    Spoiler
    Show

    Say, can I have a quick description of William? I know what I'd like to do, but it may change depending on what he generally looks like
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by vivi View Post
    Dave looks at everyone at the table, "Everyone, ready to use your skills to save lady windrage?" Dave looks around to see if his fellow casters agree with him.
    ((OOC: wait, is this loud enough that the guards can hear us? Also, what does William look like? Is he strong, frail, armed or mage-like?))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-21 at 05:51 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vivi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm right behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    ((OOC: no, like in a low voice or something, I'll fix it, and we need an out of character thread))
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

    this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

    thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

    Spoiler
    Show

    Best:

    Runner up:

    3rd:


  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Williams is physical tall but thin. He is wearing fancy clothing and no armour.

    (OOC: fiery burst off now or when everyone acts?)
    Last edited by warlock2000; 2007-12-21 at 08:46 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    ((Ditto on the OOC thread. Anyway, did Alter Self remain legit for this game or was it banned?))

    The half-elf remains with one hand on the cup, but her other one falls to her waist as she innocuously (and quietly) says Pardon me? I didn't hear right.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-21 at 09:13 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Fonkin

    Fonkin in a normal speaking voice, What is all this nonsense? Saving who? As he glares at the stranger attempting to take charge.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Before she attacks, (I did say she is waiting, so I guess its a readied action) she whispers to the others. "Well... I will glady use my skills to help out Lady Windrage. But I'm afraid I don't have much in the way of non-lethel or non-pyrotechnic spells prepared. If anyone has can just knock the guards out or put them to sleep that might be best."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Rexob Qoten

    Qoten glanced at the remainder of those assembled.

    Again curious. Odds were, there was more to this event than met the eye. After all, Qoten knew nothing of the political structure behind this; perhaps this was a ploy by Lady Sarah, to get them to act. Or perhaps a lot of things, but he had noted how the servants had reacted - he'd interacted with goblins enough to know when someone was afraid.

    And he was not exactly one to hesitate when his heart told him to act. And thus, with a fierce swing, he both removed and swung his double axe at William.

    Part of this, now, was to test the man's reaction. The man had left him his weapon - that implied that he was either stupid, or had a plan in motion. If it was the latter, the open nature in which Omara had revealed her arcane nature suggested that William knew they were mages - and thus was likely to have defenses against this. This was testing the waters, so to speak.

    And as usual, this forethought was here and gone in a flash, as only the effects of his swing remained.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Hm. I'm putzy with the board roller, but:

    (1d20)[2] + 5 (To-hit)
    (1d8)[5] + 4 (For damage, if necessary)
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2007-12-22 at 06:54 AM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vivi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm right behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Dave grabs the note and gives it to the gnome.
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

    this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

    thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

    Spoiler
    Show

    Best:

    Runner up:

    3rd:


  27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Fonkin

    Taking the note, Fonkin sniffs contemptuously, Well that's nice, this is a waste of my time. She shouldn't have called me here if she wasn't ready, I wait for no one.

    With that Fonkin drops the note, jumps down from his perch and heads for the door, the big man follows behind him. If no one stops him, he will position himself to Color Spray William and the Guards. If one of those three attempts to stop him he will send Turin (the big man) through the door and tell them that he is going home.

    OOC:((I am I really the only one that has noticed that as of right now I'm the only one that has actually read the note, and everyone else is just playing a game of "omniscient character?" Unless the note is a written on a white board you'd have to pick it up to read it, and no one has said anything about their character actually paying attention to the note at all. You've all just decided to follow the orders of the crazy guy who's acting entirely on OOC knowledge.))

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ...Go on! hit "back"!

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Mordak prepares to use Launch Bolt for when the fight begins. He sits up in his chair and grumbles quietly about having to use magic for battle. Mordak is a pacifist.
    Last edited by Lord Afro; 2007-12-22 at 01:18 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Rexob Qoten draws his blade and strikes William. The reaction on his face is anger before he can act Fonkin Unleashes a color spray which the guards fall to the ground out cold and Williams eyes glaze over white.

    (Sorry for such a delay in reply, RL stuff was busy)
    Last edited by warlock2000; 2007-12-23 at 04:38 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vivi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm right behind you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Dave shoots a ray of frost at William, doing (1d3)[3] damage. Dave speaks "Surrender or die!"

    If William doesn't surrender Dave shoots a scorching ray at him.
    Last edited by vivi; 2007-12-22 at 04:07 PM.
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

    this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

    thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

    Spoiler
    Show

    Best:

    Runner up:

    3rd:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •