New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Headquarters IC

Kyte's empty, grey eyes dart to the girl sitting near him, and then move back to his near-empty plate of food. He ignores the question for the few seconds it takes to finish off his meal and fill his stomach. Then he pushes the plate away and turns to look at her, bringing her full into the gaze of his somber face.

"What do you want to know?" He asks, with a voice long-since dead to emotion.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-01 at 02:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

"Start talking, New Guy."
    Good to see Shiela is working on her intimidate skill
    [hr]
    If Kyte has been approved by Bonecrusher to post here, can you please post some sort of description of him, that is, if you don't want to just post a link to the full character sheet in the OOC thread? Even if you want your sheet to remain a secret for now (which I would advise against) the others are going to want to react to what they can see of you. For example the other player with a secret character sheet posted this description about Sharn Vankessel:
    [hr]
    Before you stands a man just under six feet tall. He wears a set of scale armor that has been shined to perfection, worn over a crimson red uniform unlike any seen in these lands. His wooden shield and large mace, along with the light crossbow hanging from his belt, are likewise kept in pristine condition. It is obvious that he does not keep himself under such scrutiny. His brown hair is thin and long from neglect, and his skin pale.

He does not speak of his profession, but he wears proudly the crest of Wee Jas around his neck signifying him as one of Her followers. He carries an expressionless stare, eyes focused on nothing in particular in the distance. You can't quite put your finger on it, but there is definitely something... disturbing about him.
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-01-01 at 11:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Well, you're new to our little organization, how about we get a bsic introduction, and then I'll introduce myself." Shiela explans off-handidly to Kyte as she mops up the last of her food.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

4. - Top - End - #154

Matthew pokes his head out the back door and spies Elga outside by herself, cleaning clothes with a washboard and tub. She takes a break from her vigourous scrubbing, puts her hands on her lower back and stretches. Then she spies Matthew and playfully gives him an exaggerated sigh of fatigue.

Elga
    "Ho, Wizard-Man, I don't suppose you could conjure me a tall glass of ale out here?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Alright." Kyte answers, nodding. "My name is Kyte. I've come here in search of a job... Something to do, at least for awhile."
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-01 at 04:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax starts drinking; lots and very quickly.

7. - Top - End - #157

Default Matthew talking to Elga, out back of the house

Spoiler
    Show

continuing from:

Matthew pokes his head out the back door and spies Elga outside by herself, cleaning clothes with a washboard and tub. She takes a break from her vigourous scrubbing, puts her hands on her lower back and stretches. Then she spies Matthew and playfully gives him an exaggerated sigh of fatigue.

Elga
    "Ho, Wizard-Man, I don't suppose you could conjure me a tall glass of ale out here?"

laughing
    I am still working out the kinks on that spell. I always seem to end up with something that tastes like a cross between orange juice and mud..... although after five beers I'm told it tastes much better....

Hey, I do have a great spell to help clean clothes though. Seriously, I don't know what I'd have done without it all those years traveling around without knowing where I'd next find hot water. I'd be glad to help with this lot indicates the pile of clothes waiting to be washed if you can fold while I clean.

Matthew sits down in the seat Elga vacated while she was stretching and gets to work. ZAP! See? Wizards are useful for something beyond slaying dragons and turning people into frogs. wink ... ZAP! And look - it does a good job with whites too.

Hopefully Elga will be happy to chat about this and that for a while, Elga folding clothes as Matthew cleans them. And Matthew enjoys a good gossip too, and will genuinely enjoy Elga's conversation for itself, but there is something especially on his mind he wants to ask about...

Elga, do you know that older lady, Linda, the Halfling? She was here the other day reading peoples' fortunes. She seemed to know Ana and Father Eldon.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela.

"Well met, Kyte, I'm Shiela. I'm a warrior, grew up around here, I'm trying to get out of my old man's hair, and besides - theres more to the world than Bridgeport, right? Thats why people make maps!"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Yes..." Kyte replies. The girl could talk a lot if encouraged.

On the other hand, Kyte thought, it's better than doing nothing.

"It sounds like you'd like to leave Bridgeport." Kyte began, inviting Shiela to continue.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Althea

"Well here goes nothing," Althea muttered as she walked through the open door. Bridgeport was a foreign land to the girl, and she was far from her element trying to find her way around. She was a lot more nervous then anything else, especially since this new Guild was what she hoped would be her new home for some time. It was odd How scared she was after traveling for some time to be afraid of what was their common room.

"Have some fun girl, they're a good bunch," the kind man at the door proclaimed. He shut it after her, leaving Althea feeling trapped within. She had heard of the guild some time ago, and had the same silly dream that she might be able to become famous by joining it. Or at the very least something better then what she had left behind. The man who told her only knew the barest details about the Guild, and could only give Althea the directions to Bridgeport.

She walked a few steps into the guild hall, looking around somewhat sheepishly. She didn't have much in the way of credentials, but she hoped she could get a job or something within the guild. It was a very clean room at the very least, though Althea avoided most of the people's eyes. It was furnished much like a tavern, though it looked considerably cleaner and more comfertable. Despite, Althea's shyness won over her bravery, and she quickly found a seat. Finding a job could come after she gathered up her courage again.

((Sheet in Sig, and everything. Glad to finally join.))
    Last edited by ArtifexFelicis; 2008-01-02 at 03:02 PM.
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.

11. - Top - End - #161

Default Re: Matthew talking to Elga, out back of the house

Quote Originally Posted by DavidByron View Post
    Elga, do you know that older lady, Linda, the Halfling? She was here the other day reading peoples' fortunes. She seemed to know Ana and Father Eldon.
    Elga

"Oh my! You're right, it does do a good job on whites - I'll have to find you again next washing day! What's that... Linda was here? Oh, that silly old gal. I can't say I know her well, but every once in a while Ana will take some time off to go to the market with her. Only time I've actually talked with her was when she offered to tell me my future, but only if I would pay her three coppers. Can you believe that? Anyway, I think she and Ana were coworkers before Ana came to work for us; that's how they know each other."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Dravick notices the newcomers and is interested in finding out about them. He sees that the young man has gotten into a conversation with Sheila and decides to leave them alone for the time being. Wouldn't want him to feel surrounded... He takes a seat across the table from the new girl and says, "My name is Dravick, and I just wanted to welcome you to our group. Forgive me for saying, but you seem a bit shy. Don't worry, noone here will bite, just don't get your fingers too close to some of their food..." He smiles in a warm and friendly manner before leaning back in his chair and taking a swig of his ale. Then, almost as an afterthought he says, "Are you hungry? Ana makes some really good food."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    "Yes..."

"It sounds like you'd like to leave Bridgeport." Kyte began, inviting Shiela to continue.
    Shiela

"Of course I would, living in one place, knowing one set of faces, its not a good sensation. But this little chat session aint about me, you're the star of the show. Tell me about yourself, what skills do you bring to the table, have you been assigned to a team, yet?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

14. - Top - End - #164

Default Matthew talking to Elga, out back of the house

Elga
    "Oh my! You're right, it does do a good job on whites - I'll have to find you again next washing day!
    Well I hope you do. It's good to find someone to chat to. Adventurers can be so dour sometimes. I'll remember to prepare the spell especially for wash days. No need for you to scrub if I can be of service and it's a small thing in return for all the hospitality the guild hall provides me -- and the trouble we adventurers must be to you!

Elga
    What's that... Linda was here? Oh, that silly old gal. I can't say I know her well, but every once in a while Ana will take some time off to go to the market with her. Only time I've actually talked with her was when she offered to tell me my future, but only if I would pay her three coppers. Can you believe that? Anyway, I think she and Ana were coworkers before Ana came to work for us; that's how they know each other."
    Adventurers can be a superstitious lot and Linda was very good. Very entertaining. She had quite a few customers (Matthew repeats a few of the fortunes provided by Linda if Elga is interested, and I expect she would be). I dare say she will be back again because she did some good business here.

But here's an odd thing -- at the end she read Ana's fortune, which she said was the first time she had done so, and saw a vision of Ana singing in a garden. At first I thought it might be an act but they both seemed genuinely surprised. A true vision perhaps. Ana was a little upset and embarrassed about it. She ran off and I asked Linda if Ana had always been mute. Linda seemed to be quite angry about something and refused to say much except that
    , "She was not mute at birth, nor was it an accident". Well that was quite a shock and I wonder what she meant because I would hate to say something to Ana that might cause offense or upset her or perhaps bring back unpleasant memories.

Do you know why Ana cannot speak?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Yes, I was assigned to team Badger." Kyte answered, in a monotone voice that, if color could be ascribed to sound, matched his dull, grey eyes. "I can do whatever needs to be done." A few second's pause, then Kyte picked up again.

"What about yourself?" He asked.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-02 at 06:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela Tailor

Shiela leans back while Kyte recounts his abilties and team assignment.
    "Whatever needs to be done, eh?" she responds quizzicaly, and leans foward, again, sizing the man up. "That almost sounds like you're challenging me to find something you can't do." with a twisted grin, the red-head flags down Ana.
    "Can my new friend and I get a couple mugs of ale, please?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thymin View Post
    Dravick:

Dravick notices the newcomers and is interested in finding out about them. He sees that the young man has gotten into a conversation with Sheila and decides to leave them alone for the time being. Wouldn't want him to feel surrounded... He takes a seat across the table from the new girl and says, "My name is Dravick, and I just wanted to welcome you to our group. Forgive me for saying, but you seem a bit shy. Don't worry, no one here will bite, just don't get your fingers too close to some of their food..." He smiles in a warm and friendly manner before leaning back in his chair and taking a swig of his ale. Then, almost as an afterthought he says, "Are you hungry? Ana makes some really good food."
    Althea

Althea was surprised by the man who sat down at her table so quickly. She wasn't really used to getting attention that quickly anywhere, and she wasn't quite ready, stammering for a moment before speaking. "Oh, thank you. I'm not actually part of the Guild yet though. I want to be though. Althea smiled, a little caught up in talking. She didn't do it that often. IT felt good to hear his little food joke though. "Thank you for the offer, but I'm fine. I just need to get my bearings really. I'm kind of new to these parts really, so I'm not sure how everything really works. I'm Althea, by the way.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ale... I'd rather not. No need to refuse, though. Someone else can drink it. Kyte stopped himself. Brooding could only lead one place, and Kyte didn't want to go there. Instead, he remembered the last thing Shiela had said before that. He turned to her again.

"Think of something. I'll do it." He said.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Well, apparently, you can't read minds." she says with a grin. "Thats what the ale is for. I wanna see if you can drink me under the table."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Ulysses Valeris, Human Knight

Having just arrived in Bridgeport and gone straight from the road to put his name into the guild registry, Ulysses decides to head to the guild common room to take his ease and scope out the proverbial lie of the land until he's assigned to a team.

His gauntlets stowed in his pack and his helm tucked in the crook of one arm, he enters the hall, striding purposefully to the bar and placing his helm down atop it. "A cup of watered wine, if you will, to wash the road's dust from my throat," he calls to the barmaid. Glancing around the room, he sees others eating what looks like a simple but hearty meal. He glances at one hand, realizing that he had better clean the dust from his face and hands before he gets anything to eat. "And a damp cloth, if there's one to be had, please."

Sitting, Ulysses sets about loosening the buckles on his armor and on the sword strapped to back, but doesn not remove them. A knight must always be prepared for combat... even one such as me, with no liege but fate and the will of the gods.

