Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 155
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    The half-elf nods curtly at William, but her voice is low. May they rest in peace, and the gods have use meet them when our time comes. However, you didn't answer my question. If he's with the Arcanum, I don't need to tell you we need to be very careful.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    "I don't think he is."

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    The half-elf simply shrugs, and turns towards the exit. ((everyone still here?))

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Every second we spend not rescuing the Lady Sarah is a second more that she remains un rescued!" Omara walks out the exit and heads toward the forest, letting William give her directions to the clearing if he cares to. If he doesn't, she prepares to fall back on the 'remove the forest if it gets in the way' mentality strategy often employed by people with access to fire.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    ( I think it's just the 2 of you but I will run still. Will look for more players after Lady Sarah is rescued.)

    The two of you head out and up the path informed of by William. You are quick but are hear voices far too soon. There seems to be a number of them laughing it sounds like. Suddenly a voice brings silence to the others, "Where in the Abyss is that Wizard. He was suppose to be here a while ago. If we wait too much longer people are going to figure out the Lady is missing. Damn wizard wasting my time."

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    ((Is it a voice we've heard?))

    Khemalee holds Omara up - by the sleeve if she can. Sounds like trouble. Do you think they meant the fake Wilhelm? she asks quietly.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Whispering, she responds. "Not sure... that one was some kind of monster. Though these fellows might have mistaken his powers for magical knowledge." Thinking out loud she says. "I have a few illusion spells prepared... one to make me invisible and one to change my appearance. I might be able to disguise myself as fake William and make one of you invisible... or we could just use the real William to impersonate the fake one and one of us be invisible... not sure what shape they would expect their 'wizard' to take." She thinks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Whispering, she responds. "Not sure... that one was some kind of monster. Though these fellows might have mistaken his powers for magical knowledge." Thinking out loud she says. "I have a few illusion spells prepared... one to make me invisible and one to change my appearance. I might be able to disguise myself as fake William and make one of you invisible... or we could just use the real William to impersonate the fake one and one of us be invisible... not sure what shape they would expect their 'wizard' to take." She thinks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    (OOC: no you haven't heard the voice before.)

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    Khemalee frowns, looking in the firection of the voice with thought. In this case, it might be a better idea if we don't show ourselves at all... They may mean the fake William, but it's still too big a risk. Finding out more about them and the Lady should be our primary concern. she says, before adding "speaking of finding out, we should check notes soon. Working together with another practitioner of the Art is a rare opportunity, I think."
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-02-20 at 02:05 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Well... in that case I suppose I can make myself invisible and then try sneaking in and getting a better look at our enemy. I might even be able to free our Lady."

    Smiling to Khemalee, she adds. "Oh, as you know, I can't harm anyone directly while invisible... and I'll try to keep from causing too much indirect damage to the surroundings."

    Omara casts Invisibility on herself and sneaks over towards the clearing to get a good look at who is there.

    Move silently: (1d20+5)[15]
    Spot: (1d20+2)[7]
    Listen: (1d20+2)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    You sneak in. There are 4 people other then the one tied in the middle of them that you can assume is Lady Sarah. 3 of them seem quite plain in simple leather armour. The fourth however is wearing full plate and has two swords at his size. You seem to be unnoticed for now.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Omara carefully looks at the group to see if there is any source of fire on them, even one of the guards smoking a pipe.

    She then sneaks quietly back to Khemalee, still invisible, and whispers "I see four of them, three look like pushovers but one is wearing plate mail. Lady Sarah is tied up in the middle. I've got a spell that can send out blinding light and maybe distract them long enough to take them down and free the Lady... but I need a small flame as a focus and when its cast you might want to shield your eyes."

    "Do you have anything that might take out this group? ... or a tindertwig? I kind of left mine at home."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    Khemalee thinks for a moment, before clicking softly with her tongue. Not a tindertwig, no - do you think you could make do with the old fashined flint and tinder routine? As for taking care of them, it might be a problem... But I think I can make sure the armored guy can't do too much. Plate armor tends to be quite heavy, after all.

    Ideally, however, we get to take care of some of his in advance. How well are they armed - any bows or crossbows?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-02-23 at 07:00 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Actually, I think I'll set the grass on fire and then detonate it. Cover your eyes until after the flash."

    Omara steps away from the tree until she can get a clean view of the four people around Lady Sarah. Then she uses her Fiery Burst on a section of grass right between herself and them. Since she didn't attack anyone, she remains invisible but now a 5 ft radius patch of grass is on fire.

    Then when the four enemies look toward the blaze, she casts Pyrotechnics on the blazing grass to create the burst of Fireworks effect. She closes her eyes tight and looks away just before the blinding flash to avoid being blinded.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    ((I don't think it would work that way... anything that affects a foe or the AoE of which includes a foe would imo break invisibility. Read the third paragraph))

    Khemalee misses her partners words, and is shocked to see - or, rather, detect - the other wizard burst into action. Wait... That thrice-blasted, soot-flinging, reckless flamebrain! So much for cooperation, she sighs, and steps back into the woods so she's not looking directly into the flash, and further away from the men's sight and hearing. She spends the next moment taking some amorphous mass from a pouch on her belt with one hand and tracing a series of sigils with the other in the same trained, less than fluid but still fast motion.

