New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Summoning of lost wizards

Khemalee

The half-elf looks at her dusty robes. Oh, dear, I suppose we get invited to some ball now. And my fairy godmother is so late I might as well start pushing my pumpkin and meet her halfway. she says matter-of-factly to no one in particular. She sighs, and looks back to the noblewoman. At any rate, Milady, could you tell us more about who those people were? It would be prudent to know more about them so they do not get so lucky again.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

(I suck my bad for the lack of posting recently.)

The Lady shocks out of the daze she was in due to excitement. "I am so sorry I was lost in thought over the whole ordeal. I don't know who those men were but I am almost certain they work for Arcanum some how. I am sorry to put you in such a situation. I can see your a couple of the wizards I sent invitations to. I was hoping to discuss this in a much more suitable place but, my reason for drawing you all here is to ask you if your interested in helping me found a wizarding school for all races of this world. Open to any noble and bright enough to learn the secrets of the Arcane Arts."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

(Ok, background check here. Doesn't the Arcanum technically encompass all mages, regardless of race?)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Omara

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    woah, I was just about to give up on this thread. Is there an OOC thread of this game I'm missing?

Omara considers this. "Hmmm... I never really saw myself as the teaching type... but it never hurts to try."

Thinking it over some more, images of buildings being constructed, tomes of knowledge being brought together... expensive arcane components and magical equipment being supplied for her to work on her projects... money making projects.

"In fact... I think its an excellent idea, Mi'lady and I wholeheartedly support your idea. The more widespread knowledge is the more opportunity it has to grow! And of course such a school should be set up to help bring magic into practical everyday uses... like magic items."

She ponders this, the gears in her head whirling as she considers the viability of getting dozens of students to work through 'potions class' making magic elixirs the school could sell for huge profit... though they'd best be careful not to let the stupid kids waste too much ingredients.

"Why, I think I could hammer out a combined class curriculum, fund raising program, and grading rubric before we have the plaster dried in the alchemy workshop." she starts to rub her hands together in anticipation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Khemalee

The half-elf thinks for a while, and appears to be far from decided one way or another for several minutes, before finally shaking her head. I'm afraid I do not know enough myself, so that I can teach others, milady. I suppose I could manage an assistant position, but my specialty is a field where one needs to have a bit more experience than I have - in more than one way.

Still, some study could help me set some time and money aside for some proper research...
    she appears to think out loud, before going back to the topic. What did you mean by "noble enough", milady?