New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bastion of Broken Souls [IC]

"I'm just a kobold with poor fashion-sense, dear." The kobold smiled, the movement of it's lips are accompanied by the audible crinkle of it's skin.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Banned

Mahogany listens with rapt attention to mention of Dydd and nods eagerly, "Oh, but I've heard o' that fella. Dydd's Farewell in the particulars if you'll believe me, and I don't tell lies too often, more alike t' whoppers really. Now, I keep an ear out, like to know who's who and what's what and I've got a bit of the know on the family trees, even those with deep roots and many branches. If memory recalls, and thats iffy nowadays at my waning age 'n all, some lass calls herself the Master 'o Nine is his last surviving heir. Heiress I suppose mebbe. Naomi something... eh, Drakestorm I heretell. Anyone know the likes?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

The kobold turns toward Naomi. "I seem to recall you introducing yourself as Drakestorm. It appears that our young friend has found our druid-spawn.."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

"I just got the details of Dydd's Farewell. I did not know his entire family tree to the modern descendant, who is in fact standing right here." A few of her knives detatch from the dagger-wings they currently form, pointing in Naomi's direction.
    "That's some good memorization. Color me impressed."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Banned

"High praise, lass, but just pays to keep an ear out and when you get to be up to ole Mahogany's years you cherish what stays in your head." he says with a wink.

He then remembers what was said earlier.

"So's them tales are true, the wee ones haven't got that spark within'em? Thats foul, right foul!" he says, and there is a spark of anger in his eyes that is near appalling in his kindly face.

He limps over to the chains that fell and runs a finger of them, looking them over with a gaze now hard.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Naomi Drakestorm

Naomi turns to the old man. "Yes, I am Naomi Drakestorm. But I never called myself a Master if Nine. I don't know of any druids in my family. What do you know about Dydd and what is his Farewell ? How long ago did he live anyway ?"
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

"Oh, his tales are centuries old, lass. Before my time even. Our demon hunter friend tells the most of it, recalling all that more into the details, thought let me try to get this clunker of mine a'working." he says, and taps his head.

He looks thoughtful and at length responds, "Ash... Asharadalon, thats the thing's name, it's coming back, though my tongue has to do some somersaulting. The red dragon that the druid fella kicked the bucket to kick its tail. Other forest folks died with 'em. Church of the Elements I've 'eardtell they was. Somethin' to do with snoozing to... yeh, thats right, a Guild of Sleep as well was your greatly grandpappy in bed with, if you'll excuse the term."
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-01-06 at 07:12 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

"There are obviously a good many things we need to discuss." He says in all seriousness to Sharra. "But this is not the place to do it. I would suggest we follow your plan for now, get into this private sanctum buisiness, and I'll tell you what you need to know. We share a common enemy, and I'm not about to turn away from a potential ally."
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

9. - Top - End - #159
    Banned

"That's as may be, Nurn. All right, come along--but I'm not sure I trust that our purposes are the same, nor that your master's goals won't come into conflict with our own."

The gnome straightens, losing her look of concentration, and nodding in Mahogany's direction. "The Church of the Elements is still around, I think. I don't know anything about the Guild of Sleep, but there's time to find out. All right--let's go get ourselves some privacy. Who's in?"

(Sharra still has Anticipate Teleport and Detect Scrying active, so if anyone... like the Cathezar... tries either, she should be alerted.)

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Artemus walks over to the wall and picks his unique spear back up and holds it firmly. "Lead us to where we must go, Nurn."
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-01-08 at 09:28 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

11. - Top - End - #161

((Guys, I'm waiting on you. this is the time where the DM can only really answer questions. To quote a great sci-fi figure: "I can only show you the door. It is you that has to step through it."

Oh, and kudos to those of you who know where thats from.))

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

12. - Top - End - #162

Tiatiae

"I'm in" Tiatiae says as she stands and gathers her pack. "Certainly the good inkeeper would rather not have any more unannounced demons popping in today."
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Kelborn

The kobold turns to his elven companion. "(Draconic)Kithra, inform the men that they should stay in this town some time. We're leaving soon, so run back quickly."

"We've got plenty of time, and nothing to do."

The gray elf nods and dashes off to do as she's told quickly.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-01-08 at 10:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Aedras turned away from the barkeeper, "I'll join you all as well, I feel it is my duty to join such a noble quest, please just let me know when you set off" he says dismissively, then returns to his conversation with the tavern owner.