    Now if I can time it just right, maybe she won't get the pointy bits of attention she's so eager to get...Sengyi oth mrac y sdut, ozhide na maide frakove samrizhde. ((Cast silent image of three hooded figures at the end of the forest in the opposite direction - behind the blast which the bandits were looking at, one with its arms raised. Ideally, some of the figures will be hidden from some of the enemies. I can change the illusion as I see fit, right?))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-02-26 at 01:54 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Spoiler
    Show
    Omara doesn't expect to keep her invisibility after casting pyrotecnics, but expects it to blind enough of the enemy that she can pick them off. its DC 16 will save, 2nd lvl spell and +4 to int. Her fiery burst attack just hit the ground and no enemies so she could start a fire with the grass. So she's still invisible until her next turn when she casts pyrotecnics, when she does that, she blinds a few enemies and turns visible.

    Invisibility was mainly to get a good look at her enemy and keep it until she starts blasting them. She was in a bit of a hurry to start blasting before her invisibility wore off or one of them heard the whispering.

    I suppose she should use her move action from her 2nd round to duck behind another tree or something, but she wants to keep an eye on the enemies to cast spells or grab Lady Sarah.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    the three thugs are blinded and the one in armour approaches the illusions and speaks, "Who's there?"

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Instead of responding, Omara uses a Fiery Burst on the armored figure, being sure to not hit Lady Sarah but seeing if she can get any of the other thugs with it as well.

    Damage: (2d6)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    Khemalee reaches out to the illusion, trying to fit it to the circumstances - the hooded figure makes a gesture which causes its hands to be circled in flames that arc towards the mailed warrior, while the two at its sides ready their swords and advance slowly and carefully. come on, damn it, get the lady out of here and let's go. she whispers hoarsely, trying to keep her mind on the spell.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Omara turns to the other spellcaster and mouths. "Can't you take this guy out?"

    Scowling inside at her partners lack of combat ability, Omara casts Disguise Self to change her appearance to that of one of the now blinded figures in leather armor. Then she quickly heads into the clearing and tries getting the Lady out of there.

    If any of the other enemies ask, she pretends shes one of them and asks the guy in armor to hold off the robed guys.

    "Where the abyss did that gnome go?!" She screams inwardly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    ((Do I need to make a spot/listen check to make sure what she's saying))

    If the half-elf hears what she's been asked, she doesn't answer - instead, she appears lost in the concentration of the spell. The mage-figure begins a series of quick, but complicated gestures that leave a slight blur in the air, and moves its lips quickly as a coiled snake ornament flashes with a green light. The warrior figures nod in unison without turning at it, and assume combat stance.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    Omara stealthily carries Lady Sarah out of the clearing through the woods. She stops to remove the bindings from her.

    "Are you okay, my Lady?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    Seeing that the lady is safely out, Khemalee works on her illusion once again. The mage-figure gestures, and the others retreat back into the woods, breaking into a run as soon as possible, hiding into the woods. The mage-figure itself makes a gesture, and the snake ornament flashes much brighter - and then the mage just fades away.

    Drained by the performance, the half-elf goes to rejoin her colleague quickly and as quietly as she can. So, feel like going back yet?

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Indeed I do." Omara nods. Though she tries to sound calm, her heart is beating quickly from their endeavor. The sooner they get to safety the better.

    She moves as quickly as possible, bringing the Lady Sarah back to the castle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    ((Warlock, you still there? We kinda kidnapped the story line ))

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    (Sorry back, been without internet for a bit. Hopefully it will be ok for now.)

    You avoid the guard and sneak back towards the castle the princess seems quite great full of the rescue.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "It was our pleasure to serve." Omara says to the newly rescued princess. "Though I hate to bring this up but the villains that captured you had a shapeshifter disguised as your servant William. We captured it and freed the real William... though we might have to do a check on all the people here to make sure there are no shapeshifters remaining disguised as staff."

    The wizardess briefly stops at this and then, after briefly cursing her own carelessness, dismisses the Disguise Self spell that let her pass as one of the bandits.

    "Naturally, you should have us checked by a qualified expert... and perhaps yourself. Eh, when there is magic afoot then sometimes it pays to be excessively cautious." she adds almost apologetically.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Khemalee

    The half-elf appears slightly taken aback by the Lady's gratitude ((I thought she was only a noble, not a princess... )) and appears slightly nervous as she bows at the noblewoman's words.

    It was a pleasure, Your Highness? Royalty? Majesty? Highness sounds about right, I guess er, Highness. Everything was more or less in order when we left... We are at your disposal should you need us for anything else Damn, I know I'm going to regret that one

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

    Omara

    "Sooo... I guess we just rescued the princess and saved the day?" she says kind of offhand. She never saw herself as the princess saving type and imagined that such a feat would be quite rewarding. Though if talk of hands being given in marriage started popping up then she would be less enthusiastic about it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •