Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 155
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    You all arrive at the door to the stairs down.

    (Sorry Randel, I am not sure what you are referring to about the 15 minutes.)

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    ((Sorry, I just rechecked the rules and found out I was mistaken. While I can leave some spell slots blank after resting an preparing spells for the day, I can't lose previously prepared spells in order to prepare a new one in that slot. My mistake.))

    "Hmm... yeah, I guess I was mistaken."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    ((Do we hear something? Also, what about whether ghost sound can imitate a certain person's voice?))

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Omara puts her ear against the door to hear what is going on on the other side.

    Listen check:(1d20)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee tilts her head to one side, as if she hears something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20-3)[8]

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee and Omara you hear a high pitch voice that you cannot make out the words to, followed by someone sternly telling them to be quiet and stop bothering them.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Alright, this is getting ridiculous." she says under her breath.

    Omara opens the door halfway and looks on the other side. If she sees a fake guard, she launches a fiery burst at it. If she doesn't, then she opens it all the way and walks quietly down.

    Move Silently: (1d20+5)[18] (coincidently, my cat familiar makes me semi-competent with sneaking)

    Fiery Burst (if needed):(2d6)[6]
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-01-22 at 08:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    You open the door slightly and see the guards at the bottom the blast takes out the guards in front of an iron door with a bar across it. After the explosion you hear a high pitch voice yell out ,"Who's there?"

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Omara opens the door the rest of the way and looks at the scene.

    Spot: (1d20+2)[15]

    "We're the wizards who were invited by the the Lady to come here today. We were told that shapeshifting monsters had come in and taken over the castle."

    She keeps an eye on the downed guards and listens for any sign that others might be heading this way.

    Listen: (1d20+2)[18]

    Her cat familiar pokes its head out from a special pouch in her backpack, mews, and then pops back inside.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    You peer at the downed guards and through the window of the door they were guarding. There is a number of soldiers lying on the ground in the hall of the dungeon. There are cells on both sides of that room and just under the window comes the voice although you can't see who it belongs to, "Yes, open the door I need my herbs to help the guards. I think they were poisoned before being dragged in here. And hurry up there is no telling what they want with Sarah."

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Okay, you may want to stand back from the door though..." Omara searches the downed guards and looks for any keys they might have.

    Search: (1d20+4)[16]

    if she fails that, she tries again

    Search: (1d20+4)[12]

    If that fails she approaches the doors window, looks down at the prisoner and asks them to move to the farthest corner of the cell they can and carefully starts blasting at the door with her fiery burst until she breaks it down. (after clearing any guards, corpses or other flammable items away from the blast radius)

    If she does find the keys she opens the door the safe way.
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-01-23 at 10:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    Khemalee looks around at the downed guards. Well, I didn't expect that. If they aren't moving much, or looking in any way threatening, she crouches by one of them and quickly checks what's the problem.

    Heal: (1d20+5)[15] - diagnostic (check if alive, if alive why are they like that, if dead what killed them)

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara finds the keys on one of the guards, Khemalee inspects the guards and finds them to be out cold.

    "Ok" replies the voice.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Omara gets the key, unlocks the door, and opens it to see who was kept prisoner. "There you are, we found a shape shifter upstairs disguised as the Ladys servant William. Its some kind of sand creature from the plane of earth, it said that Lady Sara has been taken to a drop off point in a clearing in the forest north of here. Can you tell us how to get there?"

    If asked, Omara is willing to help the prisoner (who she assumes is the alchemist) get the herbs to heal the guards.
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-01-25 at 11:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    ((any indication of why they are KO'd?))

    Khemalee stands up, and while she appears calm, there are traces of confusion and mistrust in her voice.Sorry, but first could you tell us what happened here? I doubt the guards just decided to simultaneously take a very deep nap. she says, nodding towards the nearest guard.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara pushes open the dorr revealing the owner of the voice to be a goblin, his eyes widen at Omara statement, "We must save her fast."

    At Khemalee comment, "I think they poisoned the food, I came down and the intruders were carrying the guards down here."

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Omara looks at the goblin for a second and breathes a sigh of relief. "Oh thank goodness, for a second I though you were a gnome."

    Hearing the goblin talk about the food, she gets a little worried. "Hmmm... the only ingested poison that causes unconsciousness I can think of would be Taggit oil... and that lasts about an hour or two. I guess if they had poisoned our food with it we would have been knocked out within a minute of eating it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    The half-elf doesn't look any more relaxed. In this case, shouldn't they have left someone to guard them? This only makes sense if they wanted to keep the guards away only for a short time and disappear without... Wait a minute. Who stayed behind to watch them?

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    The goblin looks at the two Guards infront of the door that were knocked down. From one of the cells in the room you hear a voice, you turn to see a man in his own cell chained hands and feet to the floor, "Ah more guests how wonderful."

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Closing her eyes for a second she says, "Who wants to bet a copper piece that the real William is down here?"

    She opens her eyes and turns her head to look at the man who spoke.

    Spot check: (1d20+0)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara you spot the real Williams as you turn on the floor but the man who spoke you see as well. He is in his own cell chained hands and feet to the walls and the floors. It is hard to see where he and begins and the shadows end. But his eyes glow a deep crimson red as he looks out at you, "Welcome little one.", he says with a grin.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Spotting the real William, she immediately heads towards him and works to release him. Obviously the fellow smiling at her was locked down here before the invaders came, and she couldn't see how a shadowy criminal with glowing red eyes could help them.

    "Are you okay, William?" she asks. "We defeated your impostor, do you know how we can quickly get to the clearing in the northern forest where the fiends are taking the Lady Sara?"
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-01-30 at 09:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    William seems to be out cold, like the guards. The goblin brings over a vial of blue liquid for him.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    Allow me - this is applied orally, right? the half-elf says, holding her hand for the potion before she squats near William. She opens his mouth slightly and, if she gets the potion and the goblin doesn't give any particular instructions, pours it down after taking a good look and a whiff. After that, she waits - taking a few looks at the chained figure as she does. And who might you be?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-02-02 at 05:04 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    The Goblin nods at your question, William seems to start to stir, The chain one answers.

    "I am Darren the fallen. Lady Sarah had me hunted and captured because I know that she intends to tear down the magical structure of Arcanum."

    The Goblin is quick to interrupt, "You are here because you kill innocent people you fiend. You know that, and Arcanum is hurt most of the races of this world, and Lady Sarah is just trying to help everyone with her plan for a new School."
    Last edited by warlock2000; 2008-02-03 at 05:16 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Omara takes another look at the prisoner and sneers. "Hah, I guess it shows how much you are worth when enemies of Lady Sarah just came in here and practically took the place over... and still left you to rot down in here."

    Turning back to William and the alchemist, Omara waits for William to come to so they can get information on the clearing that the Lady was taken to. She frowns slightly, its important that they know what to expect when they head to rescue her but if they wait any longer they might be too late to do anything.

    Omara is almost ready to just head out the door and try to find this place herself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    William comes to quickly and tells you that the clearing is on the North path from the tower although weak he attempts to come with you.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Great, you can help us find the way." Turning to the alchemist she says, "I guess you'll have to hold down the fort until we get the Lady Sarah back."

    Unless William gives her other directions, she heads back into the dining area where the impostor is to check on it and let William see it. She helps William out if his weakness makes it difficult to walk.

    Turning to the servants who were watching the impostor she asks, "Did anything happen while we were gone?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    The half-elf readies to head back to the dining room before something goes click in her mind. I beg your pardon, is this Darren with the Arcanum? she says with a curious expression on her face.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    The Alchemist nods as you help William. Your fake William is still there. At Khemalee question The real William shakes his head, "No. Darren is a monster of a man. When Lady Sarah first discovered the Ancient map he came to take it and kill a number of both guards and common people try to get it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •