New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Adventurers' Guild Headquarters IC

You walk into the Common Room of the Adventurers' Guildhall. Ana is serving food and drinks, and there is a cheerful fire in the fireplace. Other adventurers come in, sit down and chat with whomever is there to listen, and wander back out again - some a little tipsier than when they arrived!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Headquarters IC

Vlax

Vlax goes and sits at the bar, orders a mug of ale, and sips it while watching the other adventurers come and go around the room. His Greataxe is leant against the bar next to him.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Matthew (Human, Illusionist)

Looks like Father Eldon is already back with some more recruits, Vlax. I guess our group was the first. I'll see if anyone of these late comers is up for the drinking contest.

And now for the library. If there are any other wizard recruits I bet that's where they will go.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Durx takes a few pints of beer and sits on a couch. He quickly downs them.

(ooc: What can I say? Physical constitution of a Half-Orc, Drinking philosophy of a dwarf)

Well den. 'ows da' guild doin' t'day?

(ooc: British or Orcish? Only time will tell)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aulric, Human Cleric

Near the fire, the priest with a shaved head pauses in scrubbing the grit from his robes, mail and boots. He casts his grey-blue eyes about the common room, hearing more enter. With a nod to Ana, he grabs a heel of bread and sips his beer, listening to Surian's strumming and the talk of the others gathered.

"It may be a busier eve than I'd first imagined," he mused.
    "When two tigers fight, one will lose." -- Chinese proverb

Characters in Games:
    Gaimon Tarn, Human Dark Jedi | Second Golden Age of the Sith
    Brek Sorath, Dashade Soldier | Dawn of Defiance

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

As Ioth walks into the Common Room, his eyes survey the assembled adventurers. he notices the Dwarf, Vlex or Vlax he recalls was his name, and then he notices the Half-Orc, though he is not very surprised, he has seen many half-orcs before, both with his tribe and after he had left. He walks to a stool not too far from Vlax and scrabbles his way to the top, plopping himself on it, and proceeds to look around the bar area again.

{In Common}
    Greetings, Did I hear you say you were from the North? I too come from a mountainous region in the North, though the name of the region escapes me, where exactly is your home? Ioth asks of Vlax, hoping to learn something of the dwarf.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax

Vlax turns towards Ioth nods and says "Yeah I used to be from the North, Cavern Stronghold place, near a river, but I forget the name. Under a dwarf called Ghadh Greathammer. He threw me out of the Stronghold. Apparently I was too violent and Barbaric to be allowed in the caverns."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Fin quickly brushes the hair out of his eyes, leaning up against the table, though he quite obviously doesn't order a drink of his own, not being much into that, though he quickly came up with a reasonable excuse. "Hm.... Dunno, Think it might be a good idea to keep a sober head. Will be signing those contract things in a bit, don't want to strike a bad deal cause we ain't thinking straight right..?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Ioth nods sagely at this.

At Vlax {In Common}
    So you're a barbarian? Interesting, I've never met a Dwarven Barbarian before, though to be honest most dwarves I've ever met were too busy trying to kill me or destroy my tribe for me to really work out if they were barbarians or not Ioth said glumly, turning up bad memories of more than one seemingly random raid on his home. So what exactly did you do to warrent you're leaders ire? he asked quickly, trying to edge the conversation away from his own past.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2007-12-19 at 04:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

In the library, Matthew mutters to himself:
    I've never seen so many different clerics from different faiths in one place.... well except that one New Year's party that turned into a fist fight.

Let's see-- the kobold worships "Io", Father Eldon had that horse symbol, then there's the bald cleric -- he seems like a nice guy -- and .... uh oh is this another one?

Description of Sharn:
    Before you stands a man just under six feet tall. He wears a set of scale armor that has been shined to perfection, worn over a crimson red uniform unlike any seen in these lands. His wooden shield and large mace, along with the light crossbow hanging from his belt, are likewise kept in pristine condition. It is obvious that he does not keep himself under such scrutiny. His brown hair is thin and long from neglect, and his skin pale.

He does not speak of his profession, but he wears proudly the crest of Wee Jas around his neck signifying him as one of Her followers. He carries an expressionless stare, eyes focused on nothing in particular in the distance. You can't quite put your finger on it, but there is definitely something... disturbing about him.

I need some sort of "Demi-gods and deities" book or something.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax

to Ioth:"Well first off I wasn't with the whole "Kill the kobolds" idea. I don't think race should matter. Most dwarves are fighters, but very few find they actually have the power to really let go in a fight. Anyways it kicked off in the mess hall once, I'd been getting worked up all day, can't remember what by now, but somebody pushed it too far, and I went beserk, killing the guy. Apparently it took 2 dwarvern defenders to restrain me. I was let off the first time, but when it happened twoce more within a month, ending in killing 5 others, the clan leader had me thrown out, and banned from all caverns. Though now when I think about it, I'm better off out here, with less rules to follow, and being able to choose for yourself. Anyway, how come your here? You don't see many kobolds around towns usually."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

To Vlax
    {In Common} Yes well, most Kobold stay within the boundaries of their tribes warrens, however there may actually be a few Kobold merchants around the town, selling their wares, though you'd never guess it he said this last bit with pride in his voice and a smile on his crocodile mouth I however, am no merchant. I left my lair in search of the greater glories of Io, the Ninefold Dragon, and to aid his works and dragon kind wherever I could find it. As to why I am here, I promised to bring back whatever wealth I could to aid my tribe, and any knowledge or lore that might prove useful, as well as to meet new tribes and to learn more things about my people. For all my eleven years of life I have known little more than my tribes lair.

I wonder when the mage will come here, I remember he went to the library, perhaps I should meet up with him. And what of the other adventurers here, are we all on the same quest? hm, I guess I'll find out eventually
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2007-12-19 at 05:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax

To Ioth {smiling} "Your definitely one of the good guys then, I look forward to working with you"

Vlax finishes his drink and orders himself another.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Ioth smiles sourly, a look that, on his crocodile face, seemed more than a little off-putting No, I wouldn't call myself a "good guy" truly, though I am no evil doer, I am far from the paragon of good
    putting such thoughts aside he said {In Common} Perhaps I should check up on the wizard, Matthew right? perhaps there he is researching something interesting, it was nice talking to you, hopefully we will live through the coming times and be the richer for it, in more ways than one And this time he smiled truly, though he wasn't sure this looked all that much better from another's perspective. Ioth slid off of the stool and headed toward the library.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2007-12-19 at 05:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Default Matthew (Human, Illusionist)

Thinking himself alone in the library:

Look at that! Lovely map they have on the wall and of course what happens is that everyone comes along and says, "Where are we?" and then they take their greasy finger and poke Bridgeport until the map is faded there. Hate that.

What would Abramelin the Mage do?

[in draconian]
    I, Abramelin the Mage, will send your soul to hell for your many cartographic crimes! Bwahahahaha!!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

As Ioth walks in he hears Matthew cackle in Draconic, curious as to the source he moves further into the library, when he spots Matthew standing next to the map, cackling for all the world like a mad dragon lord, his puzzlement increased.

{In Common} speaking draconic eh? pray tell, who might this "Abramelin the Mage" be, and why would he be punishing those guilty of, what was it again? Cartographic crimes? Ioth snickers, smiling ruefully ah, and whats this you're reading, if you don't mind my asking

{in Draconic} And just how much draconic do you know?
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2007-12-19 at 09:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Default Matthew (Human Illusionist)

Aha! An audience!

"Abramelin the Mage" is what's called a "stage name". He's a character I play sometimes in the act. A lot of Illusion is about appearing to be something you are not. In this case he's a very powerful sinister wizard.

As for how much Draconic I know, it's mostly stuff to do with the arcane. Technical words more than conversational. I was hoping I could get some practice on the "easier" words with you around.

[in draconic]
    Now as for this tome it is a study of dragons with some information about Io. To summarize: Io is considered the progenitor of the dragon, the mother of all dragons, the creator. She represents, or rather encapsulates the nature of all dragons, both chromatic and metallic. Thus she encapsulates each of the supreme cosmic forces (Good, Evil, Law, Chaos and so on) in synthesis.

I translated what the book said there - is that correct?

[end draconic]

Hey, you know that sounds like the opposite of the Druid thing. Interesting ... I mean if you believe in all that cosmic force stuff.
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2007-12-19 at 09:47 PM. Reason: oops; forgot the title

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Ioth smiles and nods a little

{In Common}Mostly yes, however I believe either you misquoted or misinterpreted the meaning of some of it, you see Io is the Father of Tiamat and Bahamut, and is male, whereas you reffered to Io as She, unless the book is wrong, or I am, but I pride myself on my knowledge of the Great Eternal Wheel. And yes I would figure it would be somewhat different than the Druidic view, seeing as how they value all things "natural" and apparently Dragonkind does not fit into this perfect view of the world, though it is true that we are not "natural" however this is because Dragons, and therefore all Draconic creatures, such as Kobolds, were created by Io, and Dragons were forged into his image. But I doubt you want to here me drone on about the many legends of Io, especially as I have heard them, from the somewhat narrow view of many Kobolds. hah, listen to me droning on in lecture, when by Human standards I would be but a child, ironic is it not? Ioth coughs and looks away, a tad embarrassed by his lecture on the nature of Dragonkind The NATURE of Dragonkind? Hah, thats irony if I've ever heard it, and I've spent enough time with non-kobolds to be reasonably certain I have Then Ioth snickers a little to himself

As a side thought Ioth half mutters under his breath, as if thinking out loud.
    {In Common}I wonder if we'll actually meet the other adventurers outside our little group, so far I don't think anyone has really spoken to anyone outside their groups.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2007-12-19 at 10:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Hmph Guess I'm not the only one who can't tell what sex a dragon (or a kobold) is. Thanks for that misinformation Mr ... who wrote this? Sir Richard someone. Huh

I'm sure the priest of Io is correct on the "nature" of Io. And I'd like to hear some legends if you can stand to tell them as you would to a child -- and in draconic. Perhaps latter though...

If Io represents all the dragons does that mean ... I don't want to cause offense here but ... doesn't that include the Red dragon's ... I mean ... are you going to crazy one night and try and stab everyone with a half-spear?

The last sentence is rushed out all at once.

Or does it not work like that?

Come to think of it is that true of Druids too? If the power of Good is in the ascendant does a Druid seek to "restore balance" -- by increasing evil? But I'd never have asked a Druid if he was going to slit my throat with a sickle by moonlight.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Ioth seems slightly taken aback, but he answers, speaking slowly at first Well yes, Io is the father of Bahamut, who created the metallic or "goodly" dragons, and of Tiamat, who is the mother of all Chromatic or "evil" Dragons, and all other kinds of dragons come from Io, but Io represents viewing the world from an objective point of view, of not taking sides, of balance. It was Io's original goal that Bahamut and Tiamat come together as friends and loved ones, not as hated enemies, Io believed, and still believes, that some day Bahamut and Tiamat will join together and create the perfect race of dragons, neither metallic or chromatic, or maybe both at once, regardless of this goal Io loves all dragons and all draconic beings, for they are as his children. And to answer you're question, no, I do not see myself murdering my companions in their sleep, it is not my way, and more it is not Io's way, I am your ally and as such from an objective point of view it would be great folly to go about murdering ones allies, especially in a heavily populated city. then after a moment Ioth says perhaps we should head back to the common area, I believe Vlax is still waiting for you to join him in that drinking contest, and from what I know of dwarves if you don't hurry up he'll start without you, also I believe there are many adventurers outside our party there, perhaps we should get to know them better, if were going to be staying in the same place for a while anyway.
    then Ioth mutters in his barking draconic I hope there aren't any gnomes, wouldn't want for there to be a misunderstanding that might lead to a fight, ah but I suppose we must deal with these things as they come

21. - Top - End - #21

Ah I see. I deeply apologize if I offended you or your deity.
    Matthew gives a brief bow.

[in draconic]
    The quartermaster, Lankin, is a gnome. Upon request I can requisition supplies on your behalf.

[in common]
    Let's go back to the common room then. And if Vlax has started drinking already then that doesn't count -- I warned him. Besides -- I have the feeling I'm going to need every edge I can get.....

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

{In Common}Haha, yes well dwarves drink ale like they live off the stuff
    {In Draconic} I know about Lankin, but he seemed reasonable and didn't take offense to my presence, however I cannot say the same for many a gnome, or a kobold either I'm afraid, as you probably well know our racial hatred runs deep, and Kobolds are very slow to forget when it comes to revenge for past misdeeds against them, such is Kurtulmaks way

Ioth heads toward the Common Room behind Matthew, hoping against hope no one would attack him on site, as had happened a few unfortunate times before, and with this sad thought Ioth's head hung a little, why couldn't everyone just look at the world more objectively as he tried, and as Io does. Ah but then, it is not necessarily there way, he reminded himself.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2007-12-19 at 11:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick sits along the side wall of the in the common room, watching all of the people come, go, and drink. He plays a lilting tune on his lute, and appears to be singing under his breath. After a few minutes of this he abruptly stops playing and leans his lute against the wall. He stands and walks over to the bar and orders a pint. As Ana pours it for him, he takes a seat near the Dwarf and says, “Master Dwarf, I would like to offer a toast to you on this, our first day as comrades in the adventurer’s guild.” He raises his tankard in a salute to the Dwarf, and drinks it down swiftly. He then orders another, and takes it with him back to his table to continue playing his lute. As he walks away, he says to the Dwarf, “Oh, my name is Dravick by the way, if you ever want to talk or have any questions, feel free to find me.” He smiles kindly and takes his seat and continues to compose his ballad…

Just then, he notices the Kobold enter the room. There are truly some interesting folks here. I think I will enjoy this experience even more than I originally thought.

24. - Top - End - #24

Matthew enters and listens to the composition for a moment. He is not bad on the strings that one, but I think his singing voice is better yet; professional quality... hard to say while he is being quiet. Perhaps later....

Spoiler
    Show
    if your sheet is right you have 4 ranks more in Sing than Play Lute, right? if not I can edit this

Seeing Vlax at the bar, Matthew makes the excuse that he's still trying to round up other potential players for their drinking game (which is true enough and nothing to do with the fact that the longer he waits the more the dwarf will drink before they start).

Hey, when did all the ladies arrive? To nobody in particular. Finally he decides to approach a half-orc on the other side of the room.

Well that's a symbol I can recognise at last. The cross of Saint Cuthbert. My father was a convert. It's like an inter-faith gathering in here - so many different clergymen. I see by the tankard in your hand that Saint Cuthbert has nothing against drinking ale. Would you be interested in a friendly competition?
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2007-12-20 at 12:49 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax

Vlax joins Dravicks toast, but doesn't drink too much of his ale.

To Dvarick Would you like to join a drinking contest? we may aswell take advantage of this free ale. ANd it looks like Matthews recruiting people for it aswell

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela Tailor

Descending from the staircase in her "casual attire" - that is, clothes and a cloak, (no shield, but carrying a sword) Shiela catches wind of the impending drinking contest and proceeds to procure some of the long tables.
    "Of, course, I'll agree to graciously volunteer my services as a judge."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Fin added a few comments during Vlax's and Ioths conversation before the kobold left the room to chat with Matthews, close enough to easily be part of it, but not a whole lot. Keep in mind most of these comments were 'in the past'

Spoiler
    Show
    Just can't seem to post as much as you guys. Too busy with work, and shopping hahaha. Oh well, lets give her a go anyway.

