New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bastion of Broken Souls [IC]

Artemus gives Sharra 188 gold.
    I've no reason to not trust this man... He has posed no threat to us that is obvious as far as I can sense from him. Surely if he does it will be a trifle to do away with him.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-01-15 at 08:26 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aedras hands over 19 platinum for his share

I see no reason to mistrust this man any more than the rest of you folk, and it would seem his knowledge is invaluable. Even if he is using us, we might as well do the same to him, and if he plans to betray us, it won't be any easier to defeat him now than later, if we must.

Aedras finds his way into the extradementional safehouse, looking around at the mist "are we ready then?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

"Would that I could lass, but gold and my pockets aren't on first name terms as it were." Mahogany responds apologetically.

As he follows about and sees the rope snaking up a delighted smile comes to his worn face. "Where does that lead, lass?"

He doesn't appear to notice the telepathic bond and the thoughts flying around are devoid of his own.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-01-15 at 09:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Kelborn

"It leads to nowhere, my friend." The kobold smiles as he offers to help Mahogany up the rope.

Because he is a danger? After all, how much longer will we be useful to him? And when will he decide to stab us in the back?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Naomi Drakestorm

Naomi gives Sharra 187,5 gp as her share for the scroll and climbs into the Rope Trick pocket dimension. "We should use him to get more information about this Bastion of Broken Souls and everything. I believe Sharra when she says that this Nurn is untrustworthy. When we are careful about his words and deeds we'll notice if he lies to us or leads us into a trap."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Artemus waits until everyone is inside the rope trick, keeping watch as something of a habit to him. Surely if he attempts anything funny... He will know the harsh punishment of Law.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Banned

"Extradimensional space," Sharra explains to Mahogany, a single beat of her wings taking her up the rope, daggers streaming behind her. The lack of telepathic contact makes her think, and she invokes a Greater Arcane Sight spell as she goes (sacrificing Solipsism), examining her companions.

"All right, Nurn. Let's discuss," she says, once everyone has climbed into the Rope Trick and it's been protected against scrying. "Right now, my plan is to divine the location of the Cathezar's dwelling, teleport or plane-shift in, and either knock her out and then interrogate her or kill her and search the place. After that, we seek out the people Dydd was associated with; the Guild of Sleep and Church of the Elements."

Once she's spoken, her thoughts are cast outward, along the Telepathic Bond, to her companions.
    Artemus, if you jump him before I'm ready for it I will be severely displeased. The reason not to trust him is because he's not a man, he's a Death Slaad, and his master is none other than a head of Demogorgon itself--as is the Cathezar's master, which is why they're in conflict. I've read his subconscious, and he won't turn on us unless we go after his master, or if he thinks he can gain whatever it is the Cathezar's master seeks.

(Greater AS should reveal all spells and psionic powers functioning on everyone, including Nurn. )

8. - Top - End - #188

"Sounds like a plan." Nurn nods in agreement when Sharra is done speaking. I've been thinking of doing so for some time now. But you'd agree, one man against a being such as the Cathezar would be madness.

As for those groups, how can we be sure that they still exist? After all, Dydd's legendary battle was a long time ago.
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rachel: Neither Kelborn nor Lithana have spells active on them. His clothes are magical(strong/weak/moderate trans/evoc/conj). He's wearing two magical rings(one moderate trans, one weak conj). Lithana has strong trans gloves and moderate trans amulet. I need a DC 46 Spot check to tell anything else.

Spellcraft to determine the spell she casts: Autosuccess.

Kelborn shoots the gnome a flat glance. I would rather you kept your eyes to yourself, friend. It's generally considered rude. But more importantly.. Demogorgon you say? Then he's likely to turn against us the moment we succeed. Demons have a tendency to betray as often as they assist.

"A better question would be: How can we be sure these groups will know anything about the Cathezar at all? Guilds and churches tend to forget the legends that give them rise."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Banned

With much effort and straining of tired old muscles Mahogany finally makes it up the rope.

"Lass, next time I'd ask if you could supply a chair and havem hoist me up if its all the same..." he pants with a chuckle.

He listens with a thoughtful expression as ideas are thrown around, but for once actually remains silent.

11. - Top - End - #191

Tiatiae

Grabbing hold of the rope, Tiatiae 'cheats' as she uses her wings to gain access, rather than climb. When she gets to the top, she smiles in eager anticipation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tiatiae's got no active spells, but she fairly glistens with magic items: faint abjuration; faint, strong and moderate transmutation; moderate conjuration, moderate evocation and strong universal
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Artemus now climbs in when everyone goes in and sits back inside surveying the group.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Banned

I'm throwing a group together on the spur of the moment to investigate something the gods themselves aren't allowed to talk about. Politiness is so *very* not high on my list of priorities. Yes, Demogorgon; as long as we're working with one head against the other, we are relatively safe from treachery.

"We can't be sure, of course. But they might be able to tell us something useful. Still, there are more direct methods availible."

Sharra straightens, invoking another spell with a handful of words and a spreading and flourish of her hands.

(Sacrificing Moment of Prescience to cast Discern Location to locate the Cathezar.)

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

"The Stormcall Mountains," Sharra announces after minutes of spellcasting. "She's in a cavern under the Stormcall Mountains. This plane, then. We should prepare overnight, check to make sure she hasn't moved on in the morning, and then strike. Probably better to teleport close and find a physical entrance, if there is one; I might scout it out tonight."
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2008-01-21 at 04:30 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Naomi Drakestorm

"On this plane ? How convenient, almost too much. Be careful when if you want to scout there. You might better use some more spying spells instead of going near her physically.", says Naomi. "And tomorrow we'll strike back."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

"Surely this is the duty which I was ordered here for. I will gladly go there, after a night's preparation." Artemus says in his normal strong, noble voice.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197

If no one has any objections, we're just going to fast forward to the next morning.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

((Works for me.))

19. - Top - End - #199
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ellas Aramond View Post
    If no one has any objections, we're just going to fast forward to the next morning.
    Sharra has a talk with the spellcasters about spell selection so we can coordinate it.

(I was also going to Teleport over to the general viscinity of the Cathezar's lair and scout it out while Hiding, but that kind of single-person detour takes too long...)

20. - Top - End - #200

Yeah, I probably should have realized this sooner, but Rachel, if you want to do a single person scout-out, we can always do it over PM, or perhaps an IM.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

21. - Top - End - #201
    Banned

OOC: Crud, for some reason though I subscribed to this thread it's not alerting me to new postings, so that's why I've been so quiet. Fast forwarding is fine by me.

22. - Top - End - #202

OOC: I haven't had a notification all day today either. Strange but about par for the course for me. Moving ahead is fine with me.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

(Eh, let's not do the solo thing. Next morning! I'll have to re-pick my spells, and maybe scribe a few from local--or non-local, Teleport--wizards before bedtime.)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Artemus gathers his gear the next morning, having a conversation with a small globe of blue energy that floats about him before storing the globe into his pack and heading away from his Duke's palace to meet with the rest of the group. "Greetings, my friends." he speaks in a normal noble voice, but with very slightly more warmth than the previous evening.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-01-24 at 11:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

The night before, Sharra asks the warriors to purchase oils of Bless Weapon, to battle the Cathezar. She also makes some requests of Tiatiae, in terms of spell preparation:

Spoiler
    Show

Sharra requests at least two Greater Dispel Magics prepared to deal with the Cathezar's spells, and a pair of Align Weapon spells to help the warriors overcome the Cathezar's regeneration (provided they can't get Bless Weapon oils). A Blade Barrier, Empowered if possible, would help kill the Cathezar once Sharra has made her Dance again.
    As well, a Mass Conviction (SpC) for the group would be good, as would a Heroes' Feast in the morning.

Beyond that, if Tiatiae is willing to listen to more general advice,
    Spoiler
    Show
    she suggests that Energy Drain and Miracle are both good uses of 9th-level spell slots, a lot better than most alternatives except Mass Heal, which there should probably be at least one of.

For 7th level, she recommends Radiant Assault (which is delicious cake; I can PM you the details if you have no spell compendium) and perhaps one Mass Spell Resistance.

She'd also appreciate a Magic Vestment spell--two ideally, but one's plenty--if it can be spared, but if there are other priorities that's understandable.

She also examines Naomi and Artemus' weapons, the night before, to determine whether they are +5, and prepares Greater Magic Weapon for either or both if they need it. (Let me know if you do, and I'll mark the spell slot off.)

---

The next morning, Sharra looks little different. She is once again winged, once again trailed by a cloud of floating knives.
    Once everyone is gathered, she gets down to business. "All right. Anyone who has spells that last longer than, oh, an hour, now's the time. Open your minds; I'm going to connect us via Telepathic Bond so we can communicate in the thick of things."
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2008-01-25 at 05:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Naomi Drakestorm

The next morning Naomi buys an Oil of Bless Weapon at Alistair's Potions & Notions. She switches out the crystal on her Great Naginata and dons her helmet. "Good morning all of you."

((weapon isn't +5, changed from Crystal of Greater Adamant Weaponry to Greater Fiendslayer Crystal))

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

OOC Talk:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spell Resistance is basically going to make me useless against the Cathezar.

Kelborn

Lithana makes it known that she would need both of her blades aligned. She doesn't need a Magic Vestament or Greater Magic Weapon spell, but she does point out that Kelborn doesn't wear magical armor.

The kobold lacks a weapon, but is otherwise completely fine.

---

The next morning, Kelborn lacks his normal crouch. Instead, he appears abit more youthful and invigorated. He looks toward Artemus and Naomi when either of them speak. "Good morning to you as well. I hope you slept well enough."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Banned

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SR: No spells. Plus, can't you Dispel? That's fewer Greater Dispels Tiatiae and I need to prepare, if so. Besides, how high can the SR be? Just punch through it.
    You could also buy a scroll of Assay Spell Resistance and UMD it. Heck, Sharra could scribe one if you retroactively ask the night before.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Lorelei View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SR: No spells. Plus, can't you Dispel?
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dread Necromancer, remember? I don't have spells that aren't "kill it violently". I can dispel, so that will give me something to do.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-01-25 at 07:03 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Banned

Mahogany sleeps like a log, and contrary to what might be expected he is actually a very quiet sleeper, though occasionally he mouths something for extended periods.

He's up at the crack of dawn and pulling back on his worn boots.

"Morning, morning, oh mighty demon slayers!" he says as they begin to rouse themselves. "Today could be a mighty fine one, mmm?"

His eyebrows raise as Sharra suggests everyone connect mind to mind.
    "Eh? Well, why not. Just don't go peeking about inside here too much." he says with a grin, tapping his head. "Don't need none fallin' asleep!"