((Here's my OOC post: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=184))
    Setting: The Chimeric City

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the Calvin avatar, as well as the Pandaren:
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Dravick returns Althea's smile. "It's nice to meet you Althea. I have lived in this city for some years now, so if you need anything please feel free to ask. You seem like a good person, and I think you will make an excellent addition to the group. I look forward to sharing adventures with you, whether it be through shared experiences on the same team, or through experiences shared over ale here in the common room after the fact. I am a member of Team Badger by the way, "then whispering "We are the best team by the way, but the others are pretty good too."He then smiles slightly and says, "By the way, you have a nice smile, you should show it more often."
    Last edited by Thymin; 2008-01-02 at 09:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"No." Kyte replied shortly. He stood up, intending to leave. "I don't drink."
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-02 at 10:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Overhearing the end of the conversation between Shiela and the new fellow, Dravick interjects. "Don't take her too seriously, she sat out the last drinking contest we had. But don't worry not everyone here is a drunk. Did I hear that you were assigned to Team Badger? If so then welcome aboard, My name is Dravick, and I too am a part of Team Badger." He smiles at the sad looking fellow, trying to cheer him up. "Pull up a chair and have some food at least. Ana is quite the cook. You do eat right?"

Dravick is also intrigued by the armored man (Knight?) who just walked up to the bar, but he decides that he has enough new friends to get to know for the moment.
    Last edited by Thymin; 2008-01-03 at 08:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default And who is this?

"That... that was odd. Why didn't she answer my question? She is awfully...."

Spoiler
    Show

In all fairness, I'm making a listening check about the conversation involving Kyte being in team badger, and also Ana's muteness.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default NOTE: I am a tool and forget to put the rolls in. I'm sorry.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[13]
    That should take care of it, if it were done right.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Althea

"Um, thanks," she replied, looking down a bit. She felt more embarrassed now then she did moments earlier. She avoided his eyes, staring at the table before her. "I'm looking forward to it as well. Thank you." She paused for a moment, allowing her new freind to speak to another who was nearby. "Actually, I really don't know much about Bridgeport at all. So any basic knowledge about the city would be great."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte turned to Dravick as he spoke, and nodded slightly at Dravick's mention of team Badger.

His voice is very bright. Kyte noted, and shook his head to indicate his declining of the man's offer of food - he had just eaten. He then turned back to Shiela, and shifted his head to the side, eyes boring through her once again.

"Perhaps you would like to try something different." He offered, yet with a voice still in a dead monotone.

28. - Top - End - #178

Default Re: Matthew talking to Elga, out back of the house

Quote Originally Posted by DavidByron View Post
    Do you know why Ana cannot speak?[/COLOR]
    As Elga gathers up the laundry and walks back into the Common Room with Matthew, she says,

Elga
    "Officially, no. What I do know is that she was once able to speak, and by some sort of magic she became mute. There is nothing physically wrong with her. More than that, neither Bruce nor Eldon will tell me - I think both of them know, but good luck trying to get that information out of them! And don't even bother asking Ana anything like that, she'll just run and hide from you. I've tried having conversations with that girl, but I've found out it's best just to tell her good morning and what chores to do, and leave it at that."

Placing the laundry next to the bar for the time being, she poors herself a tall ale and begins to sip it, leaning against the bar.

29. - Top - End - #179

Default Matthew Estella (Human Illusionist)

Quietly, to Elga:
    Wow. Sounds like some sort of curse. I had no idea. Well I have some knowledge of magic; perhaps I should ask Bruce or Eldon if I can be of some assistance.

Placing the laundry next to the bar for the time being, she pours herself a tall ale and begins to sip it, leaning against the bar.
    Hey, looks like we have some new arrivals. Still got the old Prestidigitation going.....

Anyone want their beer chilled? Matthew pours himself a drink and frosts over his glass with a little "Abracadabra!"

Wait, this one looks like another barbarian; I wonder if she is magic-shy. That might have been a bad move.

To Althea:
    My name's Matthew. I'm an Illusionist. A bit like a kind of bard. barbarians like bards, I think.... everyone likes bards....

30. - Top - End - #180

Elga

"Well, you can ask them, but don't let on that you got any information from me. It's supposed to be some kind of big secret, though I can't understand why."

Ana gives Ulysses the wine and cloth he asked for, then moves down towards Elga and Matthew to clean the bar, causing Elga to stop talking and focus her attention on her ale.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-01-04 at 12:56 PM.