"Kobold merchant? Ioth gotta be the first 'kobold' I ever seen, so I don't figure there's any in town... but it ain't tiny, so might be one... somewhere.." when Vlax brought up the possibility of there being other kobolds in town, and

"He's a wizard?"
    Glancing back towards the direction of the library as they mentioned Mathews occupation, feeling a tad silly over his previous guess.

By the end of the conversation Fin felt a little more comfortable about Io, who seemed respectfull, and kind as any other priest he had met. Strange looks or not. And a little, less comfortable about Vlax, going 'bezerk' and killing a few people not sounding like the best of a history.

And back to the present

Now, his seat twisted around so he faces away from the table, leaning up against it, Fin waved as Ioth, and Mathew returned. Fin face palmed as he realized they were still going through with that 'drinking contest'. At this rate the only one left sober would likely be him, and that was going to be a problem seeing as he couldn't read a much past his own name. He gave a quick glance at Ioth. Well ok maybe the Critter will still have his head by then too. Gah gotta get out of the habbit of thinking that. 'Ioths' his name, Holy man, gotta be respectful no matter what he looks like.

Putting his worries besides him Fin kept a generally content expression, his left eye close, for no apparent reason at all (something he did very often which.. I forgot to note in his description!).

He let out a jovial laugh as Shiela volunteered to be judge, giving a grin "haha, gotta encourage ehm now don't ya?"
    Last edited by Bribri; 2007-12-20 at 09:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

As Ioth entered the Common Room behind Matthew he saw Fin wave, and Ioth smiled, though he didn't wave back. He noticed more people had gathered in the Common Room from when he had left. He heads toward Vlax, and the man sitting near him. After Ioth again scrabbled his way onto the stool, feeling a bit foolish, he extended a greeting toward Dravik

{In Common} Greetings, my name is Ioth, I am a Cleric of Io, the great Ninefold, it is good to see some friendly faces, or atleast faces not turned in disgust toward me, though my presence is tolerated, I always feel as though I am being judged. Ah but I guess its probably more than I could ask if I were a human in a Kobold lair. But I'm rambling again, it is good to meet you, whats your name again?

I hope I don't SOUND like a fool atleast, of course ranting on about how I'm hated can't really help liven up the conversation. I guess I need more work talking with humans and other races.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Dravick thinks about trying to outdrink a Dwarf, and knows that he doesn't stand a chance, yet he thinks that he may have a drink or two with his new companions if only to improve the rapport.
    "Sir Dwarf, I would gladly partake in your contest of drink even though I have no hope of winning," he smiles and says " but, there have been days aplenty when stranger things have happened." He takes a seat at the long table, and awaits the beginning of the contest.

He responds to Ioth's greeting, "Well met good cleric, my name is Dravick. I am happy to see that our group had member from all over the lands. I am a collector of tales and legends myself, so I always welcome new people and races. I guess it is a bit of a selfish interest, but nonetheless, it is good to meet you. I hope you will find that the rest of this city is mostly accomodating, and welcoming of your presence. Will you be joining us in our drinking contest? I daresay I won't be much competition, but I do enjoy the fun."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Matthew (Human Illusionist)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidByron View Post
    Well that's a symbol I can recognise at last. The cross of Saint Cuthbert. My father was a convert. It's like an inter-faith gathering in here - so many different clergymen. I see by the tankard in your hand that Saint Cuthbert has nothing against drinking ale. Would you be interested in a friendly competition?
    Yesh, but don't cheat. You 'ave to 'ave the sa'mount of ale's'me before y'start

OOC: My character speeks'in'slurs.