Spoiler
    Show

For Ellas:
    just send me any important information, like the price for the chandelier.
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-01-09 at 12:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

15. - Top - End - #165

Naomi Drakestorm

"I'm in, of course. This is a noble endeavour.", says Naomi and gathers her other belongings. "And I don't want to face this freakish fiend alone ... I hope you understand.", she adds with a smile.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

"This ole body may not be much, but I'd like to give a hand iffin' I can come in?" Mahogany asks. "Monstrous deed to the lil'uns and I'll not have it be said that I dint lift a finger to aid'n stop it, even if it'd be only me as listened!"

17. - Top - End - #167

Well then, He looks to Sharra, expecting that she had figured out what the group's next move would be. Shall we be going?

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Artemus slams the butt of his spear into the floor with a loud thud, he stands proud and tall with determination in his eyes. "We are ready!"

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Banned

"With all due respect to a learned man: can you defend yourself? This is a risky business. Odds are, we won't be able to spare the time to look after you."

Turning away from Mahogany, Sharra surveys the rest. "Hmph. All right, let's go."

She turns and goes out the door, heading for a quarter of the city where magical services may be bought.

(Ellas--can we find either an NPC who can cast the spell or a scroll of it in this city? If need be, Sharra expends a spell slot to spontacast Find the Path or Guided Path or something.)
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2008-01-11 at 05:16 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170

It's a big enough city, so you should be able to find such a scroll rather easily.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

21. - Top - End - #171
    Banned

"No worries, lass." Mahogany says with a broad smile, "I can be a lookin' after myself if I can't do nothing else, and I'll steer clear of treadin' upon any of you mighty folk's toes'n'cloaks."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Artemus turns to Mahogany and raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure someone as elderly and frail as yourself is fully up to what the rest of us are? Perhaps you should stay back, as not to get hurt."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

The kobold turns to Artemus. "Are you saying that the old and wise have no place upon the battlefield, child?" The creature practically spits the last word out. "I, personally, welcome the wisdom that a man such as this fine young fellow can offer." It smiles a crooked smile and motions toward the human of which he is referring.

The kobold waits until Lithana returns, and spends the time speaking to Mahogany. "I heard you telling stories before the fiend came. May I trouble you to hear some myself? I may be old, but I enjoy a good scare now and again.."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

"A story that'd put the quake and shudder more'n what we just faced and facing would be put me to the hard test, for sure and certain!" says Mahogany, looking down at the kobold. "Not sure I'd be able to face a tale as one to put the quaver in you brave folk. Honored, with a bow and a tug of my lank I am that you think the fellow as I am could do suchlike."

25. - Top - End - #175

((Oy, people, what's going on? I'm waiting on you guys.))

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

((I'm pretty certain I trust Nurn enough to go along with whatever.))

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177

((Yes, follow along till Sharra gets the scroll then go to a private place to talk ?))

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Banned

Sharra asks everyone to chip in for the (1,125 gp -- with six people, 187.5 each) scroll, purchases it (presumably at a particularily high-end mage's place), and creates a Rope Trick in an out-of-the-way location. A rope snakes up into the air, opening into a featureless extradimensional space--a habitable hemisphere of faint grey light against a backdrop of pure nothingness.

As everyone is beginning to climb into the Rope Trick, she furtively casts another spell (sacrificng Slow for Divine Insight), and proceeds to connect everyone except Nurn via a Telepathic Bond spell.

Once in the Rope Trick, she reads the scrolls of Private Sanctum; a thick mist rushes out, flooding the area, and vanishes, as the paper itself expires. Her thoughts flow out along the intangible mental connections she's created.
    I've connected us via a Telepathic Bond spell. Nurn isn't included. You can communicate mentally to any of us, or all of us involved. This way we can confer without his hearing. I've probed his mind and found a number of things that make him untrustworthy, but he can still be useful. Keeep a straight face and try not to look alarmed or surprise.

(Taking 10 on the Sleight of Hand check to cast Telepathic Bond unnoticed by Nurn, expending Divine Insight.)

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

(Kelborn doesn't have the gold to pitch in for the scroll)

"I apologize. I travel too much, and gold attracts bandits, no?"

The kobold doesn't change his facial features when Sharra speaks in his mind. So why, pray tell, did you find it fit to invade our privacy if you do not trust this man? Would it not have been easier to dispose of him than allow him to fester as a threat to our safety?

30. - Top - End - #180

Tiatiae

When giving Sharra gold for the scroll, she offers to cover Kelborn's share as well.

Why get rid of someone if we don't yet know if they can be of use?
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney