New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

((BTW, could we emulate that William's voice with ghost sound?))

Wait, you said something about a man in black armor... What happened to him, is he among the people here? Khemalee asks the servant, frowning that everyone has come here when she was trying to be sneaky.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave asks "Does anyone mind if I blow up "William"?"

Dave gets ready to use scorching ray on the impostor.
    Last edited by vivi; 2007-12-31 at 02:49 PM.
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

The servant, "No he left with Lady Sarah just before you arrived here"

William grins at Dave's comment, he pushes his back against the wall and starts to use the wall to stand up, "Now why would you want to attack me? I think that I have explained why we're here, I have really resisted at all."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

OldWizardGuy

Fonkin

I would mind. Though I would mind more because you might provoke him to action where now he seems content to pretend capture.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Mordak

That's too bad..I would have liked practicing my transformation on him.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

Seeing their shape shifting impostor prisoner slowly climbing to his feet while smirking, Omara sighs.

"For the love of... lets just kill this guy, we obviously can't expect him to stay captured and I don't know if any of us are good at wrestling people down. Remind me to get some sturdy manacles if we plan on taking any more prisoners."

She opens the palm of her hand and conjures a burst of fire centered on 'William'.

Fire Damage: (2d6)[6] reflex 16 halves.

She walks up to William and shoves his to the ground again, face down so his bound hands are visible.

She asks the servant. "So, what did this guy look like before he disguised himself as William?"

[[OOC: Sorry guys, I crossed out my fire attack. Not that I don't want to kill him but I realize that setting off area fire attacks could burn the building down. Darn it, I seriously need to get some mundane equipment.]]
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-01-01 at 12:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

With his back to the wall he doesn't really push to the ground but against the wall. The servant, "Well he still looked like a person, just alot different."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

Omara uses her shears to cut off some of Williams hair, then holds it away from him to see how it changes.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

The hair you cut off quickly turns to sand as it gets more then a foot away.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave uses scorching ray on William.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack roll:range touch attack (1d20+3)[16]
    Damage:(4d6)[10]

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

The half-elf looks like she would protest at the fire-spells, but eventually just shrugs and comes a bit closer. She appears particularly interested in what happens to the hair afterwards...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft check to identify illusion: (1d20+13)[18]

If "William" is knocked out by the spell but not completely dead, she'd intervene by saying Enough, he shouldn't be any trouble for the time being. . If he doesn't seem quite that hurt, she goes to the evoker and taps her shoulder. Don't forget there are more of his men around. That, and that combat spells can destroy evidence. she says quietly.

If he is quite dead, she will come by and examine the corpse carefully both for the (obvious and less so) causes of death and anything on him.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-01-02 at 09:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

Omara gets out of the way of the spells and moves over to show the others the sand.

"Strange... his hair turned into sand once I cut it off. My first guess is that... well... in his natural form he's made of sand or something and he altered his shape so this reverted to its natural form when separated. Either that or he's wearing some kind of clay toupee."

She tries to find out what William is or what could cause this.

Knowledge(arcana):(1d20+9)[14]
    Knowledge(the planes):(1d20+7)[27]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+10)[26]
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-01-03 at 10:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dave's ray strikes William who collapses back, his appearance distorts for a moment. Too quickly to see what he returns to the form of William. "How dare you!", William shouts at Dave with a dark eyes. The area struck by the ray seems to shine like glass.

(OOC: Sorry about the wait, family member had to go into surgery and I had to prioritize. )

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

"I think I know what this guy is... I heard about some kind of rare monster found on the Elemental Plane of Earth. A sand-like creature that can shift into any shape but when bound and questioned it has to give at least a partially true response... kind of like every other creature in the universe."

She sighs.

"If that's the case then I have two questions: After we melt you down to glass, will you reform back on your home plane? And are you willing to sit down, shut up, and wait for the authorities to arrive so that we don't have to melt you down to glass?"

She calls some of the servants over and asks them to send someone to get guards from the town... or wherever they are sure they can get loyal guards from. If William agrees to stay put then Omara lets the servants keep him under watch.

If William refuses to stay captured she uses a fiery burst and has the servants get water. She also recommends the others continue on while she deals with William, no need to wast anymore spells on him.

Fiery Burst (reserve feat):(2d6)[8]

(OOC: Yikes, sorry about the emergency. Hope it goes well.))
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-01-06 at 02:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

William's eyes widen at Omara words. He bows down, "I will behave."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

Khemalee rolls her eyes at the entire affair The school of evocation in a nutshell: see the world, meet different creatures, and blast them to pieces.and looks around to see if any of her colleagues is still around and ready to take care of the other guards. Unless the orcblood has decided to join in the "fun," she nods to the door and says Shall we?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-01-07 at 05:27 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Rexob Qoten

Qoten... exhaled, rolling his eyes.

He spent a moment, watching the scene unfold before him.

"Such a blatant disregard f'r life... it's clear that y'can stop attacking him at this point."

He crossed his arms, shaking his head. "As our friend here 'as pointed out - " - He gestured towards the gnome, who had not given his name yet, "- he seems quite content t'be captured at this point, and 'as stated several times dat he 'ntends to cooperate. There is no need t'keep badger'n him, whether with spells or martial talent."

The scene actually bothered him more than he liked. Shifting, he nodded to Khemalee. "Let's. If we run into more trouble than we can 'andle, we can always turn back."
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2008-01-07 at 11:19 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

Disregard for life? This... creature worked with those who captured the Lady Windrage, impersonated an official, beat a servant right in front of them, and had seemed... amused at being captured. Once she found out it was a shape-changer she just had to be certain that the thing wouldn't get up and gut the servants when they left... it had certainly seemed inclined to get up even when they were right there.

As it was, the creature was extraplaner... then what was this 'hiring document' it spoke of? Rare monsters from other planes don't just answer to bulletins, someone had summoned or gated the creature here for this job. And it spoke of a partner...

She keeps these thoughts to herself and just listens to what the others have planned.

Though she does open up her spell component pouch and pull out an empty vial, carefully pouring the little bit of 'sand' she had gotten from the creatures hair. If 'William' decides to pull a disappearing act then this could at least provide a focus for tracking him down later. His lack of concern could mean that he intends to planeshift out once his job here is done.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Khemalee and Rexob Qoten go out the door into the hall.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

((Is anyone else coming with us?))

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

Omara steps into the hall with Khemalee and Qoten. "If you are going to free the real guards I would gladly like to help you. I... admit I'm not the best when it comes to dealing with unsavory characters so I would like to get the proper authorities of this castle freed so they can decide what to do with him."

At that last bit she motions in the direction of the shapechanger, she still doesn't like him and frankly wants to get the guards to deal with him before she does.

She looks at the hall they are in, checking how much of the area and decor is flammable or expensive. She starts to wonder why she didn't learn to conjure ice or lightning instead of fire.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave follows Khemalee and Rexob.

((I have been having internet connection problems lately, so I can't post as often))

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

(vivi I understand I have had a similar problem as of late. I will just have you follow the group when you don't post ok?)

As the four of you enter the hall point down the east hall way, "that way, the third door on the left is the entrance to the stairs. At the bottom is the tower cells you should find the real guards and Alchemist there."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

Omara moves with the others toward the door and the stairs, heading towards the cells and keeping careful watch for signs of any attackers.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

The half-elf looks at the others with interest before proceeding down the stairs. So, has any of you prepared spells that could be useful for subduing those "guards?" I did not honestly expect a battle today, so at most I could soften them up somewhat.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-01-13 at 05:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

"Well, I have a few on hand... Burning Hands, Ray of Clumsiness, Pyrotechnics... magic missile to a lesser extent, and I can repeatedly create 10-foot wide bursts of fire. Though that generally makes 'subdue' turn into 'light on fire' and there may be a teeny bit of collateral damage in the process."

"It kind of annoys me that Quench is a druid only spell... stupid druids... I'll show them who can prevent forest fires. Not me, because they hog the only spell that would let me."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

The half-elf bites her lower lip for a moment, nodding. Yes, it may be preferable to avoid setting the lady's home on fire... and if we can avoid killing those men, all the better. I'm sure the authorities would prefer to question them. I was thinking something along the lines of a sleep spell or some such...

In the meantime, you could always start working on a spell to put out fires, I'd think. My mentor said you can't really call yourself a mage until there's a spell in your book you yourself invented. Anyway, what about you, gentlemen?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

"Hmmm... wait a sec, can't we re-prepare our spells if we have 15 minutes? I think we should try a quick strike, go down to the cells, give the fake guards a blast of color spray." she nods to Fonkin, "Get their keys and release the real guards, let the real guards work out what to do, and we can spend 15 minutes getting some proper spells prepared."
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Rexob Qoten

The half-orc raised one hand, and there was a momentary shimmer as arcane patterns leapt from it, causing him to glow for an instant before fading.

He then listened to the conversations at hand, responding after the others had.

"I have the capability t'disable with color spray myself." He mentioned. "'though I'm a bit better at calling. Worse comes to worse, I juxtapose m'self in front'f them."

He ran his tongue along his tusks, thoughfully, at the last comment. "Huh, y'can do it in fifteen? Th'only way I've ever found it done was t'rest for eight hours, unless I don't memorize as much's I can in da mornin'. Anyway, dat sounds good t'me. Mind if I lead the way?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spell used was mage armour, as a note.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

Khemalee nods at the half-orc with a wordless "Good" as they go. Omara's comment seems to slightly confuse her, however, and she gives the evoker (evokress?) a doubtful look. I... don't really follow what you mean. Unless you've had some very special training, renewing your magical capacity should take a good rest and some study. It is certainly possible to prepare spells at a later time, but to regain the capacity to prepare and cast them you'd need a lot more than fifteen minutes.

((OOC: ok, unless I'm very wrong, you can only prepare spells after 8 hours of rest + 1 of preparation. The 15 minute thing is only if you've left empty slots at the beginning of the day and wish to fill them at a later time))