New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

William steps back when the ray Strikes him. "Ah, I can't see. I surrender.", he says as he lowers to one knee.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave looks at the guards "Drop your weapons!" Dave commanded.
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

(OOC: The guards are not awake.)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC:Why? Drunk?)

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

OldWizardGuy

(OOC: Because I knocked them both unconscious and blinded William, while you were busy doing 3 damage.)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC I thought you just got William!)

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

"Ah, that should work."

She reaches into her bag and pulls out a length of hemp rope and some shears. She proceeds to bind Williams hands and feet as soon as he drops his weapons. She uses the shears to cut off what length of rope is used to bind William so she can bind up the guards as well.

If anyone else offers to help tie up the guards she cuts off some 5-foot lengths for them to use.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

The guards and William are bound, William's eyes return to normal and the guards wake up. William looks up at the lot of you, "How did you know?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

The half-elf shrugs as her colleagues do the work for her, and gives William a half-smile. It would take a few years of training to understand it... Let's just say we have our ways.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-24 at 10:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Why did you? What did you have to gain?"Dave looks at Omara to see if she's done. If not, he helps.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

"Plenty, although these peasants love the Lady many with powers far beyond her little villages and guard do not. She wants to bring the more powerful to the same level as these pathetic servants. With all you yourselves have given up to learn the mysteries behind the Arcane, do you feel that you should be entitled to rise above the mass? Or course you do. No one can change the world. Besides you may as well let me go, I am certain by now my partner has already taken Sara north to the drop off point by now."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Where is the drop off point!"

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

OldWizardGuy

Fonkin

Of course skilled Arcanists are superior to street rabble. This will never change. But this has nothing to do with the Lady's work. What could she being doing that threatens you so? Are you not sure of your superiority? Are you not confident?

Spoiler
    Show
    After reading that, it appears to be an attempt at Diplomacy (1d20-2)[4] though I hate to roll with my crappy modifier. I like the words better.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

"The drop off point is in a clearing of the forest North of this tower. But by now she should be there.", he turns his head towards Fonkin, "Lady Sarah plans to devise a way that all races may learn the Arcane as equals and to make it much simpler to research for those lesser wizards. As for me, lets say I know my own abilities and where I stand."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

Khemalee watches on with interest. In times like these, I can't help but regret I didn't study more mind-magic... oh well, perhaps any of the others will have a trick or two up their sleaves. Let's see if this one is as talkative as he appears. How delightfully ironic. Well now, one way or another raising a hand against Lady Sarah is a serious offense against law and Union. If she's not returned, or Gods forbid, if she's dead, you'll pray for a swift death - I rather doubt your patrons will view you as important enough to merit support.

She pauses a little, taking the measure of the man. If you value what little of your life is left, I suggest you cooperate with us. What did you plan on doing with the lady, and where would you take her?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-24 at 02:56 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

a short laugh escapes his lips, "We were to bring her alive, so unless she taken the liberty to end her own life, she still breaths. As for my life I accepted the chance of my capture, but it would be better then failing this client."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Client? Who's the client?!" Dave starting thinking of the many tribes, could one of them be this "Client"?

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

a thin smile appears on his face. "the College of Arcanum. Or at least a wizard who works for them I am not certain which. The school's seal was at the end of the hiring document."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

"You're not certain which?" Omara looks at the tied-up William. Raising an eyebrow. "Let me get this straight... you kidnapped Lady Windrage, who is one of the most powerful people in the realm and loved by many, for somebody who you don't even know, and did this right on the very day that a bunch of people with the power to re-write creation are invited to engage in business with her?"

She holds her pair of shears in one hand and promptly snips off a length of rope long enough to use as a gag.

"So tell me, what the hell did you personally hope to gain form all this? Because you better hope it involves the power to regrow lost limbs."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

The half-elf looks at her colleague with some not-so-veiled amusement, but the prisoner's comment draws a chuckle from her. A hiring document, for that job? If I see it, I'm patching you for free or giving you a burial when she's done. That's starting to sound a little too improbable...Still, as the old man said, we are in the impossibilities business. I suppose I should have paid a little more attention on those college gatherings...

She appears lost in thought for a moment before catching Omara's hand. Anyway, miss, I think you have to be with the official agencies to do the kind of thing I think you're planning... Or a blood relative of the aggrieved party. Do try not to get too far; I don't know you long enough to get in trouble on your behalf.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Knowledge: arcana: (1d20+8)[28] to remember anything about political or other divisions in the College that may be relevant... I suppose local could also apply, but I assume that arcana also covers basic information about the organizations of magic practitioners.))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-27 at 09:39 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

William's turns to Omara, "Interesting comments.", then turns to Khemalee, "That document is with my partner. But since I am certain he will be back afterword, I am sure you may have a chance to see it."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

The half-elf goes back to the table, taking another long sip of the drink. Hm, those glasses are kind of small. You keep at it, dear colleagues, I think I'm going to check the kitchen, and hope those were all of William's men she says, nonchalantly, heading for the door the servants came from.. When she's out of sight, she looks around carefully to see if there are any servants nearby. If so, she beckons to the first and asks him quietly Hey, do you know just what happened to the Lady?.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

As Khemalee leaves the discussion you see a servant peeking through the door to the kitchen. After hearing the question he answers, "They took Lady Sarah only a few minutes before you arrived. Their was many of them, one of them wore a black suit of armour. I think he was the leader, that thing in there was with him. After they left it changed it's features to look like the Lady's personal servant William. I think the sealed the real guards down stairs.", He appears to nervous.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

Khemalee nods to the servant in thanks and asks, in the same hushed voice Are there any more of them than those in here?. If he (or she, what gender is the servant anyway?) says no, she would continue Then lead me to them... Actually, no, wait. Hey, er, Rexob! Come over here, you've got to see this. she continues by calling for the orc-blood loudly.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

He replies,

"I think so. I know at least two at the door the the basement where they locked up Lady Sarah's personal Alchemist."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Rexob Qoten

The half-orc... had been watching William intently.

Curious. The human was a veritable fountain of information.

Now, he wasn't exactly the best judge of people, but he was watching intently - it seemed he simply didn't have a spine. Or, potentially, that he valued his health more than he valued his reputation.

Still, Qoten found his responses curious, which is why he didn't immediately shift when asked to shift, keeping his eyes intently on Willaim a moment longer, before walking over.

"What did you have in mind?" Qoten could correct her as to his name later - it wasn't particularly focal now, and being referred to by his tribe's name didn't particularly bother him.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

Khemalee had frowned when she heard there were two more intruders, and she gives Qoten a thoughtful look as he comes by. I don't trust that over-talkative snake, and this man said he changed his shape to look like the real William. Anyway, there are some more of them - two, apparently keeping guard over the Lady's alchemist. We ought to handle them, but someone should stay to look over those ones, she says, nodding towards the prisoners. Do you think you have something to take care of a guard or two, or should we call for some of the others to come?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-30 at 08:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

Omara listens to the conversations. So the 'William' they have tied up is an impostor? They should probably go find the closest person in charge... or at least someone who can give her the permission to take that annoying smile off this impostors face.

"I'm not sure what this is all about, but I'm willing to help you guys get things sorted out. I have some spells prepared, one that can disguise me, one that grants invisibility, another that makes fire explode and blind people... and a ray that really messes with peoples coordination. The others are mostly used to light things on fire."

She reaches into a pocket and takes out a little jewelry box, opening that, she pulls out a small bright pearl.

"I made this a while ago, it can help recall a simple spell once a day." She holds it out to the gnome. "I think that spell you used to take out these guys will come in handy. I can let you prepare it again from this if you wish."

Slyly she adds "Once this is over with I can give you a decent price for your own."
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

OldWizardGuy

Fonkin

I've heard of such items, though I lack the power to make them myself. Fonkin takes the Pearl and concentrates, pulling his memories back together.

Handing it back to her, he smiles, The only thing I worry about is this man, based on how little it affected him he must be strong indeed. I now understand his confidence, though he his openness does surprise me.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

She puts her pearl back in its box and puts it away.

"Yes, I must say he didn't seem very worried... and the servant said 'it changed its features'... I wonder."

She looks back at William and then holds up her shears. (They are part of her crafting tools... yeah, thats the ticket)

"I think that our friend here is either a doppleganger or a spellcaster who used a disguise spell. The servant said they took the Lady a few minutes before we arrived. This is either a disguise spell, some kind of shape-altering spell, or a natural shape changing ability."

She turns to the others. "Do you think he could use a haircut? If he's a spellcaster the hair should change color, doppleganger it should turn into scalp."
    Last edited by Randel; 2007-12-31 at 02:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show