New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Matthew Estella (Human Illusionist)

This isn't funny Vlax!

As he concludes his plea, Ulysses finds himself drenched in ale.
    OK now, see, THAT is funny!

Matthew starts laughing at the rather ignoble end to the knights speech....
    and then gets some beer thrown at him too.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Headquarters IC

With a cry of "Wahay! More beer!" Vlax proceeds to drink as much of it as possible (He's not quite drunk enough to lick it off the floor/clothes yet though) and then starts dancing, and falling over a lot, still laughing, with a mug of ale in each hand.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

The ale splashed over the girl hard, and she paused for a moment, blowing some of the liquid off of her lips. Althea laughed, realizing that she was covered in ale and that the situation was defusing. She relaxed, letting her heavy blade fall and hit the ground point first with a thud. She leaned on it for support, still laughing. The dwarf doing his little dance only contributed to her laughter. On another day, she might have swung the other way, but this was a little bit too silly for the barbarian.

"So much for a serious incident," the girl managed to get up, wringing out part of her shirt from some of the ale. The smell would stick to the armor for some time now, at least until she got them cleaned.
    Last edited by ArtifexFelicis; 2008-01-06 at 02:45 PM.
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

The battle-ready redhead would have normally relaxed a a full five hairs from the knight's attempt at calming everyone. It seemed more like a threat than an attempt to calm.
    Like a challenge.

Then the beer started flowing.
    At once very happpy with the fact that she had not yet charged, and was thus distant from the geyser of beer. Shiela laughed and stowed her blade, and began moving to remove her shield and lean it against the table.
    "Well, it looks like Ana calmed everyone down!" she commented aloud, and then, adressing Ana "Good show, friend!"
    As soon as her weapon and shield were away, she looked at the knight.
    "Sir Dripsalotofale, you may need to clean up a wee bit."
    Than, adressing Ana once more "Could you please direct me to the mops, so we can impliment damage control?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

While Kyte's body lies on the floor, his mind wanders, going back to the moment when he first found his parents dead.

He stands in the doorway to his parents' room. Nothing is out of place - the table stands at one wall, untouched, the clothes are piled neatly in the corner, and his parents lie in their bed. Yet their chests do not rise with the breath of life, their bodies do not move. Their faces are lined with bright purple where poison has seeped through their veins, and their faces are contorted in agony, eyes open and mouthes wide with silent screams. They died in pain.

Kyte looks on, as a young boy with tears streaming down his face, sobs echoing through the silent house. He cries out, but no one can hear him. Then he is an adult, looking at the bodies with no emotion, no more tears on his face. He turns, away from the room, the scene of death, and faces darkness. He walks forward, leaving it behind him.

Kyte awakens slowly, hearing returning first, then, slowly, vision follows. He hears raised voices, yet cannot make out what they are saying. Blurry shapes stand over him, doing something, but he can't understand... Then, like waking from a dream, he comes back to the real world.

There is the feeling of something sticky on his face. Kyte climbs to his feet, surveying the surrounding area.

It seems that something interesting did happen. He thinks to himself, brushing aside the momentary pang of regret that he feels he is being untrue to himself.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-06 at 08:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216

Matthew's feeling a little clearer too.

Ha. I could clean myself up with a snap of the fingers --- probably not exactly the best time to go casting more spells though. And that weird new guy doesn't even seem to know what's going on....

Hearing Shiela volunteering to do clean up:
    Oh no need -- I'll do it. I guess it's my fault anyway... partly. Plus I know where the mop is from the last time.

Hm. I would have thought Shiela would be the last person to volunteer to clean floors of spilled ale. It seems like she's been trying to impress everyone that she's a hard nosed tough fighter not a pretty little red head. Like she had to do a lot of standing up for herself for some reason. Like she had to show us all she was just as good as all these six foot tall tough guys. This is interesting. I wonder if it means she is more relaxed with everyone now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Matthew is 5'4" -- 1 inch shorter than Shiela
    About half the humans in the guild are 6' tall

Although.... ... you know what? I could probably do with cleaning up myself first, especially if anyone else is interested in walking around Bridgeport a little today. Thanks... I owe you one Shiela!

To Althea:
    You wanted a tour, right? I'd be happy to show you around the sights although you may not be interested in the library so ... most people aren't I suppose ... well I guess I can skip that part for another day.

To Ulysses:
    I seem to have over-reacted a little. I'm not exactly sure what this guy was trying to do. ..... it all happened so fast... I just reacted on instinct.
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-01-06 at 06:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Default Ulysses Valeris, Human Knight

As laughter begins breaking out all around and the myriad tensions die away, Ulysses feels his own mouth quirking up in an involuntary smile. He meets the barmaid's gaze and gives her a grateful nod of thanks.

Two decades of life training to be a leader of men and I'm upstaged by a barmaid who's quiet as a mouse. This little irony is far more darkly amusing to Ulysses than being doused in ale ever could be.

Ignoring the red-head's rude remarks, Ulysses turns to the wizard.

I seem to have over-reacted a little. I'm not exactly sure what this guy was trying to do. ..... it all happened so fast... I just reacted on instinct.
    "Yes, I think we may all have overreacted a bit," though as he says this, he glances warily aside at the supposed "thief" before returning his attention to the wizard, and bowing to him. "My sincerest apologies if I alarmed you or your companions, sir wizard."
    Last edited by souldoubt; 2008-01-06 at 09:04 PM.
    Setting: The Chimeric City

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the Calvin avatar, as well as the Pandaren:
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

8. - Top - End - #218

To Ulysses:
    I'm not much of a "sir".... not that much of a "wizard" either.
    Grins. But I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

C'mon. I'll show you where the hot water is.

To Althea:
    See if anyone else wants to go for a walk about town. Make sure you've seen Lankin to get your "expense account"!

As Matthew walks off he's still talking to Ulysses:
    What kind of accent is that? Where do you come from? My name's Matthew by the way. That's a military style isn't it? (the scale mail) Did you serve in the military? Sorry about all that fuss by the way. Everyone here is a bit crazy... except Fin; he's a good kid. I suppose you have to be a bit crazy...
    Spoiler
    Show
    assuming Ulysses is following
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-01-07 at 12:43 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Berwin, Cleric of Neraynh

Berwin enters the common room, rubbing his eyes and looking even more tired than usual. He walks to the bar, carefully avoiding the puddles of ale on the ground and waits for Ana to notice him.
    When she does, she rolls her eyes and grins, which he answers with an embarrassed smile. It looks like this is not the first time Berwin is late for lunch.

Receiving a small bowl that Ana fetched from the kitchen he shuffles to his table in the corner and sits down. Poking around in the bowl of cold and dried out stir fry, Berwin finally starts to eat, watching the apparently ale-drenched patrons with a raised eyebrow.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

As the laughter begins its contagious travel through the common room, Dravick's ever-present smile returns to his face and his hand leaves the hilt of his sword. He sits in the nearest chair and tries to piece together the events that had transpired as Matthew walks away with the knight. With a quizzical smile on his face Dravick seems at ease, but confused. "Would someone please tell me what happened?" Dravick says to no one in particular.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

To Matthew
    "I will, thanks. Good luck getting the drunk smell out of your clothes." Althea still grinned widely, nodding to the smaller wizard. She continued grinning, wiping and drying her greatsword as best she could before sheathing it once more. She walked over to the other man who she was talking to earlier, grinning again at him.

To Dravick
    "If you give me a hand, I'll tell the story from when you got hit from the the spell." She chuckled again. "I'm still new here, and we could just walk and talk at the same time I think. Of course, if you could help me find a place to wash my clothes, that would be helpful as well. I don't think I could take smelling ale for a couple days before the elements choke the smell out. She at down at a nearby seat. "Still, I think I might have had a bit too much excitement for now. Seeing the town might be a bit better then staying around here."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

What kind of accent is that? Where do you come from? That's a military style isn't it? (the scale mail) Did you serve in the military?
    Ulysses follows the man who claims he's "not much of a wizard." While he's thankful not to be fighting this man, his fellow guildmember, and even more thankful to have someone to talk to in this strange and distant land after such a long journey, Ulysses doesn't much care for his line of questioning. Oh, well. It's only natural that people should ask these sorts of questions. I'll have to answer them sooner or later.

"I... served in Caulbrook. Or, I trained to serve there, anyway." Then Ulysses realizes that people in Bridgeport might not even know where Caulbrook is. "Caulbrook is the northern province of the Duchy of Colos," he explains. "The other two provinces are Whitecross, where the Duke lives, and then Easton Wold, the forested lands just to the east of Whitecross. So I suppose my accent would be Colosian, to you."

Surely he's heard of Whitecross, at least....
    Ulysses tries to change to subject. "Sorry if 'sir wizard' was a misnomer. But I still don't know your name." He smirks and stifles an audible chuckle. "There wasn't much time for introductions, just then. My name is Ulysses Valeris, in case you didn't catch it the first time."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll upload a (probably badly drawn) map of the Duchy of Colos to the photobucket whenever I get around to making one, since I have a pretty good mental image of its layout
    Last edited by souldoubt; 2008-01-06 at 10:21 PM. Reason: text color

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Oh, no, it isn't a problem, I was involved, too, and you're soaked. Also, when your old man owns a store, you get used to cleaning. Although if you still have some of that spell going - what was it called? Presdignitation? - I would deeply appreciate some magickal assitance" with that, Shiela trots towards the location of the mop, having noted it earlier.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Wh... what?

Zan stood, drenched with ale while trying to defend Matthew. Maybe it was all for the better, seeing as things did manage to calm down, at the cost of soaking his clothing. Hoping that nobody would see, he sucked at his clothes a little bit while staying near Matthew.

"This will have to be cleaned, eventually. Until then..."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte follows Shiela, and finds another mop, which he takes.

"I will help as well." He says, looking at Shiela.

16. - Top - End - #226

Ulysses:
    My name is Ulysses Valeris, in case you didn't catch it the first time.
    Uhoh. Is this guy a real knight?!?

Shiela:
    what was it called? Presdignitation?
    ??? I didn't say what the spell was called did I?

Excuse me Sir Ulysses... where are my manners? May I present Miss Shiela Tailor of Bridgeport. Shiela, this is Sir Ulysses Valeris from the Duchy of Colos. Sheila is an accomplished fighter and the leader of her team. And apparently ... which I did not know ... also something of a student of the arcane arts?

The spell that Shiela correctly identified, is a flexible utility and training spell, a favourite among apprentices for its ability, among other things, to aid in cleaning items. That much is, perhaps, well known. But Shiela, you recognised it just from me using it to chill beer?

At any rate you are correct Shiela. I ought to use the energies while I have them at my disposal. I was refraining because I felt that if I suddenly started to look as if I was casting another spell that might cause ... well, Ana might have had to crack open another cask of ale.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ana = 5th level barmaid with skill ranks in throw beer

With your permission Sir, I can clean up those clothes of yours? Perhaps I should demonstrate on myself first.... unfortunately it can't clean people only things.

Spoiler
    Show
    I may multiclass with a level of launderer / washerwoman at this rate

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"I've always been fascinated with magic, and I was taught of a few apprentice-spells and what they do, but not how to cast them. At best, my tutor surmised I only have the energies to light a wand - and from practice, I can fairly say I'm not good at that, either.
    I'm surprised I got the spell name right. I was always really bad at that stuff."

Spoiler
    Show
    ITs all true! Look at her backstory. Also: I, personally, LOVE Presdignitation, its almost worth multi-classing for! I swear, thats the only one Shiela will be able to recognise, besides such classics as fireball and Lightning bolt - and those only becuase well, the names are obvious!

One can easily detect a visible blush coming from Shiela at her confession of a mote of arcane knowledge.
    "At any rate, good tidings, Sir Valeris. I hope we won't have another incdent like this again."
    This sentance, almost seeming tacked-on, is mostly used to conceal her blush and allow Shiela time to twist her expression into a maniac grin.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2008-01-07 at 12:16 AM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I just assume that Matthew has introduced himself by name now? I'm getting tired of refering to him in my narration as "the wizard" or "this guy 'ere"

Ulysses schools his expression into one of complacency as Matthew introduces him to the red-haired woman, remembering her earlier "Sir Dripsalotofale" quip. Ulysses bows formally, maintaining his poise and composure -- though he notices that his actually dripping ale.

Spoiler
    Show
    With a 17 Cha, I imagine that Ulysses can somehow manage to make even ale-splashed armor look acceptably dignified. (And if he had an 18 Cha, anybody who wasn't dripping ale would feel underdressed! )

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Tailor," he intones politely.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

19. - Top - End - #229

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry - yes assume Ulysses was introduced to Matthew.
    In fact I'll edit the bit where Matthew is rabbiting on to add that.

BTW in case you were wondering, yeah he changes the way he speaks when he realises Ulysses might be a nobleman. And yes he's laying it on a bit thick for Matthew because he was wondering if Ulysses was going to respond with some sort of "Oh, no need to call me Sir" thing. But he didn't! So that makes Matthew think he really might be a nobleman who sort of is used to that sort of language. But Matthew knows nothing about the aristocracy out that way so he doesn't know "Valeris".

The stuff about Shiela was to make sure Ulysses won't under estimate her, and also because he was really surprised about the spell name.
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-01-07 at 12:55 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Bruce

I don't know what happened here and I don't want to know. Just don't let it happen again! Ana, for anyone that doesn't want cleaned by magic, prepare tubs of water for them to bathe - men in the stable, women in the basement.
    One more thing. You are all limited to three ales a day. Ana, don't bring up any more ale from the basement once they've used their daily allotment.
    And for goodness sake, Elga, come out from under that table!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Poor ale-drinking dwarf.

While helping Shiela mop up the remains of the ale strewn about, Kyte actually smiles - though coupled with his usual demeanor, it doesn't come off well, and looks more like a skeleton grin than an expression of happiness. He catches Shiela's eye, and meets her grin with his own.

"That was interesting, don't you agree?" He says to her, though still with a voice that calls from the grave.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

"Awww! ah well, wash good while it lashted...hic!...

Vlax collapses unconscious on the floor.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Quote Originally Posted by ArtifexFelicis View Post
    "If you give me a hand, I'll tell the story from when you got hit from the the spell." She chuckled again. "I'm still new here, and we could just walk and talk at the same time I think. Of course, if you could help me find a place to wash my clothes, that would be helpful as well. I don't think I could take smelling ale for a couple days before the elements choke the smell out. She at down at a nearby seat. "Still, I think I might have had a bit too much excitement for now. Seeing the town might be a bit better then staying around here."
    Dravick looks down at himself, amazed that he had escaped from the ale fountain virtually untouched. He looks at Althea and says, "Either of those options sounds fine to me. If you would like to get cleaned up I can show you where the basement is, or if you'd prefer to go for a stroll around town, I would be more than happy to be your guide." He gives her a warm and welcoming smile.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:

24. - Top - End - #234
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Gylvin, Elven Wizard

Gylvin walks into the bar area and surveys the mess. He just shakes his head and thinks "I hope this lot behaves better in battle than they do in their own guild"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher Doc View Post
    Bruce
    You are all limited to three ales a day. Ana, don't bring up any more ale from the basement once they've used their daily allotment.
    And for goodness sake, Elga, come out from under that table!
    Gylvin approaches Bruce and greets him. "Hello Bruce. I've never seen ale used as a floor cleaner. I'm glad you didn't limit wine."

"On a more serious note, I have a couple of questions. First, I'm thinking of creating several scrolls so that I've got back up in case of trouble. Will the guild subsidize the creation of scrolls for use on guild related business? Second, I'd like to organize a regular meeting of the mages. Do you mind if I post this flyer in the library and tap room?"
    Gylvin hands the flyer over to Bruce.

Spoiler
    Show

Calling All Spellcasters!

S.P.A.M.
    Society for the Perfection of Arcane Methodolgy

Please come to an organizational meeting of S.P.A.M. in the guild library tomorrow at 7pm. The purpose of S.P.A.M. is to provide an intellectual forum for the discussion of Arcane matters and sharing of knowledge.

This represents an outstanding opportunity to develop a guild-wide social network of the magic using community. It also will be the opportunity for spell casters to continue the professional development amongst their peers.

In the future, when we smite an enemy they'll know they've been S.P.A.M.'d. As we develop together, I'm sure every guild team will demand at least one Spammer in their party.

The first meeting will be chaired by Gylvin from Team Cougar. If there is sufficient interest, we can elect officers in the near future.

Join S.P.A.M. Today!

{OOC: The idea of meeting was originally DavidByron's. He suggested it in one of his posts, I decided to run with it because I amused myself with the acronym and poster. }
    Last edited by strongoak; 2008-01-07 at 04:34 PM.
    I hate it when other people use my ideas and don't even bother to give me credit --Anonymous

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." —Mark Twain

25. - Top - End - #235
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Do you know how Zan's usually quiet?

"THREE!? Three ales a day and that's it!?" Still somewhat soaked with ale, the normally placid cleric stormed in circles. It would have looked comical if many didn't share the same situation. After a few moments of fuming angrily, Zan walked straight up to Kyte. "This is all YOUR fault!"

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

"Then I must ask to partake in your services, Dravick," Althea replied.She cast a worried look as one of the other guild members began to turn upon the original thief. The barbarian bit her lower lip, turning her attention back to the dry bard before her. As exhilarating as it was, the feeling of power and invincibility, giving into her heritage never appealed to Althea. Fights were one thing, but a barroom brawl was something completely different. The sun will dry me out fast enough. Let's go see the town before someone starts throwing punches and we get dragged into it."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Oh, yes, fun. But as it seems, a diversion you will not want to re-create, and one I would much rather not participate in again.
    "
    Shiela responds to Kyte, and icy tone in her voice, backing away from him and the accusing cleric.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Finding it hard to be intimidated by a man who, at full height, is 1 inch shorter than himself, Kyte raises an eyebrow at the cleric. Then he turns to Shiela again.

"I would have thought you liked action." Kyte replies in his normal, monotone voice; moving the mop back and forth to continue cleaning the floor.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Dravick sees the logic in Althea's reasoning, and decides that getting out of the common room is a good idea. "Well then, my fair lady. If you will come with me, I will show you the sights and spectacles of Bridgeport." Smiling, he escorts her from the common room.
    Last edited by Thymin; 2008-01-08 at 10:02 AM.

Current Characters:

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by strongoak View Post
    Gylvin, Elven Wizard
    Will the guild subsidize the creation of scrolls for use on guild related business? Second, I'd like to organize a regular meeting of the mages. Do you mind if I post this flyer in the library and tap room?"
    Bruce

"Hmm, I see. I'm afraid the guild can not subsidize scroll creating any more than we can purchasing more equipment. You've all been given an expense account, which may be used for that purpose. Now, as far as Continuing Magical Education goes, I'm all for it! Teamwork will be key to strengthening this guild... especially necessary after what I've seen in here today."

OOC: Scroll creation should be done in the Team threads. Let me know if you need some Time lapse to allow for this.